• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
people were talking about echo characters that dont originate from the same game. twintelle as a echo of bayonetta is easily my favoriteidea with a close second being riden from metal gear as a marth echo.
Twintelle as an echo of Bayonetta really wouldn't work because no guns but it would be funny to see lol.

Unfortunately Twintelle can't even be an echo of Springman because their models are too different (different arm placement). :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Twintelle as an echo of Bayonetta makes little sense.

Yes they both have a witch time like mechanic and use their hair as a weapon.

But that's about all they have in common.

dudeitzmeh

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's necessarily a Japan thing moreso than a Nintendo thing. There just aren't that many big Nintendo IP's. It's a company that tends to reuse its popular characters. Most the Nintendo series that do have humanoid characters, tend to include dark skinned characters. Zelda games have the Gerudo. The last few pokemon games have let you choose the skin tone for your trainer. Fire emblem has them aplenty. Smash isn't like other fighting games that can create its own characters to create a diverse pool, it can only really gather them from Nintendo. I wouldn't be happy if a Twintelle was added over Spring Man, the face of the series, on just the basis of her skin tone.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I'm not too late to the Ashley discussion am I?
Because, feast your eyes on your new challanger for Smash.

View attachment 148977
King K Ashley? (this sounds really wrong when read out loud...)

If we got K Rool, I'd honestly hope he has an actual tail. I despise designs of the character without his tail and if he gets in the game without his tail he's going to be literally unplayable (for me). Luckily, I'm pretty sure he'll have a tail if he gets in from the mii costume.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
King K Ashley? (this sounds really wrong when read out loud...)

If we got K Rool, I'd honestly hope he has an actual tail. I despise designs of the character without his tail and if he gets in the game without his tail he's going to be literally unplayable (for me). Luckily, I'm pretty sure he'll have a tail if he gets in from the mii costume.
I call her, Queen Kashley.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I don't think it's necessarily a Japan thing moreso than a Nintendo thing. There just aren't that many big Nintendo IP's. It's a company that tends to reuse its popular characters. Most the Nintendo series that do have humanoid characters, tend to include dark skinned characters. Zelda games have the Gerudo. The last few pokemon games have let you choose the skin tone for your trainer. Fire emblem has them aplenty. Smash isn't like other fighting games that can create its own characters to create a diverse pool, it can only really gather them from Nintendo. I wouldn't be happy if a Twintelle was added over Spring Man, the face of the series, on just the basis of her skin tone.
I'm just gonna comment on this part because it comes up on diversity stuff all the time, but Twintelle would not be getting in because of her skin color. It's a nice bonus, but it would be because she's a popular unique fighter.

Also I doubt she'd get in before Springman but maybe after.

But yea idk why people think these characters are wanted because of their race. I just love my girl Twintelle.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Demo. Confirmed missing costumes prove that it's not all of 'em overall.

Not that the final game can't have 8 costumes per character, but we don't know.

Meta Ridley's absence is notable too. But to be fair, the polygons in the costume might've been buggy.

I'm looking for it still. I remember it earlier being talked about, and even SmashWiki spoke of it, but that's not good enough.

But anyway, just note the lack of the Meta-Ridley costume for strong evidence we're missing costumes from the demo.
Only mention I saw of Fire Mario on SmashWiki was that it was one of the palettes seemingly replaced by either Builder or Wedding Mario.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about Ridley, but look a this.

The art we have is good, but I would really love this to be the cover art.

Shroob

Sup?
Compromise idea:

Instead of Bandana Dee, we get Marx instead.

Marx's home stage becomes Great Cave Offensive, and DeDeDe's becomes Fountain of Dreams.

Troykv

Smash Master
people were talking about echo characters that dont originate from the same game. twintelle as a echo of bayonetta is easily my favoriteidea with a close second being raiden from metal gear as a marth echo.
Twin as Bayonetta Echo? ... Eh, I don't see that working actually.

In fact, I see Micaiah being a Zelda Echo something that works a lot better despite Micaiah being a bit shorter and she being also associated with staves.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
....I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified.
Either way, would main.

On another note, I can't imagine Twintelle as a Bayonetta echo. Like, her performing those moves and it making sense.
Remember, she is Japan Exclusive tho. So, you got to import the game to play.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay seriously though, does anyone have confirmation on the Fire Mario palette?

I can't live in a world where I can't use the Fire Mario Palette anymore.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Until proven otherwise, I'm going on the assumption Ridley is the only character with more than 8 alts.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
people were talking about echo characters that dont originate from the same game. twintelle as a echo of bayonetta is easily my favoriteidea with a close second being raiden from metal gear as a marth echo.
OG Giygas over Mewtwo
Saw this on Twitter and now I'll never be satisfied until it happens.

dudeitzmeh

Smash Rookie
Most Fire Emblem mages could probably be worked as a Zelda Echo. As slim as the chances are, I'd love for Sami to get in as a Snake echo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I love unlockable characters and I'm so glad that we are getting back to earning characters as rewards for playing. But, personally I think it would be appropriate to at least have one character for every IP available from the start (with the exception of third parties and characters like Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt)

I believe players should have an opportunity to play as Villager and Inkling from the start, especially since there would otherwise be no newcomers available from when you originally start up the game.

Despite that, very happy with the character unlock system this game is taking. I was very disappointed that characters like Luigi and Toon Link were made into starters in the 3DS/Wii U game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The:ultinkling:and:ultmiifighters:might be the closest thing to playing African Americans in Smash (also Ultimate icons...yes)

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Blaziken as a Falcon echo. It works just fine.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I meant black as in the context of race, but Game and Watch is technically "Black", just not african american.
There's not too many viable african american candidates for smash bros though unfortunately.
The only black characters legitimate for Smash is Doc Louis and Twintelle. Ganondorf isn't black. Haha Black characters and Smash are nearly incompatible. Like, black characters would stand out in a sense.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
OG Giygas over Mewtwo
Saw this on Twitter and now I'll never be satisfied until it happens.
That is just perfect. I'd rather have an unique Gygas but but if that is the only way he is in, that is enough. And Ninten is a dream I have that may never fulfill.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I mean, of course he would want to use Ashley for getting into Smash
Did you ever think THIS was going to work!?

Waking.png

(Yeah, I think this will be the last I'll do)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still can't believe Pichu is back. Best timeline.
I will laugh if Pikachu fully loses the goggles alt.

And yeah, can't find the Fire Mario thing. Some say they saw it, but no proof.

Right now, we at least have proof of Meta-Ridley, which all it means is that the demo isn't the be-end all of costume confirmations. No more, no less.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How many things and references have you seen of Majora's Mask in your entire life as a Nintendo fan? For example, countdown gifs made for Nintendo Directs on the internet, merchandise, fan-videos, fanart, etc. I am mainly asking this for research purposes. I only have one more analysis to write for the character Skull Kid. Responses would be appreciated. There is just a countless amount of things I have seen from this game that it almost seems infinite.

Shroob

Sup?
How many things and references have you seen of Majora's Mask in your entire life as a Nintendo fan? For example, countdown gifs made for Nintendo Directs on the internet, merchandise, fan-videos, fanart, etc. I am mainly asking this for research purposes. I only have one more analysis to write for the character Skull Kid. Responses would be appreciated. There is just a countless amount of things I have seen from this game that it almost seems infinite.
I think for Nintendo Direct countdowns "Dawn of the Final Day, X hours remain" is almost a necessity.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I love unlockable characters and I'm so glad that we are getting back to earning characters as rewards for playing. But, personally I think it would be appropriate to at least have one character for every IP available from the start (with the exception of third parties and characters like Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt)

I believe players should have an opportunity to play as Villager and Inkling from the start, especially since there would otherwise be no newcomers available from when you originally start up the game.

Despite that, very happy with the character unlock system this game is taking. I was very disappointed that characters like Luigi and Toon Link were made into starters in the 3DS/Wii U game.
That's the best part about smash unlocking characters

You do a a certain thing or # matches in verse then hear that ever famous siren noise with a silhouette of the challenger then beat that character

Sakurai said it's streamlined this time but that's mostly because of 50+ unlockables so it's doesn't take a year to unlock everybody but really I think 1/4 or 1/3 of the characters unlock methods will be close to melee/brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom