• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Why the assumption of specifically two third parties?
Well, if Simon AND Snake come in, that would make two third parties-
We always had two third parties join EXCEPT DLC
Brawl:Snake Sonic
Smash4 : Pac-man/Megaman
Switch: Simon/Snake?
THOUGH Not going to lie...I'm one of the few people who would love more third parties getting announced, but for me. Third parties are mostly Either E3 surprise, or Smash Direct surprise-

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
While I'm hungry for a newcomer reveal I'd be yet happier if they say that will be revealing only one/two newcomers at E3, but reveal a newcomer every month until the game comes out. The game can't be over 7 six months from now, so it's not a impossible feat. And I'd love to have the "Newcomer of the month" thing.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Damn, Vergeben doubling and tripling down on Ridley... I sure hope this is not a last hoax before he gets out of the leaker-scene. Damn those 6 days cannot pass fast enough haha.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
While I'm hungry for newcomers reveal I'd be yet happier if they say that will be revealing only one/two newcomers at E3, but reveal a newcomer every month until the game comes out. The game can't be over 7 six months from now, so it's not a impossible feat. And I'd love to have the "Newcomer of the month" thing.
You know that, in the optic that this game only have MAXIMUM 6 month until December to release that would mean we need a minimum of Six newcomers reveal this E3, to get a minimum of 12 newcomers for one reveal per month-
I don't know if Icies and Snake will count as Newcomers or not but if they do, yeah, it's the minimum, meaning we would have to get 2 more reveal at E3 beside Ridley/Simon/Snake/Icies

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not bad to be said, but not something eveyone will be able to handle
I can wait. After all, I still have Smash Wii U by my side, and I'm not quite as hyped with the newcomer speculation as I was with Smash 3DS / Wii U.

At this point, the only potential newcomer that I truly wish to be playable is King K. Rool.

Minch

Smash Rookie
The next trailer is going to be a continuation of the Inklings trailer. They're going to show all the silhouettes and everyone is going to be hype....

I totally cut off the rest of your post here, but I just wanted to talk about your first part.

I think a continuation of the Inkling reveal trailer would be an amazing way to start the Smash trailer.

The silhouettes would reveal the main characters and maybe a few new ones. But essentially they would be recruiting the Inklings into Smash to help them out.

In Smash 4 Villager got an invitation, so it seems a lot more lower stakes. Like hey come to our exclusive club.

But with the continuation of the Inkling trailer it would have a complete shift in tone. Like hey we need you to help us fight this threat.

It would be a great precursor into a *fingers crossed* adventure mode where the heroes team up against the villains much like in Subspace Emissary.

Maybe everyone is all about their friendly brawls and melees but at the end of the day they are all buddy buddy. Would explain why Bowser is part of the silhouette crew. But now characters are getting controlled or turning evil again.

Idk they could do whatever with an adventure mode and I'd be happy.

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
It doesn’t help that she’s dead and nobody can bring her to life...and that Smash is apart of the Kid Icarus canon

Imma fight you
What do you mean by Smash is a part of the Kid Icarus canon. Does he reference it in the game? Wouldn’t that just be a joke for the players?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you specifically want the lanky Frogger? And if so, what does he do differently from usual frogger? When I think of Frogger, I think of the one from the PS1 game I had as a kid, so I dont know much about the platformer game.

I kind of want the lanky modern Frogger, but with arm/leg length being shorter, kinda like Mega Man where his classic look has the shorter/arms and length in Smash 4:

As for what he does differently from the old-school Frogger, I am not sure, I have not delved into that territory. The basic idea I have with his move-set is that it would involve him being a master at evading, being able to summon vehicles, logs, and fish for special moves. Frogger is one of the biggest icons in video-game history that aesthetically fits Smash Bros. well, and I would love to see Sakurai pull of a creative move-set out of the character, just like what Sakurai did with Pac-Man with his move-set basically being an amalgamation of classic Pac-Man history. An arcade match-up against Frogger vs. Pac-Man would be amazing! I know people like to bring up Bomberman as the 2nd/3rd Konami character, but I personally would rather see Frogger before Bomberman. I made a campaign for the character way back in Smash 4 DLC days:

Frogger is a choice I want to see so badly.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh yeah, forgot that Frogger was a Komani property these days.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
It doesn’t help that she’s dead and nobody can bring her to life...and that Smash is apart of the Kid Icarus canon
Saying nobody is presumptuous. Maybe Taboo or Master core have some interest in her abilities.
You can always find an excuse. They always do.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know would be the sicket Nintendo live presentation if Nintendo had continued to hold them?

Reggie says “And now the main event you all have been waiting for.”

The stage lights quickly shut off and a mash-up of all the famous Nintendo franchises theme songs serenades the audiences until it reaches a feverish crescendo. At this moment, a spotlight abruptly switches on from above accompanied with a large KWUSCCH sound and illuminates a single individual waiting on the stage.

The audience goes wild and chants: MARIO!! MARIO!! as the the man dressed in a rather large Mario suit showboats about the stage. But just then another light and sound appears with our favorite warrior clad in blue and wielding the sword of legend arrives to challenge Mario.

Link and Mario do battle; trading blows that look so real that you would forget this was all carefully choreographed. But then, five more lights appear and Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Fox appear much to the shock of everyone present. The one vs one quickly becomes a battle royale.

Donkey Kong unleashes a Giant Punch which launched Mario into the air using cables and wires. Pikachu calls forth thunder using flashing stage lights and a KANOOM SFX. Yoshi shoots a spring-loaded tongue attack.

But unseen from the side of the stage comes a hail of ink via paintballs and lights up our suited up cast. Joining them on the stage is our love able Inkling packing a Splatoon themed paintball gun (which is sold separately) . Everyone ducks for cover as the Inkling unleashes ink everywhere. Soon the cast is covered in a rainbow of colors.

But then a siren blares and lights flashes with the whole stage turning red. A loud roaring screech erupts and the assembled cast cower in fear. Coming down from the rafters, a large purple dragon descends onto the stage. The space pirate Ridley makes his grand appearance. Looking almost as if the size and we’re got it the suit is about to crush the man underneath, Ridley touches down and vegans to slam his fists onto the stage.

Frightened, the cast groups together on how to deal with this large purple menace. Coming up with no solution, the decide to charge at him but Ridley has another idea. He simply roars which blows and launches the characters stage left into the darkness. Ridley roars the glee and stomps off to pursue them.

Left on the stage is a large solitary cardboard box with the Smash symbol printed on it. The audiences waits breathlessly when suddenly its lifted an a man in a Snake outfit emerges. He tosses the box to the side and gives a thumbs up as a sound clip plays “Kept you waiting, huh?”

The spotlight dims with the Smash theme song fading into the distance and Reggie comes back on stage and says “Coming to a Nintendo Switch near you!!”

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Well reminder of two thing

1 Ridley is not the most requested in the world Ridley is the most request in the west

2 this leak could end up like the gematsu leak which Is he got everything right but they secretly change them to wrong later in development (chrom and chorus kids incorrect they were likely taken out of development and he didn't know it.)
I doubt this due to how close to release we are, and the fact that it’s Ridley tbh. He is a newcomer that, of included, would have huge implications (hehe huge) on Smash. It’s funny, despite never being a playable character, his impact on the Smash series from an overview standpoint is huge.

Ridley is def the most wanted in the West though, perhaps maybe second to Waluigi who also has been cheated several times.

Sakurai seems to hate tall, purple, lanky characters.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Vergeben is going in a damn rampage with info now. Still, it's nice to know that there's more than one of his sources backing up those 4 characters + Wii U Roster, makes it a little more likely. There were also a lot of rumors about ReBirth be rereleased somehow and if that Compilation is indeed Castlevania then it does make sense. I want to believe but I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic.
If the compilation is just the Rebirth collection, that hurts him more than helps. He's specifically saying the compilation includes Symphony of the Night, and Rebirth has been rumored to be getting a trilogy collection since January.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I wonder, if Ridley actually got in, would that spur a lot of other giant characters to have play-ability movements for smash bros? What would be the ramifications and consequences of his inclusion? Would he be definatively "The New biggest character limit"?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wanted leaks like a week ago but we're in the home stretch now, I can survive 6 days...I think I can at least...
If you can then you have one real will power
I can wait. After all, I still have Smash Wii U by my side, and I'm not quite as hyped with the newcomer speculation as I was with Smash 3DS / Wii U.

At this point, the only potential newcomer that I truly wish to be playable is King K. Rool.
Well atleast you got something to hold you until Smash Switch. Best I got is watching the DKC show
What do you mean by Smash is a part of the Kid Icarus canon. Does he reference it in the game? Wouldn’t that just be a joke for the players?
Pit and Palutena joke about the series twice in Uprising, and the Palutena’s Guidance is an epilogue to the game’s ending (Dark Pit’s convo specifically)
Links
Y
4:21
Edge
Saying nobody is presumptuous. Maybe Taboo or Master core have some interest in her abilities.
You can always find an excuse. They always do.
Didn’t Tabuu die? And wouldn’t it make more sense for either Master to go for Hades instead...or even Pandora if she’s alive?
A character being dead is a very poor reason to keep them out tbh
Not in this situation. Don’t think any other game series has had Smash be canon to them before (maybe Kirby...maybe)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I doubt this due to how close to release we are, and the fact that it’s Ridley tbh. He is a newcomer that, of included, would have huge implications (hehe huge) on Smash. It’s funny, despite never being a playable character, his impact on the Smash series from an overview standpoint is huge.

Ridley is def the most wanted in the West though, perhaps maybe second to Waluigi who also has been cheated several times.

Sakurai seems to hate tall, purple, lanky characters.
to be honest I don't see why Waluigi has such a huge fanbase wanting him to be in Smash

honestly I wouldn't say Waluigi has been "cheated", he's a spinoff character and has had no appearances in main Mario games. why would he be in smash? If anything he's gotten treated pretty good, a spinoff character and he gets to be an assist trophy?? Not bad.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
If the compilation is just the Rebirth collection, that hurts him more than helps. He's specifically saying the compilation includes Symphony of the Night, and Rebirth has been rumored to be getting a trilogy collection since January.
He refers to the castlevania information as "One compilation, one new title". I'll repost what was said below:

Attachments

SonicMario

Smash Master
I kind of want the lanky modern Frogger, but with arm/leg length being shorter, kinda like Mega Man where his classic look has the shorter/arms and length in Smash 4:

As for what he does differently from the old-school Frogger, I am not sure, I have not delved into that territory. The basic idea I have with his move-set is that it would involve him being a master at evading, being able to summon vehicles, logs, and fish for special moves. Frogger is one of the biggest icons in video-game history that aesthetically fits Smash Bros. well, and I would love to see Sakurai pull of a creative move-set out of the character, just like what Sakurai did with Pac-Man with his move-set basically being an amalgamation of classic Pac-Man history. An arcade match-up against Frogger vs. Pac-Man would be amazing! I know people like to bring up Bomberman as the 2nd/3rd Konami character, but I personally would rather see Frogger before Bomberman. I made a campaign for the character way back in Smash 4 DLC days:

But then Cloud and Bayonetta came in instead with the backgrounds they have on the Smash 4 website to make the rainbow heh

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I wonder, if Ridley actually got in, would that spur a lot of other giant characters to have play-ability movements for smash bros? What would be the ramifications and consequences of his inclusion? Would he be definatively "The New biggest character limit"?
I was thinking of this too, like what would be the ramifications, would it be on the same level as Cloud and Bayonetta where our perception of what is possible is shattered? Not only the size debate, but past roles as well as past depictions (going from a huge boss size in the last game to a player size). Not to mention being the absloute new spokesman for never ****ing trust Sakurai.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Well reminder of two thing

1 Ridley is not the most requested in the world Ridley is the most request in the west

2 this leak could end up like the gematsu leak which Is he got everything right but they secretly change them to wrong later in development (chrom and chorus kids incorrect they were likely taken out of development and he didn't know it.)
I never said he's the most requested in the world. I said he's my most requested. And I'm aware that it could be wrong, which is why I added the section about "even if it gets 100% confirmed".

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just a big sucker who is beyond desperate for anything Castlevania related besides the Netflix show (which is awesome by the way, but not a game), but at this point I'm about 90% confident that Vergeben has legit sources regarding Smash 5. Mock me if he's wrong, but at this point it'll be hard to convince me that Konami adding the listing for two new Switch games doesn't prove him correct.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The point is, you can find an excuse for that as well.
From a continuity standpoint you’d need more than an excuse (unless Medusa is a clone, alternate version, or is somehow resurrected, it ain’t gonna be real easy to bs something Sakurai worked on). Don’t think the Daddy of Smash/Kirby/Kid Icarus would want to bs his own story

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It would depend on how he'd be like in Smash, whether they'd make his size a key component to his character or they'd just casually shrink him down. If they'd make his size his gimmick (which I dread they'd do) then that would obviously make Ridley a special case.

In general big characters don't tend to be very important though, at least in Nintendo games they're usually there just for the wow factor, off the top of my head the only notable one I can think of would be Andross (who's support would likely still be dwarfed by Krystal's), so I don't think it'd mean much for the speculation scene. Then there's also the matter of proportions, people tend to say that Ridley's proportions could be a problem, but out of any potential giant characters his proportions are probably the most workable, he's far easier to imagine than many of his fellow Metroid bosses for example.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Well Frogger was a big deal in terms of video game history...what exactly could he do though since aside from a long tongue and high jumps(hi Yoshi and Greninja) I'm not sure what else Frogger has to work with?

INSPIRE PLEASE.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I dunno if this has been posted already, but it seems we have a length for Nintendo's presentation.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I dunno if this has been posted already, but it seems we have a length for Nintendo's presentation.
What schedule are they looking at? Any way that makes a lot more sense than the original 30 people talked about. I can easily see smash getting 15 of that.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Sadly I will have to work on Nintendo E3 day, but even though it is a bit unlikely I kinda hope the Smash info is a little early in as I probably won't resist jumping straight to the Smash content when watching a replay lol.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well that debunks all the leaks that said the direct will be 30 minutes or 1 hour.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
45 minutes are alot actually, just if you think about how much time each trailer and reveal will eat think about this
metroid if shown will take up to 4-8 minutes
Smash might eat away up to 10 if we have it throughout the entire directeach game reveal and mention durreng a fast rush takes 30 seconds adding to about 3-5 minutes of small things
also alot of talking niot just trailers, so i guess 7 minutes of just talking to us
and bam the direct is over

you can fit maybe 3-4 big trailers in this, 3-4 big announcements, then like 10 .15 small rusn announcements
and talking
I think at least, maybe somebody has a better idea about this

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash
Metroid
Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Pokémon (maybe)
Bayonetta 3
3rd Party stuff that hasn’t been announced yet
New reveals
Insanity to all fans

Zippo

Smash Journeyman

Twitch says the Direct will be around 45 minutes. Nintendo has also delisted both the Switch Presentation and last year's E3 Spolight.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Both 30 minutes and 45 minutes are pretty generic estimates, chances are it's somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom