• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really don't think there's a big secret about the title. Everyone sort of calls it Smash Bros anyway regardless of which one you're playing.

Just like Mario Kart and Mario Party before it.
It’s easier and lazier for us to say “Let’s Smash” than saying “Let’s play Smash 64/Melee/Brawl/Smash 4”
Microsoft dissappoints me each year with no announcement of Banjo :facepalm: isn’t the 20th anniversary this year? They suck
Ok...but they had a multitude of amazing announcements and reveals atleast
Whoa whoa whoa! Apparently The Tales of Vesperia Games might comes to switch if we believe the now deleted tweet from Bandai Namco Brazil-

Yuri Lowell for Smash W H E N ?????
Just announced now

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yeah, he'll definitely be made more interesting and fun to play, like all clones in their future iterations
:drmario: Take two grains of salt and call me in the morning
He doesn’t exist :p

Nah, but seriously, I feel like he was the one clone deliberately made to be exactly like his melee incarnation. Roy has melee physics, yes, but for whatever reason they wanted to port over the exact same Doc from melee.

...he’s an exception!!! (Please give me my luigified Dark Pit Sakurai...)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay so I'm watching the Youtube Live for Bethesda and Xbox and they're playing the Spyro Trilogy, and the host asked one of the producers (or director?): "It's great that you have this coming to both PS4 and Xbox One. Any news for the Switch?"

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Then the director says "...Not talking about anything else right now...." yada yada yada
Pffff- poor guy scared that Nintendo's Ninja get him backstage for a senpuku if he broke NDA

Olo

Smash Cadet
I hate Roman numerals. If they call it something like "Super Smash Bros. Five", I hope they use a 5 instead of a V. I know a V is probably more aesthetically pleasing to most people, so I doubt they would use a 5, but I'd prefer it. :p (Not that my opinion matters on this, I just really dislike Roman numerals)

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Microsoft had an absolutely phenomenal E3, which came as a complete surprise to me. DMC5? Shadows Die Twice? Cyperpunk 2077? The goshdarn Battletoads making a comeback?!? Yes please.

But considering the Shonen Jump fighting game that had just been announced lines up with what Verge has said, I'd like to remind everyone that he does have a sketchy past. Don't act like it's 100% confirmed yet.
I don't believe it for a minute. I know I'm late to this party, but I don't.

Granted, I really don't believe in any leaks unless they're gameplay footage, considering the Rayman leak of yesteryear, but he has a history of editing his leak posts, (noted on reddit by the little *) and seems to get numerous things incorrect.

Just skimming the Nintendo-only section on his most recent of the two posts (that he's edited, mind you), he's said that the January 11th direct would likely focus on some of the following:
  • Metroid Prime 4 ("It will have some presence in the Direct.")
  • A new Animal Crossing game ("which should be covered in the Direct.")
  • A new Pokemon game ("Pokemon Gen 8 should get covered and some kind of highlight in the Direct")
  • GTA V port ("GTAV having a Switch port release and likely around Q3 and highlighted in the Direct is something I heard")
  • Dragon Quest XI ("Dragon Quest XI should be appearing during the January Direct")
  • Undertale ("Undertale coming to Switch and being announced in the January Direct")
And he got nearly none of it right! He didn't mention:
  • The World Ends With You Port
  • Pokken DX
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • New Mario Tennis
  • Ys VIII
  • Luigi's Balloon World
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Celeste
  • Tropical Freeze Port + Funky Kong
None of it. The only thing he got right was that Dark Souls Remastered was a thing, BUT not only did he say he didn't think it would be in the January direct, but the fact that it was multiplatform was announced near minutes after the direct ended, whereas he though it may have been Switch exclusive. And even then, rumors of the game had been spreading before he had ever even said anything about it. (Absolutely no mention of the game in his original post...)

While some of those things eventually did come true (Undertale was announced later on in a March direct, a Wario game was announced as well), we still haven't seen anything else he said we would've seen four months ago. Alongside that, we're still missing other things like Injustice 2, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Soul Calibur VI, Hearthstone (which has literally been deconfirmed, by the way), Killing Floor 2, Nier Automata, amongst many others. No way in hell Fire Emblem 16 is having a May release date when we STILL know nothing about it.

Even still, that's just looking at his Nintendo stuff. I have no goddamn clue how inaccurate is other stuff could be. I didn't bother.

Plus, there's always the case of "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Saying Ridley is going to be in Smash is a big *** claim (no pun intended). He's likely one of the most hyped up characters not already in the game, and the idea of Konami coming back to work on Smash AND the Ice Climbers returning just add fuel to the hypothetical fire.

As far as I can tell, the sole thing he's gotten right was that the TMNT and Enchantress would be in Injustice 2. But even then, something like that has absolutely jack all to do with Nintendo, the Switch, or Smash.

This whole leak is entirely a matter of "It has characters I like, so it must be legit!" The guy has an extremely incorrect leaking streak, a terrible reputation within the community, is known for constantly editing his posts to make himself look right, and anything he has gotten right has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo. If the exact same guy said that the newcomers were going to be Bad Boxart Mega Man, Fire Flower Mario, and Raichu, no one would believe him.

Or at least, that's my take on it. He could be right. Who knows? Take everything with a pinch of salt.

Also I don't believe it because Simon Belmont and Ridley would make me extremely happy and Smash newcomers almost always let me down so I doubt it
But with everyday that passes, his leak continues to look more and more legit. In the case he is legit though, and Ridley and Simon Belmont are joining Smash, then...
stickman_cute.png

FAMILY FRIENDLY IMAGE BECAUSE ATHF IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR SMASHBOARDS

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Okay so I'm watching the Youtube Live for Bethesda and Xbox and they're playing the Spyro Trilogy, and the host asked one of the producers (or director?): "It's great that you have this coming to both PS4 and Xbox One. Any news for the Switch?"

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Then the director says "...Not talking about anything else right now...." yada yada yada
I'm getting nauseous!

Clue Microsoft is involved on the switch

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
It’s easier and lazier for us to say “Let’s Smash” than saying “Let’s play Smash 64/Melee/Brawl/Smash 4”

Ok...but they had a multitude of amazing announcements and reveals atleast

Just announced now
Yeah, i guess Battletoads and Jump Force can be okay. Dunno, i’m not very interested in what they had to show

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Calling it right now: the people who supposedly 'leaked' Ridley are in fact legit, but they mistook Ridley for Spyro, thinking, 'Oh, it's a purple dragon. Isn't that Ridley?'

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Calling it right now: the people who supposedly 'leaked' Ridley are in fact legit, but they mistook Ridley for Spyro, thinking, 'Oh, it's a purple dragon. Isn't that Ridley?'
Food for thought:
What if there's 2 purple dragons in smash bros?
How would people even react to that?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I strongly believe Verge did not piggyback or guess Jump Force.
However, his position of having various sources makes me still be really cautious about it. He could've gotten Jump right and the Smash stuff wrong. or say, Ridley right but the entire rest wrong, or even like get Star Fox right but Smash wrong, or vice versa. There are so many variables

It is coming to Switch :)https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Vesper...ng-20&linkId=2ec877790249d8d7467b1f9125cf361a

Imagine if he got everything right minus The Ridster

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I wonder what Ridleys trailer will be titled if true?

Enemy from the Past?

A terrifying presence?

To me, Ridley is all but confirmed

But he’s still too big :yeahboi:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
**** dude, I'm still keeping my expectations in check, but please don't jinx us lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And so, Today, one of the most glorious Bandai Namco's Troll story comes to an end....
1528671459618.jpg

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Spyro being mistaken for Ridley is my new biggest fear....that and everyone being wrong and this is just a port...

(Also um why does my name come up pink and say pranked???...I'm not good at forums and have no clue why it showed up lol)

NVM I found out. I actually like the pink name XD so that's cool! Who did it though and why lol

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
ResetEra unironically spit on 90% of the leakers that aren't on their safe-zone or aren't friends with their Admin.
Not to me an ***, but it's mostly true-
I think that's everywhere. LKD I'm pretty sure stopped reporting leaks because of the harassment she faced from getting the software for the Switch wrong (Despite her being spot on with the hardware), it took Emily Rodgers nearly an entire year to get in good gracious with everyone again and even then her leaks these days are mostly safe bets besides the Pokemon stuff which was a huge risk. I don't blame her for playing it safe either though. A lot of people don't understand that not every leak is correct. Some insiders are wrong more often than not, others are right more often as not. There's always been a difference between unreliable and a complete bull****ter. While Vergeben has credence right now, he is still incredibly unreliable as there's been a few of his leaks in the past where he got a ton right and a little bit wrong. But to deem him as a complete bull****ter like Resetera, gamefaqs, and reddit does is idiotic, and it just comes down to the fact that while he isn't no top tier insider, he is far from Marcus Sellars.

With Jump Force being developed by Bandai Namco I'm really starting to believe he has a source there...

Seriously I will 99% believe it if those Konami compilation games are confirmed to be Castlevania. Do you think we will have to wait until Tuesday for that or will it be announced earlier?
He has always had legitimate source(s) there. He was the first to report that Bamco would be developing Prime 4 iirc, and he got a ton of Soul Calibur information right, most importantly new characters. But he has also gotten some stuff wrong, but the dude reports on everything that's told to him because he's a bit naive.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you can confuse Spyro for Ridley. You might not even need glasses or contacts. You might need a whole new set of eyes, because they're just really really really bad, fam.

Such a really stupid and unfounded fear I find.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
So DasVergeben's Ridley source is definitely legitimate, at the very least.

All things point to it happening, even the Konami stuff. I'm super torn on "I'm starting to believe this" and "I refuse to let myself get disappointed" and don't know how to feel.

Fingers are crossed so hard I might as well be an ARMs character.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Spyro being mistaken for Ridley is my new biggest fear....that and everyone being wrong and this is just a port...

(Also um why does my name come up pink and say pranked???...I'm not good at forums and have no clue why it showed up lol)
Id find it funny if that turned out to be the case, but I don't see a world that Spyro makes it in before Crash.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

I honestly don't see HOW you could confuse the two, if you know anything about Video Games or about Smash. Like...how even?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, according to the leaks who's being revealed at E3? For Vergeben it's Ridley and Simon, right? And then the imgur leak teased Sora, Elma, and Simon, right?

I'm confused.

I wonder what Ridleys trailer will be titled if true?

Enemy from the Past?

A terrifying presence?

To me, Ridley is all but confirmed

But he’s still too big :yeahboi:
It'll be titled, "A big reveal."

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
If this Smash bros was gonna be called "super smash bros V" or "5", why keep it on secret? why keep it as "super smash bros" for so long? they could easily put the 5 there.
I mean, this is just speculation, but what if the reason why the name is keep on secret is because it would give us clues of something big? (and i'm not talking about ridley)
Maybe some short of new story mode or something, and the new smash is called... I dunno, I'm awful for names, "Super Smash Bros: Tales of something", or Smash TOS, and because the name is obviously a reference that this smash is gonna have a big story mode they want to keep it as a secret as long as they reveal this new story mode.
Just silly speculation.

Zeox

Smash Champion
So, according to the leaks who's being revealed at E3? For Vergeben it's Ridley and Simon, right? And then the imgur leak teased Sora, Elma, and Simon, right?

I'm confused.

It'll be titled, "A big reveal."
Imgur leak never teased anyone for E3, they just tease a heroes vs villains theme.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Microsoft down
Only Sony and Nintendo to go (also Ubisoft, Bethesda, Devolver Digital, and Square Enix)
And wasn't it said that Bamco has a hand in this Smash aswell?
not officially, but it’s highly possible due to the deleted tweets about them working on Smash Switch (the recent tweets and not the older ones about a Smash 6 development crew)
Yeah, i guess Battletoads and Jump Force can be okay. Dunno, i’m not very interested in what they had to show
Nothing else got your attention? Tomb Raider, DMC, Gears and Halo seems awesome

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For the most part, I think we can easily call the imgur leak piggybacking/not relevant.

The vergeben leak looks...pretty good, right now. I'm still skeptical, but definitely hopeful. For this game to have no cuts, then add back Snake and Ice Climbers, then Ridley and Simon Belmont?

Oof. I thought the Smash 4 roster was good. This roster right away would beat it.

All I will say is that there are quite a few things lining up for this leak as of today.

However, now I'm more concerned than ever for my wallet :urg:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Something we haven't discussed yet, but are you guys hoping for another Smash Dojo or Photo of the Day where we get daily updates? I really liked waking up to the Photo of the Day every morning and seeing a new item, stage, assist trophy, or wacky photo taken by Sakurai, so I'd definitely like to see something like that again.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Reminder: Try not to get too invested in leaks. If they have what you want in them, and they're real, that's great. If it's not real, you'll just be disappointed. We'll find out one way or another eventually.

By the way, I take it Konami's Action game and Compilation haven't been revealed, right?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Something we haven't discussed yet, but are you guys hoping for another Smash Dojo or Photo of the Day where we get daily updates? I really liked waking up to the Photo of the Day every morning and seeing a new item, stage, assist trophy, or wacky photo taken by Sakurai, so I'd definitely like to see something like that again.
Maybe even a vet reveal of the (bi)week and clips on a specific character detailing something special/new about them

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I love both. Back in college I adored the Dojo, and the Picture of the Day was awesome too. I'd be more than up for a return of either!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Reminder: Try not to get too invested in leaks. If they have what you want in them, and they're real, that's great. If it's not real, you'll just be disappointed. We'll find out one way or another eventually.

By the way, I take it Konami's Action game and Compilation haven't been revealed, right?
Yes agree but one thing that's so scary

The jump fight thing nobody except vergeben said that.

So 0% chance of that being piggybacked

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Guys what happened within these past few hours that strengened vergben's leaks?

Timezones man

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Microsoft down
Only Sony and Nintendo to go (also Ubisoft, Bethesda, Devolver Digital, and Square Enix)

not officially, but it’s highly possible due to the deleted tweets about them working on Smash Switch (the recent tweets and not the older ones about a Smash 6 development crew)

Nothing else got your attention? Tomb Raider, DMC, Gears and Halo seems awesome
Don’t like how the new DMC looks, the character just looks off to me. Tomb Raider i didn’t play since the second one waaaaay back. And i never owned a Xbox so i have no connection to those games at all xP. Dunno what IP’s Microsoft owns but as far as i know the only one that got my attention is Banjo and that’s basicly thrown in the trash isn’t it? Makes me sad :(

But yeah MS did way better than last year atleast

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
So I just spent about twenty minutes making this in photoshop"

This will officially be my avatar if Ridley is revealed on Tuesday.

No getting out of it if the reveal happens to be on Wednesday in your time zone! :troll:

Anyway, I'm currently trying really hard to keep my expectations in check with the new credibility Vergeben is getting, just so I do not run into the trap Chrom fans ran into last time around.

It is really, really, REALLY hard though.

Cheer!

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman

The picture of the day is the reason that my sleep pattern is from 12-8. Smash legit had that much of an impact on my life.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE

Nintendo had accidentally put it up on their website before, so it's not a surprise if we get to see it in their Direct. The Spyro twitter also retweeted fanart of the titular dragon playing a Switch today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom