• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The only thing I hope is that regardless of which way the leak goes we all be civil. Whether Ridley gets in finally, or the leak is debunked, I really hope there isn’t a million “I told you so!!!!” posts all over this place. Be good to each other people :)
If is real, people would be too busy screaming "RIDLEY! AAAAAHHH!!" to ever remember there was even a leak.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
The only thing I hope is that regardless of which way the leak goes we all be civil. Whether Ridley gets in finally, or the leak is debunked, I really hope there isn’t a million “I told you so!!!!” posts all over this place. Be good to each other people :)
This. Especially if the leak is fake, Ridley fans will already be heartbroken for the 100th time and a bunch of "lmao I told you so" won't help the situation
And if it's real, there are better ways to celebrate than a "lmao I told you so"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If is real, people would be too busy screaming "RIDLEY! AAAAAHHH!!" to ever remember there was even a leak.
Either people will scream...or they’ll turn into Etika

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don’t visit /v/ much anymore on account of the CONSTANT console wars but I’d imagine if Ridley gets in the entire board is going to be pictures of Ridley simply saying APOLOGIZE.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
100% this. I hate when people rub things in other people's faces either way.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't think the community is anywhere near as hostile now compared to the Ridley debates back before Smash 4. If it doesn't work out there'll be disappointment but I don't see a large amount of people being smug about it this time around.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't think the community is anywhere near as hostile now compared to the Ridley debates back before Smash 4. If it doesn't work out there'll be disappointment but I don't see a large amount of people being smug about it this time around.
It happened so many times that is not even funny anymore for anyone.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Back in Smash 4 people really were hostile regarding Ridley. I remember a bunch of mutuals on Twitter constantly questioning why I wanted Ridley or would unadvertently bring up "yeah but Ridley won't ever get in" whenever I was talking about Smash. Plus, that certain smug Youtuber that was so angry about Ridley that he sounded like Ridley killed his parents and not Samus's everytime he made a video about him, and oh boy was he annoying when the Pyrosphere shadow first appeared

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
All I know is that if Ridley is revealed on Tuesday, there better be some jokes and references to his size. Maybe make him eat a super mushroom or make a joke with his title card.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
If Ridley gets in one of my most wanted things is Sakurai explaining at some point what happened for him to have a change of heart. Fan support? The fanmade mods? Wanting so bad to put a new Metroid character/villain? All of them? I'd be rly curious

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes.
KH (PS2)
KH Chain Of Memories (GBA)
KH II (PS2)
KH 358/2 (DS)
KH Birth By Sleep (PSP)
KH Re: codec (DS)
KH Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
KHIII (PS4/XBOX ONE) - Not released yet

Without counting compilation. More than Half of the Kingdom Hearts Games are on a Nintendo System and you know what's sneaky about it? They're not even spin-off since they're important to the stories (the least important one would be 358/2 days) and even with KH III that would still be half of them.
Not counting X or 0.2?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I got a juicy new leak for everyone. Apparently, the Inklings weren’t the only characters considered for the initial Smash Switch teaser. I got my hands on a storyboard that was scrapped in favor for Inklings!

Savage Ridley confirmed for Smash, guyz.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People would still be smug about Ridley if the expectation wasn't bolstered by halfway credible murmurs. Go look at the initial reactions to when the Ridley claims first spilled out a couple months back, especially on gamefaqs.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wonder who else could be revealed at E3 besides the ones in the leak. I keep asking myself who is big enough (lol big) to reveal there, but then I remember freakin Wii Fit Trainer was revealed at E3, which means anyone should be game. I think Wolf would have a positive response. I'd freak out over Ashley, as would all of Japan. K. Rool would melt the internet.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If Ridley gets in one of my most wanted things is Sakurai explaining at some point what happened for him to have a change of heart. Fan support? The fanmade mods? Wanting so bad to put a new Metroid character/villain? All of them? I'd be rly curious
Reggie himself walked into his office and was like, “Stop ******* with them, Masahiro, just put Ridley in already.”

“UGH FINE, you’re no fun, Reggie.”

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Something we haven't discussed yet, but are you guys hoping for another Smash Dojo or Photo of the Day where we get daily updates? I really liked waking up to the Photo of the Day every morning and seeing a new item, stage, assist trophy, or wacky photo taken by Sakurai, so I'd definitely like to see something like that again.
I hope they bring that back, or even better, post a small ten second video every day showing new items or stages.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I wonder who else could be revealed at E3 besides the ones in the leak. I keep asking myself who is big enough (lol big) to reveal there, but then I remember freakin Wii Fit Trainer was revealed at E3, which means anyone should be game. I think Wolf would have a positive response. I'd freak out over Ashley, as would all of Japan. K. Rool would melt the internet.
Maybe they'll show stuff related to the games there. Ridman for MP4, A FE character for FE Switch, XB character for port/DLC, etc. Or maybe they'll reveal something random like Palutena while leaving something big like Pac for a closed doors reveal again.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If this is all real, Mods be on guard, the witch hunts will start immediately

Last edited:

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking on these forums since Brawl, but I thought I'd chime in now just to convey my hype for this e3. Crazy **** is happening with Nintendo right now, and I can't wait to see what the new smash holds. I'm one of the people who hopes mechanically it plays a little faster like melee (hit-stun and whatnot), but at the end of the day smash is about the characters and I look forward to the unveil of the newcomers regardless if the leaks are real or not.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Found this image on the SG Discord. Apparently, one of the top Pokemon anime animators (Maasaki Iwane) drew this drawing of Steve fighting Bewear:

Very interesting.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Had the realization that if want Bayonetta cut (remember she was the most voted in Europe and in top 5 North America), you pretty much have to think Nintendo/sakurai shouldn't care about the ballot.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ridley hugging Popo and Nana? The same Ridley who killed Samus's parents? Are we talking about the same purple dragon, because that does not sound like any Ridley I know.
Barney must have sprouted wings then, it was only a matter of time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not counting X or 0.2?
"X" Story is a mobile game/Web-browser game that is Looosely connected to the main story and the "main stuff" is basically lore that was put in the Compilation with a X movie to recap the really important stuff
0.2 is a port of DDD with an hour "proof of concept" gameplay of KHIII, would it be really considered as main games in the series?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm hype for the Direct but I'm still not holding my breath for Ridley. He's my dream but first and foremost I just want to see the game. I want to see Sakurai's beautiful face and have people meme him to death.

D

Deleted member

If you can confuse Spyro for Ridley. You might not even need glasses or contacts. You might need a whole new set of eyes, because they're just really really really bad, fam.

Such a really stupid and unfounded fear I find.
Considering I have a shirt like this:

And people have asked if it was either Spyro or Ridley, you'd be surprised just how many people can just see "purple dragon" and think it's one they know personally.

kylexv

Smash Master
Found this image on the SG Discord. Apparently, one of the top Pokemon anime animators (Maasaki Iwane) drew this drawing of Steve fighting Bewear:

Very interesting.
Literally the only reason why I would be fine with Bewear as the Gen 7 Pokemon is because his grab would be a bear hug. Not to mention the fact that said bear hug can snap someones spine.

They could also incorporate his ability (Fluffy) into his moveset somehow too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'd love for them to drop hints about who the next revealed character will be in each trailer. Like if one character's trailer ended with the aforementioned "To Be Continued...?" From DKC to hint that the next reveal would be K. Rool. I LIVE for teases like that, I still love having to do a bit of guess work on characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom