• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I always wonder if there will ever be Echos that aren't from the same franchise as the person they're a copy of.

It would be an interesting thing to see...

Like Dudley for Little Mac or Ryu from Ninja Gaiden on Shiek
Or Shrek with Shiek. Models both fit perfectly and all you need to do is change one letter.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Any good "leaks"?

Sorry for lack of discussion from me had a Fourth of July 65th anniversary event for my grandparents with the whole family.
A lot of leaks are going around using the same info, the most common characters are Belmont and Choir Kids. I think since the originator of that "confirmed" leak was right about the return of stuff, people are butting Belmont on their lists to seem true

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So, just got a Question for all of you, What's your Favorite Skin for your main/mains?

Mine is the Yellow Kirby for Kirby, Because It's a callback to Kirby's Dream Course, and who doesn't like playing as a bassically golden kirby?
:ultpikachu: - Gold's hat. Sometimes Brendan's headband. (Brawl was one of the reasons why I thought he had white hair for the LONGEST)
:ultzss: - Black Suit or Zero Mission ending outfit.
:ultlucina: - Tharja Color.
:ultrobin - His default.
:ultpokemontrainer: - In Brawl it was the default, might use the Gold color more though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New game: what songs do you want in the reveal trailer AND gameplay trailer (the ones starting with their name and series logo) of characters you want?

Bandana Dee - Reveal: Moonstruck Blossom. Gameplay: Butter Building (Brawl remix)

Simon - Reveal: Bloody Tears (Dawn of Sorrow version). Gameplay: any other Castlevania song I’m not picky really

Elma - Reveal: Uncontrollable (original or instrumental). Gameplay: either Wir fliegen (Overdrive theme) or THEMEX from 3:55 until 4:14.

Rex & Pyra (possible DLC) - Reveal: Counterattack. Gameplay: the Driver’s battle theme

Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) - Reveal: Dreams of Our Generation. Gameplay: Remix 10 (RH Fever).
Simon - Either one could be Bloody Tears, but the other HAS to be his theme from Castlevania 4.

Incineroar/Any Gen 7 Pokemon - Reveal: Battle theme from Sun and Moon. Gameplay: Team Skull theme just cause I like it.

Isaac - His Battle theme from Golden Sun, Original and remix.

Spring-Man - Reveal: Main theme for ARMS. Gameplay: Remix of his stage.

Dixie Kong - Reveal: Bramble theme from DKC2. Gameplay: Boss 1 from Tropical Freeze.

Heihachi - Reveal: his Tekken 3 Arcade theme. Gameplay: his Tekken 2 Arcade theme.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A
New game: what songs do you want in the reveal trailer AND gameplay trailer (the ones starting with their name and series logo) of characters you want?

Bandana Dee - Reveal: Moonstruck Blossom. Gameplay: Butter Building (Brawl remix)

Simon - Reveal: Bloody Tears (Dawn of Sorrow version). Gameplay: any other Castlevania song I’m not picky really

Elma - Reveal: Uncontrollable (original or instrumental). Gameplay: either Wir fliegen (Overdrive theme) or THEMEX from 3:55 until 4:14.

Rex & Pyra (possible DLC) - Reveal: Counterattack. Gameplay: the Driver’s battle theme

Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) - Reveal: Dreams of Our Generation. Gameplay: Remix 10 (RH Fever).
Ashley-Do I even have to say which song? (Ashley's song for both if you couldn't guess)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A lot of leaks are going around using the same info, the most common characters are Belmont and Choir Kids. I think since the originator of that "confirmed" leak was right about the return of stuff, people are butting Belmont on their lists to seem true
???

The most common characters are always going to be K. Rool and Simon Belmont.
Any good "leaks"?

Sorry for lack of discussion from me had a Fourth of July 65th anniversary event for my grandparents with the whole family.
Nope. A K. Rool reveal is supposedly in three days, there may be a reveal at Comic-Con, and there may be a direct later this month (22nd - 28th).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Reveal Trailer: Skyrim main theme, from this point.
Gameplay: Watch the Skies

Reveal Trailer: Urbosa's Theme
Gameplay: Attack on Vah Naboris

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
alright, let's get started debunking those stages DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon !

Leak #1 - no stages, moving on
Leak #2 - no stages, moving on
Leak #3 - They mention Summit but they're clearly going for not repeating stages that we know? Also, Saturn Valley when that already shows up in Magicant? Points for effort. Guess we'll see later if we get an image anyways.
Leak #4 - two stages... okay. D for effort i guess
Leak #5 - ALL Stages? Like, even Miiverse? What's hilarious is not having rumble falls return but icicle mountain appeaser. This leads me to many questions.

won't bother on the new stages, mostly looked at past. That said, pretty much the only one that shows any promise is "Leak" 3 from there, and that's only b/c of the promised images.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, just got a Question for all of you, What's your Favorite Skin for your main/mains?

Mine is the Yellow Kirby for Kirby, Because It's a callback to Kirby's Dream Course, and who doesn't like playing as a bassically golden kirby?
:ultganondorf: - Default or purple, all except Old Manondorf and green in Smash 4, Same as S4's in Brawl but without Gold, and Default and red in Melee.
:ultfalco: - Default, red and black in Smash 4, all except orange and green in Brawl, and all except blue in Melee.
:ultroy: - Default, red, dark pink and dark purple in Smash 4, and default and red in Melee.
:ultsnake: - Default, black and light grey. All except red and leopard print in Brawl.
:ultpichu: - Default and goggles.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice

:ultmegaman: - Metal Man and Wood Man colors
:ultlucas: - Claus, red shirt, Duster, and the baby drago shirt if I'm playing doubles (my friend uses green :4charizard:)
:ultike: - Brown armor (which is gone in the Ultimate demo, and 4 got rid of my favorite color from Brawl. What the heck?). I like the green, yellow and red colors, too.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

:ultyoshi: - Green and Red Yoshis
:ultshulk: - Mecha-Fiora design and of course shirtless :awesome:
:ultmegaman: - Normal and Leaf Man

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
another thought: I think frankly we're starving for new info. I just want something new at this point or something at least more organized. Like, give me the item and stages selection on the Smash website.
It's a shame the English site doesn't have the 'today's memory' stuff from the Japanese site, I find those interesting too, but google translate can use some Japanese to English tutoring I guess :p

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's a shame the English site doesn't have the 'today's memory' stuff from the Japanese site, I find those interesting too, but google translate can use some Japanese to English tutoring I guess :p
I prefer the mess that is google translate. I get a kick out of reading it whilst also vaguely understanding what it says...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Assist Trophy Predictions
  • Geno
  • Cranky Kong
  • Yuga
  • Urbosa
  • Giygas
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Marx
  • Prof. Oak (3 Pokeballs)
  • Celica or Camilla
  • Psycho Mantis
  • Nia
  • Chun-Li
  • Tifa Lockhart, Sephiroth, Black Mage, or Moogle
  • Muddy Mole
  • Rayman or Rabbids
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • Commander Video
  • Arle Nadja and Carbuncle
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Rathalos
  • Steve

Zeox

Smash Champion

Porky Minch - Porky's theme (Your Highness), which is already in the game, since New Pork City is already confirmed.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Or you could just go to Source Gaming’s Twitter and get accurate translations. ;)

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
  • Geno
  • Cranky Kong
  • Yuga
  • Urbosa
  • Giygas
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Marx
  • Celica or Camilla
  • Psycho Mantis
  • Nia
  • Chun-Li
  • Muddy Mole
  • Rayman or Rabbids
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • Commander Video
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Rathalos
  • Steve
I never knew how much i wanted Psycho Mantis to be an Assist Trophy until now. It could be fun for him to know what games you've played, like in MGS1.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I never knew how much i wanted Psycho Mantis to be an Assist Trophy until now. It could be fun for him to know what games you've played, like in MGS1.
If they really record dialog if him talking about popular eshop games, THAT.WOULD.BE.AAAWWESOMMMMME.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
  • Geno
  • Cranky Kong
  • Yuga
  • Urbosa
  • Giygas
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Marx
  • Celica or Camilla
  • Psycho Mantis
  • Nia
  • Chun-Li
  • Muddy Mole
  • Rayman or Rabbids
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • Commander Video
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Rathalos
  • Steve
I would add Poochy to that list

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I can't wait for Mantis to call me out for having 999 moons in Mario Odyssey.
IT'S NOT MY FAULT IF THE GAME IS SO GOOD.
same.

on the subject of metal gear content, i doubt anyone is stupid enough to do this, but, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon be highly skeptical of anything that looks like too much metal gear content, especially after Konami basically giving Kojima the boot.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm, pretty open minded but I've been thinking if we got Incenroar over Mimikyu I wouldn't be upset because its a conclusion I can see the logic in.

Also, would Dillion be a good Sonic echo or at least an asset remix? I really dig the character though I having trouble going back to the 3DS. the new game looks better than the other two which I bought but didn't really enjoy.
Dillon wouldn't really work, and not in a 'this character has a lot more unique to him' type way, but in a 'the character can't feasibly do what the original does without multiple changes' type way. Sonic relies on his legs a lot for his moves and Dillon's are much shorter than his for that to be feasible. Plus some moves like the Spring and the spikes aren't accessible to Dillon so that's another couple moves that would require changes to make work. Dillon would need to be a semi-clone at worst for the character to be able to work, and at that point he goes against the entire point of why Echoes are done in the first place.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Wait, you can use old amiibo characters in Smash.

But my amiibo mario was Fire Mario.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

We don't really know what's going on with alternate costumes this time around. At least one was not in the demo, so it could mean there's more than 8 per some characters(keep in mind Smash 4 is the first time since Smash 64 to have a set number of costumes by default, and even Little Mac was an exception). It could be 8 and 16. The only thing that's obvious is there'll be at least 8.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
again, flat zone 1 is pretty different - it stays static on the same game while flat zone 2/X move around

so even if they don't split it up (which they probably won't lol), it makes sense for people to want Flat Zone separate from Flat Zone 2, myself included.
Solution: Bring back just Flat Zone X, but make hazardless start on Flat Zone 1 and not transform.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Dillon wouldn't really work, and not in a 'this character has a lot more unique to him' type way, but in a 'the character can't feasibly do what the original does without multiple changes' type way. Sonic relies on his legs a lot for his moves and Dillon's are much shorter than his for that to be feasible. Plus some moves like the Spring and the spikes aren't accessible to Dillon so that's another couple moves that would require changes to make work. Dillon would need to be a semi-clone at worst for the character to be able to work, and at that point he goes against the entire point of why Echoes are done in the first place.
i am very okay with dillon and masked man (just examples but basically anyone else too) borrowing move/sets or at least assets from other characters

some of the clones and semi-clones have legit been my favorite characters in the series. meanwhile, the characters i detested the most in smash 4 was the amount of newcomers with unpolished mechanics (at least the QoL improvements on Shulk, Villager, Cloud, Robin, etc are awesome)

Zeox

Smash Champion
People, the name of Super Smash bros 6 has been already figured out... after Ultimate, the next smash game will be called:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
People, the name of Super Smash bros 6 has been already figured out... after Ultimate, the next smash game will be called:
So Ridley will be returning then.
Sorry, I saw the opportunity and I took it.

blackghost

Smash Champion
he has been an assist trophy. he's one in brawl. if they bring snale back and mosses island mantis should be back as well

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

While we aren't sure about alt colors/costumes yet, someone else here explained it this we in case colors/costumes do get dropped.

Each color/costume is probably given a code so regular Mario is probably Mario0 and Fire Mario might be Mario7. Now let's say in Ultimate the Fire Mario outfit is out but instead construction Mario is now labeled as Mario7. That means your amiibo would read as construction Mario in that case. That make sense? It might as well be a randomizer if they remove any costumes honestly.

The whole "code label" doesn't work if a character has less colors than last time though, so I don't know about that lol. But I also think we haven't seen every characters colors/costumes yet, just because we didn't see Meta Ridley in the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom