• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Anyone else thinking that this "disappointment" is code speak for "No Metroid Prime 4 stuff"?

Cause I already expected that. Can't be disappointed by something you don't think is coming.
I mean, we're already getting Smash so I can't be too disappointed, but Prime 4 is really the only other already announced thing that I'm super excited for. Not a big Pokemon or Yoshi fan. I'm not counting on it, but a little more info would be nice.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Anyone else thinking that this "disappointment" is code speak for "No Metroid Prime 4 stuff"?

Cause I already expected that. Can't be disappointed by something you don't think is coming.
It seems super subjective to me. There's tons of other stuff that I'm excited for that I'm confident is going to be in the presentation. Even if most of that stuff doesn't make it, it's just more time for Smash which is great in and of itself.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
What if the Smash trailer is the same we've seen in March, but the silhouettes are no longer hidden? :troll:

D

Deleted member

I've already expressed my opinion on "leaks" and "rumors" before, but I guess it won't hurt to repeat myself...
dont put any stock.jpg

I advise everyone to do the same,

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The waiting hurts even more than yesterday

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm going to be a the school while this direct isn't on the air but best of luck

I hope Ridley speculation war comes to a close

My body is ready for either way

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, it's almost that time again.
Cherish this experience while it lasts because we might not get another announcement of this caliber for a very, very long time after this.
BRING ON SMASH FOR SWITCH!

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Whatever happens, it has been a blast being present for this speculation period and participating to some extent. Best wishes for all, hope you get what you want!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Man, after Ridley's status took so long to be revealed for both Brawl and Sm4sh, it's hard to imagine the possibility we could know so early this time around. Here's to hoping he gets announced in a few hours!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

This is a time that comes once every couple of years and is the holiest of holy days for Smashers around the globe. We eagerly wait for Jolly St Sakurai to come fill our consoles full of Smash goodness while emptying our wallets at the same time. The joys of characters getting announced, the salt of favorites being deconfirmed, the groans of apparent one step forwards and two steps back, the “I never saw that coming” blindside reaction videos that created an entire new YouTube genre, and the eventual launch to much acclaim and the gradual decrease in speculative interest until the next day Smashmas comes to town.

I’m turning in for the night but I’m looking forward to my proverbial Smash Tree chocked full of greatness when I wake up in the morning. May I have dreams of Ridley’s and Master Chief’s, Decidueyes, and Elma’s dancing about in my head tonight.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm hoping this will spawn a proper speculation era: Pic of the Day returning and so on. The direct information will be a much needed breath of fresh air, but I don't want this place to turn around in circles around it for a few months :p

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
It's funny to think that the amount of time between today's official unveiling and the game's launch could be shorter than the one between Smash 4's E3 debut and the Rosalina trailer. That was a good six months.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So since we're 3 HOURS away from the direct, I figured I'd post my alternate Kirby moveset, considering that it'll be invalidated soon. I don't think he needs a major overhaul, but I would like to see the specials.

Jab Combo: Same

Up-Tilt: Leaf Uppercut. Taken from the Leaf copy ability from Kirby’s Return to Dream Land, Kirby does a quick uppercut using a pile of leaves, visually similar to Bayo’s Smashes. It’s very quick, but quite low in knockback.

Side Tilt: Broom Clean. Kirby uses a broom from the long forgotten Clean copy ability from KDL3. He swipes in front of him. It has low damage but has a windbox

Down Tilt: Balloon Burst. Kirby brings Triple Deluxe’s Circus to town! He makes a balloon and inflates it until it pops. Like in TD, it can change shape, though it has no impact on damage.

Dash Attack: Burning Dash. From more games than I can count, Fire’s dash attack/ Burning’s attack returns from Melee! It functions just as it does in the games, sending Kirby quite a bit further forward and dealing some Fire damage to whoever it hits.

Neutral Air: Twinkle Star. Same

Front/Back Air: Freezer Sparkle. From Ice Kirby’s midair attack in most Kirby Games, Kirby spews snow around him and spins rapidly. At higher percents it can freeze.

Up Air: Needle Stab. Coming from the rather forgettable Needle copy ability, Kirby stabs at the air above him.

Down Air: Stone. Near 1-to-1 his old Down-B from midair.

Up Smash: Geyser. Taken From Water from RTDL, it has a long hitbox right above Kirby.

Side Smash: Hammer. Similar to his old Side-Special, it does a lot of damage but has large lag.

Down Smash: Mirror Split: Mirror Kirby from Super Star and Robobot’s signature attack. Kirby has two Mirror images appear on both sides to deal damage. There’s decent range as well as invincibility frames while attacking

Neutral-B: Inhale. Changing this would be insane

Side B: Poison Ride. Using the Poison ability from Robobot, Kirby rides around on a Toxic pile of sludge like in Sonic’s Spin Dash, Yoshi's Egg Ride, and similar attacks. It’s slower than those attacks, but it leaves behind puddles of poison that deal damage.

Up B: Missile. Using the aforementioned Missile ability from Amazing Mirror, Kirby turns into a Missile in what can only be described as a supercharged variant of Villager’s Up B. Missile Kirby can dart around the stage quite easily, but he’s very difficult to control and he has no brakes.

Down B: Unstable Formula. Using the Doctor Copy ability from Robobot, Kirby starts to make a potion, randomly selected from four. It takes a few seconds to charge, but after that he can use it whenever. The fire one does the most damage, but has the smallest hitbox. The ice one has a larger hitbox and can Freeze, but deals less damage. The Electric one has 4 projectiles fall out of the bottle. Each projectile goes far, but does less damage. An opponent can get hit by multiple projectiles, if they touch all 4 it’s almost as much damage as the fire attack. The healing potion appears very infrequently, but heals 30%.

Final Smash: Hypernova. Using the Hypernova ability that debuted in Triple Deluxe, Kirby turns a rainbow color and starts inhaling rapidly, attempting to consume anything "close" to him (Close is about half of Palutena's Temple). If Kirby inhales someone, they take a lot of damage. Afterwards, Kirby spits out a giant star, which gets bigger depending on how many things he inhaled.

Zeox

Smash Champion
And after the E3 direct, there will probably be a treehouse stream, so that means even more information about this smash.

D

Deleted member

Predictions that I shall call a leak if they come true
-Ridley
-Rayman
-Mimikyu
-Saltlord aka FE character

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know this is a little random, but I'm really excited to see what Zelda looks like in this new Smash. BotW was probably my favorite portrayal of the character, and I can't wait to see what design they went with.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ok i'm calling it now, Smash 5 is probably gonna be delayed.
This will depend on how far it is into development. Since it has a playable build I'd say the chances of that decrease significantly. Depends if Sakurai and his team run out of time for special features like a mode or a last minute character addition he didn't want to pass up o (aka: Brawl in a nutshell)

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman

If you want to be dramaticaly hyped for the countdown listen to this !
I really feel in less than 3 hours the world's gonna end, the internet will break
Stay strong !

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
It really hasn't sunken in what I'm about to watch. This is going to be the longest three hours ever.

Cin726

Smash Cadet
Final character wish list before the big event (alphabetical order):

Geno
King Boo
King K. Rool
Ridley or Sylux
Samurai Goroh
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Wolf

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Is everyone an hour back or something? There's 2 hours and a half to go.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm hoping this will spawn a proper speculation era: Pic of the Day returning and so on. The direct information will be a much needed breath of fresh air, but I don't want this place to turn around in circles around it for a few months :p
Without Miiverse, the Pic of the Day could just be wishful thinking.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Without Miiverse, the Pic of the Day could just be wishful thinking.
Switch news feed or just use the official website (Dojo boys!).

Doesn't even need to be dojo like. The website got the potd just without the caption.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Now that the day as come, I'm actually glad we didn't get any photo/video leaks, it's gonna be surprising whatever happens, even if some textleak are confirmed people will loose their mind !

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope we get some first-party reveals. I have a weird feeling that we'll only get third parties this E3 for some stupid reason. Since Sonic and Mega Man are both in the game, I'm not interested in anything third-party, so some first party stuff would make me happy.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
okay guys lets see if any of us can do a gematsu

My "Unlikely" Predictions

Ridley
Captain Toad