• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, he's Jonneh.
Is it true that Resetera mods were "teasing" Ridley in Smash? and if that happened was he one of them?

Because if that is true, doesn't that mean that not only he teased Ridley, but he also was the guy who advocated for Ridley for Smash before his reveal? (that also featured Daisy in that video for no reason outside of a supposed joke)

He also predicted Simon Belmont in this video:

People say that Vergeben saying Ridley was in is not enough reason to believe him because others called him (inlcuding the Resetera people) but here is a Resetera guy calling Simon Belmont in Smash. Did anyone else noticed this?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
How many things and references have you seen of Majora's Mask in your entire life as a Nintendo fan? For example, countdown gifs made for Nintendo Directs on the internet, merchandise, fan-videos, fanart, etc. I am mainly asking this for research purposes. I only have one more analysis to write for the character Skull Kid. Responses would be appreciated. There is just a countless amount of things I have seen from this game that it almost seems infinite.
Well, one of the most referenced things within Majora's Mask outside of the creepy moon, is actually The Happy Mask Salesmann, so you should check into him for research too for the analyse.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
It's kinda....tedious.
Unless you're playing the US version, there's no run button, and it's still VERY grindy.

Also, the final level of the game is unbalanced as all hell, kicking your butt even at max level.
That sounds rough. Is the US version the one on eshop or is it only available through homebrew carts?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
You're definitely talking to the right guy, haha. Yeah, no problem, I'll be sure to let you know how he feels in game.

If you're interested in other opinions, we've got the Wolf Social and Wolf Competitive discussions for you to check out.
I like and I really want to get good with him (cause Up Taunt howl is the best), but his recovery is so limited, also Side Special can be hard to pull off I was wondering what combo leads to finishing with Side B?

Also I think Kat & Ana are a really good choice for a echo character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
*sigh* I wish there were more leaks on characters right about now. Accurate or not, it would be nice to have them so we could at least talk about possible characters more, maybe get an idea on who would be in and such.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is it true that Resetera mods were "teasing" Ridley in Smash? and if that happened was he one of them?

Because if that is true, doesn't that mean that not only he teased Ridley, but he also was the guy who advocated for Ridley for Smash before his reveal? (that also featured Daisy in that video for no reason outside of a supposed joke)

He also predicted Simon Belmont in this video:

People say that Vergeben saying Ridley was in is not enough reason to believe him because others called him (inlcuding the Resetera people) but here is a Resetera guy calling Simon Belmont in Smash. Did anyone else noticed this?
resetera people were teasing Ridley in Smash before the March reveal. It's pretty likely in my opinion that someone got a heads up from somewhere.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I like and I really want to get good with him (cause Up Taunt howl is the best), but his recovery is so limited, also Side Special can be hard to pull off I was wondering what combo leads to finishing with Side B?
Wolf had great recovery options with Wolf Flash and Fire Wolf, but his biggest fault was that he could never grab the damn ledge. Countless times I've fallen right past ledges I was touching.

As for combos, it depends. Game still has a few more months of development time, used to polish and balance. Can't say anything until the game comes out.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
*sigh* I wish there were more leaks on characters right about now. Accurate or not, it would be nice to have them so we could at least talk about possible characters more, maybe get an idea on who would be in and such.
Don't worry. The "leakers" just need some time to come up with a semi-believable scheme, and storytelling for their lies, and then we have something to go by. I'd say a day or so, maybe an hour. It will come, don't worry.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't worry. The "leakers" just need some time to come up with a semi-believable scheme, and storytelling for their lies, and then we have something to go by. I'd say a day or so, maybe an hour. It will come, don't worry.
Thanks, man. Real or fake, I do enjoy speculation about those leaks.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Every day I dig through the trash pile on 4Chan looking for interesting "leaks" (they're all fake), but the last few days hasn't had anything of value. I think 4Chan is kind of sick of talking about Smash and bothering them for leaks.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Haha Black characters and Smash are nearly incompatible. Like, black characters would stand out in a sense.
thats just ridiculous to say. there is no definitive statement to what a "smash character" looks like. we have goddesses, princesses, plumbers, monsters, angels, swordmans, witch, dragon, not-a-dragon, space bounty hunter, doctor, and whatever kirby is. the characters that probably stand out most are bayo and ridley and that doesnt have to do with skin color or gender but size and playstyles respectively. considering there is a dark skinned inkling character and many people consider elma to have a good shot shows people dont agree with that.

also i like to retract that twinetelle as bayo echo pretty bad call on my part. lol.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

While I was listening to SSBU's E3 Main Theme, I found out something pretty cool: the arrangement of the piece contains many elements from past Smash games.
The violin solo at 0:39 is a nod to Melee's Opening Theme, where it also had a violin solo.
The horn instruments could be a nod to the horn instruments in Sm4sh's Main Theme.
Go to 0:52 and pay attention to the violin/string part. You'll hear the melody to Brawl's Main Theme.
This is honestly my favorite theme, and it sounds more epic and less ESPN-like compared to Sm4sh's.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah, when it comes to a new Kirby character, I'm surprised that people bring up Bandana Dee soo much more than Marx.

Yeah, Bandana Dee is basically one of the Main 4 in the series now, but we're all kind of forgetting something.

Outside of Final Smashes, when it comes to Kirby, Sakurai is hella biased about what Kirby stuff gets in.

I mean, how many Kirby stages do we have in all the Smash games combined that take place after Superstar Saga?

Marx was basically Sakurai's big 'villian' for Kirby, and unlike Dark Matter, could very easily be made into a character. Hell, the last game had a playable Marx with correct proportions who still had his Nova-Powers attached.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

While I was listening to SSBU's E3 Main Theme, I found out something pretty cool: the arrangement of the piece contains many elements from past Smash games.
The violin solo at 0:39 is a nod to Melee's Opening Theme, where it also had a violin solo.
The horn instruments could be a nod to the horn instruments in Sm4sh's Main Theme.
Go to 0:52 and pay attention to the violin/string part. You'll hear the melody to Brawl's Main Theme.
This is honestly my favorite theme, and it sounds more epic and less ESPN-like compared to Sm4sh's.
Cool how I wasn’t just hearing things and they’re actually there

UserKev

Smash Champion
thats just ridiculous to say. there is no definitive statement to what a "smash character" looks like. we have goddesses, princesses, plumbers, monsters, angels, swordmans, witch, dragon, not-a-dragon, space bounty hunter, doctor, and whatever kirby is. the characters that probably stand out most are bayo and ridley and that doesnt have to do with skin color or gender but size and playstyles respectively. considering there is a dark skinned inkling character and many people consider elma to have a good shot shows people dont agree with that.

also i like to retract that twinetelle as bayo echo pretty bad call on my part. lol.
Not appearance. Personality. Black characters have strong personalities that appeals beyond Smash. Doc Louis is already the perfect representation of AA's in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But yeah, when it comes to a new Kirby character, I'm surprised that people bring up Bandana Dee soo much more than Marx.

Yeah, Bandana Dee is basically one of the Main 4 in the series now, but we're all kind of forgetting something.

Outside of Final Smashes, when it comes to Kirby, Sakurai is hella biased about what Kirby stuff gets in.

I mean, how many Kirby stages do we have in all the Smash games combined that take place after Superstar Saga?

Marx was basically Sakurai's big 'villian' for Kirby, and unlike Dark Matter, could very easily be made into a character. Hell, the last game had a playable Marx with correct proportions who still had his Nova-Powers attached.
I just wanted 02 as a boss and nothing more. :4pacman: I'm not bothered with who daddy sakurai wants to put in as a Kirby rep.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I know next to nothing about Kirby as a series but after looking Marx up I just think about the argument against Lycanroc.

Marx doesn't have arms. How would he hold items? Would he fly or permanently be on a ball? What happens to the ball when he jumps? Bandana Dee seems way less complicated to add and I've seen more support for him by far.

Shroob

Sup?
I know next to nothing about Kirby as a series but after looking Marx up I just think about the argument against Lycanroc.

Marx doesn't have arms. How would he hold items? Would he fly or permanently be on a ball? What happens to the ball when he jumps? Bandana Dee seems way less complicated to add and I've seen more support for him by far.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net.../Marx-0.png/revision/latest?cb=20180309161514

But Marx does indeed have arms.

They're more Wings, but Ivysaur can make do with appendages that aren't arms.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Since Alph didn't get the Echo Fighter treatment nor made into a unique fighter,
do you think Olimar/Alph getting the Bowser Jr treatment and adding all of the other Captains is more likely now,
potentially including ones from the fabled Pikmin 4, you know, since that game has been supposedly "done" long enough for Sakurai to know about it...?

There are what, 6 currently? (Not to name them, if one is a potential spoiler)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Everytime a person says the word ''bias" in this community, a puppy and a kitty die.

Please think of the puppies and kitties.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Everytime a person says the word ''bias" in this community, a puppy and a kitty die.

Don't worry, I would never use the word "bias"- *a puppy and kitty die* Oops! My bad, well from here on, it won't happen again.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, when it comes to Kirby, it's hard to not see it.

Every stage that we've ever gotten has been based on effectively three games, being Dreamland, Superstar and Adventure, and outside of Final Smashes, we've never really had anything new for the franchise in Smash.

Which is fine though, since Kirby WAS Sakurai's series, after all, it only makes sense that he'd want to envision the series how he'd do it.

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
There is no such thing as Sakurai Bias, but Marx still has a solid chance at being added for Smash DLC:

~ Marx is on par with Bandanna Dee for Smash Requests. (after Star Allies came out anyways.)
~ Marx is an actual Kirby villain, something that we don't have yet. (Dedede is NOT a villain FYI.)
~ Marx has moveset potential that probably dwarfs nearly any other Nintendo character, he's easily the best Kirby character for a moveset. (name me someone else that can use Black Holes, Laser Beams, Plants, Arrow Storms, Balls, Blades, Splitting in Half and Ice Bombs.)
~ Marx does not conflict with Bandanna Dee, Ban Dee is a shoe-in for base while Marx is a shoe-in for DLC, they're not in each other's way.
I personally would be surprised (and disheartened) if we didn't get Marxy Boi for DLC.

(Also am i allowed to post a 'Top 10 most likely characters' in this thread or does that go elsewhere?)

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
That stings. :sadeyes:

:4pikachu: vs :052:
:pt: vs :4mewtwo:

That's how it should be. :urg:
Um, I watched most of the gen 1 anime and while it is pretty fuzzy in my head, Pikachu and Meowth were never rivals.

Meowth hasn't been a threat at least since Gen 1 and even that may not be harsh enough. Pikachu has always been stronger than it. Rivalry implies threat or challenge. Meowth has never been either unless you want to count those machines at the end of each episode. (I don't)

Also I'm not saying this as a Mimikyu supporter. I'm just saying I've never thought of Meowth as a rival to Pikachu.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Looking forward to these stages appearing in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • New Donk City
  • 3D World
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Super Mario Land
  • Dr. Mario
  • Grassland Groove
  • Great Plateau
  • Flipping Island
  • Resolution Road
  • Alola Pokemon League
  • Azurda
  • Moray Towers
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Excitebike Stadium
  • Brain Age
  • Snipperclips
  • Pinball
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Meta Crystal
  • Battlefield (64)
  • Final Destination (64)
And every other past stage. I wouldn't mind seeing third party stages for series that don't have characters, like Tetris or Minecraft.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Um, I watched most of the gen 1 anime and while it is pretty fuzzy in my head, Pikachu and Meowth were never rivals.

Meowth hasn't been a threat at least since Gen 1 and even that may not be harsh enough. Pikachu has always been stronger than it. Rivalry implies threat or challenge. Meowth has never been either unless you want to count those machines at the end of each episode. (I don't)

Also I'm not saying this as a Mimikyu supporter. I'm just saying I've never thought of Meowth as a rival to Pikachu.
Team Rocket were the central antagonists of the anime series, and Meowth is the closest we have.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
~ Marx is an actual Kirby villain, something that we don't have yet. (Dedede is NOT a villain FYI.)
Okay, While fans love this concept of adding villains. It's pretty clear that Sakurai doesn't care about that, so being a villain has no effect on his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom