• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think people seem to be underestimating Nintendo a little bit. We know very little of their future release schedule, including this upcoming fall (aside from Smash and Pokemon). I expect Nintendo to have an E3 blowout featuring some combination of Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Prime 4, Star Fox Grand Prix, and some more unpredictable surprises, in addition to Smash and Pokemon, of course.

I still think Nintendo will come out of this E3 with the strongest showing, imo.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
We need cuts though, real talk. There is no good reason Dark Pit should return. Like, feels unfair to the Pichu/YL fans who will never see their character again. Why should DP stay in when Pichu probably requires just as little work?

Ugh. I am...really hate DP with a passion. Only character on my game with 0 uses. Not looking forward to that.

If the leak is true.
Cause Pichu sucks and toon link already exists

Zeox

Smash Champion
Who is your source for this game title?!?!
Sakurai Himself, he was in a bar, 3-4 years ago, half drunk, and he was like "stupid smash fans, i just want to take a break but they keep demanding.. well I will make another smash! a stupid new smash game !"
and that's how it happen.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey guys.

Do you want to build a snowman? :troll:
One winged Devil... *shows yellow eyes* you're too late.
Too bad they already said that they would think about a Switch port after they finish working on the PS4/Xbox one version right?
So I heard, since that's true, maybe... to kill time... a separate division could use that time to release 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 for switch. If the Switch got the Naruto Storm Trilogy, why not give it Kingdom Hearts as well.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think he's a very good contender for DLC. I can see him being that Cloud-esque reveal. Unless they get Master Chief or Kratos no one else can really have that impact.
Real talk, I think the same, I can EVEN see Sora being announced for the main game out of nowhere like Cloud was for his DLC-

DLC seems to be Sakurai going for deal he though would be impossible for the base game, Like Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta.
People can complain about Third Parties getting in DLC, but there a lot of chance that those Third Parties Only chance was INFACT the DLC, probably because you can easily share profit between each company involved (in the case of Sora being a DLC, the profit could be shared Nintendo/Disney/Square)

kylexv

Smash Master
So I just spent about twenty minutes making this in photoshop"

NOT TOO BIG Avatar.png

This will officially be my avatar if Ridley is revealed on Tuesday.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Nintendo E3 lanyard picture (no clue how to embed tweets)

it simply says "Super Smash Bros.", not sure if this is a indicative of anything such as a final title (could be just a generic franchise logo) but hey it's nice to see SSB in a lanyard again

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
We need cuts though, real talk. There is no good reason Dark Pit should return. Like, feels unfair to the Pichu/YL fans who will never see their character again. Why should DP stay in when Pichu probably requires just as little work?

Ugh. I am...really hate DP with a passion. Only character on my game with 0 uses. Not looking forward to that.

If the leak is true.
I loved Dark Pit in Uprising and would not appreciate him being cut for cOnSiStEnCy alone, and I’m pretty sure there are plenty of KI fans that feel the same way

And hot damn am I excited for his near-guaranteed moveset revamp that every other clone got.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Those lanyards make me think they are really keeping a tight lock on anything Smash. Even the rumoured props on stage are nothing shocking. Although Duck Hunt being revealed day 1 would be a surprise. It makes you wonder how this will go starting Tuesday.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

it simply says "Super Smash Bros.", not sure if this is a indicative of anything such as a final title (could be just a generic franchise logo) but hey it's nice to see SSB in a lanyard again
Yeah probably just used a generic title so the proper one doesn't leak, at least I hope so, the whole "franchise name as a game title even though the title isn't even a reboot" thing is getting old

Zeox

Smash Champion

That cannot be it, not only because there is already a super smash bros, but because it was said that it was a placeholder for the real name.
So, either they are keeping the real name as a secret... or Sakurai just got lazier with the names.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.

Verge got the anime fighter right?

Oh man.

This... oh man....

Still, was there anyone else who predicted that title?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
That cannot be it, not only because there is already a super smash bros, but because it was said that it was a placeholder for the real name.
So, either they are keeping the real name as a secret... or Sakurai just got lazier with the names.
Just having the name as the franchise name doesn't seem a very sakurai thing to do, or a very nintendo thing in general. Unless this is the last one for real this time, it'd be a little understandable in that case

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Those lanyards make me think they are really keeping a tight lock on anything Smash. Even the rumoured props on stage are nothing shocking. Although Duck Hunt being revealed day 1 would be a surprise. It makes you wonder how this will go starting Tuesday.
If this REALLY IS an effort by Nintendo to keep Smash top secret, then I fully expect the official reveal on Tuesday to be an absolute megaton. Like, Emily Rogers could be right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Microsoft absolutely destroyed what they did last year. Sony has some major competition for the next year, while Nintendo will stay in their Reggie Tier state as usual

If the leak is true.
Because :4darkpit:(who is actually useful)>>>>:pichumelee:(hurts himself)
So it won't be a smash Bros game?
Yes...it won’t even be one if the ripoffs
I think people seem to be underestimating Nintendo a little bit. We know very little of their future release schedule, including this upcoming fall (aside from Smash and Pokemon). I expect Nintendo to have an E3 blowout featuring some combination of Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Prime 4, Star Fox Grand Prix, and some more unpredictable surprises, in addition to Smash and Pokemon, of course.

I still think Nintendo will come out of this E3 with the strongest showing, imo.
I haven’t seen anyone underestimate Nintendo this year, ignoring Smash of course (cause that alone will kill everyon and anything. If anything, Microsoft was the underdog this year...now its Sony I suppose

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i like how most of this thread is basicly just ridley in smash talk, i mean man times change i guess

Polan

Smash Lord
my very reputable sources have told me that the final name of the game is Super Smash Bros: Violent Struggle Involving The Exchange of Physical Blows Or The Use of Weapons. seems pretty legit if you ask me.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Yeah probably just used a generic title so the proper one doesn't leak, at least I hope so, the whole "franchise name as a game title even though the title isn't even a reboot" thing is getting old
I just dont get why they would keep the game title so secret, it's like avengers 4 at this point lol
What kind of name could hype us so much that they keep it secret ? I wonder

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I loved Dark Pit in Uprising and would not appreciate him being cut for cOnSiStEnCy alone, and I’m pretty sure there are plenty of KI fans that feel the same way

And hot damn am I excited for his near-guaranteed moveset revamp that every other clone got.
Yeah, he'll definitely be made more interesting and fun to play, like all clones in their future iterations
:drmario: Take two grains of salt and call me in the morning

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
How ironic: Ridley used to be seen as one of the least likely smash characters.
Now, it's the other way around. Funny how things change?
I still don't think it's certain we see him at E3, but I do think it's very likely.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Whoa whoa whoa! Apparently The Tales of Vesperia Games might comes to switch if we believe the now deleted tweet from Bandai Namco Brazil-

Yuri Lowell for Smash W H E N ?????

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I strongly believe Verge did not piggyback or guess Jump Force.
However, his position of having various sources makes me still be really cautious about it. He could've gotten Jump right and the Smash stuff wrong. or say, Ridley right but the entire rest wrong, or even like get Star Fox right but Smash wrong, or vice versa. There are so many variables

Whoa whoa whoa! Apparently The Tales of Vesperia Games might comes to switch if we believe the now deleted tweet from Bandai Namco Brazil-

Yuri Lowell for Smash W H E N ?????
It is coming to Switch :) https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Vesper...ng-20&linkId=2ec877790249d8d7467b1f9125cf361a

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
If we can trust Verg at this point, he said that the source that told him about Ridley is his most reliable one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't think there's a big secret about the title. Everyone sort of calls it Smash Bros anyway regardless of which one you're playing.

Just like Mario Kart and Mario Party before it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay so I'm watching the Youtube Live for Bethesda and Xbox and they're playing the Spyro Trilogy, and the host asked one of the producers (or director?): "It's great that you have this coming to both PS4 and Xbox One. Any news for the Switch?"

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Then the director says "...Not talking about anything else right now...." yada yada yada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom