• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
What's your opinion on the middle-ground of the two with his Mirror of Fate design?
View attachment 153133
It's alright. Little busy for my tastes. But even going as far as just taking the Conan look and giving him red hair is enough for me. I just don't care for how generic Simon's original design is, even if the 90s goth leather rockstar look is kind of ridiculous, at least it's visually unique.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I had a random idea. Saw people talk about how Break the Targets would be too much work for around 70 characters.

But what if they make the Break The Targets levels, from the actual Stages? Like, for Link, you literally take the new BOTW stage, and put 8-something Targets in specific places.

How would that go? I'd love that, tbh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

This leak? Eh...I'm not sure. Nintendo usually doesn't announce merch during directs.
But, he was right that Funko is making Nintendo themed merchandise. Anyway, he said King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will appear. So I wanna believe this, even though there's some stuff in here that I think is clearly bull ****.

If they were gonna reveal Dixie Kong, it would make sense that it's in the same trailer as King K. Rool, since clone newcomers don't get their own trailers.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Not gonna lie, I was considering asking you how you have that because it'd be cool for a CSS I'm working on. I guess I got :ultgreninja:'d.
It was never intended to stand up to much scrutiny and this is as high-res as I have, but if people want to use it for stuff, I don't mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But, he was right that Funko is making Nintendo themed merchandise. Anyway, he said King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will appear. So I wanna believe this, even though there's some stuff in here that I think is clearly bull ****.

If they were gonna reveal Dixie Kong, it would make sense that it's in the same trailer as King K. Rool, since clone newcomers don't get their own trailers.
Game Freak themed merch. Not Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, I just photoshopped Trevor. I'm firmly in the red hair>conan camp, lol.
If you couldn't tell by my Avatar, same here. Would make him stand out with his fur armor rather than his regular old plated armor that the Conan one bares. Plus, I always prefer a completely original design over a derivative one and the Chronicles Simon design is DAMN good.

Honestly, good work on the photoshop job. I just wish someone would actually get around to Smashifying Simon since the Smashified website bit the dust and we're apparently not seeing anything else from them.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If we do get lloyd, I will be very surprised. I have underestimated third party IPs before like Resident Evil, and put Leon as my prediction. But considering the Tales Of's reception status before Berseria, I would have never imagined Lloyd as possible to confidently put him in my final predictions. I may have made a mistake in underestimating Lloyd's chances getting in Smash.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Have you guys seen this?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...he_shadow_leaker_character_ever_end_up_being/

Apparently, this was posted on June, with the second render possibly being Lloyd Irving.
I hope this is somehow is real even though it's likely not.

So the characters look like Inkling, Lloyd, Snake, and Inkling.

BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , someone made a Case for Lloyd on Reddit if you'r interested. https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8vaf7k/the_case_for_lloyd/

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm taking it upon myself to go through Bandana Dee's thread to count his Supporters; all 40 pages of it (it'll take less time than you might think).

What place will Bandana Dee take? 2nd? 3rd? 4th? Place your bets!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That leak, it has two Inklings on it, and their silhuettes looks the same, I think? But I believe most/all Inkling alts have different models because of the different gear they have. Are there two different alts that has the same silhuette?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's definitely an interesting leak. If it's fake, I give kudos to the person who went to the effort of altering code.

Here's a new game. Pick 8 newcomers(Unique or Echo), but they must start with each letter in ULTIMATE. I'l start:

Urbosa
Lloyd Irving
Twintelle
Isabelle
Mach Rider
Ashley
Tatanga
Ephraim
Urban Champion (for joke character reasons)
Lara Croft
Tiny Kong
Isaac
Mona
Adeleine
Toad
Earthworm Jim

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That leak, it has two Inklings on it, and their silhuettes looks the same, I think? But I believe most/all Inkling alts have different models because of the different gear they have. Are there two different alts that has the same silhuette?
Depends on what the silhouette for the schoolgirl Inkling looks like. The other two Inkling girl models would unquestionably have different silhouettes due to the extra stuff on their heads.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Given that today is the 35th Anniversary of the Famicom/NES, It made me think:

Do you guys think Sakurai will keep to his tradition of adding two new 8 bit era reps to this game, like he's done with every Smash sequel? In Melee, we got Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. In Brawl, we got Pit and ROB. In Wii U/3DS, we got Little Mac and Duck Hunt. I think so. But I think this time, the first of the reps will be a third party, and I think that's going to be Simon from Castlevania. As for the Nintendo rep, there's some good options, there's Bubbles, Mach Rider, Mike Jones, or even, as crazy as it sounds, Stanley the Bugman.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If you couldn't tell by my Avatar, same here. Would make him stand out with his fur armor rather than his regular old plated armor that the Conan one bares. Plus, I always prefer a completely original design over a derivative one and the Chronicles Simon design is DAMN good.

Honestly, good work on the photoshop job. I just wish someone would actually get around to Smashifying Simon since the Smashified website bit the dust and we're apparently not seeing anything else from them.
People who follow me on Twitter will have seen my updated take on Sami and know I've got ambitions for Ultimate, once modding starts in earnest. Goth Rocker Simon will get a new modern model, even if I have to do it myself.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Depends on what the silhouette for the schoolgirl Inkling looks like. The other two Inkling girl models would unquestionably have different silhouettes due to the extra stuff on their heads.
Mhm. That is true. Not sure about that silhuette, if it'd be exactly the same from that angle or not, but I guess it doesn't matter if the leak is actually from after E3. Then I will assume it is fake, haha.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Do you guys think Sakurai will keep to his tradition of adding two new 8 bit era reps to this game, like he's done with every Smash sequel? In Melee, we got Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. In Brawl, we got Pit and ROB. In Wii U/3DS, we got Little Mac and Duck Hunt. I think so. But I think this time, the first of the reps will be a third party, and I think that's going to be Simon from Castlevania. As for the Nintendo rep, there's some good options, there's Bubbles, Mach Rider, Mike Jones, or even, as crazy as it sounds, Stanley the Bugman.
This is a pretty unpopular opinion. But i wish Mr Game and Watch had the same Moves, but that he was actually Stanley the Bug Man. So we just don't have some generic looking figure. Still Give him the G&W Looks, though.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Pretty sure this was posted after E3, but even if it's real, I don't think that's Lloyd Irving. The shape of his ears and hair isn't really matching up here.

View attachment 153140

View attachment 153138
Well to be fair the top of the hair is blocked by that blotch and likely the end of the screen as well. Some have suggested it was Ike but it can't be the case as he has a cape in his render and it would block out that triangular gap.

Of course I doubt this is real.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Dead Man's Volley wasn't thrown onto characters like a Blue Stalfos, I'd be more interested in giving it to Ganondorf in Smash. It just never felt like a "Ganon move" so much as an "interesting boss move that gets repeated". I feel it's better left out now that it isn't even a signature move to Ganon-related characters. Agnahim, Phantom Ganon, Ganondorf, even Twinrova at least relate to Ganon in some way. Whether family or otherwise. But even ones like the Cubus Sisters use it. It's just not clearly some key move to the Ganon characters and it feels more like it'd be shoehorned in just for the sake of having a projectile. I'd love for Ganondorf to see more improvements, but there's better ways to do it at this point. Give him better approaching options, please.
I too feel that Ganondorf was made to be a close-ranged fighter. Giving him a projectile attack would destroy that purpose, and as you said yourself, the Dead Man's Volley is not even unique to him.

The developers, however, just haven't been able to get Ganondorf to be viable enough to at least reach the C-tier level in competitive matches.

Anyway, the inclusion of a sword does give Ganondorf some disjointed hitboxes, but one of the things that he really needs is armor for his u-tilt; that would compensate for its long start-up lag.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, this seems like a safe bet to do.

I also champion a chance for Stanley to make his grand return someday.

D

Deleted member

Mhm. That is true. Not sure about that silhuette, if it'd be exactly the same from that angle or not, but I guess it doesn't matter if the leak is actually from after E3. Then I will assume it is fake, haha.
Just found a video, her head would be the same as the default from that angle. However, I did notice that the actual Inkling render darkens the background where the ink tank would be, and in the supposed leak, it doesn't. I didn't believe it at all before, but yeah, it's totally fake.

inkling.png

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The orange and purple are almost identical, I think their shadows are the same. (Not believing this but just saying that's not a point against it. It is a lil suspicious that it's the two matching inkling shadows).

Edit: Nevermind the tank shadow bit disproves it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom