• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want a new WarioWare trailer. They've barely talked about it since the reveal until the demo stuff that recently came out. It looks so good. Last chance to do something for it this month before release.
There should be a direct this month where they show off Luigi's Mansion 3DS and WarioWare Gold.
And reveal Ashley for Smash.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Realistically, I think we're going to get a lot of fan favorites, but there will still be some promotional and WTF picks.

I expect new IPs or new landmark games to be pushed. Sakurai doesn't have all the control there and Smash will always be used to advertise for Nintendo. Just the nature of the beast.
I also expect a retro of some sort. Remember Sakurai is the guy who gave us :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:. Retros are basically a given, even on a limited roster. According to the Smash 4 project plan, Duck Hunt was specifically designed to be a surprise character. "This game's surprise character." It's an archetype Sakurai specifically looks for.

Ideally, Sakurai is able to combine these character types. For example, :ultinkling: and arguably :ultridley::ultdaisy: are a fan favorites AND promotional characters for games that have come out within the last year.

I think we'll get some fan favorites for sure, but Sakurai isn't throwing out all his old criteria.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
https://smashboards.com/threads/in-...star-fox-bayonetta-and-splatoon-added.456277/

Hey all, I updated the comprehensive song list for the entire Smash Bros. series.

This time I added all Metroid, Star Fox, Bayonetta and Splatoon tracks.

Go ahead and take a look. I found some interesting patterns. See if you can find any!
Huh, interesting that the only Metroid remixes we've had were from the Zebes games and Fusion, and that Metroid 2 and Prime 3 lack tracks altogether. Granted, the former didn't have too many memorable tracks to use at the time so I can understand it being skipped, but it's surprising that Prime 3 got nothing.

Hopefully we'll get a couple tracks ported over from Samus Returns at least, I'd love to hear some of the Metroid battle themes, the surface theme, or the Chozo Laboratory theme.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Personally, If we were getting anyone from All-Stars I would rather Kat from Gravity Rush than Heihachi.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
uh, interesting that the only Metroid remixes we've had were from the Zebes games and Fusion,
Metroid Prime got one remix, but its currently Brawl exclusive.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
In my hands lie two Smash 5 newcomers, you can only pick one.

In my left hand is King K. Rool, while not particularly relevant, he's become something of a cult phenomenon among the Smash community. Putting him in Smash would bring joy to a wealth of people who have been begging for him for well over a decade.

In my right hand, I have uh, this guy

Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. He's from a game that was a "free" download on the 3DS, the game was included in an automatic update, so he was kind of forced on 3DS owners. He's not popular, memorable, iconic, or even retro. But man lol if he got in smash his moveset would be frickin wackyyyyy, and since no one wants him, he'd be "unexpected" too!

Which do you pick?
This is what it sounds like when you suggest "unexpected" newcomers over the ones people actually want. Everyone could have lived without Wii Fit, we do not need Wii Fit v2 in Ultimate, a game where every newcomer spot is precious.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, ya'll can stop now.

You're putting words in his mouth.

He wants surprises.

Not an absence of fan favorites.

Sheesh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Realistically, I think we're going to get a lot of fan favorites, but there will still be some promotional and WTF picks.

I expect new IPs or new landmark games to be pushed. Sakurai doesn't have all the control there and Smash will always be used to advertise for Nintendo. Just the nature of the beast.
I also expect a retro of some sort. Remember Sakurai is the guy who gave us :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:. Retros are basically a given, even on a limited roster. According to the Smash 4 project plan, Duck Hunt was specifically designed to be a surprise character. "This game's surprise character." It's an archetype Sakurai specifically looks for.

Ideally, Sakurai is able to combine these character types. For example, :ultinkling: and arguably :ultridley::ultdaisy: are a fan favorites AND promotional characters for games that have come out within the last year.

I think we'll get some fan favorites for sure, but Sakurai isn't throwing out all his old criteria.
I agree, but I don't think standards are going to lower as much as people think they will. I can see King K. Rool getting in, not just from sheer popularity, but from having a history as a significant character in the original games, despite being a dormant character for ten years. I can see that exception being made.

I don't think we are gonna see characters like Geno, enemy based characters like Bandanna Waddle Dee, or Ashley, who despite being popular and promotional, is just a mini game host like any other WarioWare character. I think all of those characters are going to be assist trophies at best. The whole reason I think King K. Rool may happen is because of his role in the actual game being significant and consistent prior to the reboot, and not just popularity alone.

Just a character tries hard doesn't mean they make it into the battle. A lot of times, popular or promoted characters become assist trophies (Waluigi, Krystal, Bomberman, Ashley, Isabelle).

I sure hope King K. Rool doesn't become an Assist Trophy though.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don't think that Sakurai is gonna go that safe. They need some WTF characters.
I do like some WTF.

(Okay I REALLY want Ayumi as the WTF/Retro character to be in Smash. Let me believe.)

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

In my left hand is King K. Rool, while not particularly relevant, he's become something of a cult phenomenon among the Smash community. Putting him in Smash would bring joy to a wealth of people who have been begging for him for well over a decade.

Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. He's from a game that was a "free" download on the 3DS, the game was included in an automatic update, so he was kind of forced on 3DS owners. He's not popular, memorable, iconic, or even retro. But man lol if he got in smash his moveset would be frickin wackyyyyy, and since no one wants him, he'd be "unexpected" too!

Which do you pick?
This is what it sounds like when you suggest "unexpected" newcomers over the ones people actually want. Everyone could have lived without Wii Fit, we do not need Wii Fit v2 in Ultimate, a game where every newcomer spot is precious.
You know who i'm gonna pick...
SSB3DSTrophyInujiDarumeshi.png

INUJI DARUMESHI BAYBEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Watching the demo footage from CEO is making me really worried about the competitive nature of this game. Even with the new features I'm concerned it'll end up being a lot like Smash 4. Doesn't even look like you can get a proper follow up on anything with the knockback mechanics.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I saw earlier on that everyone was talking about potential 2nd namco reps and in response, i'll just leave this here.
Broke: Heihachi, Lloyd, Agumon, Nightmare
Woke: Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More "leaks"
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423192780
There will be a Nintendo Direct on the week of July 22-July 28. Most likely on the 27th.
The new Yoshi game will have a trailer. It’s name is Yoshi’s Wooly World 2: Flipside
There will be an announcement about the 2nd round of dream friends in Kirby Star Allies, along with a harder mode.
WarioWare Gold is being ported to the Switch.
There will be a small segment about Mario Odyssey DLC, biggest thing being modern recreations of Mario 64 levels.
Pokémon will show up. Strangely nothing about the 2019 game, just some more info about Let’s go.
Star fox racing will be announced.
There will be an announcement about a major AAA game port.
Smash will end off the direct. It will start with a trailer of a fighter I cannot get info of, but then go into game info. Smash run, Hit the Targets and Smash tour will come back. There will be a story mode, but no where near as big as Subspace. The direct will end for the trailer for Simon Belmont.

This may be from the leaker but could also be from an anon impersonating them
Forgot to add this: King K Rool will be shown as an Assist Trophy.
Sounds like a good direct. We'll see whether it's true or not soon.

This next leak is being split into two parts because it's a puzzle leak (yay)! One spoiler for the image, the other for the text
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423193771
Nine hints, nine newcomers. Some connections aren't as obvious as they might appear to be.

Still technically the least amount of newcomers added to a Smash Bros. game, Sakurai wasn't exactly lying by what he said.

Smash Run getting expanded. Fans will be pretty pleased I think. Ties into the new streamlined method of unlocking. Won't say any more than that.

Smash Tour is coming back and with some "improvements". You pick a character and stick with it now. Basically just regular Mario Party but with fights (with or without modifiers) instead of minigames. Could actually be not garbage this time around.

New trophy collecting mode like Coin Launcher. Literally pachinko.

All-Star has an alternate mode where you fight em in the same order in the trailer/site - by order of smash reveal.

The ****ing doll is an assist trophy lmao.

DLC is obviously coming, but dev won't really start till after the game's already out so who knows what's in store.

Hope you like the main theme, it's liked used in like every menu and original stage, not like that's really unexpected for Smash.
I actually don't know where to start on the characters for this one. Smash Tour coming back would be hype AF though. I unironically like that mode and would love to have it return.
Mortal Kombat Logo + the Hood is King K. Rool, but could also Ray MK III (Mortal Kombat = MK, 3 K's so MK III)
Holy Water is Simon. Easy.
Elmer Fudd is Elma? Because that's how he pronounces his name.
Hagrid is apparently Ashley based off of this image
Groucho Marx Disguise could literally just be Marx.
The Tiger could be Heihachi (It's the logo on the back of his shirt apparently?), but someone else suggested Travis Touchdown.

The rest I don't know. I'm looking through the thread now so bare with me.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Watching the demo footage from CEO is making me really worried about the competitive nature of this game. Even with the new features I'm concerned it'll end up being a lot like Smash 4. Doesn't even look like you can get a proper follow up on anything with the knockback mechanics.
I don’t have an opinion on it specifically but I hear Nintendo wasn’t open to feedback and that seemed to be a bit of a concern for some players that tried it out. Competitive players probably gave Nintendo that feedback among other things

D

Deleted member

MICHELIN MAN ROLLS IN!
This is one reason why this thread is still one of my favorites.

Which do you pick?
I am not fond of having a Garfield looking miserable dog in my Smash, but if he gets in somehow.... Okay.

The most likely fan favorites being Bandanna Dee and King K. Rool in my opinion.
We are definitely getting a retro character, but it will be surprising. Like I can not just assume we will get the Biker from Excitebike.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I want a new WarioWare trailer. They've barely talked about it since the reveal until the demo stuff that recently came out. It looks so good. Last chance to do something for it this month before release.
We literally just got a WarioWare trailer a couple days ago.
I may never get another Wario Land, but at least I get to hear more of Martinet's beautiful Wario voice...

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
More "leaks"
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423192780
There will be a Nintendo Direct on the week of July 22-July 28. Most likely on the 27th.
The new Yoshi game will have a trailer. It’s name is Yoshi’s Wooly World 2: Flipside
There will be an announcement about the 2nd round of dream friends in Kirby Star Allies, along with a harder mode.
WarioWare Gold is being ported to the Switch.
There will be a small segment about Mario Odyssey DLC, biggest thing being modern recreations of Mario 64 levels.
Pokémon will show up. Strangely nothing about the 2019 game, just some more info about Let’s go.
Star fox racing will be announced.
There will be an announcement about a major AAA game port.
Smash will end off the direct. It will start with a trailer of a fighter I cannot get info of, but then go into game info. Smash run, Hit the Targets and Smash tour will come back. There will be a story mode, but no where near as big as Subspace. The direct will end for the trailer for Simon Belmont.

This may be from the leaker but could also be from an anon impersonating them
Forgot to add this: King K Rool will be shown as an Assist Trophy.
Sounds like a good direct. We'll see whether it's true or not soon.

This next leak is being split into two parts because it's a puzzle leak (yay)! One spoiler for the image, the other for the text
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423193771
Nine hints, nine newcomers. Some connections aren't as obvious as they might appear to be.

Still technically the least amount of newcomers added to a Smash Bros. game, Sakurai wasn't exactly lying by what he said.

Smash Run getting expanded. Fans will be pretty pleased I think. Ties into the new streamlined method of unlocking. Won't say any more than that.

Smash Tour is coming back and with some "improvements". You pick a character and stick with it now. Basically just regular Mario Party but with fights (with or without modifiers) instead of minigames. Could actually be not garbage this time around.

New trophy collecting mode like Coin Launcher. Literally pachinko.

All-Star has an alternate mode where you fight em in the same order in the trailer/site - by order of smash reveal.

The ****ing doll is an assist trophy lmao.

DLC is obviously coming, but dev won't really start till after the game's already out so who knows what's in store.

Hope you like the main theme, it's liked used in like every menu and original stage, not like that's really unexpected for Smash.
The Star Allies Dream Friends was JUST announced and would release on that day. Kinda bad timing there leak...

Also, I'm still calling the game Yoshi's Flipping Island.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Smash Ultimate w-Newcomers Roster.png

Alright dudes, gimme your thoughts on this roster. This isn't necessarily meant to be anything in particular, just something I think i'd ultimately (no pun intended) like to see/had a bit of fun throwing together. I'm actually kind of proud of this one (especially because of the interactive part!)

Now, I'd sincerely appreciate some updated icons (if anybody has them) for K.Rool and Dillon, as I updated the Roster Maker program and lost them.

The first thing you'll notice is the fact that there are 3 Newcomer icons. I'm going to have a little fun with this, and allow all of you to choose who goes into that spot!

Newcomers are as follows: Daisy, Dixie Kong, King K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Rex & Pyra, Inklings, Spring Man, Isaac, Dillon, and Simon. This results in 11 newcomers aside from those 3 other placeholder icons. There are 8 3rd party characters. This roster is based on a timeline in which the Vergeben leak is based on true information, and we cap that off with Simon Belmont as a playable character.

Altogether, there are 79 characters on this roster, which includes all echoes and Squirtle and Ivysaur. I picked Rex & Pyra over Elma as not only personal preference, but also in a case where Rex & Pyra are added as DLC (which could result in more than what I've thrown together) and Elma is not added, which I think has potential as a scenario. Not necessarily a likely one, but a potential one.

Spring Man will probably be as DLC, but here he is.

Isaac seems like an underdog candidate for Ballot satisfaction, as he has a ton of potential as a fighter.

Dillon is another character I really like the prospect of. I could see him as one of those "unexpected picks", mainly because a lot of fans doubt him. He'd be great!

Chrom is in an Echo for Ike. yes, Fire Emblem gets another Echo, but eh. Whatever, it's another clone for fans who want their character.

This roster is organized loosely on the organization of the Smash Bros. Ultimate website, as certain series would look awkward based on their order on the site. (For example, Yoshi in the middle of like 3 other non-Super Mario universe series, or characters from the same series going across numerous rows...gross as hell!) I also can already tell I'm going to have a heart attack if the in-game CSS is by appearance in Smash and not by series, so I did my best to organize them in that manner.

As I said before, those 3 Newcomers can be whichever you like.

Notable absences:

Ashley and Isabelle: While I understand there is quite a bit of hype and popularity to these two, my expectations toward them have soured over the last week or so. I simply think Isabelle will stay as an Assist. Ashley is one of those cases where I think a lot of people are banking simply on popularity to get her in. To me, that's not entirely convincing. To each their own though.

A Pokemon Newcomer: I've come to the conclusion that despite the popularity of Gen VII, there's no guarantee for a new Pokemon. I also really have no idea who would get picked regardless, but I do feel that Mimikyu could absolutely become a Pokeball. I really don't know what to say in regard to the Pokemon series, aside from that fact that for Wii U, everybody thought Zoroark for some time, and then it became Sylveon. Basically, Gen V got completely skipped.
Again, if you want to add them to this roster, you can add them in if you like!

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I guess it’s mostly because people are trying it for the first time. But yeah, they did make it that the opponent gets knocked back fast and then come to a pretty fast stop, so combos and follow ups are going to be different.

To be honest, I want them to decrease the end lag of air dodges than what they have now, since air dodges don’t seem to reward players at all for using defensive options and instead punishes them. I also wish they made wavedashing more possible, since short hop or not, the end lag might make it not as useful or useless.

In other words make air dodging at least potent and readily available, while keeping the game more aggressive centric.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Which do you pick?
Rusty.

But that's because although K. Rool is 'forgotten' he gets talked about ad nauseum on here to the point I'm feeling overexposed to him.

...I feel that's not your point though.

Elaborate on your sinful claim you heretic
To be fair, whilst Twintelle has a nicer design than nearly everyone else because she's not a bizarre noodle armed mutant like the rest of the ARMS cast(quite literally in MinMin's case) the likes of Springman and Ribbon Girl make more sense because, ya know, the series emphasis is...well...ARMS.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I guess it’s mostly because people are trying it for the first time. But yeah, they did make it that the opponent gets knocked back fast and then come to a pretty fast stop, so combos and follow ups are going to be different.

To be honest, I want them to decrease the end lag of air dodges than now, since air dodges don’t seem to reward players at all for using defensive options and instead punishes them. I also wish they made wavedashing more possible, since short hop or not, the end lag might make it not as useful or useless.

In other words make air dodging at least potent and readily available, while keeping the game more aggressive centric.
Airdodging sucking is likely what is going to save the game so I HIGHLY disagree

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'll take crack at the Puzzle Leak
The Holy Water must obviously represent Simon
The Lion is Incineroar
Maybe Policeman Spongebob or Elmer Fudd could be Elma
and then i just gave up on it after that.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don’t have an opinion on it specifically but I hear Nintendo wasn’t open to feedback and that seemed to be a bit of a concern for some players that tried it out. Competitive players probably gave Nintendo that feedback among other things
They were VERY open to feedback.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
We literally just got a WarioWare trailer a couple days ago.
I may never get another Wario Land, but at least I get to hear more of Martinet's beautiful Wario voice...
"Until the demo stuff that recently came out". I meant like a full fledged trailer. This is just a tease for me lol. I want to hear all of the character voices.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why do all these fake leaks have such good ideas?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's so many "obscure/WTF" picks I want in the game, most of them are retro or just not really popular.

Mach Rider and Star Man are both retro from the NES era, but Pro Wrestling sold a ****ton of units (one of the best-selling actually) compared to Mach Rider. However, the rifle comment made by Sakurai gives Mach Rider hope, plus he's on a dang motorcycle. Ayumi, though I don't know much of, is literally just Nintendo Phoenix Wright in terms of mechanics potential. If MvC3 made him work, Nintendo can make her work.

Black Shadow from F-Zero was made a joke in GX's Story Mode but is a total chad in every other installment. Zoda's trophy in Smash references Black Shadow being the one who made him powerful, which is only true in the anime and its subsequent spinoff games. It doesn't heighten his chances, but they make it aware of its existence.

Captain Rainbow is an obscure game about obscure games. That's pretty much it, he's the amalgamation of WTF characters that became one when his game didn't sell that well.

Ninten and Giygas, while pretty notable and well-known in the Mother franchise, don't have much going for them outside of it. I don't know how well Mother 1 sold on the Wii U, but I can't guarantee it's as impactful as Mother 2/3. Porky and Claus also share equally high potential for taking a piece of that Smash cake, as Giygas in question would only be using my trademarked Mewtwo on life support body.

M Rated games are also cool with Bayonetta and Snake being included. Jack Cayman from Madworld and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, both on the Wii respectively. However, Jack's SEGA property and Travis is Ubisoft property, and we all know Rayman's first in line.

I could add more but then it'd just be spam. :bobomb:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Do you guys think the game will be well-balanced despite the massive roster? I think priority number one should be to make sure there's no God- or Trash-tiers. Obviously you will never have a roster that is 100% balanced unless there are only two characters, but I'd hope that nobody is too strong or too weak.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Top 10 Smash Ultimate Most Wanted Newcomers
Rayman
Geno
Elma
K Rool and Dixie Kong
Ashley
Mach Rider/Lip
Chorus Kids
Hilda (Echoe)
Chrom (Echoe)
Ninten (Echoe)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Airdodging sucking is likely what is going to save the game so I HIGHLY disagree
I have to REALLY disagree with this.

By weaking the benefits of air dodges, it can be a detriment to a lot of characters, more so the bigger targets that will literally be huge targets against more faster characters like Shiek because their attacks may not be fast enough to combat them.

Reducing air dodges won’t save the game. If you know how to play Smash 4 well and learn how to read you can easily fake and tell when someone is going to dodge either in the air or ground and counter them with a punishing attack.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Do you guys think the game will be well-balanced despite the massive roster? I think priority number one should be to make sure there's no God- or Trash-tiers. Obviously you will never have a roster that is 100% balanced unless there are only two characters, but I'd hope that nobody is too strong or too weak.
Obviously yes, but I kinda selfishly want Yoshi to kick *** and be the broken character this time around

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It'd be nice but with a roster this large there's bound to be a character who's god tier. Balancing everyone so they aren't bad but aren't godly either is next to impossible. All you can do is try and not make a busted character like Bayonetta or Brawl Meta Knight again.

Obviously yes, but I kinda selfishly want Yoshi to kick *** and be the broken character this time around
That's a good way to get everyone to hate the character. :smash:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Really, I think it’s definitely possible we get at least 10, but no more than 12 newcomers. The Ultimate roster is already at a whopping 68 characters. As veterans still need to be balanced against each other, those who already were not balanced against anyone would take just as much time to balance as any newcomer. Young Link, Pichu, Ice Climbers, Wolf and Snake could effectively be counted toward the list of “newcomers”, and in addition to Daisy, Inklings and Ridley, results in 9 characters that weren’t previously in Smash Wii U.
The returning cut veterans do take more work than the Smash 4 veterans, just on the fact they couldn't be ported over from Smash 4 and had to be remade. However they still take a lot less work than a newcomer, as Sakurai already knows what their design and moveset will be, how to create them, and what to balance around. Also Pichu and Young Link were clones that took =<15% of the effort of a unique newcomer to make in Melee, which will be even less now because of the aforementioned factors and neither seem to be getting altered much, while Wolf took 70% of the effort of a unique newcomer in his addition to Brawl and also doesn't appear to be getting altered much, so adding him will too a take a lot less work than that. Together bringing those veterans back took about the effort of roughly 2-4 unique newcomers I think.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I have to REALLY disagree with this.

By weaking the benefits of air dodges, it can be a detriment to a lot of characters, more so the bigger targets that will literally be huge targets against more faster characters like Shiek because their attacks may not be fast enough to combat them.

Reducing air dodges won’t save the game. If you know how to play Smash 4 well and learn how to read you can easily fake and tell when someone is going to dodge either in the air or ground and counter them with a punishing attack.
I suppose but frankly I've come to expect imbalance and bias towards faster characters in these games, weakening of defensive options just makes the game faster and more fun to watch. Airdodging in 4 is just too good.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
View attachment 151774

Alright dudes, gimme your thoughts on this roster. This isn't necessarily meant to be anything in particular, just something I think i'd ultimately (no pun intended) like to see/had a bit of fun throwing together. I'm actually kind of proud of this one (especially because of the interactive part!)

Now, I'd sincerely appreciate some updated icons (if anybody has them) for K.Rool and Dillon, as I updated the Roster Maker program and lost them.

The first thing you'll notice is the fact that there are 3 Newcomer icons. I'm going to have a little fun with this, and allow all of you to choose who goes into that spot!

Newcomers are as follows: Daisy, Dixie Kong, King K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Rex & Pyra, Inklings, Spring Man, Isaac, Dillon, and Simon. This results in 11 newcomers aside from those 3 other placeholder icons. There are 8 3rd party characters. This roster is based on a timeline in which the Vergeben leak is based on true information, and we cap that off with Simon Belmont as a playable character.

Altogether, there are 79 characters on this roster, which includes all echoes and Squirtle and Ivysaur. I picked Rex & Pyra over Elma as not only personal preference, but also in a case where Rex & Pyra are added as DLC (which could result in more than what I've thrown together) and Elma is not added, which I think has potential as a scenario. Not necessarily a likely one, but a potential one.

Spring Man will probably be as DLC, but here he is.

Isaac seems like an underdog candidate for Ballot satisfaction, as he has a ton of potential as a fighter.

Dillon is another character I really like the prospect of. I could see him as one of those "unexpected picks", mainly because a lot of fans doubt him. He'd be great!

Chrom is in an Echo for Ike. yes, Fire Emblem gets another Echo, but eh. Whatever, it's another clone for fans who want their character.

This roster is organized loosely on the organization of the Smash Bros. Ultimate website, as certain series would look awkward based on their order on the site. (For example, Yoshi in the middle of like 3 other non-Super Mario universe series, or characters from the same series going across numerous rows...gross as hell!) I also can already tell I'm going to have a heart attack if the in-game CSS is by appearance in Smash and not by series, so I did my best to organize them in that manner.

As I said before, those 3 Newcomers can be whichever you like.

Notable absences:

Ashley and Isabelle: While I understand there is quite a bit of hype and popularity to these two, my expectations toward them have soured over the last week or so. I simply think Isabelle will stay as an Assist. Ashley is one of those cases where I think a lot of people are banking simply on popularity to get her in. To me, that's not entirely convincing. To each their own though.

A Pokemon Newcomer: I've come to the conclusion that despite the popularity of Gen VII, there's no guarantee for a new Pokemon. I also really have no idea who would get picked regardless, but I do feel that Mimikyu could absolutely become a Pokeball. I really don't know what to say in regard to the Pokemon series, aside from that fact that for Wii U, everybody thought Zoroark for some time, and then it became Sylveon. Basically, Gen V got completely skipped.
Again, if you want to add them to this roster, you can add them in if you like!
Yay, someone finally put Dillon in a prediction roster.

Personally I’m a little more optimistic about Isabelle, since Nintendo really blitzed us with AC content backwhen the project proposal for ultimate was first created.

Anyways, this looks like a really good roster to me, this would be a near 10/10 character list for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom