• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's just she follows a lot of basic rules of "cute" character design:
-Big Eyes
-Light/Cute Voice
-Wants friends (in japan)
-Character is composed of simple shapes that can easily be drawn and understood by fans
-Young Girl who has issues with social interaction
-Twist is her magical properties which set her apart

I think she would be a fun smash character, question is if warioware can get another rep or not.
Also being publicly acknowledged by Sakurai is a bonus for any character.

Shroob

Sup?
It's just she follows a lot of basic rules of "cute" character design:
-Big Eyes
-Light/Cute Voice
-Wants friends (in japan)
-Character is composed of simple shapes that can easily be drawn and understood by fans
-Young Girl who has issues with social interaction
-Twist is her magical properties which set her apart

I think she would be a fun smash character, question is if warioware can get another rep or not.
I would say yes, but at the same time, I'm very cautious about Assist Trophies.

Unless there's an actual hint that it could be happening, like Dark Samus, we really can't say for certain since, we're still missing roughly half of the AT roster.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Sackboy Would Be Great For Smash but there's one Problem.

Sony and Nintendo are Rivals making Sackboy Even Harder to Put him in Plus he is a Playstation Character.

One More thing:Sackboy is Confirmed in Playstation All Star Royale Battle Making Him Impossible
Try joining the discussion instead of constantly suggesting new ones. Just trust me on this one. I don't think anyone here cares about Madden of all things.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Whoever said that Ashley isn't very likely is definitely underestimating her. She's had TONS of badges in the Nintendo Badge Arcade in different styles and such, unlike all of the other Warioware characters that aren't Wario himself:
IMG_0774.JPG

This is just the very tip of the iceberg. Plus, she's also playable in Super Mario Maker to boot.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I would say yes, but at the same time, I'm very cautious about Assist Trophies.

Unless there's an actual hint that it could be happening, like Dark Samus, we really can't say for certain since, we're still missing roughly half of the AT roster.
We just get excited to see one of our favorites who happens to be popular not deconfirmed like a lot of other popular characters were at E3. Obviously it wasn't the final build with everything in it but it's exciting to survive the first wave.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Come on guys, you're better than this. :reverse:

chris.png

Last edited:

Playcube

Smash Cadet
If Gyarados is In Smash Bros Here's its Special Moveset

Up Special:Surf

Down Special:Dragon Dance

Side Special:Dragon Tail

Middle Special:Roar

Final Smash:Mega Gyarados

I Know many People Think this a Stupid Idea.But this is My Dream Character

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Mrs. Pac Man is definitely a problem IP wise. Simply put, the issue is (and I think I saw someone else mention this while I was browsing this thread) that Namco didn't create the character, their North American distributors Bally Midway did, and they took the core game from a student project called "Crazy Otto" which they purchased. A major problem that arose over time that eventually resulted in a court case that effectively toppled Bally Midway was that they were repeatedly coming up with unauthorized sequels. In hindsight it's easy to see why: Namco's Pac-Man sequels were each incredibly different from each other, like Super Pac-Man and Pac & Pal, with very different mechanics that moved away from the "formula" the first game created. It is very important to note that Namco begrudgingly made Mrs. Pac-Man an "official" entry in the series due to its overwhelming popularity, but they still were trying to do very different things in their sequels at this same time. In NA, this was not well received so Bally Midway created more samey sequels/upgrade kits like Pac-Man Plus, Jr. Pac-Man and even an arcade/pinball hybrid called/starring Baby Pac-Man (oh yes, and Professor Pac-Man). However these actions were never sanctioned by Namco, and they were (for better or for worse) successful at revoking the license.

That said Namco has had a very inconsistent history with the characters Bally Midway created. Indeed, Mrs. Pac-Man, Jr. Pac-Man, Baby Pac-Man and even Professor Pac-Man have appeared in licensed titles over the years. This was especially prevalent in the late 1990's-early 2000's with the Infograms licensed PC games and Namco's own Pac-Man World series. However, the original Bally Midway arcade games have very rarely been reissued by Namco. Mrs. Pac-Man is a lone exception due to its popularity and "official" status, but even then it is often an unlockable (or these days, separately paid for) in official Namco arcade collections.

What this means is that Mrs. Pac-Man is not an impossibility, especially if Namco were pushed hard enough, but it's not exactly a period of their history they look fondly on (a licensee beating them in NA and culminating in a lawsuit), and the nature of the character's creation means that there may be additional license stipulations that make her inclusion in Smash difficult to achieve.
Yea I don't know where people are getting this Namco doesn't own her idea...she had a rocky past with lawsuits but so did Donkey Kong with King Kong. Not only that but she's already been in a Mario crossover game with that Mario Kart arcade game. She's really not impossible. Not saying she's gunna happen, but her past isn't really a reason against her.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I personally never found the appeal of Warioware (Though I kinda despise Wario with a burning passion) so I'd probably not be that hyped over Ashley if she was included. But if she really is that big in Japan and she really does get added, good on her and the fans that wanted her, as long as someone's happy, it's all good.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sega owns everything Bayo 1, Nintendo owns everything Bayo 2 and 3.

So essentially Sega owns her past, Nintendo owns her future.
Sega owns the IP. That's the important distinction. It's a bit like how Disney doesn't own the rights to the original Star Wars movie, and never will unless that Fox deal goes through, even though they own the IP now. I believe Nintendo owns the Bayonetta 2 game, but it's with the important caveat that they can only actual sell it with permission from Sega. You know how it took decades to get a dvd release of the old Batman TV show? It's because Fox owned the show but not the IP, and WB owned the IP but not the show, and they could never get along.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I personally never found the appeal of Warioware (Though I kinda despise Wario with a burning passion) so I'd probably not be that hyped over Ashley if she was included. But if she really is that big in Japan and she really does get added, good on her and the fans that wanted her, as long as someone's happy, it's all good.
I loved Warioware D.I.Y.
But mostly because I could do my own minigames, so I connected all my minigames and make a small game, each minigame was a stage and there were bosses...
Man, that was a fun game.

Playcube

Smash Cadet
How Long Will the Ashley Discussion Lasts it's So Amazing in Fact there Should be a Thread to Talk About this

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
5ch's most requested newcomers (pre-E3) are apparently

Ashley
Lip
Viridi
and Midna

see if you can spot the commonality, lol.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
QUESTION

I've never seen anyone around here wanting the presence of Online Game characters in Smash Bros.
What would be your opinion if characters from Games like:

Ragnarok Online (MMORPG)
League of Legends (MOBA)

Enter Smash Bros as TPs?
I think these are types of Games not yet represented, and that already has a great story.

Well Monolith Soft is currently working on an MMORPG? So I would assume if any online game gets rep, it would be a character from that game as DLC later on.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I suppose I'm kinda a weirdo but I didn't play Wario's other series till after playing and enjoying WarioWare. I do think it introduced a lot of people to Wario and when talking about him as a spin-off you either can really talk about Syrup or the huge cast of WarioWare. So WarioWare sort of has the edge there?
Honestly I always felt it was a shame Syrup and Waluigi didn't get included in later WarioWare titles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Ashley
Lip
Viridi
and Midna

I mean I'm not gonna jump to...certain conclusions, but still. Yikes.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think if Dark Samus is an Echo Fighter, it means there's more of a possibility that Samus from Smash 4 has her hitboxes fixed.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Ashley
Lip
Viridi
and Midna

Funny enough, I actually do feel like there's a lack of young-girl smash bros fighters in the roster.
When you look at the young-boy smash bros fighters, you got:
Young Link, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas, ARGUABLY Inkling, and ARGUABLY Pit/Dark Pit, and ARGUABLY Pokemon Trainer are the young boys of the smash bros roster.
Inkling and pokemon trainer are the only "young girl" smash bros characters, and even then do they actually count?

But then again, there's also a lack of Black/African American smash bros fighters (Ganon, Black olimar alt, and...?), but there's not really any major nintendo characters (aside from Doc Louis, Elma, and maybe Anthony Higgs) who would fit that role really well.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
This list might seem a little troll but this is a list I made for playable characters I wanted to see in Smash Ultimate. Hoping maybe that one more of these makes it into the game.
Doesn't seem trolly at all, plenty of us have pipe dream characters that we really wanna see in the game. I know there's at least one other person here who would love to see Reimu in Smash someday too, can't remember who it was though. That aside though, the majority of these characters have fair chances to get into the game, Heihachi could be a second Namco rep like Ryu was for Capcom, Marx is a popular choice for a Kirby newcomer that isn't BWD, Akuma could be an echo fighter of Ryu, etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Btw I don't have a source for that, just crossposting from resetera, so take it with a grain of salt.

It sounds right though. It's Japan and it's 5ch. xP

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
One of the main reasons i want Ashley in Smash is because we'll most likely get a newcomer poster by Ko Takeuchi. (Coincidentally that's also one of the reasons i want a Rhythm Heaven character in smash)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, it's not like Nintendo doesn't make Ashley appeal to that demographic and all.

Her JP theme is diabetes level of sweet.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Ashley
Lip
Viridi
and Midna

Can we get a Lip and Ashley dual reveal trailer where they're a magical girl duo and all the other characters just stand there dumbfounded?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The one of the main reasons i want Ashley in Smash is because we'll most likely get a newcomer poster by Ko Takeuchi. (Coincidentally that's also one of the reasons i want a Rhythm Heaven character in smash)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't get any posters for Ridley, Daisy and Inkling did we? (At least I haven't seen any)

I think that big "Everyone is here" artwork might be replacing that...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I mean, it's not like Nintendo doesn't make Ashley appeal to that demographic and all.
Jesus, I never realized how wack her shoe game was. She's almost Sora tier of clown shoes.

Troykv

Smash Master
This list might seem a little troll but this is a list I made for playable characters I wanted to see in Smash Ultimate. Hoping maybe that one more of these makes it into the game.
For me looks like a very legit want list; every character you put has their own popularity, and all of them are videogame characters :happysheep:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, as someone who knows nothing about Ashley aside from her being Warioware and a Lolita Goth child with a cute voice that clearly is perfect for the Japanese Market, what sort of moveset would she even have in Smash? I'm genuinely curious.

Troykv

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't get any posters for Ridley, Daisy and Inkling did we? (At least I haven't seen any)

I think that big "Everyone is here" artwork might be replacing that...
I don't know about Ridley, but look a this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom