• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ll give AT prediction a shot:

- Fiora (Riki was both a Final Smash cameo and AT in For, so Fiora could well be an AT here too)
- Lin Lee Koo from Xenoblade X
- Isaac, if he’s not playable
- Isabelle (not attackable)
- MGR Raiden (works like Brawl’s Gray Fox)
- Chun-li
- Funky Kong
- Magolor
- Celica from FE (heals everybody)
- Square-Enix AT: top picks are Tifa, Sephiroth, Neku (TWEWY), or 2B from NieR Automata
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Lloyd Irving
- Rayman
- Doc Louis (unused AT data exists for him in For)
- Mr. Resetti returning from Brawl. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, these leaks are interesting but they are just all.... fake.

The only impressive one was the one where Ridley, Simon and no cuts as well as Ice Climbers.

That leak alone made people very hopeful for Simon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Aw hell yeah it's the year F-Zero was even a thing

The only impressive one was the one where Ridley, Simon and no cuts as well as Ice Climbers.
The most impressive one was where they actually made a fake image. Better than bait text.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
-Poochy (if no one's gonna give the Yoshi series attention, I will)
If Poochy does make it as an Assist, he damn well better not be a KO-able one.

There is no timeline in which bringing physical harm to Poochy is okay.

...Even if that dog swims in lava and poison bogs like it's a relaxing hot tub.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ended up looking at this pic while browsing Smash Wiki.

...Is that a shading problem on Pikachu's chin?
Almost looks like the "terminator artifact" that PBR systems have, although I don't know if Smash Ultimate uses this.

----

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I've got some assist trophy ideas
-Birdo
-Poppi
-Sky Skipper
-Dig Dug
-Metal Sonic
-Ulala
-Vic Viper

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Almost looks like the "terminator artifact" that PBR systems have, although I don't know if Smash Ultimate uses this.

----
Obviously Pikachu is just trying to grow himself a sick chin strip.

It's his young adult years, he's trying to discover himself.

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi

----
That looks like a shading problem! You can see an issue on his left arm as well, the shadow from his head is soft until it reaches a certain point.
There's some shading and lighting issues in the following picture as well:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Almost looks like the "terminator artifact" that PBR systems have, although I don't know if Smash Ultimate uses this.----
Maybe he forgot to shave

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I like how an easy way to tell if a leak is fake is if they have no idea what an Echo Fighter is.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

----
I'm guessing that some of the lighting/texturing/etc. are still going to be polished. All of the furry characters and the hair on humanoids looks pretty flat in the demo, and on very light or very dark stages, some characters have a weirdly washed-out look. I'm not too concerned about this here. Still half hoping they take down the opacity on those cloud trails, though.

And it's now 5 months to release. We are champing at the bit for more news here that aren't fake leaks from 4chan...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Poochy does make it as an Assist, he damn well better not be a KO-able one.

There is no timeline in which bringing physical harm to Poochy is okay.

...Even if that dog swims in lava and poison bogs like it's a relaxing hot tub.
What if Poochy tried to kill your family though?

In all seriousness, Pochi should not be a KOable AT. Too nice and loyal to be killable. You can not kill Nintendogs so no killing Poochy.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What if Poochy tried to kill your family though?

In all seriousness, Pochi should not be a KOable AT. Too nice and loyal to be killable. You can not kill Nintendogs so no killing Poochy.
He's virtually invincible in the games anyways...

Not sure about Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World for 3DS, didn't play it. I'm a failure of a Yoshi fan

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Pak E Derm would make a fun assist trophy. Just unleash him and he won’t let a player run/jump past him.

I still remember the frustration trying to get by him as a kid.

I hated him so

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Since the thread is moving a little slow, I thought I'd bring up an old topic - returning Assist Trophies.

As of right now, we have approximately 29 known ATs. The following 18 ATs that were present in Smash 4 haven't been seen in Ultimate yet:
  • Devil
  • Infantry and Tanks
  • Kat and Ana (Wario)
  • Lakitu and Spinies (Mario)
  • Saki Amamiya
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
  • Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Ashley (Wario)
  • Chain Chomp (Mario)
  • Dark Samus (Metroid)
  • Dillon
  • Elec Man (Mega Man)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossin)
  • Magnus (Kid Icarus)
  • Nightmare (Kirby)
  • Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
  • Sable Prince
  • Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
Assuming all of these ATs return, we'd currently have 47 unique ATs in Ultimate, which is extremely close to the number we're suggested to get. However, for the sake of conversation, let's assume five of these ATs get cut. Who would you choose?

For me, I'd say: Infantry and Tanks, Chain Chomp, Phosphora, Sable Prince, and (even though I really prefer him as an AT) Tingle.

(Edit: If possible, avoid cutting characters who you want to be upgraded to playable characters. Just try cutting the characters who you'd be fine with being gone altogether.)
Promote Isabelle, Phosphora, Ashley, Shadow, and Saki Amamiya as unique characters, and Kat and Ana as Ice Climbers echo. Cut Devil.
>Lycanroc Dusk is the pokemon newcomer
>Ashley is a newcomer
Hmmm, well alright, two characters on my Wishlist? Well this is intere-
>Dixie Kong, Isabelle and Shadow are echoes
Oh. O-ok, wished they were unique instead of echoes, but in the end w-we got them, so that's not ba-
>Shantae is not playable
>There is no fire emblem newcomer
This leak is dead to me.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
YOUR REACTION
If Nintendo made shorts like the ones they did with Yoshi's Wooly World Featuring Poochy for SSBU?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More "leaks":
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423408494
Poke Floats 2
Chibi-Robo in Living Room (background character)
No E3 Assist Trophy Fakeout, Playable Simon Belmont
Sakurai is still using the Ballot
No Playable King K. Rool (couldn't make a full moveset apparently)
Playable Dixie Kong (Between an Echo and a Semi-Clone)
Playable Ray-man
Rabbids assist trophy
No Minecraft
Captain Toad Stage
Playable Diskun
Honestly, this one sounds believable, like ChaosZero or half of the Ninka/Vaanrose. Not bad.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423409815
I have gained some insider information about Smash Ultimate. This Includes characters and stages. I will not list them but instead give codenames.

Fighters:
KK
Push
Android
Angel
Luigi
Spear
Wolf
Bubblegum
Banana

Stages:
Space
Ship
Tower
Cardboard
Park
Shuttle
Factory
Robot
Float
The Worst One
SNES
Springs
Castle
Planet
Fox
ANOTHER. ****ING. PUZZLE LEAK.
Honestly I'm tired of these. They're annoying at this point. Take a crack at it if you want, but I'm not going to try at it.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423407970/#423407970
I have a source close to nintendo, they work on localization for games. they deal with localizing games for simultaneous release and he has it on good authority that these will be the next smash reps revealed

Ashley will be revealed on August 1st in a nintendo mini direct to coincide with the release of Warioware: Gold. this is apparently to please the Japanese audience.

Although simon was considered early in development, Sakurai decided to go with fan favorite Alucard instead. He will be revealed in October in a Nintendo Direct (date unknown) along with Konami announcing a new Castlevania game for the Switch that will feature Alucard along with other fan favorites from the series. Apparently Konami is trying to steal Bloodstained's thunder by releasing a real Castlevania game with very similar gameplay and multiplayer.

you don't have to believe me, i couldn't care less but if this is taken down you'll know why
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423404194
https://i.imgur.com/xnmkSH0.png
Hello, I have another leak.

This time, I put all of the new characters in a word search. There is no word bank, but I assure that a good number of them are the usual suspects. There are some surprises, though!

There are a total of ten new characters whose names are in the word search. If you want to know who is in Smash Ultimate (according to my extremely good sources), than you have to find their names in the puzzle.

Have fun!

No, Rex and Boo aren't fighters on this one.
A Word Search?
They've done it all at this point. What's next? Literal puzzles? Word searches? Cryptography?

WHEN WILL WE GET IMAGE OR VIDEO LEAKS?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
More "leaks":
Poke Floats 2
Playable Ray-man
Rabbids assist trophy
No Minecraft
Captain Toad Stage
Playable Diskun
Honestly, this one sounds believable, like ChaosZero or half of the Ninka/Vaanrose. Not bad.
It's quite something crazy that we'll be now rating "leaks" these days.

Playable Diskun though? Hmm.

(No K.Rool though? Also Dixie being a Melee-esque clone? Eh...)

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
More "leaks":
Poke Floats 2
Playable Ray-man
Rabbids assist trophy
No Minecraft
Captain Toad Stage
Playable Diskun
I have gained some insider information about Smash Ultimate. This Includes characters and stages. I will not list them but instead give codenames.

Fighters:
KK
Push
Android
Angel
Luigi
Spear
Wolf
Bubblegum
Banana

Stages:
Space
Ship
Tower
Cardboard
Park
Shuttle
Factory
Robot
Float
The Worst One
SNES
Springs
Castle
Planet
Fox
Honestly I'm tired of these. They're annoying at this point. PLEASE. STOP.

This time, I put all of the new characters in a word search. There is no word bank, but I assure that a good number of them are the usual suspects. There are some surprises, though!

There are a total of ten new characters whose names are in the word search. If you want to know who is in Smash Ultimate (according to my extremely good sources), than you have to find their names in the puzzle.

Have fun!

A Word Search?
They've done it all at this point. What's next? Literal puzzles? Word searches? Cryptography?

I can’t see them not putting K Rool - or any fighter - in because they couldn’t figure out a moveset. I mean, Sakurai made one for Wii Fit Trainer and ROB.

Otherwise, the first leak seems close to what we could get

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
More "leaks":
Poke Floats 2
Playable Ray-man
Rabbids assist trophy
No Minecraft
Captain Toad Stage
Playable Diskun

Fighters:
KK
Push
Android
Angel
Luigi
Spear
Wolf
Bubblegum
Banana

Stages:
Space
Ship
Tower
Cardboard
Park
Shuttle
Factory
Robot
Float
The Worst One
SNES
Springs
Castle
Planet
Fox
Honestly I'm tired of these. They're annoying at this point. Take a crack at it if you want, but I'm not going to try at it.
I have a source close to nintendo, they work on localization for games. they deal with localizing games for simultaneous release and he has it on good authority that these will be the next smash reps revealed

Ashley will be revealed on August 1st in a nintendo mini direct to coincide with the release of Warioware: Gold. this is apparently to please the Japanese audience.

Although simon was considered early in development, Sakurai decided to go with fan favorite Alucard instead. He will be revealed in October in a Nintendo Direct (date unknown) along with Konami announcing a new Castlevania game for the Switch that will feature Alucard along with other fan favorites from the series. Apparently Konami is trying to steal Bloodstained's thunder by releasing a real Castlevania game with very similar gameplay and multiplayer.

you don't have to believe me, i couldn't care less but if this is taken down you'll know why

Have fun!

A Word Search?

It's not even a good word search. The fact that it has to say "Rex and Boo" aren't in even though you can find those in the puzzle!!! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I can't recall a leak (that actually came true) being posted on /v/ that was a puzzle.
They're ALWAYS presented as is, this goes for everything, not just smash.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don't buy it.

... ... ... ... ...
So a clone then. (At least it's better than "Dixie is totally an Echo, gaiz!")
Seriously, all the leaks that say Dixie is an echo clearly don’t know DK. Even Sakurai noted that her hair was vital to her character. No way she’s one

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It seems western Japan is really getting hit hard with heavy rain with landslides and flooding We live north of Tokyo so we aren’t getting hit but my in-laws are on the southern edge of the rains. Just looked at the news with 52 dead, 44 missing. It looks horrible :(. There was also a 5.2 earthquake last night east of Tokyo. Scary stuff.
Hope you and your in-laws make it through safely, you have my prayers.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can't recall a leak (that actually came true) being posted on /v/ that was a puzzle.
They're ALWAYS presented as is, this goes for everything, not just smash.
There was actually a Pokémon leaker who presented their information in the form of puzzles, so while it would be a first for Smash Bros, it isn't unheard of.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If we were to get a second SF rep I'd want Chun-Li too. Toned af legs need more representation:

But Ken would be guaranteed. Easy Echo.
Because of these model changes it makes me suspicious

Last edited:

UGXwolf

Smash Rookie
The fact that exists to begin with, and the fact that they decided to remove costumes, but not that one, and the fact that they kept it in place of Wario and Fire, and the fact that they made Luigi's version of it even less accurate than it already was,

BLOWS MY ****ING MIND! Whoever was in charge of this is deliberately ****ing with us.
So no one's gonna talk about the fact that we can nearly guarantee that characters can have more than 8 alts in this game, as Meta Ridley appears as an alt in the Ridley trailer but wasn't available in the gameplay demo. Really the only other reasons that'd explain this is Meta Ridley being an Echo of Ridley or Meta Ridley not being ready, yet, thus meaning they'd have to replace one of Ridley's current alts.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So no one's gonna talk about the fact that we can nearly guarantee that characters can have more than 8 alts in this game, as Meta Ridley appears as an alt in the Ridley trailer but wasn't available in the gameplay demo. Really the only other reasons that'd explain this is Meta Ridley being an Echo of Ridley or Meta Ridley not being ready, yet, thus meaning they'd have to replace one of Ridley's current alts.
The colors could have been place holders, seeing as one of them is a color of Meta Ridley. If not, this may be exclusive to Ridley as it was to Little Mac, or it could be exclusive to costume characters, like Olimar and Alph.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seriously, all the leaks that say Dixie is an echo clearly don’t know DK. Even Sakurai noted that her hair was vital to her character. No way she’s one
The problem is? It could still happen anyway. If no tail moves are there, Dixie can work just fine as an echo.

The issue with the hair is more its existence, not her required to use it(which while would be nice, isn't 100% necessary). The thing is, her model will always have the hair, which means it needs to be animated for her movements, despite not being used in any moves under the idea she's an echo. That means a lot of work for an echo, which means she'd more likely be a regular clone or semi-clone instead.

Pakky

Smash Hero
More "leaks":
Poke Floats 2
Playable Ray-man
Rabbids assist trophy
No Minecraft
Captain Toad Stage
Playable Diskun

Fighters:
KK
Push
Android
Angel
Luigi
Spear
Wolf
Bubblegum
Banana

Stages:
Space
Ship
Tower
Cardboard
Park
Shuttle
Factory
Robot
Float
The Worst One
SNES
Springs
Castle
Planet
Fox

Have fun!

A Word Search?

Diskun... Crap that's weird and believable but no King K Rool?

I mean... that's hard to take.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
>protag from persona 5 confirmed as playable fighter, mainly to advertise the unannounced upcoming persona 5 port to switch
>persona 5 port is scheduled for release february 15th 2019
>i do not know anything else about the persona 5 switch port because my source is not apart of the porting team, they were only told the persona 5 protag was a character was in and a release date for that which will be announced at the same time
>amaterasu is confirmed as a fighter as well
Yes to all these things, please.

Fighters:
Wolf
What with Amaterasu getting more popular with leaks?

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So this probably has been talked about before, but I bring it up since many of us believe that the Smash ballot will effect the Ultimate roster.

When voting in the ballot you had to give your gender. Do you think that this voting requirement might impact who Nintendo might chose for Smash? Not only do they have data for which characters are most wanted overall, but which characters are most popular for male and female voters.

Do y'all think that they might implement characters based upon appeal to both boys and girls in attempt to broaden their audience/buyers, rather than numbers in votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom