• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don’t have much against Minecraft considering I’ve spent hundreds of hours playing all those super in-depth mods that add magic and industry, but...Minecraft and its characters are all hideously ugly. The art style is awful and Steve especially is an unappealing design. Even skins that add in characters like Samus and Ash Williams don’t help much because the art style is so horrid.

I hope representation is minimal, the bishounen virus is enough.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm kind of sad that song became a meme...
It’s a really ****ing good song and I’m kind of sad it took until I watched JoJo to hear it.

Smash and JoJo are a lot alike. I’m waiting to hear about the fifth part that’s not going to be nearly as good as I hope it will be!

(Gio my boy tho)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Found this image on the SG Discord. Apparently, one of the top Pokemon anime animators (Maasaki Iwane) drew this drawing of Steve fighting Bewear:

Very interesting.
Not a fan of Minecraft but that’s pretty damn cool I must say.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"X" Story is a mobile game/Web-browser game that is Looosely connected to the main story and the "main stuff" is basically lore that was put in the Compilation with a X movie to recap the really important stuff
0.2 is a port of DDD with an hour "proof of concept" gameplay of KHIII, would it be really considered as main games in the series?
0.2 isn't a port, II.8 has a port of DDD and 0.2. There's enough story and plot revelations in 0.2 to classify it as a main entry imo.

I also use to think X was just some extra world building but the connections back to the main story have become numerous enough and some fairly significant, so I'd also consider it a main entry.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It’s a really ****ing good song and I’m kind of sad it took until I watched JoJo to hear it.

Smash and JoJo are a lot alike. I’m waiting to hear about the fifth part that’s not going to be nearly as good as I hope it will be!

(Gio my boy tho)
And the second part is even the favourite of a lot of people in both case :yeahboi:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The only thing I hope is that regardless of which way the leak goes we all be civil. Whether Ridley gets in finally, or the leak is debunked, I really hope there isn’t a million “I told you so!!!!” posts all over this place. Be good to each other people :)
Also we should remember to be respectful if anyone's character does or doesn't make it in. Be happy for one another if their character makes it in, and give one another sympathy if they don't, but yeah no matter what we do just be respectful to one another. Smash will be ours soon enough.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm kind of sad that song became a meme...
How do you think I feel as a King Crimson fan?
God Giorno help us when Part 5 becomes an anime...

Not likely; they don't really use Abilities in Smash.
I think this is one of the biggest missed opprotunities with how Pokemon are designed in Smash. There are some abilities that should never be used (like the normal starter ones), but there are others that would be really interesting, especially since unique passive properties is something kind of under-explored in Smash in general...

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Also we should remember to be respectful if anyone's character does or doesn't make it in. Be happy for one another if their character makes it in, and give one another sympathy if they don't, but yeah no matter what we do just be respectful to one another. Smash will be ours soon enough.
This. 100% this. Well said, my friend.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Unless that character is Boshi (my pick), then in which case feel free to rip my *** a new one

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
No.

There are people on Gamefaq that think Zelda doesn't need another newcomer but they want more FE characters.

Until this world is cleansed I will not have any restraint to fight the evil that defiles it,

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I just want Wolf back. Give me that and I'm content.
The frustrating thing about Wolf is, he makes so much sense to return, and he's pretty popular too. You'd think he'd have been DLC in the last game, but he had no playable appearance in the last game whatsoever. He makes so much sense to be playable, but I could just as easily see him being low enough priority to not make base roster this time either.

No.

There are people on Gamefaq that think Zelda doesn't need another newcomer but they want more FE characters.

Until this world is cleansed I will not have any restraint to fight the evil that defiles it,
There are? There seems to be a lot more FE hate in general on Smashfaqs than anything.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The frustrating thing about Wolf is, he makes so much sense to return, and he's pretty popular too. You'd think he'd have been DLC in the last game, but he had no playable appearance in the last game whatsoever. He makes so much sense to be playable, but I could just as easily see him being low enough priority to not make base roster this time either.

There are? There seems to be a lot more FE hate in general on Smashfaqs than anything.
With Star Fox Zero being a thing I feel it's kind of hard to ignore him, I imagine wolf didn't come back for DLC cause he'd just take longer to make than Lucas or Roy, holding him off make sense but not including him now is just kind of a straight up **** move to star fox fans, and if the rumours are true and snake is back not bringing wolf back too would be dumb.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd really like Midna, whether by herself or with Wolf Link/Twilight Wolves from HW. She stuck out to me as a fun and interesting character for a very long time, which really means a lot considering growing up I wasn't the biggest Zelda fan. It's hard for me to say if she's still relevant or not. In the main Zelda games absolutely not, but with Hyrule Warriors she absolutely is.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
People keep saying to try to keep your expectations low, but I really can’t. I keep trying but I can’t stop thinking about the possibilities this Smash game has!

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
People keep saying to try to keep your expectations low, but I really can’t. I keep trying but I can’t stop thinking about the possibilities this Smash game has!
I just try thinking about the other great games, I give higher expectations for those to keep it lower for Smash!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd really like Midna, whether by herself or with Wolf Link/Twilight Wolves from HW. She stuck out to me as a fun and interesting character for a very long time, which really means a lot considering growing up I wasn't the biggest Zelda fan. It's hard for me to say if she's still relevant or not. In the main Zelda games absolutely not, but with Hyrule Warriors she absolutely is.
IDK I'd peg her as the most likely behind the champions, who may have come too late. Midna did have TP HD for the Wii U and her Hyrule Warriors appearance so I think she's actually relatively relevant within the Zelda series.

but idk that's just my 2 cents

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
With Star Fox Zero being a thing I feel it's kind of hard to ignore him, I imagine wolf didn't come back for DLC cause he'd just take longer to make than Lucas or Roy, holding him off make sense but not including him now is just kind of a straight up **** move to star fox fans, and if the rumours are true and snake is back not bringing wolf back too would be dumb.
I'm not denying any of this. All of this just goes to how I said, it makes a ton of sense to bring him back. But what we think would be "too hard to ignore" or "dumb" might not necessarily mean the same to Sakurai and the team. Which is why I can't really write off the possibility of him not returning to the base roster again due to low priority.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Just found this. It lends even more credit to Ridley's confirmation!

Vergeben 50 minutes ago#82
Operationgamer posted...
@Vergeben If I may ask, seeing as how you said you have multiple sources, is your source for Jump Force the same as the one for the Smash Info? Thanks.​
They're one of them, yes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know how you feel. Whether it’s keepign low expectations or being patient I just can’t do it
That or Wolf wasn’t/isn’t as popular as:4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy:when it comes to dlc

Troykv

Smash Master
It's okay, just try to avoid raging if your dreams don't become true.

Remember... hype responsability.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Midna and Ghirahim are the two top candidates for likely Zelda newcomers. They've got a ton of personality, were the most popular parts of their own games, have a large following, and tons of animations and moves to draw from.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi's tether recovery is my highest expectations for this E3. For some reason it always takes two games for Yoshi to get a valuable technique after the others...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just found this. It lends even more credit to Ridley's confirmation!

Vergeben 50 minutes ago#82
Operationgamer posted...
@Vergeben If I may ask, seeing as how you said you have multiple sources, is your source for Jump Force the same as the one for the Smash Info? Thanks.​
They're one of them, yes.
If he's dead serious and is not Lying

HAVING A HARD TIME HOLDING STILL CONSIDERED FAKE!!!

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
IDK I'd peg her as the most likely behind the champions, who may have come too late. Midna did have TP HD for the Wii U and her Hyrule Warriors appearance so I think she's actually relatively relevant within the Zelda series.

but idk that's just my 2 cents
I'm not entirely sure when in 2016 Sakurai made his project plan but Twilight Princess HD released in March of that year. So she was actually very relevant during that time...And the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors released basically at the same time. So...huh, she was very relevant during the time when Sakurai probably started work on the next Smash.

Midna might actually be more likely than I gave her credit for. Interesting.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Yoshi's tether recovery is my highest expectations for this E3. For some reason it always takes two games for Yoshi to get a valuable technique after the others...
Would they specifically be aiming to give him one though? Not that I'm opposed. Yoshi having one makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom