• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think I'm the only one on the planet who didn't like Uprising's writing so I hope it isn't that ***** Palutena again.
Well, I'm supre biased against Kid Icarus, so I don't ever need to touch that. But the humor is those was obnoxiously grating. I'm glad that they had to be triggered, since I never did. I was okay with Snake's codecs, but not Pit's.

Someone mentioned a pretty nifty idea: What if like how Snake had his Codecs and Pit had Palutena's Guidance-
I think my favorite so far was someone suggesting the Champions got to give their opinions. True, I'd like Urbosa as a fighter, but having all four of them give commentary (particularly if Revali kept being a snide *** the whole time) would actually be a nice way to represent them.

That or have Cranky Kong give his unwonted opinions, which would be hysterical beyond reason.
With each new leak claiming to have a list of characters based off the ballot results I realise just how against the 'Smash fan' grain my own wants apparently are for characters.

I'm well aware they're all utterly made up but it's bizarrely alienating when 95% of the leaks are the exact same character lists repeated ad nauseum and if you're lucky one newcomer or echo may appeal.

Anyone else feel this way or am I riding solo in this?
It does make each of them sound exactly the same. I actually like seeing ones with different characters, but they're all fake anyway so it's not a huge deal. Each one seems to be piggybacking on each other one, so I'm not really excited about any of them.

Though if Sm4sh speculation is anything to go by, the real one will be the most boring and disappointing one.

We do need more for Dovahkiin though. Hey, dragonslyers are kinda folklore-y, aren't they?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Every leak is fake because they don't realize the next smash character is already revealed in the "all fighters are here" image:

And people doubt it there would be a new Mother rep., but there it is, and nobody even thought it would be him... can't wait to main Mr. Saturn.

I still really like the theory that Mr. Saturn will get "replaced" with Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee if he gets revealed as a playable Newcomer. I mentioned it at the end of this Waddle Dee video I just made, mostly its about the controversial "memoryman3 yoshi's woolly world Amiibo data leak" thing but I also just talked about Waddle Dee and his general chances of being revealed as a playable fighter if anyone wants to check it out:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still really like the theory that Mr. Saturn will get "replaced" with Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee if he gets revealed as a playable Newcomer. I mentioned it at the end of this Waddle Dee video I just made, mostly its about the controversial "memoryman3 yoshi's woolly world Amiibo data leak" thing but I also just talked about Waddle Dee and his general chances of being revealed as a playable fighter if anyone wants to check it out:

Mr. Saturn was in the boxart if I recall correctly but still would be cool.

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie

I really hope he becomes playable. He's one of my two most wanted characters. But seeing Toad being more involved in Peach's/Daisy's moveset it has me doubting his chances.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Mr. Saturn was in the boxart if I recall correctly but still would be cool.
So he is... in the large version anyway...
0fa9804d3650fa7b50550a6adcfaf7d6.jpg

Perhaps they'll change it and add Waddle Dee instead, they HAVE already changed it once by cutting out Yoshi:
smash-bros-ultimate-boxart.jpg smash-bros-ultimate-boxart-de.jpg

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Wow. very good video. You deserve more subs man. Haven't finished it yet, but still, very good speculation. The smash community needs more of these types of speculations.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not sure about you but one safe bet where a character is on the poster

I find it really hard to believe it's Pokémon trainer wario is spooked or scared from (possibly dedede as well

And charizard is definitely not after wario plus hard to believe wario would be scared of a ivysaur or squirtle besides he's not even looking at them

Characters get added to the picture confirmed from Ridley and daisy being added too it

So if I'm right who could be there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I find it really hard to believe it's Pokémon trainer wario is spooked or scared from (possibly dedede as well

And charizard is definitely not after wario plus hard to believe wario would be scared of a ivysaur or squirtle besides he's not even looking at them

Characters get added to the picture confirmed from Ridley and daisy being added too it

Seems like a big stretch, but there could be someone that can fit between Ness and Peach, behind Mario.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I really hope he becomes playable. He's one of my two most wanted characters. But seeing Toad being more involved in Peach's/Daisy's moveset it has me doubting his chances.
Dedede's Final Smash is a faithful recreation of the Revenge of the King mode... except Bandanna Waddle Dee was absent.

Not saying he's confirmed or anything but I wouldn't get your hopes down.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I agree, Wario is definitely not looking at Ivysaur/Squirtle, at best he's looking at Villager, but that doesn't make sense either.
If you follow King Dedede's eyes, he seems to be looking at... Jigglypuff, but... why would he be so shocked by Jigglypuff, when Charizard is flying at him?

Pokémon Trainer is clearly issuing an attack command to Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard... but to whom? Definitely not Wario or Dedede.

The idea that the characters are reacting to things that don't make sense or aren't yet there lends credence to the idea that at least the groundwork for all roster characters is complete, they know who's in and are confident enough to make the banner, simply moving characters around in a 'best fit' way. Heck, all the characters might be done at this point.

For all we know, Pokémon Trainer, Wario and King Dedede will not be anywhere near that spot when the banner is fully revealed. I feel like Pokémon Trainer will be shunted to the far left or something, and be pointing at a character who he's fighting.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

It could be anything, it could be a very scary or dangerous character... but also it could be a normal simple character that is just about to attack.
A scared Wario and Dedede doesn't really say much, I can think on hundreds of characters that could scare both of them.

MainJPW

M.T.A
its about the controversial "memoryman3 yoshi's woolly world Amiibo data leak"
It’s controversial? Is it because of Bandana Dee or because it’s memoryman3? This data leak was legit.

I thought he was looking at Pokemon Trainer and that it might be a reference to subspace.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It could be anything, it could be a very scary or dangerous character... but also it could be a normal simple character that is just about to attack.
A scared Wario and Dedede doesn't really say much, I can think on hundreds of characters that could scare both of them.
Yeah, it's less "who is scaring Wario/Dedede?" it's "something is scaring Wario/Dedede, but we can't see them yet".

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So what are your top 3 tracks you want in Smash? And yes, from different franchises...

1. "Final Boss" from Yoshi's Island

2. "Mechonis Field" from Xenoblade Chronicles

3. "Last Day" from the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Only 3!? Well here they are:

I know this leak is fake:
A Nintendo Direct will take place on August 10 with a K. Rool reveal
And I have nothing against King K. Rool's reveal as a newcomer, but if he's getting revealed, hopefully he (or any character) is released far, far, far away from anywhere close to August 9.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just got a crazy idea, What if there were downloadable voice packs for certain characters?
:ultdk:: Takashi Nagasako
:ultbowser:: Kenny James
:ultdiddy:: Katsumi Suzuki
:ultrosalina:: Laura Faye Smith

I would've mentioned Jim Walker for Fox, and Dex Manley for Falco, but that probably won't happen, due to the changes with their Final Smashes; no more "Landmaster!" and "Personally, I prefer the air.".

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Maybe a reference to this....

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
A counter arguement to this is that Sakurai has looked forward for Pokemon reps in the past.

So for Smash 4 Black and White 2 was still realeasing world wide right around the time of the project plan, but instead Sakurai looked ahead for the next Pokemon gen knowing it would be out by the time Smash 4 came out. The gen 3 remakes are the gen 5 games in this scenario, with Sakurai knowing gen 7 would be out by Smash Ultimate's release.

The Pokemon Company is a well oiled machine that meets yearly releases without fail. They defintely would be able to tell Sakurai Gen 7 would be out by Smash Ultimate's release and be more relevant moving forward than a gen 3 remake. As for gen 8? Well I think because they were creating a new gen for a home console for the first time they might not have been so sure on gen 8's release and thus Sakurai wouldn't rely on that.

Basically I'll be shocked if we don't get a new Pokemon and if it's not specifically gen 7. I'll be really bummed if I'm wrong because I actually love gen 7.
Not always. Brawl got three Generation 1 Pokemon newcomers in the form of Pokemon Trainer. And instead of a unique Generation 2 Pokemon, Mewtwo made it into Melee.

I think a Gen 7 Pokemon is the most likely scenario as well, but it's not a guarantee. Every Smash game has had a unique situation with the Pokemon series, this time around could be just as different

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wow. very good video. You deserve more subs man. Haven't finished it yet, but still, very good speculation. The smash community needs more of these types of speculations.
Thank you! I wish there were more speculation videos out there, the pre-smash speculating about what we might get has always been one of my favorite parts about smash bros. So I'm just having fun putting these videos together, helps me gather my thoughts on characters too. its super cool to hear positive feedback though, so thanks again!

It’s controversial? Is it because of Bandana Dee or because it’s memoryman3? This data leak was legit.
Because of memoryman3 and just foggy information about that "leak" so I wanted to just be clear that people take it with a grain of salt cause its a pretty solid piece of evidence in Waddle Dees favor and I dont want to get peoples hopes up to high on the off chance this is wrong, and again the source and the oddness of the whole leak IS a factor here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Dedede's Final Smash is a faithful recreation of the Revenge of the King mode... except Bandanna Waddle Dee was absent.

Not saying he's confirmed or anything but I wouldn't get your hopes down.
Actually, the Cage fight in revenge of the King is a refrence to the Cage Fight in Kirby's Dream Land.
Sorry had to let my nerd out for a sec there.

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice
Not always. Brawl got three Generation 1 Pokemon newcomers in the form of Pokemon Trainer. And instead of a unique Generation 2 Pokemon, Mewtwo made it into Melee.

I think a Gen 7 Pokemon is the most likely scenario as well, but it's not a guarantee. Every Smash game has had a unique situation with the Pokemon series, this time around could be just as different
We are most definatley getting a gen 7 Pokemon, and we are probably not getting a gen 8 Pokemon as DLC.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thank you! I wish there were more speculation videos out there, the pre-smash speculating about what we might get has always been one of my favorite parts about smash bros. So I'm just having fun putting these videos together, helps me gather my thoughts on characters too. its super cool to hear positive feedback though, so thanks again!
I agree. xD i could watch these things all day. I'm working on my own Youtube channel as well, and i somehow gained about 50 Subs with a trashy mic. xD Trying to get a mic where you can actually tell what I'm saying so i can make some Smash Speculation Videos of my own.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Because of memoryman3 and just foggy information about that "leak" so I wanted to just be clear that people take it with a grain of salt cause its a pretty solid piece of evidence in Waddle Dees favor and I dont want to get peoples hopes up to high on the off chance this is wrong, and again the source and the oddness of the whole leak IS a factor here.
Yeah, I guess that Daisy stuff could be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Liked favorited and subscribed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We are most definatley getting a gen 7 Pokemon, and we are probably not getting a gen 8 Pokemon as DLC.
I wouldn't say that a 7th generation Pokemon is guaranteed. But if one is considered, Incineroar probably has the best odds of the bunch, which is evidenced even further with Game Freak pushing it more than the other fully evolved 7th generation starters, and it's even starting to become a recurring character in the anime's Alola saga.

Of course, with the roster being finalized in late 2015, the reception that Incineroar has been receiving likely doesn't mean much.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also, kinda random but I'm gonna say it. Nintendo Exists in the Wario Ware Universe and Mario is a game in the Wario Ware universe, and therefore Wario is on a higher plane of existence than wario.

Food for thought.

D

Deleted member

I would've mentioned Jim Walker for Fox, and Dex Manley for Falco, but that probably won't happen, due to the changes with their Final Smashes; no more "Landmaster!" and "Personally, I prefer the air.".
I've been thinking about this because if I'm able to mod this game, I'm putting these two back in for sure. There might be some voice clips somewhere on the Lylat Cruise Easter Egg that could be repurposed for their Final Smashes. Worst case scenario, they're mute for the duration of the move.

Iridium

Smash Hero
One minor change I want to see for :ultpokemontrainer: would be, well, :ultpokemontrainer:'s face. His/her face seems so still during their victory animations, and it bugs me out a bit. This is not that big an issue, but seeing the trainers be more expressive would be nice.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly though people will call Sakurai bias on everything. Bowser being more intimidating than the goofy dad we all love? Sakurai bias. Zelda not getting anyone other than Triforce holders? Sakurai bias. DK not getting enough content? Sakurai bias. Too many Fire Emblem characters? Sakurai bias. I think you get the point

Also someone pointed out to me that Donkey Kong is only playable in 1 DKC game of the original trilogy and that's a galaxy brain decision lmao
Donkey Kong replaced with Rare characters in his own trilogy? Sakur-er Rare bias.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, kinda random but I'm gonna say it. Nintendo Exists in the Wario Ware Universe and Mario is a game in the Wario Ware universe, and therefore Wario is on a higher plane of existence than wario.

Food for thought.
Well, obviously the WarioWare Mario games are interactive autobiographies, duh! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom