• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben is going in a damn rampage with info now. Still, it's nice to know that there's more than one of his sources backing up those 4 characters + Wii U Roster, makes it a little more likely. There were also a lot of rumors about ReBirth be rereleased somehow and if that Compilation is indeed Castlevania then it does make sense. I want to believe but I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic.
*cue X-Files theme* Seriously though, me too. Ridley's my #1 most wanted EVER, but the idea of Castlevania on the Switch gets me all hot and bothered too...like dang I would love that.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm honestly going to feel pretty bad for Vergeben if this ends up blowing up in everyone's faces. He seems so sure of this that I can't help but hope that he's right for his sake.

As always though, I'm going to be cautious on the possibility of Ridley in Smash since I've been burned plenty of times on that in the past.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly going to feel a pretty bad for Vergeben if this ends up blowing up in everyone's faces. He seems so sure of this that I can't help but hope that he's right for his sake.

As always though, I'm going to be cautious on the possibility of Ridley in Smash since I've been burned plenty of times on that in the past.
Good rule of thumb with any leak, but particularly those that involve our beautiful Space Pirate.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Glad to see people are still being cautious with this Vergeben rumor. As exciting as it sounds, its still just a simple text rumor that could easily be wrong. I'd hate to see this place ignite into flames because none of these guys get revealed at E3.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ridley will not be revealed at e3. But I don't want to bet a shoe only on that. Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers and Simon are all will not ALL be playable.

Okay peasants, who wants to take me up on this bet? If all of those characters are in the game, I will literally go online, buy an edible shoe, and eat it (Hell, I'll livestream it).

But you have to do something when you're wrong: For a month, your signature will say "Slick Wylde is the wisest, most awesome person who has ever lived. Praise be to Wylde Sama"

EDIT!!!!! People are wildly misunderstanding my post lol. I'm saying I don't think all 4 of the characters mentioned will be playable. I'm not saying none of them will be playable. I'm also not being serious, and if you know my past on here, I don't mind being wrong. This is my way of joking about and having fun, and maybe paying for it. Don't think I'm a big negative meanie! :'(

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
All I'm asking for is that Vergeben doesn't confirm the imgur leak to be real because if it is I will end up looking like a weeaboo for the next 6 months.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Glad to see people are still being cautious with this Vergeben rumor. As exciting as it sounds, its still just a simple text rumor that could easily be wrong. I'd hate to see this place ignite into flames because none of these guys get revealed at E3.
I wouldn't call it "A simple text rumour" but people just need to learn to be pessimistic about video games they want so they're prepared for the worst and excited at the good stuff
All I'm asking for is that Vergeben doesn't confirm the imgur leak to be real because if it is I will end up looking like a weeaboo for the next 6 months.
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Another statement claiming Ridley is getting unveiled at E3.
I am beginning to think that, if he is right, Ridley might be the only newcomer revealed at E3 2018. Notice he did say Ridley will be revealed at E3 2018 but he didn't say Simon Belmont, Ice Climbers, and Snake would be revealed at E3 2018 even though they are in the game.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
This also reminds that that, prior to Ashley, the only other Wario Assist Trophy was Kat & Ana, two other WarioWare characters that aren't terrifying.
Kat, and Ana also sounds like a good choice to for an Assist Trophy promotion to Playable Character too but it wouldn't happen before Ashley or arguably Mona.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I am beginning to think that, if he is right, Ridley might be the only newcomer revealed at E3 2018. Notice he did say Ridley will be revealed at E3 2018 but he didn't say Simon Belmont, Ice Climbers, and Snake would be revealed at E3 2018 even though they are in the game.
As awesome as a Ridley-only themed E3 would be (for me), I find it doubtful that if he IS playable (which I still doubt) that he'd be the the only one revealed. We know almost nothing about this game and it comes out later this year. Smash 4 had I believe 5 newcomers playable during its demo at E3.

Granted, Smash 4 had been announced for longer, but I'd still bet on at least 3 newcomer reveals.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way it's also possible that all these characters won't be shown in the headline Direct. It's been confirmed that Smash is the first game to be demoed on Treehouse after the Direct. Meaning they could save one or more of those reveals for it, especially if Smash is the Treehouse's main focus for E3

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Literally no reason for Nintendo to let this happen. As exciting as Ridley is, they're gonna need more than him and the Inklings if they want to hype people for this game.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Ridley will not be revealed at e3. But I don't want to bet a shoe only on that. Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers and Simon are all will not ALL be playable.

Okay peasants, who wants to take me up on this bet? If all of those characters are in the game, I will literally go online, buy an edible shoe, and eat it (Hell, I'll livestream it).

But you have to do something when you're wrong: For a month, your signature will say "Slick Wylde is the wisest, most awesome person who has ever lived. Praise be to Wylde Sama"
Then be ready to lose because there's almost not way IC are not coming back. Also why so pessimistic? I understand being cautious on believing this, but you're so negative, with all due respect.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
By the way it's also possible that all these characters won't be shown in the headline Direct. It's been confirmed that Smash is the first game to be demoed on Treehouse after the Direct. Meaning they could save one or more of those reveals for it, especially if Smash is the Treehouse's main focus for E3
So there is a possibility we could have a character reveal like when Pac-Man was revealed at the developer roundtable after E3 2014 ended?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
ICs is like the perfect Treehouse reveal, not such a big announcement that it needs to be in the Direct or at the Invitational (if they reveal anything there), but big enough that it'll make waves and get people to tune in for the Treehouse stream.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but I'd be willing to bet that there will be 2 newcomer reveals at E3 aside from Inklings (one 1st party and one 3rd party). Smash 4 had Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer initially revealed at E3, which felt like a healthy, full reveal. I wouldn't be mad if there were more or less, it's just a guess. I'm just happy that it will have some kind of presence. I've been dying to see gameplay, so I can't wait to try it out!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't want to believe that leak purely because, outside of Simon and MAYBE Snake, it's just kinda... Boring. I don't really want Ridley in this game, and Icies are cool, but they're not hype inducing.

I'm super excited for E3, but if these are the newcomers they're revealing, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I now realized that if Veterant get a "newcomers reveal" like Charizard, it would mean our two third parties for this game are Simon and Snake.
My bet is the following.
Inkling gameplay, Ridley, Icies and Simon during main trailer
Two character reveal spread during the direct inbetween other games
Snake coming back as the "last surprise" for the direct

I don't want to believe that leak purely because, outside of Simon and MAYBE Snake, it's just kinda... Boring. I don't really want Ridley in this game, and Icies are cool, but they're not hype inducing.

I'm super excited for E3, but if these are the newcomers they're revealing, I'll be pretty disappointed.
No way they would use two veterant for an E3 reveal. That's why I'm betting two characters reveal other than Icies and Snake

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman

I'll take that bet
Edit:
Then be ready to lose because there's almost not way IC are not coming back. Also why so pessimistic? I understand being cautious on believing this, but you're so negative, with all due respect.
I think he's saying they won't all be in, not none of them will be.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I watched Polygon's video on the newcomers the staff would like to see, one of the interesting choices was Cappy being a playable character in Smash in his ghost form, and honestly, I never really considered it, but somehow, I find it plausible. How do you feel about his chances in being playable in the game?

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
I think the Nintendo Direct presentation will be 60 minutes, and the second half will be about Smash since that is their main focus.

What do you guys think?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

I'll bite, why the Hell not. I'm not even certain on the leak, but putting a sentence in my signature is a small price to pay for even the slightest chance to see someone eat a shoe! :laugh:

After watching a couple of videos of some of my favorite retro games like For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon, I made a Smash newcomer wishlist that I would personally love to see:

I went all out on expressing my deepest personal wants.
Do you specifically want the lanky Frogger? And if so, what does he do differently from usual frogger? When I think of Frogger, I think of the one from the PS1 game I had as a kid, so I dont know much about the platformer game.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Another statement claiming Ridley is getting unveiled at E3.
Hey, look, it's me.

Speaking of, he replied again.
Me said:
So you have two sources backing Ridley, Ice Climbers, Simon, Snake, and no cuts, with one of them saying Ridley's reveal is slated for E3?

Is your most credible source still the one who says Ridley's in and that the game's a sequel with reused assets to a degree?

And has the guy who claimed to see materials concerning Ridley have any previous connections with you? Do you know if he's credible?
DasVergeben said:
Yes.

Yes but the one who's also heard backing those characters is also very credible as well.

The one who claims to have seen the materials is someone I met coming to me with information that they saw them. I didn't know them prior. Their credibility remains to be seen if they saw what they claimed to have handled. But it doesn't matter if what they said is true or not since the case is isolated to where they specifically could've been lying and the result still be the same because Ridley is playable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_big_smash_leaks_for_those_that_care/e083x3k

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
I watched Polygon's video on the newcomers the staff would like to see, one of the interesting choices was Cappy being a playable character in Smash in his ghost form, and honestly, I never really considered it, but somehow, I find it plausible. How do you feel about his chances in being playable in the game?
I would say pretty low, Nintendo is probably considering another Mario character instead.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

You've already lost

Your fatal mistake just said ice climbers will not be playable but the only reason they were kicked is 3ds limitations that ain't no problem no more

Oh and remind for people who takes his bet (not me) the bet doesn't end till E3 does if Ridley is not shown in the direct the bet isn't over yet it's not till the very end of E3

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I think the Nintendo Direct presentation will be 60 minutes, and the second half will be about Smash since that is their main focus.

What do you guys think?
Didn't we have confirmation of it being 30 minutes? I might be making that up

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Didn't we have confirmation of it being 30 minutes? I might be making that up
I recall it wasn't an official statement, but just another leak.
I might be wrong tho.

I don't really like that idea.
I would prefer a reworked Mario with Cappy in his moveset way more. Except the established abilities of possessing people and Kung Lao-ing enemies I don't think there's enough elements in his character to make him a standalone fighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom