• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Im not a Youtuber by any means and I have yet to upload any videos. However, for my own enjoyment and to share with the fan base, I’m compiling a comprehensive list of music I feel fits into Smash Bros. Switch and Smash in general. Seeing as how new information is just around the corner and hype levels are at the max, I would like to share my playlist with everyone else.

Super Smash Bros. Switch playlist

It has a growing number of songs from both represented and unreresented franchises from Nintendo and 3rd party companies. To date, it has 210 songs.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well... if it’s true...

What do Ridley fans do now?

I never expected us to make it this far.
Fan 1: I can't believe Ridley's finally in? What now?
Fan 2: Play as him in Smash!
Fan 1: Oh no I just wanted him in. I don't want to play as him.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well... if it’s true...

Wait and see if it’s actually true for sure.
Then, wait for the game to come out, then work hard to advance his metagame (and, if and only if that doesn’t work, start asking for buffs.)

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Well... if it’s true...

Start requesting Kraid.

I kid, I kid. I don't know what everyone else would do if Ridley is confirmed for real, but I'd try to main him. (Well, or at least learn how to play decently with him.)

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
After we get Ridley, I wonder who we will be claiming next for Smash from the Metroid series... (not counting another Ridley form LOL!/ OMC someone already said Mecha Ridley)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
JWe would be lucky to get that far.

No one actually plays smash. They just speculate on it
:061:
Nintendo has never actually released a Smash game. They just make these trailers and then make millions on Youtube ad revenue, and that’s it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
After we get Ridley, I wonder who we will be claiming next for Smash from the Metroid series... (not counting another Ridley form LOL!/ OMC someone already said Mecha Ridley)
Sylux if his role becomes important and well-received.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I just want Wolf back. Give me that and I'm content.
I'd like have Wolf back too and to get Krystal too, Star Fox could really use some more reps.

No.

There are people on Gamefaq that think Zelda doesn't need another newcomer but they want more FE characters.

Until this world is cleansed I will not have any restraint to fight the evil that defiles it,
That's strange, usually there's more FE hate there than anything. The way they rip into FE, Lyn included has made me want wait for that hellfire to cool down before stepping foot back there. There's a reason why I lurk there, and talk with you all here :)

Also on a side note, if I both want a Zelda newcomer AND a FE character will I be spared from your wrath? :)

I'd really like Midna, whether by herself or with Wolf Link/Twilight Wolves from HW. She stuck out to me as a fun and interesting character for a very long time, which really means a lot considering growing up I wasn't the biggest Zelda fan. It's hard for me to say if she's still relevant or not. In the main Zelda games absolutely not, but with Hyrule Warriors she absolutely is.
I'm down for Midna, Impa, and Mipha too come to smash.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did I miss anything? Something make the leak more plausible?

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sylux cause Prime 4 I guess, he'd make a cool character I'm down

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I just want Wolf back. Give me that and I'm content.
Well, I have the exact same mindset! I just want my boy Wolf back!

BTW, getting a little off-topic here, but what did y'all think of Microsoft's E3 conference? Personally I thought it was really solid and well paced. Still didn't get a Banjo-Kazooie remaster but oh well.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, I have the exact same mindset! I just want my boy Wolf back!

BTW, getting a little off-topic here, but what did y'all think of Microsoft's E3 conference? Personally I thought it was really solid and well paced. Still didn't get a Banjo-Kazooie remaster but oh well.
It was very good for PS owners.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I'd be happy for the fans of these characters if the Verge leak is proven true. But personally I can't say I'm all that interested in it. Not to mention, I'd rather be surprised in who shows up.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd be happy for the fans of these characters if the Verge leak is proven true. But personally I can't say I'm all that interested in it. Not to mention, I'd rather be surprised in who shows up.
The Verge leak likely isn't all we're getting in terms of characters, just like Gematsu wasn't the whole picture either. Plus, DLC characters are always a tossup.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
In the two E3 before Smash 4 came out they announced 3 newcomers in each. The logical conclusion is that they will do it this time agaiin. If Vergeben is correct then two of the newcomers on Tuesday will be Ridley, and Simon Belmont but who will be the 3d?

In my mind they will hype up Ice Climbers and Snake and give them their own trailers. I'm guessing that instead of 3 newcomers they will hype up 2 newcomers + snake/icies.

I wish that I am wrong because I want there to be a 3rd newcomer shown but this seems to be the most likely

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The Verge leak likely isn't all we're getting in terms of characters, just like Gematsu wasn't the whole picture either. Plus, DLC characters are always a tossup.
I'm not saying they are. As far as the new characters just stated in the leak, neither Ridley or Simon interest me whatsoever. I have no issues with them though. It's really just indifference with them.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Im not a Youtuber by any means and I have yet to upload any videos. However, for my own enjoyment and to share with the fan base, I’m compiling a comprehensive list of music I feel fits into Smash Bros. Switch and Smash in general. Seeing as how new information is just around the corner and hype levels are at the max, I would like to share my playlist with everyone else.

It has a growing number of songs from both represented and unreresented franchises from Nintendo and 3rd party companies. To date, it has 210 songs.
Great list... gonna play it sometime tomorrow.

is only missing some castlevania tunes though ... speaking of which! another iteration of a daily castlevania tunes from a totally different game each day until e3.

Now we are entering the DS era. with the direct sequel of Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of sorrow! the game that decided that castlevania would make an excellent satudary morning cartoon and decided to change all that scary gothic art for generic anime stuff and nonsensical moonboots.... yay!

Still, even if the story is kinda meh... the castle didnt turn into a generic anime spoof and stayed very castlevaniash, and as tradition, the music have still tons of memorable pieces, plus gameplay wise made some improvements over Aria of sorrow, and even give us a sweet extramode as a reedition of Castlevania 3 story arc. with even a fitting secret boss and all!

enjoy!

ugh... if simon is in smash... 'm gonna die.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

I like how you included songs from pasts generations of Nintendo, there's still a lot of that music that deserves to be in Smash (where's Wario Land?!) one of my Smash "dreams" is to have like a really huge, silly huge collection of music.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Reminder that this game is coming out in the next 6 months.

They're probably going to have more than 3 characters. Or, at the very least, they're going to reveal them quickly over a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom