• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Apparently the Doom Slayer stuff is fake... huh.
No, that's someone imitating the OP. Or is it?

Gotta love anonymity.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and assuming the former. Either way the leak's on a timer.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

The Japanese site has a few logo differences, including this one which should be the NA one
At least we have a better WarioWare logo, the JP one is just black text in a white bubble.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Cutting down the roster would be way way way too hard for me and make me incredibly sad and for this reason I will never do it. You are all safe my beautiful children. You are all safe and I love you all.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 150906

The Japanese site has a few logo differences, including this one which should be the NA one
At least we have a better WarioWare logo, the JP one is just black text in a white bubble.
Even if we don't have the cool earth logo, I always thought we had the superior name.

EarthBound beats Mother IMO. Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Even if we don't have the cool earth logo, I always thought we had the superior name.

EarthBound beats Mother IMO. Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion.
EarthBound sounds cool but means nothing.

MOTHER makes more sense for 2 and 3 as birth and someone's actual mother are things that are important in both games.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I mean Megman getting impaled isn't really E for everyone.
He's also a robot. He's basically a toaster with eyes. Mario just got "painfully squeezed", on the other hand.

Ganondorf probably has a brain and a skull and stuff, if he got shot in the head with a high powered weapon it would be messy.

Pakky

Smash Hero
He's also a robot. He's basically a toaster with eyes. Mario just got "painfully squeezed", on the other hand.

Ganondorf probably has a brain and a skull and stuff, if he got shot in the head with a high powered weapon it would be messy.
Or he just falls over and turns into smoke after getting bopped on the head.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

MOTHER makes more sense for 2 and 3 as birth and someone's actual mother are things that are important in both games.
It was also extremely important in Beginnings, mind.

Also, did no one else get the Mothership pun alongside that??

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

"Painfully squeezed"

Dude Mario ****ing died. It's clear that's what happened. Ridley stole his hat and spun it to taunt Samus, like "yeah I murked your friend, he dead."

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It was also extremely important in Beginnings, mind.

Also, did no one else get the Mothership pun alongside that??
I think the pun is "Mother Earth", maybe? On account of the O being Earth?

I can see why they changed it, though, because a game called "Mother" would have sold like **** to the demographic they were going for in the US.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Mother makes sense for the first game because you have to get the Eight Melodies from Maria who was Giygas' adoptive mother. :p She was also Ninten's great grandmother but we don't talk a lot about that.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I still can't believe Nintendo gave the ok to have a trailer that shows Ridley crush Mario's face.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still can't believe Nintendo gave the ok to have a trailer that shows Ridley crush Mario's face.
He's a rampaging murderer in Metroid what is he gonna do, beat him in a game of tic tac toe?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Two leaks today.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422601087
I'm a contract tester so I don't have the fancy badge color like the actual employees do. Due to the last incident from 2014, phones aren't allowed anymore in the testing area so there's that. I have no clue about trailers and dates, that's probably something only people super involved in the project (not testers) know.

66 is Bandana Waddle Dee, 67 is Dixie Kong, 68 is King K. Rool, 69 is Elma, 70 is Mimikyu, 71 is Tibby, and 72 is Ayumi(from that Japanese detective game). 45ε is Isabelle.

Bandana Waddle Dee plays like he does in the Kirby games, it's nothing too special. His final smash is a cutscene where a gigantic ball of Waddle Dees slam into the fighters.

Dixie Kong plays like Diddy Kong, but more differences so she's not an echo fighter. She has a gun filled with gumballs that fires rapidly but can still explode and some of her moves and grab use her hair, but everything else is not too different than Diddy. They both have the same new final smash too, where they call Rambi and ram into everyone in front of them.
The King is probably one of the heaviest characters in the game. His jumps are awful but his recovery is decent, it's like a poorly-made mechanical jetpack that explodes after a certain time in the air and the blades damage anyone who comes in contact. Standard special is his gigantic musket that looks hilarious when Kirby is using it. Down special is him slamming into the ground and having a giant cannonball fall on either side of him. Side special is tossing his crown like a boomerang. His moves are standard fare like the final boss fights from the games, but his Final smash has his him calling all of his other personas to wail on the other fighters in a really comedic manner. Those other costumes are also in the game to wear.

Elma uses a variety of futuristic weapons. I never played Xenoblade X but a flashing arrow box appears by her portrait and if you follow up with the special the arrow alludes to, it does more damage. Her final smash calls a bunch of soldiers and giant mechs and they charge the other fighters.

Mimikyu takes less damage when its head is standing upright but takes regular damage when its head is wilted down, kind of like its ability from the game. You can put the head upright again by connecting its down special with another fighter. Special attacks are moves from the game like shadow claw as its standard and play rough as its side. Its final smash is unsurprisingly a Z-Move, but not the one exclusive to it.

I downloaded Rhythm Heaven after I played as Tibby just to get an idea of what is going on. His moveset alludes to so many of the games from that series that it was hard understanding the references. Standard special is based on the clappy trio game, up special is night walk, side special is Airboarder, and down special is tap trial. All of them do more damage if you follow the rhythm cues to them beofrehand but they may
Ayumi fights really differently. A lot of her basic moves and airs use a notepad and a pen as well as a briefcase so it feel like she's constantly jotting down observations or something. In her standard special she takes pictures with a camera. it does no damage but it can stun other fighters at the right distance. Her up special is like a startled jump? A noise like a telephone ringing or something crashing to the ground happens and she jumps up in fright, it's really weird but does a decent amount of damage. Side special summons a ghostly girl figure behind her and it charges forward and attacks but because it's behind you if you want to attack to the left you use the right special and vice versa. Her final smash summons a mirror with a ghostly figure in it that gets bigger and bigger until it breaks through and the shards shatter everywhere.

Isabelle plays like Villager with a few differences. Her final smash is a different public works project like a police station or a fancy statue. Up air is a clipboard instead of turnips, and her pocket ability can be converted into bells that make her other specials more powerful if you hold down the button with an item. Her balloon fight move damages others when it pops to utilize this.

Daisy's down special is flowers instead of turnips that get converted into items. The most common one is a fire flower that gives you a fireball, but there's also ice, gold, boomerang and the balls from Super Mario Land which are really powerful and bounce off walls for a bit. She can pull out other random items like Peach can like bob-ombs and blue shells. Their new final smash is from Super Mario Run I think? a bunch of Toads come to cheer them on as they vault over blocks and ram into the fighters.
If this leak is real, i will be EXTREMELY joyful.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
He's a rampaging murderer in Metroid what is he gonna do, beat him in a game of tic tac toe?
Hey I'm not complaining. It's just Ridley's a lot darker than most other Nintendo characters and having them openly show and allow that with Mega Man and Mario is surprising.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am making some progress on my Ashley/Dee analysis. I may have to delay my roster finalization by another day just to have discussion and opinions on my analysis, but I think it will be worth it. I promise I will get it done tomorrow, I have my speculation mojo back now.

I will say this, I am planning to add one of these characters as my last newcomer prediction. You will see who I will add as my final prediction tomorrow. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
UltimateWario UltimateWario : That is up to personal interpretation. Lord knows how Itoi's planned ending was like.

Two leaks today.
I'm a contract tester so I don't have the fancy badge color like the actual employees do. Due to the last incident from 2014, phones aren't allowed anymore in the testing area so there's that. I have no clue about trailers and dates, that's probably something only people super involved in the project (not testers) know.​
66 is Bandana Waddle Dee, 67 is Dixie Kong, 68 is King K. Rool, 69 is Elma, 70 is Mimikyu, 71 is Tibby, and 72 is Ayumi(from that Japanese detective game). 45ε is Isabelle.​
Bandana Waddle Dee plays like he does in the Kirby games, it's nothing too special. His final smash is a cutscene where a gigantic ball of Waddle Dees slam into the fighters.​
Dixie Kong plays like Diddy Kong, but more differences so she's not an echo fighter. She has a gun filled with gumballs that fires rapidly but can still explode and some of her moves and grab use her hair, but everything else is not too different than Diddy. They both have the same new final smash too, where they call Rambi and ram into everyone in front of them.​
The King is probably one of the heaviest characters in the game. His jumps are awful but his recovery is decent, it's like a poorly-made mechanical jetpack that explodes after a certain time in the air and the blades damage anyone who comes in contact. Standard special is his gigantic musket that looks hilarious when Kirby is using it. Down special is him slamming into the ground and having a giant cannonball fall on either side of him. Side special is tossing his crown like a boomerang. His moves are standard fare like the final boss fights from the games, but his Final smash has his him calling all of his other personas to wail on the other fighters in a really comedic manner. Those other costumes are also in the game to wear.​

Elma uses a variety of futuristic weapons. I never played Xenoblade X but a flashing arrow box appears by her portrait and if you follow up with the special the arrow alludes to, it does more damage. Her final smash calls a bunch of soldiers and giant mechs and they charge the other fighters.

Mimikyu takes less damage when its head is standing upright but takes regular damage when its head is wilted down, kind of like its ability from the game. You can put the head upright again by connecting its down special with another fighter. Special attacks are moves from the game like shadow claw as its standard and play rough as its side. Its final smash is unsurprisingly a Z-Move, but not the one exclusive to it.

I downloaded Rhythm Heaven after I played as Tibby just to get an idea of what is going on. His moveset alludes to so many of the games from that series that it was hard understanding the references. Standard special is based on the clappy trio game, up special is night walk, side special is Airboarder, and down special is tap trial. All of them do more damage if you follow the rhythm cues to them beofrehand but they may
Ayumi fights really differently. A lot of her basic moves and airs use a notepad and a pen as well as a briefcase so it feel like she's constantly jotting down observations or something. In her standard special she takes pictures with a camera. it does no damage but it can stun other fighters at the right distance. Her up special is like a startled jump? A noise like a telephone ringing or something crashing to the ground happens and she jumps up in fright, it's really weird but does a decent amount of damage. Side special summons a ghostly girl figure behind her and it charges forward and attacks but because it's behind you if you want to attack to the left you use the right special and vice versa. Her final smash summons a mirror with a ghostly figure in it that gets bigger and bigger until it breaks through and the shards shatter everywhere.

Isabelle plays like Villager with a few differences. Her final smash is a different public works project like a police station or a fancy statue. Up air is a clipboard instead of turnips, and her pocket ability can be converted into bells that make her other specials more powerful if you hold down the button with an item. Her balloon fight move damages others when it pops to utilize this.

Daisy's down special is flowers instead of turnips that get converted into items. The most common one is a fire flower that gives you a fireball, but there's also ice, gold, boomerang and the balls from Super Mario Land which are really powerful and bounce off walls for a bit. She can pull out other random items like Peach can like bob-ombs and blue shells. Their new final smash is from Super Mario Run I think? a bunch of Toads come to cheer them on as they vault over blocks and ram into the fighters.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422611629#p422612242
Sorry if this has weird formatting, I'm not at all used to the format of this site, but judging from the roster leak for Smash 4, this seems to be the safest place to leak.

And no, I'm not affiliated with the Smash 4 leaker, but I have heard a lot about him through the grapevine. Not a lot of good stuff, I'll assure you.

Anyway, i have some information through the grapevine that I can't help but be excited to show you guys.

Ok, so first things first: Nintendo, due to the legal and programming ****ery they had to go through to include every single character in ultimate, won't have very many newcomers. Instead, as seen so far by ridley, they are trying to include the craziest newcomers within the realm of possibility to drum up support for the game.
I only know of two of them. I don't know about anything beyond these.

First off, Simon Belmont. He is, in fact, playable, just as Vergeben said.
Throughout my time seeing Simon being played, I've gleaned these details. I haven't been paying close enough attention to tell you guys about the tilts and hitboxes, sorry.

His jab is to hit someone with his whip. Shocker. As detailed in the Smash Section of the E3 presentation, pressing the jab and holding results in rapid-fire strikes. Thus, Simon swipes with his whip multiple times when you utilize this technique.

His neutral special (Pretty Sure, could be side)
Simon throws a dagger with knockback. Like Sheik's needles, if its charged, he'll throw 3 daggers with significantly more knockback.

Side Special (Still not Sure, It could be his neutral) Simon slams his whip down in an arc above his head, causing knockback.

Up Special: Simon shoots his whip upwards, which can grasp on to a ledge. If it is used on solid ground and hits an an enemy in the air.
Simon slams them down to the ground in a very similar manner to his Neutral/Side (Again, Still not 100% Certain which one it is)

Down Special: Simon throws down a vial of holy water, which creates blue flames at his feet that burn the enemy in a similar manner to Ness' PK Fire.

Final Smash: Begins with a Whip Strike with a wider attack range. If it hits, Simon's whip becomes a flaming whip and he does several rapid-fire strikes. Then, he throws a large vial of holy water, which results in a large explosion of blue flames and significant knockback.

(Side Note: I've been writing this post in docs for a while now and was taking notes in my head while I viewed gameplay of simon, thats why this is carefully written.)

I don't actually know when simon will be revealed, but I know when this next character will be revealed, and I've seen his character trailer. The trailer will be shown on July 19.
The trailer will consist of Ganondorf beating up Mario, Link, and Samus in an animated video. The three will get up, clearly about to pass out, and Ganon will transform into Demon King Ganon. Then, Mario, Link, and Samus will all be knocked down by blue lasers. Ganon looks back, still as demon king Ganon, and then is blasted i the head by this blue laser. Immediately, yellow text will come up over Ganon's head, saying 'HEADSHOT" and "+1000 damage". The camera scrolls to a Gauss Cannon dropping to the floor, while the sound of vibrating energy reverberates. The camera pans up to a very familiar marine holding a plasma rifle.

DOOM SLAYER Locks and Loads!
(Note: The Headshot kill signs do not appear above Mario, Link, and Samus because Demon King Ganon is a Demon, get it?)

Then, the trailer shows the Doom Slayer's moveset.
His grabs seem to be references to his Glory Kills in Doom 2016. In fact, his entire moveset is based off of Doom 2016.

His Neutral Special is Firing his Plasma Rifle. Without Charging, it only fires three medium-speed blue orbs. When you charge it fully, the Slayer pulls out the Gauss Cannon, which is a powerful blast with significant knockback.

Side-Smash: The Slayer does an upward slash with his chainsaw, which knocks the opponent into the air.

Down-Smash: The Slayer tosses a frag grenade towards his feet, which explodes after 2 seconds. There's no limit to how many he can throw.

Up-Smash: A lot like Zelda's Up-Smash, the doom slayer spawns a hologram of himself a good bit above him, which the creator immediately assumes control over. (Just so you guys understand, this is a reference to the hologram from Doom 2016. It simply transports Doom Slayer upwards, and the former doom slayer vanishes in blue light. You immediately assume control of the hologram. No playstyle changes whatsoever.)

Final Smash: The Slayer pulls out the BFG 9000 and fires a green blast, which explodes into a huge burst of green energy with a **** ton of knockback. Almost a guaranteed kill if you are hit with it at point blank.
Screencap this. Remember, July 19. Save the date.
If this leak is real, i will be EXTREMELY joyful.
Welp, if this is any way true at all, SOMEBODY from the Melee trophy days finally got promoted.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I am making some progress on my Ashley/Dee analysis. I may have to delay my roster finalization by another day just to have discussion and opinions on my analysis, but I think it will be worth it. I promise I will get it done tomorrow, I have my speculation mojo back now.

I will say this, I am planning to add one of these characters as my last newcomer prediction. You will see who I will add as my final prediction tomorrow. :)
Good thing you picked Ashley right?.....Right!??

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have nothing against him, but I would want Amaterasu as a Capcom newcomer before anyone else.
Wonder Red? He's not Capcom property. He's from a game developed for the Wii U by Platinum Games. He belongs to Nintendo and Platinum.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Two leaks today.
I'm a contract tester so I don't have the fancy badge color like the actual employees do. Due to the last incident from 2014, phones aren't allowed anymore in the testing area so there's that. I have no clue about trailers and dates, that's probably something only people super involved in the project (not testers) know.​
66 is Bandana Waddle Dee, 67 is Dixie Kong, 68 is King K. Rool, 69 is Elma, 70 is Mimikyu, 71 is Tibby, and 72 is Ayumi(from that Japanese detective game). 45ε is Isabelle.​
Bandana Waddle Dee plays like he does in the Kirby games, it's nothing too special. His final smash is a cutscene where a gigantic ball of Waddle Dees slam into the fighters.​
Dixie Kong plays like Diddy Kong, but more differences so she's not an echo fighter. She has a gun filled with gumballs that fires rapidly but can still explode and some of her moves and grab use her hair, but everything else is not too different than Diddy. They both have the same new final smash too, where they call Rambi and ram into everyone in front of them.​
The King is probably one of the heaviest characters in the game. His jumps are awful but his recovery is decent, it's like a poorly-made mechanical jetpack that explodes after a certain time in the air and the blades damage anyone who comes in contact. Standard special is his gigantic musket that looks hilarious when Kirby is using it. Down special is him slamming into the ground and having a giant cannonball fall on either side of him. Side special is tossing his crown like a boomerang. His moves are standard fare like the final boss fights from the games, but his Final smash has his him calling all of his other personas to wail on the other fighters in a really comedic manner. Those other costumes are also in the game to wear.​

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422611629#p422612242
Sorry if this has weird formatting, I'm not at all used to the format of this site, but judging from the roster leak for Smash 4, this seems to be the safest place to leak.

And no, I'm not affiliated with the Smash 4 leaker, but I have heard a lot about him through the grapevine. Not a lot of good stuff, I'll assure you.

Anyway, i have some information through the grapevine that I can't help but be excited to show you guys.

Ok, so first things first: Nintendo, due to the legal and programming ****ery they had to go through to include every single character in ultimate, won't have very many newcomers. Instead, as seen so far by ridley, they are trying to include the craziest newcomers within the realm of possibility to drum up support for the game.
I only know of two of them. I don't know about anything beyond these.

First off, Simon Belmont. He is, in fact, playable, just as Vergeben said.
Throughout my time seeing Simon being played, I've gleaned these details. I haven't been paying close enough attention to tell you guys about the tilts and hitboxes, sorry.

His jab is to hit someone with his whip. Shocker. As detailed in the Smash Section of the E3 presentation, pressing the jab and holding results in rapid-fire strikes. Thus, Simon swipes with his whip multiple times when you utilize this technique.

His neutral special (Pretty Sure, could be side)
Simon throws a dagger with knockback. Like Sheik's needles, if its charged, he'll throw 3 daggers with significantly more knockback.

Side Special (Still not Sure, It could be his neutral) Simon slams his whip down in an arc above his head, causing knockback.

Up Special: Simon shoots his whip upwards, which can grasp on to a ledge. If it is used on solid ground and hits an an enemy in the air.
Simon slams them down to the ground in a very similar manner to his Neutral/Side (Again, Still not 100% Certain which one it is)

Down Special: Simon throws down a vial of holy water, which creates blue flames at his feet that burn the enemy in a similar manner to Ness' PK Fire.

Final Smash: Begins with a Whip Strike with a wider attack range. If it hits, Simon's whip becomes a flaming whip and he does several rapid-fire strikes. Then, he throws a large vial of holy water, which results in a large explosion of blue flames and significant knockback.

(Side Note: I've been writing this post in docs for a while now and was taking notes in my head while I viewed gameplay of simon, thats why this is carefully written.)

I don't actually know when simon will be revealed, but I know when this next character will be revealed, and I've seen his character trailer. The trailer will be shown on July 19.
The trailer will consist of Ganondorf beating up Mario, Link, and Samus in an animated video. The three will get up, clearly about to pass out, and Ganon will transform into Demon King Ganon. Then, Mario, Link, and Samus will all be knocked down by blue lasers. Ganon looks back, still as demon king Ganon, and then is blasted i the head by this blue laser. Immediately, yellow text will come up over Ganon's head, saying 'HEADSHOT" and "+1000 damage". The camera scrolls to a Gauss Cannon dropping to the floor, while the sound of vibrating energy reverberates. The camera pans up to a very familiar marine holding a plasma rifle.

DOOM SLAYER Locks and Loads!
(Note: The Headshot kill signs do not appear above Mario, Link, and Samus because Demon King Ganon is a Demon, get it?)

Then, the trailer shows the Doom Slayer's moveset.
His grabs seem to be references to his Glory Kills in Doom 2016. In fact, his entire moveset is based off of Doom 2016.

His Neutral Special is Firing his Plasma Rifle. Without Charging, it only fires three medium-speed blue orbs. When you charge it fully, the Slayer pulls out the Gauss Cannon, which is a powerful blast with significant knockback.

Side-Smash: The Slayer does an upward slash with his chainsaw, which knocks the opponent into the air.

Down-Smash: The Slayer tosses a frag grenade towards his feet, which explodes after 2 seconds. There's no limit to how many he can throw.

Up-Smash: A lot like Zelda's Up-Smash, the doom slayer spawns a hologram of himself a good bit above him, which the creator immediately assumes control over. (Just so you guys understand, this is a reference to the hologram from Doom 2016. It simply transports Doom Slayer upwards, and the former doom slayer vanishes in blue light. You immediately assume control of the hologram. No playstyle changes whatsoever.)

Final Smash: The Slayer pulls out the BFG 9000 and fires a green blast, which explodes into a huge burst of green energy with a **** ton of knockback. Almost a guaranteed kill if you are hit with it at point blank.
Screencap this. Remember, July 19. Save the date.
The first leak has Bandana Dee and his Final Smash is the giant ball of Waddle Dees...

I believe it.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Wonder Red? He's not Capcom property. He's from a game developed for the Wii U by Platinum Games. He belongs to Nintendo and Platinum.
Could swear he was Capcom my mistake. Regardless I still don't have a problem with if he makes it in that'll be great.
He's probably confusing him with Viewtiful Joe.
You're right that what happens if you don't eat and absentmindedly type without thinking:)

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Star Fox has a strong history, and it's still relevant. The series has had two (technically three) releases within the past three years, and is crossing over into another series with another company. Miyamoto also claimed that he'll be putting forth more effort into the series going forward, so it isn't dead.

Sales as of late have been lackluster, true. Zero's problems were that it had forced controls, and that it was released on a dying console at the end of it's life cycle. I've no doubt that if they had help off Zero until the Switch for a launch title, with non-gamepad controls, it would've sold very well. I consider Zero a victim of circumstance.

If there was a completely new, fresh start reboot of the Smash series, there's no doubt in my mind we'd see Fox return.
I think you are taking this a bit out of context. When it comes to the OP's expectation of 12 characters and me assuming it would be a complete reset to the series (ex: not taking legacies from the old Smash series into account), I just don't think Star Fox and Fox are up to par.

Every one of these series has history. Most are just as and even more relevant than Star Fox, same with the number of titles. Miyamoto has always been putting more effort into Star Fox than it deserved, and look where it is now. That one Ubisoft game might be a step forward, but that game could still bomb, we don't know yet.

Zero is not a victim of circumstance. Bad controls are part of a game, like it or not. It also rehashed the 64 story and didn't look too good graphically. It's also not really fair to give Zero a pass when other games have been in the same or even worse circumstances. Also, sales are not lackluster "as of late". Adventures was decent but still a major 50-60% drop from 64. And declining ever since. It's been 16 years since Adventures and 21 years since 64, crappy sales have been consistent for decades now.

I'm not trying to be rude, a few other choices for the OP's 12-character reboot in 10-15 years seem spotty as well, but Fox really stood out to me. Why Fox/Star Fox over franchises that are just better in terms of relevancy and performance currently like Xenoblade, FE, Splatoon, Third-Parties, or another Pokemon? Basically, if the Smash series didn't exist until now and had (around) 64's roster size, I would not expect Fox.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
C'mon!!! I want one of these leaks to mention Boshi, then I would declare these leakers TRUE ****lords!!!
Oh wow speak of the devil I found this thread that I made in my latest hunt
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422619382
My gruncle works for Nintendo and he told me Boshi is gonna be in the Samsh Bros game. He's an Echo of Yoshi.

Believe me guys this is real.

I totally didn't make this. Nope. Definitely not.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let’s play a little game, choose your most wanted newcomer from each series:

Mario:
Yoshi:
Wario:
Donkey Kong:
Zelda:
Metroid:
Fire Emblem:
Kirby:
Star Fox:
Pokémon:
F-Zero:
Earthbound:
Pikmin:
Kid Icarus:
Animal Crossing:
Punch Out!:
Xenoblade:
Splatoon:
Retro:
Other:
SEGA:
Capcom:
Namco:
Square Enix:
Konami:

For me I’d do this:
Mario: Captain Toad
Yoshi: Kamek
Wario: Ashley
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
Zelda: Tetra
Metroid: Dark Samus
Fire Emblem: Lyndis
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Star Fox: Slippy or Krystal
Pokémon: Zoroark
F-Zero: Jody Summer
Earthbound: Kumatora
Pikmin: Alph
Kid Icarus: Viridi
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook or Isabelle
Punch Out!: Doc Lois
Xenoblade: Fiora
Splatoon: Octolings
Retro: Takamaru
Other: Chorus Kids
SEGA: Arle Nadja
Capcom: Chun-Li
Namco: Lloyd
Square Enix: Geno
Konami: Bomberman

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh wow speak of the devil I found this thread that I made in my latest hunt
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422619382
My gruncle works for Nintendo and he told me Boshi is gonna be in the Samsh Bros game. He's an Echo of Yoshi.

Believe me guys this is real.

I totally didn't make this. Nope. Definitely not.
Zinith, what are your thoughts on this?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Cutting the roster down to ~30 characters max is probably the worst thing you could do at this point in the series no matter how you slice it.

Only bad will come from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom