• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Guys, if Ridley actually happen, I will need to change my avatar, since Ridley wouldn't had reasons to be sad again.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Something we haven't discussed yet, but are you guys hoping for another Smash Dojo or Photo of the Day where we get daily updates? I really liked waking up to the Photo of the Day every morning and seeing a new item, stage, assist trophy, or wacky photo taken by Sakurai, so I'd definitely like to see something like that again.
I honestly doubt it, this game is releasing this year so they will probably not do that and just show us a trailer every month

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
People are assuming somehow a V or a 5 could be the Smash title, but let's not forget that for Sakurai, Smash 3DS and Wii U were considered as 2 smashes, so it would technically be Smash 6 for Switch (remember the Smash 6 hiring thing back in 2014/2015?)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Something tells me that Microsoft lay off Banjo, knowing it's the 20th year anniversary, waiting for Nintendo to reveal it, since Banjo would be in Smash, plus Banjo debut on Nintendo 64 and just wants to honor that ...

Yeah, a guy can dream, huh?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Something tells me that Microsoft lay off Banjo, knowing it's the 20th year anniversary, waiting for Nintendo to reveal it, since Banjo would be in Smash, plus Banjo debut on Nintendo 64 and just wants to honor that ...

Yeah, a guy can dream, huh?
We are all dreamers, we all like to dream, sometimes dreams come true... but sadly, sometimes they don't.
I hope for your dream to stop being a dream and be a reality someday.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Imagine Vergeben's leak being right about everything EXCEPT Ridley.

>Lay down

>Try not to cry

>Cry a lot

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Everyone, do not get your hopes up about Ridley. Vergeben's credibility is mixed. He gets a lot of stuff right, but he gets a lot of stuff wrong too.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's okay. Snake is back. :happysheep:
I never played the Metal Gear games much as a kid so I don't have a connection with Snake. If Snake does come back every single person on the planet will freak out with the exception of me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
lol at someone not realizing more than half of the KH series is on Nintendo
I had to check if you were right, and I only saw a total of 4 KH games on a Nintendo platform (unless you’re excluding remakes)
Something tells me that Microsoft lay off Banjo, knowing it's the 20th year anniversary, waiting for Nintendo to reveal it, since Banjo would be in Smash, plus Banjo debut on Nintendo 64 and just wants to honor that ...Yeah, a guy can dream, huh?
That would be beautiful
I never played the Metal Gear games much as a kid so I don't have a connection with Snake. If Snake does come back every single person on the planet will freak out with the exception of me.
I’ll be with you since I don’t have a connection to Snake other than Smash Bros

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Okay so I'm watching the Youtube Live for Bethesda and Xbox and they're playing the Spyro Trilogy, and the host asked one of the producers (or director?): "It's great that you have this coming to both PS4 and Xbox One. Any news for the Switch?"

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Then the director says "...Not talking about anything else right now...." yada yada yada
I mean... with Crash N. Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch, the Spyro Remastered Trilogy getting a release on it as well is pretty much a no-brainer. I'd be surprised if it ended up never appearing on the Switch.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Everyone, do not get your hopes up about Ridley. Vergeben's credibility is mixed. He gets a lot of stuff right, but he gets a lot of stuff wrong too.
Then again, as a "leaker" is it even his fault if it's wrong, or ... the source?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Remember not to jump to any conclusions after the Direct. Reveals won't be ending there.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If Veg is right then we better get a picture of Simon, Ridley hugging Nana and Popo.

I don't care if it's out if character for Ridley, I NEED THIS!
Ridley hugging Popo and Nana? The same Ridley who killed Samus's parents? Are we talking about the same purple dragon, because that does not sound like any Ridley I know.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I had to check if you were right, and I only saw a total of 4 KH games on a Nintendo platform
Yes.
KH (PS2)
KH Chain Of Memories (GBA)
KH II (PS2)
KH 358/2 (DS)
KH Birth By Sleep (PSP)
KH Re: codec (DS)
KH Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
KHIII (PS4/XBOX ONE) - Not released yet

Without counting compilation. More than Half of the Kingdom Hearts Games are on a Nintendo System and you know what's sneaky about it? They're not even spin-off since they're important to the stories (the least important one would be 358/2 days) and even with KH III that would still be half of them.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Then again, as a "leaker" is it even his fault if it's wrong, or ... the source?
It wouldn’t completely be the leaker’s fault, but it would be their fault for believing the incorrect info and spreading it to the rest of us alongside potentially accurate info... in a way, a leaker is in the same boat as the rest of us, as they have to determine what info they think is credible, just that they get the info first and take most of the risk in the form of risking their reputations.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I've never played a single MGS game, but Snake is one of my most wanted characters because he was so great in Brawl.
By which I mean he was so great in PM, but still. C4 has to be my favorite gimmick in the series, it feels like cheating despite being relatively fair. Also, since canonical Snake won't be using PM sleep darts, he won't feel like nearly as much of a soul-crushing flowchart casually.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Remember not to jump to any conclusions after the Direct. Reveals won't be ending there.
We got WFT outside the Direct, and Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors.

We probably have at least one reveal between Treehouse/the showfloor during the convention/the tournament

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Do we know how long the Smash portion of the Direct will be? Hoping it's at least 10 minutes. Plus I can see them doing reveals during Treehouse. Especially for veterans like Ice Climbers.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Just imagine all the possible epic entrances, like Ridley coming from a wall of fire
vs_ridley_by_kritken-d9wg4j5.png
Or just looking at his rival, with the eyes shining, looking more evil and scary than ever
ridley_by_colorzblind-d5gd3j8.jpg

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, he has multiple sources. Getting one right dont mean getting others right. But he is sooo confident about it...
To be specific, he's very confident in his info on Ridley, as he said the source that told him that is supposedly his most reliable one
You're in luck it's his "Mighty refutable" source, AKA the first one who said Ridley was in.
Oh s***, you serious?

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well at least the name seems to just be Super Smash Bros. and not “Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch”. ****ing hell what an awful name. Can you imagine if they called Fallout 4 “Fallout for the Microsoft X-Box One/Sony PlayStation 4/Personal Computer”? I think that’s the only thing that could make that game even LESS appealing than it already was.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Also, I love how we are now 92 users, and 102 guests in here after the Microsoft Confrance.

I guess I could add to the earlier dream comment about Banjo in that case. Why would Phil Spencer be so optimistic about Banjo in Smash over Twitter, act like; "Hell yeah, Nintendo's our buds, of course we would love for Banjo to be in Smash", just to abandon their bear for his 20th birthday ... That's just sad, and cruel. Please let the dream be real.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Also, I love how we are now 92 users, and 102 guests in here after the Microsoft Confrance.

I guess I could add to the earlier dream comment about Banjo in that case. Why would Phil Spencer be so optimistic about Banjo in Smash over Twitter, act like; "Hell yeah, Nintendo's our buds, of course we would love for Banjo to be in Smash", just to abandon their bear for his 20th birthday ... That's just sad, and cruel. Please let the dream be real.
Kazooie even mentions their “20th Anniversary Game” in the remaster of BT. Honestly I’d rather not get a Banjo game from current Rare but it’s sad nonetheless.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
The only thing I hope is that regardless of which way the leak goes we all be civil. Whether Ridley gets in finally, or the leak is debunked, I really hope there isn’t a million “I told you so!!!!” posts all over this place. Be good to each other people :)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Vergeben's source that told him about the Castlevania and other games is one who supported Ridley, ICs, Belmont, and Snake being in with no cuts. Don't know which source though stated Minecraft content.

EDIT: Double checked, and this one is the one who stated Minecraft content is in Smash

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes.
KH (PS2)
KH Chain Of Memories (GBA)
KH II (PS2)
KH 358/2 (DS)
KH Birth By Sleep (PSP)
KH Re: codec (DS)
KH Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
KHIII (PS4/XBOX ONE) - Not released yet

Without counting compilation. More than Half of the Kingdom Hearts Games are on a Nintendo System and you know what's sneaky about it? They're not even spin-off since they're important to the stories (the least important one would be 358/2 days) and even with KH III that would still be half of them.
Just checking. For a moment I was confused due to the .5 games and other remakes (but they’re being excluded so you right)...though I honestly thought KH had spinoff titles

inb4 Banjo Kazooie are Nintendo characters once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom