• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I don't buy it.
Sakurai made Ridley work. I don't remember him saying anything about K.Rool being too big or too difficult to work with.

Fake leakers who insert potentially negative information into their "leaks" are usually doing this to attract attention, because it makes people go "huh, Nintendo has disappointed me before in the past, it makes sense for them to disappoint me like this again", whereas the ESRB leaker, for example, just posted a bunch of pictures and ****. They weren't saying "______ and ______ aren't in because ______", they just laid it all out for all to see.

I'm so tired of all these fakers who don't have anything better to do (who also flood out potentially legitimate leaks), and all the cocky-ass ones who just want that sweet, sweet fifteen seconds of unrewarding internet fame.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Seriously, all the leaks that say Dixie is an echo clearly don’t know DK. Even Sakurai noted that her hair was vital to her character. No way she’s one
Dixie's Hair = Vital to her character. She'd actually work better as a mechanical clone of DK than Diddy, because she can use it in the same wasy as his Up and Down Specials, as well as carry things with it (like DK's grab).
Tails' tails = Vital to his character to the point that it's his frackin' NICKNAME! If he can't use his Tails to fly/attack what is even the point of having him?
Shadow's Chaos Control = Arguably vital, it's been a core ability of his since day one. (Warping as well as the time slow)
Isabelle's personality = like BOTW Zelda, she's a non-combatant, while she could be a Villager echo, one could argue that that is grossly OOC for her (Ganondorf fighting like a slower, more powerful Falcon is not, strictly speaking, out of character for him, neither is Daisy like Peach or Dark Pit like Pit).

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon I choose to believe the word search simply because Isaac's in there. :laugh: Also there's "TFIA", which clearly means they misspelled "Tifa" and she's in too. 10/10 top tier leak.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I dunno, I feel like all of Diddy's tail attacks could be done with dixie's hair. But doing that would require animation changes that might be more extensive than what a normal echo would usually need.

I guess we'll see what happens regarding her though! :)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes to all these things, please.

What with Amaterasu getting more popular with leaks?
Maybe the leakers are reading this and since you pushed so hard, they included Ammy for pity sake.

If so, please fake leakers, put something related to what I want.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I feel pretty good about Dixie’s inclusion at this point. Obviously nothing is a lock but she’d be such an easy semi-clone it’s almost a no-brained to include her

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno, I feel like all of Diddy's tail attacks could be done with dixie's hair. But doing that would require animation changes that might be more extensive than what a normal echo would usually need.

I guess we'll see what happens regarding her though! :)
Dixie's hair is not a tail, it is hair, it is not prehensile. When she picks something up with it, she's actually looping her hair around it manually to tie it to her head.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Two more "leaks", no puzzles this time:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423416192
Hey /v/
I know you probably are gonna call this **** fake but a friend of mine who’s accurately leaked Nintendo **** to me for a couple years now just told me this about smash ultimate:

Ashley, King K Rool, benrp (?), Mike Jones, plusle and minun, ninten, Ken, mthk (?), and Dark Meta Knight are all playable, but 1 or 2 might be DLC expansions

Few stages are cut, only miiverse, Sector Z, fountain of dreams, and pokefloats are not in.

New stages include New Donk City, New Town 4(?), Wood Man’s Stage, Fire (?), C island (?), Tazmily, Kong Isle, Hau’oli City, Saturn Valley, and Virtual Boy

The game has a story mode similar to brawl’s but with less cutscenes, and is more short over all, with only smash characters and no inclusions like tabuu.

There are wayyyyyy more trophies than last time, 893 so far.

Customs do not return, but an altered smash run and smash tour combination does, with local and online multiplayer.

Events now are much shorter but most have original maps to play on.

Home run contest, target blast, break targets, and race to the finish are present in 1P mode.

Classic is similar to 64 and melee’s, master core is seemingly absent.

New mode called ‘Seiges’ is still in development, but is a co-op, almost tower defense like game mode.

Master and Crazy orders are absent.

Over 200 Challenges are available to complete

I don’t expect a lot of believers but trust me, this **** is true
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423415901
>Marowak Alola is a an newcomer.
>Simon Belmont is a an newcomer.
>Mach Rider is a an newcomer.
>Banjo-Kazooie is a an newcomer (also, Conker and Joanna Dark are trophies).
>Dixie Kong is a an Echo fighter (Diddy).
>Chrom is a an Echo fighter (Ike).
Robin's Final Smash will still be Pair-Up but now it will attack along with Cordelia.
>Shadow is a an Echo fighter (Sonic).
His Final Smash will be Super Shadow. What makes it different than Sonic's is that it is slower but more powerful.
>There will be no more newcomers.
>Poni Island is a an stage.
>New Donk City is a an stage.
>Dracula's Castle is a an stage.
>Spring Stadium is a an stage (nevertheless, Spring-Man is a an Assist Trophy).

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Dixie's hair is not a tail, it is hair, it is not prehensile. When she picks something up with it, she's actually looping her hair around it manually to tie it to her head.
I understand that. But this is a fighting game where if the devs want her hair to deal damage and have hair whipping attacks she'll have them. It's not the most realistic thing in the world, but neither is most of the things in smash. I'm not saying she's going to be an Echo, but i'm am saying that the possibility is there.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey /v/
I know you probably are gonna call this **** fake but a friend of mine who’s accurately leaked Nintendo **** to me for a couple years now just told me this about smash ultimate:

Ashley, King K Rool, benrp (?), Mike Jones, plusle and minun, ninten, Ken, mthk (?), and Dark Meta Knight are all playable, but 1 or 2 might be DLC expansions

Few stages are cut, only miiverse, Sector Z, fountain of dreams, and pokefloats are not in.

New stages include New Donk City, New Town 4(?), Wood Man’s Stage, Fire (?), C island (?), Tazmily, Kong Isle, Hau’oli City, Saturn Valley, and Virtual Boy

The game has a story mode similar to brawl’s but with less cutscenes, and is more short over all, with only smash characters and no inclusions like tabuu.

Customs do not return, but an altered smash run and smash tour combination does, with local and online multiplayer.

Home run contest, target blast, break targets, and race to the finish are present in 1P mode.

New mode called ‘Seiges’ is still in development, but is a co-op, almost tower defense like game mode.

Robin's Final Smash will still be Pair-Up but now it will attack along with Cordelia.
His Final Smash will be Super Shadow. What makes it different than Sonic's is that it is slower but more powerful.
MAROWAK ALOLA!!! Now that's different!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I understand that. But this is a fighting game where if the devs want her hair to deal damage and have hair whipping attacks she'll have them. It's not the most realistic thing in the world, but neither is most of the things in smash. I'm not saying she's going to be an Echo, but i'm am saying that the possibility is there.
Well, yes, the possibility is there, but not the likelihood.

Is there any character in Smash that moves a non-prehensile part of their body like how you're suggesting, though? I can only think of Bayonetta, but that's powered by magic.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
My dream trailer:
- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong

- Gangplank Galleon
- Jungle Hijinx from Wii U snowed over

- Rambi assist trophy
- Cranky assist trophy

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Well, yes, the possibility is there, but not the likelihood.

Is there any character in Smash that moves a non-prehensile part of their body like how you're suggesting, though? I can think of Bayonetta, but that's powered by magic.
No there isn't that I can remember. But I don't think that immediately means potential characters won't use hair attacks if the option for them is there. It's not like there isn't precedent in the Donkey Kong games for hair attacks, Tiny kong attacks with her hair in Dk 64! :)

That being said, I agree that it's not likely to happen. I mean, It was stated earlier that Dixie's hair to closely tied to her character. I'm just saying that the possibility is there and there is precedent that including popular characters as clones is a thing that happens for various reasons. So while I doubt that leak is real in the slightest, there is a chance Dixie could be an echo or a semi-clone, and we probably shouldn't discount it so we're not too disappointed if it happens.

EDIT: though you may have dropped the dixie topic after your first sentence so sorry if this is me going on a weird tangent :(

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
the next puzzle leak involves a real life scavenger hunt where you'll have to go all around the world and find tiny pieces of paper embedded in various famous landmarks.

the pieces of paper contain scrambled URLs, which when unscrambled lead to a link to download a game of ultra-hard chess.

when you beat the game of chess, you are given an image, which hides another scrambled word that you have to use an image-editing software to find.

only after unscrambling this word is when you're given a vague hint about one of Ultimate's newcomers.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
the next puzzle leak involves a real life scavenger hunt where you'll have to go all around the world and find tiny pieces of paper embedded in various famous landmarks.

the pieces of paper contain scrambled URLs, which when unscrambled lead to a link to download a game of ultra-hard chess.

when you beat the game of chess, you are given an image, which hides another scrambled word that you have to use an image-editing software to find.

only after unscrambling this word is when you're given a vague hint about one of Ultimate's newcomers.
You look at the scrambled word: dlo anm

KMDP

Smash Legend
No there isn't that I can remember. But I don't think that immediately means potential characters won't use hair attacks if the option for them is there. It's not like there isn't precedent in the Donkey Kong games for hair attacks, Tiny kong attacks with her hair in Dk 64! :)

That being said, I agree that it's not likely to happen. I mean, It was stated earlier that Dixie's hair to closely tied to her character. I'm just saying that the possibility is there and there is precedent that including popular characters as clones is a thing that has happens for various reasons. So while I doubt that leak is real in the slightest, there is a chance Dixie could be an echo or a semi-clone, and we probably shouldn't discount it so we're not too disappointed if it happens.

EDIT: though you may have dropped the dixie topic after your first sentence so sorry if this is me going on a weird tangent :(
Nah, it's fine! Personally, I think Dixie can use Diddy's model as a base for further development, since they're so physically similar. Then give her a variation of DK's Up+B, Down+B, Grab and what not. They could have her Jab Combo end with her whipping her hair (apparently one of Yoshi's attacks uses a whip sound effect now, so it's possible) as a hard-hitting finisher instead of Diddy's tail whip (or whatever they replaced it with).

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Nah, it's fine! Personally, I think Dixie can use Diddy's model as a base for further development, since they're so physically similar. Then give her a variation of DK's Up+B, Down+B, Grab and what not. They could have her Jab Combo end with her whipping her hair (apparently one of Yoshi's attacks uses a whip sound effect now, so it's possible) as a hard-hitting finisher instead of Diddy's tail whip (or whatever they replaced it with).
I assume if she's in that's exactly what they'll do tbh! She is a popular request so using Diddy's model as a base and then unique-ifying it sounds like it shouldn't be (Relatively) too much work.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

C'mon 4Chan, we know your watching us.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423404194
https://i.imgur.com/xnmkSH0.png
Hello, I have another leak.

This time, I put all of the new characters in a word search. There is no word bank, but I assure that a good number of them are the usual suspects. There are some surprises, though!

There are a total of ten new characters whose names are in the word search. If you want to know who is in Smash Ultimate (according to my extremely good sources), than you have to find their names in the puzzle.

Have fun!

No, Rex and Boo aren't fighters on this one.
A Word Search?
word search.png

Spent a bit of time trying to solve it, and this is what I got. (King K. Rool, Ashley, Mach Rider, Paper Mario, Erdrick (Dragon Quest Protag), Isaac, Rayman, Impa)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I assume if she's in that's exactly what they'll do tbh! She is a popular request so using Diddy's model as a base and then unique-ifying it sounds like it shouldn't be (Relatively) too much work.
It's not like, now they have the Echo designator, all new clones must be Echoes. :grin:

The same goes for Shadow, take Sonic as a base, change up some things (change his run, taunts and idles, replace the spring for a warp, his side spin attack for throwing energy spears, change some of the sillier attacks to be more serious), there, done.

Dark Samus doesn't have to be an Echo by this parameter either. I'm not too familiar with Metroid though, so I don't know what, specifically, they can do with her.

Ken can blur the line of an Echo, really all he needs is his Down Special changed to something more fitting.

All these characters take longer than an Echo, but less time than a Full Character.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Honestly give me Hector or the Black knight as an ike echo. That's all I want. Gardevoir as a mewtwo or zelda echo as well.

i have put way too much thought into what a mewtwo!Gardevoir echo would look like it would make me kinda sad if it didn't happen.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 152025

Spent a bit of time trying to solve it, and this is what I got. (King K. Rool, Ashley, Mach Rider, Paper Mario, Erdrick (Dragon Quest Protag), Isaac, Rayman, Impa)
Those are all the ones that I've managed to get as well. There are supposedly two more characters. I've tried the following:
Simon
Belmont
Elma
Chibi Robo
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Geno
Waddle Dee

Anyone want to try to find the last two?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
OK 4chan, i wanna a leak written in binary, i know how stupid that sounds, but i really wanna see it happen so do it.

Wambo

Smash Ace
OK 4chan, i wanna a leak written in binary, i know how stupid that sounds, but i really wanna see it happen so do it.
We really need to stop throwing the word "leak" around on this site. None of these are leaks. A real "leak" is real information that came out when it wasn't supposed to. None of these are real.

Let's come up with a good term for potentially real, potentially fake information. A "Schrodinger's leak"-type word.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Maybe the leakers are reading this and since you pushed so hard, they included Ammy for pity sake.

If so, please fake leakers, put something related to what I want.
Haha you're right your so right they're trying to bait me, and it nearly worked. I guess the only reason I'm pushing so hard is because no one is pushing for her (or maybe I'm pushing so hard that by comparison it seems like no one is). Regardless, this a good time (and reason) to just dial it back on the character I want and let things take it's course.

Who knows, maybe if we both push hard for Lyn, they'll put her in the leaks too then we'll both get what we want. XD

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey /v/

Cordelia...:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
We really need to stop throwing the word "leak" around on this site. None of these are leaks. A real "leak" is real information that came out when it wasn't supposed to. None of these are real.

Let's come up with a good term for potentially real, potentially fake information. A "Schrodinger's leak"-type word.
I know, how about Feak? A combination of the words Fake & Leak?

KMDP

Smash Legend

A "Quantum Leak".

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I call them "leaks" because that's how they're presented: as actual leaks. I also believe that any "leak" could potentially be true and should be given the benefit of the doubt. I originally presented them straight as leaks, but at the request of some users began using air-quotes to designate that they're likely fake and should be taken with a grain of salt.

No, I will not change how I present them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai would never choose worst waifu... would he?
She ain’t the worst though (Tharja and Sumia are better, but sleeping on Cordelia is a sin)

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I call them leaks because that's how they're presented: as leaks.

I originally presented them straight as leaks, but at the request of some users began using air-quotes to designate that they're likely fake and should be taken with a grain of salt.

No, I will not change how I present them.
I don't mind the air-quotes thing. I'm just saying, there are a lot of people who misuse the word or don't put air-quotes at all. It's better that we come up with a new word as iconic/intelligible as "leak" for potentially false information, because every time some mediocre YouTuber uses that word wrong, people put a little bit of faith in it.

Leak implies "leaked information", not "k guys, take this with a grain of salt". You could take literal crap and present it as anything, that doesn't mean it's what you say it is.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So this probably has been talked about before, but I bring it up since many of us believe that the Smash ballot will effect the Ultimate roster.

When voting in the ballot you had to give your gender. Do you think that this voting requirement might impact who Nintendo might chose for Smash? Not only do they have data for which characters are most wanted overall, but which characters are most popular for male and female voters.

Do y'all think that they might implement characters based upon appeal to both boys and girls in attempt to broaden their audience/buyers, rather than numbers in votes?
No that option was only there as a joke because girls don’t play video games.

Ooh how about a heap

As in a heap of garbage! Zing!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Quantum Leak".
Theorizing that one could accurately predict SSBU before the game came out, Dr. DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon stepped into /v/ boards of 4chan... and vanished!

He awoke to find himself trapped on the site, facing countless pieces of misinformation, and driven by an unknown force to catalogue them all.

And so Dr. tehponycorn finds himself leaping from board to board, striving to find a real leak and hoping each time that the next leak, will be the leak home.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
i won't lie
i get at least one laugh every day out of these

Also, yeah, it'll be interesting to see which of these leaks get the closest.
Imaging one random leak that is forgotten in the amist of leaks was actually completely right.

Fun Fact: A day before the E3 reveal of Ultimate someone actually leaked that all the veterans will be returning and that Ridley and Daisy were added.

But it wasn’t popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom