• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Since others are posting their predictions:

• All return plus ICs, Snake and Wolf
  • Simon Belmont
  • Bomberman (this is more hope than prediction)
  • Minecraft Steve
  • Master Chief (if they're partnering with MC then...)
  • Banjo & Kazooie (same logic)
Went out there for it to stand out more and be less 'predictable'. Fully expect to get 2 of those at best.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Like I said earlier, do not get your hopes up for Ridley being in. You may only end up with disappointment.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Indeed it is

I hope Rool joins his reptilian pirate brother from the stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm wondering if I should watch Etika's stream. On one hand, his reactions are priceless, on the other hand, if they actually say something important I won't be able to hear it.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
This tuesday is both the smash 5 coverage at e3 and also my local smash weekly. It must be fate.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

This was mentioned last night, but the video was never posted.

What do you guys think of this theory?
Watched them do this live last night. Uhhh... oddly plausible, but not likely?

You could say the same thing of the elusive SCVI trailer + release date that has been teased. I would cry if we got a Switch port w/ BotW Link.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
One thousand, five-hundred and thirty-four pages. Incredible.

Decided to check out this thread again on Smash 5 day.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm keeping my expectations in check by telling myself that the only newcomers we'll see are Steenee and a FE16 clone character.

Walk into E3 expecting nothing and you'll be blown away by the simplest reveals.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm keeping my expectations in check by telling myself that the only newcomers we'll see are Steenee and a FE16 clone character.

Walk into E3 expecting nothing and you'll be blown away by the simplest reveals.
Its always prudent to check your expectations & emotional investment before going into any conference. Hype culture ends up putting a lot more into the anticipation than the actual reveals.

That's half of E3 anyway. Look how the inverse worked well for Microsoft & poorly for Sony this year.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
You say that like it's a joke but people reallllly believed that back in the day haha

Outside of Ridley, I'm predicting 3 (yes, 3) new third party guests revealed as playable and if Vergeben's sources pull through that Minecraft content to just turn out to be a stage.

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna quote the prediction I posted on RTC.
I predict that Pikachu, Kirby, DK, Marth, Samus, Villager, Fox, and Bowser will be officially confirmed to return, and at least 2 newcomers would be announced, one of which would be a third party.
A December release date might also be confirmed.
I know it's vague but it's a pretty safe bet nonetheless. I wish I saw more of these in this website.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It would be cool if they had a CG trailer that featured Mario and 6 previous 3rd party characters fighting each other and we see a new 3rd party character step in and it cuts to gameplay with all the characters facing each other in an 8 Player Smash.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dream reveal is Ridley, but if I had to go futher, it'd be...

Ridley, Mimikyu, Custom Robo rep, and Bomberman.

I'll be extremely happy with just Ridley, though.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
ughhhh i'm so anxious about this whole thing. the same two characters have been at the top of my wishlist for about ten years, and now that one of them seems to finally have a chance i worry they're gonna do something stupid with him. ridley's inclusion, and more importantly *how* he's included, could honestly make or break this E3 for me.

rid me of this dread.png

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Friendly reminder that Vergen Fake or no fake, we probably wont be seeing more than 4 newcomers (counting cut vets as newcomers)

lets meet at the end of times.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
By the way, I think Nintendo will make us suffer a little more and show Smash only at the end of the conference.

They'll probably show Metroid, announce a couple new games (Bayonetta 3? Maybe? Please? Also a new Fire Emblem game), maybe even show some gameplay of the Donkey Kong + Rabbids DLC and that StarLink game with Fox McCloud in it. Only then, they'll show us what we're waiting for.
Of course, it's only right. I guess that no one would really listen to the conference if they showed Smash too early, everyone's mind would be already blown up. :p

?????????????

Smash Master
Good luck everyone! My long-time wish for Little Mac came true in the last Smash game. I hope your dreams come true too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It is almost time friends.....
Now I came back... just in time.

Now gonna go back and check as much as I can to see any interesting speculation.

For me, any new Smash Bros character is good for me at this point.

I'm also curious if the new Smash Bros Switch game will have a new title or not.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Is anyone expecting them to show Fire Emblem today? I'd really love to see the game but we haven't even seen an image from the game yet. I hope it doesn't get delayed.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, here we are.
It begins today. I can't wait to see it!
Is anyone expecting them to show Fire Emblem today? I'd really love to see the game but we haven't even seen an image from the game yet. I hope it doesn't get delayed.
I hope so, I've been wanting to see what the new Fire Emblem has in store.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So long as they don't touch the territory of my concept project. :p

I'm prolly excited about finally seeing how different it is 2nd up to my Smash hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom