• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Then, there’s a possibility it could be fake.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lloyd DID make it though, the Inklings were promoted from Mii Costumes, and Lloyd was a Mii Costume in For, so...
The Inklings were MUCH more expected and predictable though. Lloyd would be a huge surprise to me.

While a Mii costume is certainly some notable promotion, I don't think it automatically makes a character more likely to be playable in Smash.

Just found a video, her head would be the same as the default from that angle. However, I did notice that the actual Inkling render darkens the background where the ink tank would be, and in the supposed leak, it doesn't. I didn't believe it at all before, but yeah, it's totally fake.

View attachment 153142
If this is fake, then it's pretty sad that we disconfirmed the leak without knowing who the second character was even supposed to be.

D

Deleted member

Here's a new game. Pick 8 newcomers(Unique or Echo), but they must start with each letter in ULTIMATE. I'l start:

Urbosa
Lloyd Irving
Twintelle
Isabelle
Mach Rider
Ashley
Tatanga
Ephraim
U is for uranium bombs!
L is for look, No surviors!
T is for time to summon a fire that burns down the whole town!
I is for I do not care.
M is for Mario's nipples.
A is for AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
T is for Teletubbies.
E is for End.
Have you guys seen this?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...he_shadow_leaker_character_ever_end_up_being/

Apparently, this was posted on June, with the second render possibly being Lloyd Irving.
Swamp Sensei is really going to like this leak. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have seen this before. Outside of reasons 4 and 6, I do not see the other reasonings really benefitting Lloyd. Although, it is interesting to hear that Tales of is considered an RPG great alongside Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest in Japan. Tales of Symphonia has been the only major success in the West before the project plan came, so it kinda puts the franchise over the edge of possibilities like Dragon Quest, Youkai Watch, and Monster Hunter. Although, I am not sure if one successful title would be enough for Sakurai to perceive the franchise as a globally popular IP, since the other Tales titles have niche popularity.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Have you guys seen this?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...he_shadow_leaker_character_ever_end_up_being/

Apparently, this was posted on June, with the second render possibly being Lloyd Irving.
It looks very interesting to say the least. However, I don’t think it might be Lloyd.

It seems that the person in the second shadow is holding their sword over their shoulder, and the sword looks a lot thicker at the base than Lloyd’s thinner dual swords. But at there some versions where his swords are slightly smaller and more thicker.

The hair gives it off as Lloyd though, is there any other characters with a similar hairstyle.

Hopefully Lloyd gets in though.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
That's the most PR of PR talk tho

Literally, every day that passes is "closer to December"
I hate to try to say that isn't realistic because closer to December usually means during fall or end of fall. Heck we could get a huge info dump right before the game even comes out. They've done it with the Splatoon 2 expansion.

What I'm trying to say is don't get yalls hope up for a July Direct with Smash Bros Character news on it

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, so which leaks exactly have been killed by the news about DLC not being planned yet? I know the “Begin the Story” one is dead for sure (that was the one I complained about Elma’s portrayal not being accurate to X, I remember it listed Spring Man and Rex/Pyra as DLC)

Is the Codenames leak still standing or?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
By the time I finish hitting the post reply button it'll be closer to December.

That's how vague Bill's quote is.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Alright, so which leaks exactly have been killed by the news about DLC not being planned yet? I know the “Begin the Story” one is dead for sure (that was the one I complained about Elma’s portrayal not being accurate to X, I remember it listed Spring Man and Rex/Pyra as DLC)

Is the Codenames leak still standing or?
Nope!

The codename leak included DLC lists so it immediately got debunked.

I was surprised that it got so popular in the first place... I really have no ideal why it caught people's attention that much lol

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It looks very interesting to say the least. However, I don’t think it might be Lloyd.

It seems that the person in the second shadow is holding their sword over their shoulder, and the sword looks a lot thicker at the base than Lloyd’s thinner dual swords. But at there some versions where his swords are slightly smaller and more thicker.

The hair gives it off as Lloyd though, is there any other characters with a similar hairstyle.

Hopefully Lloyd gets in though.
hes done this pose before
Lloydirving.png

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just because he said we're getting more news before between now and december doesn't mean we're getting a new fighter next tuesday.
We'll have to wait a while.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
A thought I had about "finding out closer to December"...since we know the majority of the roster is unlockable what if Sakurai leaves more newcomers than usual behind a lock to be revealed when we unlock them (or get spoiled obviously). I'm not saying we won't get a single reveal until then but it's different than past games where most newcomers were starters.

I hope that's not the case :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think we'll hear anything DLC until March next year at least.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
A thought I had about "finding out closer to December"...since we know the majority of the roster is unlockable what if Sakurai leaves more newcomers than usual behind a lock to be revealed when we unlock them (or get spoiled obviously). I'm not saying we won't get a single reveal until then but it's different than past games where most newcomers were starters.

Yeah, Smash Bros fighters are starting honestly affect peoples opinions on the game at this point. However, hiding them instead of getting them out would be a better PR move

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I hate to try to say that isn't realistic because closer to December usually means during fall or end of fall. Heck we could get a huge info dump right before the game even comes out. They've done it with the Splatoon 2 expansion.

What I'm trying to say is don't get yalls hope up for a July Direct with Smash Bros Character news on it
Okay. I gotcha.

So how many people here expect a Direct on August 1st? :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the time I finish hitting the post reply button it'll be closer to December.

That's how vague Bill's quote is.
I mean, this is the same guy who hopes that some random hockey player shows up in the game.

I figure that we could be supplied with hammers to break open a few character slots just in case, just like with the challenges.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Okay. I gotcha.

So how many people here expect a Direct on August 1st? :p
It would be honestly hilarious for them to make a Smash Direct that is undoubtedly at August 1st just to make everybody who expected a July Direct super mad

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, Smash Bros fighters are starting honestly affect peoples opinions on the game at this point. However, hiding them instead of getting them out would be a better PR move
Honestly. I'm just happy that we are getting Fighters. That's enough for me.
Every DLC Fighter was one i wasn't in need of, Yet I'm still happy they're in.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm i the only one who thinks the most exciting part of a character getting announced beside getting announced is the huge increase of fan art that Character will get. Especially those with a low amount.

C'mon Sakurai I need more Elma fanart in my life
Or the official artwork posters they did for each newcomer in Smash 4. I could imagine Amaterasu with (Issun on her nose) posing in center with Lucario, Fox and Wolf, with Smash characters looking up afraid terrified. I would have a 'Top Dogs of Smash' sort of theme.

Shantae teaching the rest Smash characters how to belly dance with one half of the panel showing those who are good at it (Wii Fit Trainer, Zamus, Sheik, Kirby, Shulk, Link, Rosalina, Lucina, Robin, etc.), and the other panel showing others being really bad at it (Ganondorf, Villager, Mario, Bowser, Peach, Inkling, Fox, Pokémon Trainer, and Ridley) bonus point if they wearing similar theme clothing as Shantae.

Sora and Pit either facing off with each other, or them being back-to-back battle partners against Ganondorf, Bowser, Wolf, Meta Knight, and Game and Watch, with Palutena and Rosalina looking down at them in an ethereal, deity-esque sort of way with Riku and Kairi being in the far background as well as Dark pit, and Phosphora and Viridi also looking at them.

Every Smash character reacting differently as Gardevoir/Kat (Gravity Rush) turns gravity off/levitates everyone into air while enjoying sweets and desserts along with the show (Elma's just chilling in her mech watching the others freak out ).

Fjorm with half of the Fire Emblem characters, and other Smash characters, facing off against the other Fire Emblem characters, and Smash characters in a bomb fireball blaster electric needle missile PK Snowball fight, with both side having build a giant fort/castle to hold everyone in with some poor sap in the middle of the crossfire.

So out of the blue, Sakurai lands in front of you, gives you a list of 5 newcomers and ask you to design up to 5 official art poster ala Smash 4 of the newcomers, in return he'll pay you for the artwork, give you Ultimate autographed by himself before anyone else and a free seasons pass of the game. Whether you just awakened your latent artistic abilities, or low key asks someone to draw it for you, who's on the list of newcomers you got, and what would their Smash posters look like? What's your vision?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Honestly. I'm just happy that we are getting Fighters. That's enough for me.
Every DLC Fighter was one i wasn't in need of, Yet I'm still happy they're in.
I wish we could all be like that... then again, I realistically have some characters that would make me mad if they were in and I also don't have to bring up Fire Emblem at this point since everybody knows that story

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai is just gonna add Lloyd, Isabelle, Geno, K. Rool, Monster Hunter, Ashley, and Tails.

Then grin a **** eating grin and go ''It was all in front of you the last go round you idiots."

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wish we could all be like that... then again, I realistically have some characters that would make me mad if they were in and I also don't have to bring up Fire Emblem at this point since everybody knows that story
Thanks for the compliment. Then again. Even more FE Reps are the only characters i don't want.
Honestly. I think Ike, Roy, and Marth are pretty solid on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom