• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If the leak is true... no cuts.... no cuts....

Snake returns, Icies return... my god....

If true i'll be pulling for all the cut vets more then ever... Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Young Link
This Smash will literally be 5 characters away from having every character that ever appeared in Smash as a playable character.

Such a complete roster... a thing of perfection.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, on another news, the guy who """"""hinted""""""" at Sora, Elma, Simon deleted his tweet saying that "OH GEEE MY SOURCE FOOLED ME".
And now claim that the game is called Super Smash Bros Clash and the release date is the 19 october.
What a troll.
Definitely hoping that Smash comes as soon as possible, I'm from the U.S.V.I. and down here we are already in Hurricane Season. I have no power over the release date, but getting it sooner is better than getting it later. I'm hopeful this year's Hurricane Season will be A LOT better than last year and we get nothing, but I would love to get it ASAP.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I've said this before but I just want them to focus on 1st party characters more. Those are what excite me the most.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Man...Guys I really hope this all pays off in the end. Even though the logical choice is to control your expectations and still look at this with a degree of skepticism, it still won't alleviate the painful dissapointment if Ridley is a no-show on Tuesday, because...everything is going so f******* right so far, yet there's still a chance, still a possibility, still a likelihood, that it could all go so wrong. It's actually getting me a bit pissed off now that I'm thinking about it. No worse feeling than what I described above.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
That's strange, usually there's more FE hate there than anything. The way they rip into FE, Lyn included has made me want wait for that hellfire to cool down before stepping foot back there. There's a reason why I lurk there, and talk with you all here :)

Also on a side note, if I both want a Zelda newcomer AND a FE character will I be spared from your wrath? :)
There is more FE hate at Gamefaqs. Tons of it actually. I frequented the Smash Switch board a lot before joining Smashboards, and I still go there often. Trust me, the FE hate there is bad. In fact, I recognize the username KingIceSonic from a few hours ago in a topic at Gamefaqs, where they were arguing how FE fans are "greedy".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Great list... gonna play it sometime tomorrow.

is only missing some castlevania tunes though ... speaking of which! another iteration of a daily castlevania tunes from a totally different game each day until e3.

Now we are entering the DS era. with the direct sequel of Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of sorrow! the game that decided that castlevania would make an excellent satudary morning cartoon and decided to change all that scary gothic art for generic anime stuff and nonsensical moonboots.... yay!

Still, even if the story is kinda meh... the castle didnt turn into a generic anime spoof and stayed very castlevaniash, and as tradition, the music have still tons of memorable pieces, plus gameplay wise made some improvements over Aria of sorrow, and even give us a sweet extramode as a reedition of Castlevania 3 story arc. with even a fitting secret boss and all!

enjoy!

ugh... if simon is in smash... 'm gonna die.

You know what a great-Smash fitting Castlevania music collection is? Harmony of Despair's OST! imo is the best Castlevania compilation, it includes pretty much every iconic theme.
Of course the songs don't need to be taken directly from that game, put some new arrangements, and other tracks taken from the og games and you got a perfect Castlevania soundtrack for Smash.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
That depends, do I get to choose what pose I get make just before she turns me to stone?
Honestly, I'm sold on Medusa if her petrification doesn't cause flinching, at least when the opponent is grounded. Catching someone mid-attack would be so much more satisfying, to say nothing of stone taunts.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
New 4chan "leak" coming in via ResetEra, didn't see anybody mention this ITT yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-240#post-9005930

Don't really have an opinion on it asofyet, just wanted to contribute it for discussion
I was going to report it for my daily 4chan leak but...
>Steenee
>Implying Nintendo would do a Demo Booth with Ryu/Bayo but no ****ing Sonic in it
>Lmaoing at All veterant have literally no change at all
>Kirby in a robobro what the ****
>A guy named Athlete

It sounds too dumb to be true, even for Sakurai.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Plot twist- Steenee just recycles parts of ivysaurs moveset with some new parts thrown in because they didn't want to bring ivysaur back
most likely a fake with a lot of effort though.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
New 4chan "leak" coming in via ResetEra, didn't see anybody mention this ITT yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...st3-on-path-to-e3.44544/page-240#post-9005930

Don't really have an opinion on it asofyet, just wanted to contribute it for discussion
Hahaha, Steenee, Robobot armor? Nice try that's fa-

...wait, Dyna Blade? Only the most blatant amount of Sakurai bias could make that happen, it's real, nobody would even think of Dyna Blade except for him.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Man, if this leak is actually real and bandana dee isn't in the game I would be pretty upset, it would basically be Sakurai giving kirby fans the bird (Dyna blade pun intended)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

>Steenee.
>Robobot Armor

The ****.

>Athlete

Really? Come on.

Y'know what? Sure, it could happen. Except, this dude totally was just trying to write as much as possible to "seem legit" only to throw a bunch of WTFs in there.

Let's never forget Wii Fit Trainer being real though.

Edit: Also, I hate the "snarky outsider" attitude the leaker has in that ****. Always such an annoying gimmick to make them seem "legit". "LITTLE MAC IS BROKEN LOL" "I dunno what these dudes do but they seem the same to me!" "CUT BAYONETTA REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like Steenee, but she's just a rather forgettable Pokemon. The argument can't even be made that Greninja wasn't a guranteed breakout star and he got chosen for Smash and thus it's the same situation, becase at least Greninja was a starter Pokemon so people would remember him.

Steenee's cute, and one of the better designed Pokemon in Sun and Moon, so I wouldn't mind her inclusion. What does have me bothered, is that robobot Kirby and Kirby are apparently completely different characters, which makes no sense to me.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The fact that we all think it's nonsense probably means it's gonna turn out real.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Will it ever be possible to NOT bring up leaks during the remaining 24 hours before the E3 Nintendo Direct? They're just trying to be rotten spoilers.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
It's fake as fake can be, but at least it gives us a few minutes of entertainment.

Realtalk though, in a hypothetical where Steenee was the Pokemon newcomer, how do you think she'd play?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I like Steenee, but she's just a rather forgettable Pokemon. The argument can't even be made that Greninja wasn't a guranteed breakout star and he got chosen for Smash and thus it's the same situation, becase at least Greninja was a starter Pokemon so people would remember him.

Steenee's cute, and one of the better designed Pokemon in Sun and Moon, so I wouldn't mind her inclusion. What does have me bothered, is that robobot Kirby and Kirby are apparently completely different characters, which makes no sense to me.
I mean different versions of the same character is nothing new.

:4mario::4drmario:
:4zelda::4sheik:
:4samus::4zss:
could MAYBE make the argument for :pikachumelee::pichumelee:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know what a great-Smash fitting Castlevania music collection is? Harmony of Despair's OST! imo is the best Castlevania compilation, it includes pretty much every iconic theme.
Of course the songs don't need to be taken directly from that game, put some new arrangements, and other tracks taken from the og games and you got a perfect Castlevania soundtrack for Smash.
good old HoDe. i still remember when that game got announced, i was kinda mad casue the concept was amazing.. but the execution was... ugh still, i think i prefer a little more judgement OST. (HoDe was still leagues better than judgement though.. another great idea with terrible execution)

is like a constant in castlevania, even the ****tier games have amazing music... :p

for that compilation though i was opting to put songs from the original games, to ilustrate the sense of Castlevania rich history better. and to fight that feel that castlevania is only a retro series, and that its only hits are "Vampire Killer" and "Bloody Tears".

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Robobot kirby seems like the biggest mistake in the history of smash rosters if bandana dee isn't in the roster.
As a newcomer or a default kirby remake, seems like a mistake either way.
Removing default kirby? No way.
Robobot kirby instead of bandana dee? That's a good way to get crucified.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
y'all steenee would be a better choice than half the characters that have been in leaks so honestly?

come E3 and we see STEENEE MAKES THE CUT

i won't even be mad lol

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If this leak is true then I'm going to finally learn exactly how the Metroid fans felt when their second character was Samus in a different outfit.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
We’re about to hit 1500....

To think that this all aligns so perfectly.

I can’t imagine the excitement I’ll feel on Tuesday....

Hopefully my heart doesn’t explode and kill me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, leaks are supposed to go to this thread.

Likewise, when actually listing the leak, please give the details of the linked post for everyone's convenience. Spoilering them is not a bad idea, but not a requirement here.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This leak is so fake. The characters are so implausible. Vergeben is far more believable than this.

Polan

Smash Lord
that leak reeked of trying too hard. the newcomer choices, they way they talk, everything just sounded like someone trying to sound legitimate but failing hilariously. seriously can we stop giving these "leakers" any sort of legitimate attention? just point and laugh and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom