• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
When it comes to the next "mindblowing" character, I think Master Cheif is the next step up. He's the biggest (and pretty much only) mascot of a current competitor. Yeah, Cloud in Smash was cool, but FF7 being on the Playstation and not a Nintendo console was only a big deal 20 years ago.

It's also neat because of how Master Cheif is a western pick representing Microsoft, the David before the Japanese Goliaths. Ridley and Little Mac were western fan-favorites, but still ultimately eastern. Diddy is western created but part of an eastern franchise/company(also not too significant). Master Cheif will be balls to the walls "Not Nintendo or even Japan" in every way possible.

?????????????

Smash Master
When it comes to the next "mindblowing" character, I think Master Cheif is the next step up. He's the biggest (and pretty much only) mascot of a current competitor. Yeah, Cloud in Smash was cool, but FF7 being on the Playstation and not a Nintendo console was only a big deal 20 years ago.

It's also neat because of how Master Cheif is a western pick representing Microsoft, the David before the Japanese Goliaths. Ridley and Little Mac were western fan-favorites, but still ultimately eastern. Diddy is western created but part of an eastern franchise/company(also not too significant). Master Cheif will be balls to the walls "Not Nintendo or even Japan" in every way possible.
I'll grant that Master Chief would be mind-blowing, and I certainly don't mind him from a character or moveset standpoint, but...

The reason he would be so mind-blowing to me is the fact we have yet to see Halo on Nintendo. Yes, he TECHNICALLY could work since there are Halo skins in Nintendo Minecraft, but even Final Fantasy had a large history with Nintendo when Cloud was added.

I would be very questionable of this decision.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
Ivysaur and Pikachu are in their second stages though.
Yeah, I know, but my point is that people tend to never suggest the middle forms for Pokemon. For example, I'd much rather have Braixen over Delphox but I've seen more Delphox suggestions (although I have a ridiculously small sample size because it's counted out because of Greninja nowadays)
Also, Pikachu is basically an exception anyway. Game Freak acts like it's the final form with items like the light ball that only give Pikachu the stat boost lol. The only time that they ever acknowledge Raichu anymore is for Alolan Raichu. :(

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I kind of disagree.

Yes, he is the epitome of your generic fighting game character; serious martial artist, with some interesting abilities like the Hadouken and hurricane kick.

However, he is also THE ORIGIN of that type of character; Ryu is pretty much where it all started. He's not a vanilla fighting game character; he's THE vanilla fighting game character.

...And also, I was really excited by his inclusion cause I love Street Fighter.
And that's totally valid. I can absolutely respect his place in history. For me, I've never played a minute of Street Fighter, so as fun as it is to be able to shoot/shout Hadouken at people, he was never more than a "oh, neat" addition to the roster.

Me not playing SF might also affect how I feel playing him in Smash. I don't know any of the combos/button presses to make him do better moves, so as cool and unique a feature as that is, it just feels like a complication I don't want to invest time into to play a character I've never cared about before.

Who knows though? That may change. I didn't give Robin or Corrin the time of day until about a month ago, and they're starting to grow on me :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If we don't get Master Chief, I think Doom Guy would be almost, if not as great. He's a gun-shooting, American, demon-slaying badass and I'd love to see him in Smash Bros. Dude is nearly as iconic as Master Chief, and could even represent the beginning of PC Gaming. Didn't Sakurai say something about DOOM as well in an interview or something?

Doom Guy for Smash Ultimate DLC. Lets make this happen.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
The only gens that are "missing" a playable Pokemon in Smash are 3, 5, and 7, right? Who would everyone pick from each to add to the current Smash roster?

I'll say Sceptile, Zoroark, and Incineroar.
I have a bit of a rant for Pokemon reps. I know we all love that everyone is back. But of all the potential Pokemon for gen 2, we got Pichu as the rep. Bloody Pichu! We could have gotten Scizor or Heracross...

So let me fill up the missing rep list.

Gen 2: If there could be a slot, I would love it to be Scizor. He is a freaking badass bug. His moveset in Pokken is pretty unique.

Gen 3: I personally think Blaziken as a Capt Falcon echo is entirely possible.

Gen 5: I have really nothing on Gen 5. Zoroark as a Lucario echo perhaps? Chandelure would be amazing.

Gen 6: I would laugh if we get Aegislash as a Link echo. Hahahahaha.

Gen 7: I would love Decidueye as a unique fighter and Mimikyu as a Pikachu echo with electric powers swapping with ghost power. Incineroar would be great if they copy Zangief's moves.

Unrelated: I really want a Smash demo in the eshop right now. Days are going very slowly for me without Smash on Switch.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Gen 5 could be Serperior, I want to see what a "serpentine" fighter would be like...
Just play as Elliana in Rivals of Aether smh
/s

Honestly Serperior would make me so happy, what a cool, unique idea for a fighter, a limbless one!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we don't get Master Chief, I think Doom Guy would be almost, if not as great. He's a gun-shooting, American, demon-slaying badass and I'd love to see him in Smash Bros. Dude is nearly as iconic as Master Chief, and could even represent the beginning of PC Gaming. Didn't Sakurai say something about DOOM as well in an interview or something?

Yessss.

Honestly, I've never liked Chief's story. He feels way too perfect at literally everything and every single game feels like its dedicated to idolizing him even more.

There's something beautiful with the simplicity of a man getting REALLY angry and punching demons.
This on top of being the most classic of classic gaming things.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yessss.

Honestly, I've never liked Chief's story. He feels way too perfect at literally everything and every single game feels like its dedicated to idolizing him even more.
Does it perhaps feel that way because his name is literally Master Chief? :p

The only gens that are "missing" a playable Pokemon in Smash are 3, 5, and 7, right? Who would everyone pick from each to add to the current Smash roster?

Gen 3 is technically represented by Pokemon Trainer since he's the FR/LG version, which is of course Gen 3.
But pedantry aside.

Deoxys, Zoroark, and Lurantis.

Deoxys because it's rad as hell and because it having a form/stance change gimmick would be cool too.

Zoroark since it's pretty popular and a mimic character has never been done before.
He's an Echo Fighter of *everyone*.

Lurantis because I like it and Solar Blade is a cool move :/
But I would also be down for Lycanroc, Decidueye, Primarina or Magearna.
7 is a good generation.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
This exact list was given before with the only difference being Dixie listed as an Echo instead of a regular Newcomer.
View attachment 153635

interesting it was posted twice and with a minor difference (dixie being an echo or not), I also have to say i really like its choices of fighters, and its at least somewhat in-tune with some evidence for characters we have going on: mach riders a personal choice of mine that i think IS likely due to that toy robot figure interview from sakurai, waddle dee has some evidence of getting a new amiibo soon which would fit with him being playable in smash, and banjo kazooie fits with the "minecraft" part of vergebens leak and microsoft being involved in smash for some reason, but theres no simon belmont here so vergebens leak would be out the window anyway with this one i guess.

besides some of the echo choices seeming less likely to me than most people seem to assume (im not on board with shadow and dark samus) but its not like they arent possible, just not who im personally guessing at and i think they're liklihood is over exaggerated.

as for gengar i think he'd be a sweet pokemon newcomer and i could honestly see sakurai choosing someone like that over a newer pokmon, i could see the pokemon company doing that too tbh... I'm a fan of gen1 tho and I know some people hate the constant pandering but it could happen and gengars sweet.

anyway i'll be keeping this one in the back of my mind and if it happens to pop up again i'll keep watching, but for now all its got is that its been posted twice which of course could be the same guy or a copy cat.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yessss.

There's something beautiful with the simplicity of a man getting REALLY angry and punching demons.
This on top of being the most classic of classic gaming things.
Plus, this could be his newcomer art:
01c.jpg

Just have Samus and him shooting back to back and replace the demons with Metroids or something.

interesting it was posted twice and with a minor difference (dixie being an echo or not), I also have to say i really like its choices of fighters, and its at least somewhat in-tune with some evidence for characters we have going on: mach riders a personal choice of mine that i think IS likely due to that toy robot figure interview from sakurai, waddle dee has some evidence of getting a new amiibo soon which would fit with him being playable in smash, and banjo kazooie fits with the "minecraft" part of vergebens leak and microsoft being involved in smash for some reason, but theres no simon belmont here so vergebens leak would be out the window anyway with this one i guess.

besides some of the echo choices seeming less likely to me than most people seem to assume (im not on board with shadow and dark samus) but its not like they arent possible, just not who im personally guessing at and i think they're liklihood is over exaggerated.

as for gengar i think he'd be a sweet pokemon newcomer and i could honestly see sakurai choosing someone like that over a newer pokmon, i could see the pokemon company doing that too tbh... I'm a fan of gen1 tho and I know some people hate the constant pandering but it could happen and gengars sweet.

anyway i'll be keeping this one in the back of my mind and if it happens to pop up again i'll keep watching, but for now all its got is that its been posted twice which of course could be the same guy or a copy cat.
Another thing to keep in mind is that multiple sources could have the same misinformation. For all we know there could be 10+ "Full Rosters" out there, with each one being able to be traced back to a specific branch or department. That's assuming that this isn't piggybacking or reposting, which it could very likely be (lots of people repost "leaks" with minimal changes, such as the September 12th Nintendo Direct "leak").

While I'm not the biggest fan of that character list, it could be worse.

Also, speaking of piggybacking and sources potentially corroborating each other, I found these two leaks that give similar information without conflicting. Funnily enough, one of them is the "Toby leak."
Here to kill every fake leak that Nintendo is paying someone to create because he steals everyone's lunch in the break room's fridge, go **** yourself "Toby" you waste of oxygen

"Toby" is paid to come on here and **** with all of you as damage control because real things do actually get leaked, and have already.

Here is your roster, and don't pay attention to anything else because it's probably "Toby" ****ing with you

King K. Rool
Black Shadow (Echo)
Funky Kong (semi-clone)
Dark Samus (Echo)
Simon Belmont
Chrom
Rayman

Don't expect anyone else on the base roster. DLC is TBD.

**** you "Toby" and stop stealing my "Za" from the ****ing break room, and stop calling pizza "za" you dumb asshole
God I love how this "leak" is presented.
eaving as shift supervisor at SGS Hong Kong Ltd. Working conditions poor, long hours bad management, bad feelings

Production begins now for:

Rayman
Black Shadow
Chrom
King Rool
Dark Samus
Ridley
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Funky Kong

These will be new in "Smash Ultimate" with data link

Simon Belmont not my location but maybe in production another location, not sure
Interesting little thing I noticed while combing over my archives that I've been meaning to share with you all for a while.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I'll do you double

Armaldo
Kyurem
Palossand

Representing every generation AND every type

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think Diddy losing his tail attacks is a very good indicator that Dixie is coming, and she will be an echo.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Personally I think Diddy losing his tail attacks is a very good indicator that Dixie is coming, and she will be an echo.
This is a misconception. His jab tail attack is his extended jab which now everyone can do by holding a. His jab in the trailer is his short jab.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
This is a misconception. His jab tail attack is his extended jab which now everyone can do by holding a. His jab in the trailer is his short jab.
Oh wow if that’s the case then never mind, everyone is going around saying his tail is gone as if it’s fact.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
HOW in the hell is DIXIE of all the characters in the world of video games, is going to be a ****ing clone?

For ****'s sake, she can use her ****ing hair for unique attacks that Diddy doesn't have.

/end rant

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm bored again, so I decided to look at the SmashBoard official tier lists and compiled which characters have been represented in the tiers throughout Smash history. I'll be dividing the lists by how many games each character appeared in (the OG 12 was in 4 for example) and averaging the placements (it will be a decimal number frm 0-1). The lower the number, the highest they've been represented.

:ultmiifighters:aren't ranked in Smash 4 due to the universal ban.

There's some special cases where :4charizard:does not have a placement in Brawl and :sheilda:has an entry separate from :ultzelda: and :ultsheik:. As such :ultpokemontrainer: and :4charizard: will be treated as separate characters as well as :sheilda:.

Smash 4 has 6 ties. As such the character who's numbered first in SSBU's numbering sequence will take priority (for example :ultmarth:will take priority over :ultryu:).

Anyways:

Characters in 4 Smash games:

:ultfox:0.223:ultpikachu:0.228:ultfalcon:0.449:ultmario:0.535:ultyoshi:0.552:ultdk:0.589:ultluigi:0.641:ultsamus:0.642:ultkirby:0.651:ultjigglypuff:0.660:ultness:0.728:ultlink:0.773

Characters in 3 Smash games:

:ultmarth:0.149:ultsheik:0.295:ultpeach:0.365:ultfalco:0.372:ultgnw:0.620:ultbowser:0.755:ultganondorf:0.840:ultzelda:0.928

Characters in 2 Smash games:

:ultdiddy:0.080:ultmetaknight:0.159:ulticeclimbers:0.161:ultzss:0.173:ultolimar:0.230:ultlucario:0.299:ultsonic:0.362:ulttoonlink:0.380:ultmewtwo:0.495:ultwario:0.504:ultpit:0.515:ultrob:0.564:ultkingdedede:0.631:ultdoc:0.657:ultlucas:0.658:ultike:0.666:ultroy:0.766

Characters in 1 Smash game:

:ultbayonetta:0.018:ultcloud:0.036:ultrosalina:0.091:ultsnake:0.158:ultryu:0.218:ultcorrin:0.236:ultlucina:0.255:ultwolf:0.368:ultvillager:0.455:ultgreninja:0.473:ultmegaman:0.491:ultduckhunt:0.545:ultdarkpit:0.600:ultyounglink:0.615:sheilda:0.632:ultshulk:0.636:ultrobin0.691:ultpokemontrainer:0.763:4charizard:0.782:ultlittlemac:0.800:ultpalutena:0.818:ultpacman:0.836:ultbowserjr:0.873:ultpichu:0.923:ultwiifittrainer:0.927

If you put 'em all together it would look like (from overall best to worst):
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultmarth::ultsnake::ultmetaknight::ulticeclimbers::ultzss::ultryu::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultolimar::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultsheik::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultpeach::ultwolf::ultfalco::ulttoonlink::ultfalcon::ultvillager::ultgreninja::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultpit::ultmario::ultduckhunt::ultyoshi::ultrob::ultdk::ultdarkpit::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultkingdedede::sheilda::ultshulk::ultluigi::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultdoc::ultlucas::ultjigglypuff::ultike::ultrobin:ultness::ultbowser::ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultlink::4charizard::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultganondorf::ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:

Last edited:

DatoSm

Smash Rookie
I was reading through some buffs in Ultimate and saw that you could just easily break out of ANY combo by just switching your pokemon even mid air while being invinsible.
Thats what I consider to be broken.

What do you think? I will definitely main him btw.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Gardevoir, Zoroark, and Lycanroc/or Zeraora.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm bored again, so I decided to look at the SmashBoard official tier lists and compiled which characters have been represented in the tiers throughout Smash history. I'll be dividing the lists by how many games each character appeared in (the OG 12 was in 4 for example) and averaging the placements (it will be a decimal number frm 0-1). The lower the number, the highest they've been represented.

:ultmiifighters:aren't ranked in Smash 4 due to the universal ban.

There's some special cases where :4charizard:does not have a placement in Brawl and :sheilda:has an entry separate from :ultzelda: and :ultsheik:. As such :ultpokemontrainer: and :4charizard: will be treated as separate characters as well as :sheilda:.

Smash 4 has 6 ties. As such the character who's numbered first in SSBU's numbering sequence will take priority (for example :ultmarth:will take priority over :ultryu:).

Anyways:

Characters in 4 Smash games:

:ultfox:0.223:ultpikachu:0.228:ultfalcon:0.449:ultmario:0.535:ultyoshi:0.552:ultdk:0.589:ultluigi:0.641:ultsamus:0.642:ultkirby:0.651:ultjigglypuff:0.660:ultness:0.728:ultlink:0.773

Characters in 3 Smash games:

:ultmarth:0.149:ultsheik:0.295:ultpeach:0.365:ultfalco:0.372:ultgnw:0.620:ultbowser:0.755:ultganondorf:0.840:ultzelda:0.928

Characters in 2 Smash games:

:ultdiddy:0.080:ultmetaknight:0.159:ulticeclimbers:0.161:ultzss:0.173:ultolimar:0.230:ultlucario:0.299:ultsonic:0.362:ulttoonlink:0.380:ultmewtwo:0.495:ultwario:0.504:ultpit:0.515:ultrob:0.564:ultkingdedede:0.631:ultdoc:0.657:ultlucas:0.658:ultike:0.666:ultroy:0.766

Characters in 1 Smash game:

:ultbayonetta:0.018:ultcloud:0.036:ultrosalina:0.091:ultsnake:0.158:ultryu:0.218:ultcorrin:0.236:ultlucina:0.255:ultwolf:0.368:ultvillager:0.455:ultgreninja:0.473:ultmegaman:0.491:ultduckhunt:0.545:ultdarkpit:0.600:ultyounglink:0.615:sheilda:0.632:ultshulk:0.636:ultrobin0.691:ultpokemontrainer:0.763:4charizard:0.782:ultlittlemac:0.800:ultpalutena:0.818:ultpacman:0.836:ultbowserjr:0.873:ultpichu:0.923:ultwiifittrainer:0.927

If you put 'em all together it would look like (from overall best to worst):
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultmarth::ultsnake::ultmetaknight::ulticeclimbers::ultzss::ultryu::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultolimar::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultsheik::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultpeach::ultwolf::ultfalco::ulttoonlink::ultfalcon::ultvillager::ultgreninja::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultpit::ultmario::ultduckhunt::ultyoshi::ultrob::ultdk::ultdarkpit::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultkingdedede::sheilda::ultshulk::ultluigi::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultdoc::ultlucas::ultjigglypuff::ultike::ultrobin:ultness::ultbowser::ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultlink::4charizard::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultganondorf::ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:
This is a super cool post, kudos for all the work you put into it.

Poor poor Zelda lol, not ever anything but absolutely awful, hopefully she'll finally be good.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I was reading through some buffs in Ultimate and saw that you could just easily break out of ANY combo by just switching your pokemon even mid air while being invinsible.
Thats what I consider to be broken.

What do you think? I will definitely main him btw.
I think it is a very exaggerated statement. Switching Pokemon has some commitment to it due to changing your strategy on mere seconds, you could even make things worse for yourself (like switch from Ivysaur to Sandbag). Even if you can switch later it would be more practical to DI and continue with your gameplan than changing to escape a combo with the possibility of getting comboed again and get nothing accomplished. It is a nice option but nothing I would consider broken.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is a super cool post, kudos for all the work you put into it.

Poor poor Zelda lol, not ever anything but absolutely awful, hopefully she'll finally be good.
She's my favourite fighter for four games straight. There is a reason I couldn't care about tier lists less.:p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is probably going to sound petty and maybe even a bit hypocritical, but after hogging the spotlight for SO LOOONG, it's kinda satisfying to see Charizard forced to share the spotlight with Squirtle and Ivysaur again as a part of Pokemon Trainer. Especially with one of my favourites that Charizard has a bit of history with :ultgreninja: gets to run solo still.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know you think you're being clever but Melee was rushed and had a quantity over quality focus, had Ganondorf not had Falcon's body type then he would have been a Brawl newcomer. This time development is significantly smoother and the choice would have to be made beyond just "we can do this real quick, we only have 5 minutes left to finish this"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
i dont see the appeal of a character that is "normal human with gun" that means jill, croft, ect. that character has almost enevr been fun in any fighting game i've played. si no thanks to that.
if we get a tales character can't see it being anyone other than lloyd or yuri.
i love how we are already having hindsight bais on a game that not even out yet. this thread never ceases to entertain. im just sitting here waiting for info so me and my roomate can pick out secondaries. not sold on anyone yet.
As unlikely as it is, I think a Metal Slug character would be pretty fun to have. Who wouldn't want to punish crawlers with an IRON LIZARD!, mow down crowds with the FLAME SHOT!, and snipe people with the RAWKET LAWNCHAIR?

To be honest, Goku would actually leave me incredibly salty with Sakurai. I’m not kidding.

Smash has always, since its conception, been about video gaming history. That’s what has made the 3rd parties and Nintendo newcomers alike so cool... they come from the hobby we all know and love and act as they should. It’s like they’re little toys and accessories that come with extra pieces.

Goku, on the other hand, is simply NOT a video game character. That breaks the entire thematic resonance this series has and has had for decades now.

If the focus of this game is to say, “this is the greatest video game crossover in history”, adding an anime character would go directly against that, quite frankly. That’s my opinion, but I know i’m not alone in it.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s really not life changing or THAT negative, but I would be monumentally disappointed if Goku were added to Smash Bros. As cool as some people may think he is, he just doesn’t belong in the game.
Yeah man, it's like asking for Shrek to represent CGI cartoons.

Are we going balls to the walls with this Smash Bros?
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Master Chief
  • Goku
These three characters would be completely crazy, mind-blowing reveals for me.
  • Sora
  • Simon Belmont
  • Shantae and/or Reimu
  • Yu Narukami/Joker
  • Rayman
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Doom Guy
These characters would be amazing third party picks.

All of these characters in one Smash Bros. game would make me faint.
For me, the more amazing reveals would be the following.
  • Shovel Knight (specifically because Japan didn't support him much)
  • Shantae
  • Simon Belmont
  • Rayman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon (especially since Japan wouldn't expect him, since not even Reignited has been considered for release there)
  • Arle Nadja (taking the association between Sonic and Puyo Puyo to its logical conclusion)
  • Kazuma Kiryu (which most wouldn't expect since he's associated with Playstation and the Wii U release of Yakuza 1 & 2 bombed)
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • A second Rare character (wouldn't be seen coming at all, especially somebody that hasn't been with Nintendo for ages (a Battletoad) or isn't prominent (Conker)
  • A third-person shooter mascot (specifically, Doom Marine or the King himself, Duke Nukem)

Probably because those characters are already IN smash and you can imagine what they're like IN Smash while most other games aren't made to fit in Smash, and the Smash team have to retrofit them to be more in-line.
In the case of the more "realistic" characters, I think they'd simply give them the Snake treatment.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
We know from Sakurai's comments about the Mii costume was that he was considered for the base game of Smash 4. He wasn't included because Sakurai had trouble picturing how his moveset would work, but that can change between games (such as with Pac-Man, Villager, and Ridley).

As well, it would be tough for a Namco-Bandai character to take priority over Pac-Man, and there's precedent for third party companies getting more than one character with Ryu and Bayonetta.

Also, it helps in that he's rather unique in terms of being a villain who's the face of his franchise, being one of four characters with perfect attendance in Tekken. The only other example that comes to mind for a villain being arguably the face of a video game franchise would be Dracula from Castlevania.
Dude the Smash title for Dracula should be...

“Dracula vahnts to drink your blood!! Blah-a-Blah!”

DatoSm

Smash Rookie
I think it is a very exaggerated statement. Switching Pokemon has some commitment to it due to changing your strategy on mere seconds, you could even make things worse for yourself (like switch from Ivysaur to Sandbag). Even if you can switch later it would be more practical to DI and continue with your gameplan than changing to escape a combo with the possibility of getting comboed again and get nothing accomplished. It is a nice option but nothing I would consider broken.
So its pretty much a second airdodge?

So its pretty much a second airdodge?
Thats why one should master all 3 Pokemon and not just one of them.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've said this before about Dixie, I'll say it again.

Her model is different from Diddy. Her hair and ponytail is a big part of her character from a design standpoint. Why implement that if you're not going to give her at least a few moves with it? It's the reason that Pikachu and Mewtwo have tail attacks, Peach has butt attacks, etc. It's a big part of their model.

I can't see them overlooking a huge part of her model and not utilizing it for a single move. It's just not realistic.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Gardevoir, Bisharp, Decidueye

Gotta say, Master Chief and Doomguy don't excite me that much. They do have a lot of conceptual overlap (buff futuristic space marine with green armor using guns), so I don't know if I see both of them being added. I still think that the characters should have some connection to Nintendo, so sorry MC, but I'm interested to see where we go.

Also, while we should totally reference an FPS as a Western genre, there are also other genres I'd like to see. Smash's only RPG characters are straight out of an anime, and I'd like some representatives from the standard open-world Western RPG.

And Jeremy Soule's music.

And talking about importance to Nintendo...people knew that the Switch would be big thanks to Zelda. They didn't know it was a legit console until they saw the next game announced. And Mario was not the second thing shown off for the switch...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Okay.

Let's do third parties this time.

Just so everyone remembers, here are the five questions.

1. How excited are you for this potential character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
2. How excited are you for this potential character's potential moveset?
3. How excited are you for a potential stage from this series?
4. How excited are you for potential items and assist trophies from this series?
5. How excited are you for potential music from this series?

I'll even give you lots of franchises to do.

Today's franchises will be...

Castlevania
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Tekken
Tale of
Soul Calibur
Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Eh, kinda late to this but I still felt like doing it.

Simon Belmont

1. I would love for Belmont to be in Smash since he along with Mega Man represents the 3rd parties in the NES era. But for real the Captain N squad is almost complete.
2. I just want to beat my opponents with cross-ups (get it?)... unless religious references are removed of course. A whip based moveset would be neat. Maybe even pull in items like beta ZSS in Brawl.
3. Drac's castle would be dope with enemies as potential stage hazards or maybe even the SOTN incarnations with a rotating stage?
4. Alucard or Dracula seem like good assist trophies perhaps even another Belmont? Maybe Death could raise the opponents % or something!
5. Castlevania SOTN: Dracula's castle ost... nuff said.

Leon S. Kennedy
1. I think Leon would be the right RE character for Smash. Chris and Jill have been in the MvC series and Leon never had his time to shine in a crossover fighting game. Also RE4 was Gamecube exclusive.
2. Summoning zombies for attacks would be interesting. Maybe have an El Gigante as a final smash, something like Jill's lvl 3 in mvc2 with the tyrant attacking the opponent.
3. An umbrella laboratory maybe? Or if you really want to highlight the RE4 content Salazar's castle.
4. A B.O.W. seems like the best choice for an AT preferably Nemesis due to being the best known B.O.W.. I can see there being an herb as an item.
5. Ride on Sea from Revalations 1 would be pretty dope.

Heihachi Mishima
1. Another fighting game character? Yes please! Not to mention that Heihachi is among my top 5 favorite Tekken characters. He's by far my favorite of his bloodline.
2. I can see Sakurai implementing his moveset. Maybe tilting the stick in a diagonal direction will give Heihachi acces to more moves or pressing the special and normal button at the same time?
3. A Tekken stage with breakable walls and even multiple floors will do. Though I do think a stage related to Heihachi would be best like the Mishima dojo.
4. So many Tekken characters are fitting for assist trophy status. King could grapple the opponent or Alisa could shoot her arms. Kuma copy pasted from PSABR would also do the trick.
5. Plucking Tulips is godly music.

Lara Croft
1. Having Samus Aran and Lara Croft in the same game? That just screams the ultimate crossover! The biggest female gaming icons would unite in ultimate! Maybe even add Chun-Li to the mix then?
2. I don't see Sakurai implementing guns (also with Leon) so she would probably use other 'survival' attacks like burning foes with a torch or shooting arrows like Link. Maybe even bear traps on the stage?
3. Just let it be a random tomb. Because y'know... TOMB Raider.
4. Let it be the ****ing T-Rex!
5. I am not that familiar with Tomb Raider sadly.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Her model is different from Diddy. Her hair and ponytail is a big part of her character from a design standpoint. Why implement that if you're not going to give her at least a few moves with it? It's the reason that Pikachu and Mewtwo have tail attacks, Peach has butt attacks, etc. It's a big part of their model.

I can't see them overlooking a huge part of her model and not utilizing it for a single move. It's just not realistic.
I agree but I hope this doesn't prevent her from getting in. Like, she's not a super unique character with abilities that noone has but she also can't easily be a clone. Kinda like Chrom.

Unpopular opinion and I expect nobody to agree with me but I'd take echo Dixie over no Dixie.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was a very big period of time where I saw Anna as a realistic choice for the next Fire Emblem character, and while I do see her as at least a contender I don’t think she’s next in line, I feel currently if we were to get another FE character it would be Celica. But in all honesty, because the massive amounts of backlash Corrin recieved when he was revealed I don’t think we’ll get another FE character for a while, which is unfortunate, but it’s just how things are. (Although maybe Chrom as an Echo since he’d be so easy to make)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Not sure if you saying Peach's butt is a big part of her model was supposed to be funny or sincere, but...

I don't think Dixie makes sense as a clone. She has plenty of unique attributes to separate herself from Diddy, and I don't think it would look normal for Dixie to use some of his attacks, such as the Rocketbarrel Jetpack. HOWEVER, if Sakurai was extremely desperate to flesh out the roster with more Echoes, I could see him pulling a Ganondorf. I'd be angry because Dixie deserves way better, but it's a possibility I'm not ignoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom