• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I am damn certain that this is just going to be another Gemusatu or whatever because there is no way Sakurai has changed his mind on Ridley. Absolutely none. Not that quick at least. I'd love to be proven wrong but there's just no way.

:094:
I'm remaining cautious too, but it wouldn't be all that unprecedented for Sakurai to have a change of heart for someone as popular as Ridley.

Seriously, the dude has been one of the most highly requested characters for over a decade.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
With Jump Force being developed by Bandai Namco I'm really starting to believe he has a source there...

Seriously I will 99% believe it if those Konami compilation games are confirmed to be Castlevania. Do you think we will have to wait until Tuesday for that or will it be announced earlier?
I will explode if castlevania is the compilation game

Troykv

Smash Master
Okay, this was a exciting presentation and a lot of weird reveals o.o

I'm optimistic but still careful with the Vergeben Leak... But Just Cause and Jump definitely helps him.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I am damn certain that this is just going to be another Gemusatu or whatever because there is no way Sakurai has changed his mind on Ridley. Absolutely none. Not that quick at least. I'd love to be proven wrong but there's just no way.

:094:
Sakurai is a troll, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in an ageless yet gradually breaking shell.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
So Resetera just found this out and they're more suspicious about it. Here's what two users said:
I have to ask if there's any chance that he edited this post.
Yeah. As much as I've been coming around on DasVergeben, I'll never forget him editing the "No Super characters in DBZF" stuff out w/in hours of Beerus & Hit getting revealed.
Is there any proof that Verg edited what he said?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So Resetera just found this out and they're more suspicious about it. Here's what two users said:

It's a PM, you can't edit them on Gamefaqs i think, especially since the compilation picture that it's from WAS MADE the 5June

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Wasn't it a saved private message from several days ago that's been part of the 4chan imgur post for days??? Like...how could that be edited? Lol. Resetera kinda surprises me with the stretches they make

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
A word from the wise.

Even with everything pointing in Ridley's favor, DON'T THINK THAT HE WILL 100% BE REVEALED! I made the mistake of promising myself that, no matter how unlikely he may seem, that King K. Rool was going to be in the Smash 4 roster no matter what. And when Bayonetta was announced as the last DLC fighter, I was devastated for at least a month.

Please. I beg of you all. Please don't fall into the same trap I feel into all those years ago.
As much as I feel for you on this (I still deluded myself for months after the Mii costume for K Rool was revealed) I feel obligated to point out that these are entirely different circumstances.

K Rool had a huge swelling of people saying they wanted him in, but never anything concretely pointing towards it.

Ridley is the content of a reputable leak which appears to be being confirmed as we discuss it.

Sure, circumstances change and lucky guesses can be had but a bit of cautious optimism for Ridley is, frankly, a huge breath of fresh air.

Here's hoping we get to see the boards well and truly crash come Tuesday.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wasn't it a saved private message from several days ago that's been part of the 4chan imgur post for days??? Like...how could that be edited? Lol. Resetera kinda surprises me with the stretches they make
ResetEra unironically spit on 90% of the leakers that aren't on their safe-zone or aren't friends with their Admin.
Not to me an ass, but it's mostly true-

Zeox

Smash Champion
A word from the wise.

Even with everything pointing in Ridley's favor, DON'T THINK THAT HE WILL 100% BE REVEALED! I made the mistake of promising myself that, no matter how unlikely he may seem, that King K. Rool was going to be in the Smash 4 roster no matter what. And when Bayonetta was announced as the last DLC fighter, I was devastated for at least a month.

Please. I beg of you all. Please don't fall into the same trap I feel into all those years ago.
But that is the Ridley experience! to believe and get dissapointed and sad again and again! that is the fun of this ride! to enjoy until it finally happens! you must destroy your soul and spirit and become an empty shell, so when it happens you can do an Etika and scream so hard that you will destroy the ears of every single life form in this planet!

D

Deleted member

Xbox's E3 was really good, but Nintendo has a chance to beat Xbox.

If Nintendo does it right. They need to announce more than two characters as there were no hints or directs at this time.

I am confident in Nintendo's E3 though.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Jump Force announcement giving Vergeben's leaks some more credibility is great, as not much would make me happier than Ridley, Simon, and getting Snake back.

MS had a pretty decent conference overall, too. A lot of multi platform announcements, but still good games nonetheless.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
KHIII on PS4 and XB1.

No mention of Switch.

Doesn't advocate well for a potential Sora inclusion in Smash.

thank goodness.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
KHIII on PS4 and XB1.

No mention of Switch.

Too bad they already said that they would think about a Switch port after they finish working on the PS4/Xbox one version right?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Even if Vergeben is correct. I still we’re gonna get cuts in Smash 5. Yes, there can just port the assets of characters onto the new game, but when you have to take into account they have to port 58 characters and update 58 models plus add newcomers and the reworking of veterans, some characters are gonna miss the boat.

There’s also the fact that Sakurai never intends to cut characters, but some have to be lower priority due to time constraints. So Vergeben’s Source could’ve picked that up, but not take development time into consideration.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
KHIII on PS4 and XB1.

No mention of Switch.

thank goodness.
Final Fantasy 7, the ultimate middle finger to Nintendo.

Doesn't advocate well for a potential Cloud inclusion in Smash.

Wait.

Too bad they already said that they would think about a Switch port after they finish working on the PS4/Xbox one version right?
Or that one could be announced at the Nintendo E3 presentation.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Yup. I sincerely hope KHIII DOES come to Switch. I'm still praying for a Neir: Automata port to Switch. I mean, I can get it for Xbox on June 26 but having it on Switch would be divine.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
lol @ everyone comparing vets like Snake and Cloud with series dating back to arcade/ nes era to Sora...

stretch arm strong.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand them remaining skeptical, but that's just denial now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In a year where Nintendo dedicates so much E3 screentime to Smash content, I really couldn't care less where people rank them.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
so i guess vergebens track record looks better now, i can assume that he might be right at this point, sooo i have no idea, i am right now hyped hard from DMC KH3 and Jump Force, if now nintendo is amazing, and death stranding is dope, then this e3 was cool

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Even if Vergeben is correct. I still we’re gonna get cuts in Smash 5. Yes, there can just port the assets of characters onto the new game, but when you have to take into account they have to port 58 characters and update 58 models plus add newcomers and the reworking of veterans, some characters are gonna miss the boat.

There’s also the fact that Sakurai never intends to cut characters, but some have to be lower priority due to time constraints. So Vergeben’s Source could’ve picked that up, but not take development time into consideration.
Updating models isn't really that much of a factor and I don't understand why people think it is. This is a game that ships with hundreds of new trophies every installment. They'd definitely cut a few dozen of those to model a vet if it was somehow necessary.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
lol @ everyone comparing vets like Snake and Cloud with series dating back to arcade/ nes era to Sora...
>NES/Arcade
>Cloud, who deubted on Playstation

>Veterans
>Cloud and Snake, who have both only appeared in one Smash game, and one of which got cut in the most recent game

???

Are you talking about Final Fantasy representation? Cloud still represents Final Fantasy 7, the biggest middle finger of all time to Nintendo from Square Enix.

Kingdom Hearts isn't an unimportant video game series.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I need to see him with my own eyes before I blindly believe this, if it doesn't end up being true my hype for this game will get smashed (hehe) into a million pieces

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
A word from the wise.

Even with everything pointing in Ridley's favor, DON'T THINK THAT HE WILL 100% BE REVEALED!
Never, ever, EVER, say a character is guaranteed to be in without any clear cut sources outright claiming they're in. Just because you think a character is likely, or has potential, or think you can read Sakurai's mind, it doesn't mean whatever character you're advocating for is a "shoo in".
Hmm...

I made the mistake of promising myself that, no matter how unlikely he may seem, that King K. Rool was going to be in the Smash 4 roster no matter what. And when Bayonetta was announced as the last DLC fighter, I was devastated for at least a month.
As someone that was, unfortunately, deluded enough to believe Ridley was gonna be playable last game no matter what, let me tell you; it's one thing to feel sad about your character not getting in, but it's infinitely more harrowing to realize that after zealously defending said character to the bitter end, your efforts were completely worthless, you'l be (understandably) mocked for it, and you'll feel like an utter dolt.
HMMMM....

Don't fall for the same trap I fell for 4 years ago. That's all I'm saying.
HMMMMMMM......

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I need to see him with my own eyes before I blindly believe this, if it doesn't end up being true my hype for this game will get smashed (hehe) into a million pieces
You and me both. Actually, even if I seem him playable and watch his reveal trailer, I don't think it'll truly sink in until I have the game and am playing as him on the Switch.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
We need cuts though, real talk. There is no good reason Dark Pit should return. Like, feels unfair to the Pichu/YL fans who will never see their character again. Why should DP stay in when Pichu probably requires just as little work?

Ugh. I am...really hate DP with a passion. Only character on my game with 0 uses. Not looking forward to that.

If the leak is true.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Given Jump's 50th anniversary, in hindsight, I should have saw this coming.

The new SJ game does not change my current positive stance on the Vergeben leak.

Now, I only got excited about Jump Force and KH3 fromthe Xbox conference, but dang, Microsoft delivered here and understood what their mass audience wants from them. They proved they can still be a brute force in the gaming industry. Good job Phil Spencer!

Now Jump Force though, it was absolutely crazy dope. It is hard to believe that Light Yagami is finally showing up playable (hopefully). I cannot wait to find more info about this game. If we get Promised Neverland characters, Jotaro, L, and Hunter x Hunter characters that will be dope. But most of all, I NEED MY GIRL LALA SATALIN DEVILUKE PLAYABLE IN THIS GAME! Lala meshing with the realistic apocalyptic setting would be the greatest ambition in crossover history.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I think he's a very good contender for DLC. I can see him being that Cloud-esque reveal. Unless they get Master Chief or Kratos no one else can really have that impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom