• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Is anyone expecting them to show Fire Emblem today? I'd really love to see the game but we haven't even seen an image from the game yet. I hope it doesn't get delayed.
I'd love to, and hopefully it will be more than just a frame image or a cinematic trailer.
I want to see those juicy tactics. :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: we've made it all the way here. After 3 months of speculation and 2 and a half years of waiting since the end of 2015, we're finally going to get to see what this new Smash has in store for us! It's interesting: today also happens to be my birthday, which somehow managed to fall on this day. I suppose this will be a pretty darn awesome birthday gift, huh?

As for my personal wants, I'm hoping to see either K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Rex/Pyra, or Rayman as an extra. If even one of these guys get in, that would be wonderful.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Just an hour and a half to go..I can't believe it has been five years since I saw the first Smash 4 trailer.

My predictions for the newcomers shown are the following:
Simon
Ridley
Captain Toad
Buzzwole
Rex
Isabelle
Geno(Shown After Invitational)

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I understand the disdain of more FE newcomers, but as fan myself i really want Alm, at least as an alt costume, his design is just so cool, but the possibilities of that are very slim.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Well guys: we've made it all the way here. After 3 months of speculation and 2 and a half years of waiting since the end of 2015, we're finally going to get to see what this new Smash has in store for us! It's interesting: today also happens to be my birthday, which somehow managed to fall on this day. I suppose this will be a pretty darn awesome birthday gift, huh?
Well happy birthday there man!

EDIT: So...close for Smash. I'm really feeling it.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think I'll be signing off for now.

Good luck everyone! If your favorite character doesn't get revealed today, then at the very least, I hope it doesn't take a spot in the deconfirmed characters thread. Here's to hoping for the best batch of newcomers we've ever had.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Is anyone expecting them to show Fire Emblem today? I'd really love to see the game but we haven't even seen an image from the game yet. I hope it doesn't get delayed.
In the annual financial report, it was said to be 2018. This new Nintendo has done a really good job of staying on time so I doubt it'll be delayed. I expect a trailer without gameplay and a larger blowout closer to a winter release. Really interested to see if this goes the BOTW/Odyssey route of kinda reinventing the franchise.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That leak with the intro splash screen got removed. Guess that's real, then.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if after all this time i turns out to be a port im taking someones eye out

not really ill just be slightly disappointed

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I'm preparing myself for anything that happens, rather than potential disappointment that a "leak" is not real. Either way, I REALLY can't wait for it to finally start, today's been going by at a snail's pace so far, though.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'll try to lower my expectations as much humanly possible. But man I just can't wait to see what E3 finally has in store for us.

They better show Prime 4 now, goddammit, I've waited 8 years for this, they better deliver!
Oh yeah, and Ridley. But that goes without saying at this point.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I personally don’t care about him, but I want him in so this non-stop tease game and constant drama can finally be over.

Last edited:

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Time to go out and buy some beers to celebrate this Nintendo Direct.

I'm gonna be honest, when Sakurai said brawl would be the final Smash (pun intended) I never imagined we'd be getting a smash 5! Yet here we are, 1 hour from the big reveal, and I couldn't be any more HYPED

I honestly will not be dissapointed with the roster at all, i'm just happy we're getting another smash, anything additional is icing on the cake.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
In the annual financial report, it was said to be 2018. This new Nintendo has done a really good job of staying on time so I doubt it'll be delayed. I expect a trailer without gameplay and a larger blowout closer to a winter release. Really interested to see if this goes the BOTW/Odyssey route of kinda reinventing the franchise.
I don't know, it's my second most anticipated game this year, but we all thought it'd be at that spring direct. Here's to hoping.

Time to go out and buy some beers to celebrate this Nintendo Direct.

I'm gonna be honest, when Sakurai said brawl would be the final Smash (pun intended) I never imagined we'd be getting a smash 5! Yet here we are, 1 hour from the big reveal, and I couldn't be any more HYPED

I honestly will not be dissapointed with the roster at all, i'm just happy we're getting another smash, anything additional is icing on the cake.
LOL Everytime Sakurai says that he plays with my heart. Like the big sucker I am, I actually believe him and get sad at no new Smash Bros in the future. I even thought this would be a port of Wii U because I thought Wii U would be his last one, but lo and behold, Sakurai's about to deliver the goods once again. Bless that man.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Just popping in to say godspeed, everybody! In a mere hour, we'll finally be enlightened on this game. Though, I'll still kind of miss this mystique of knowing nothing...
See you on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom