• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This might sound weird, but does anyone find it thrilling when you find out more and more characters get deconfirmed for Smash? Some characters you might have really wanted. Some you might have not cared about at all. Either way, it always has me on the edge of my seat. It's like a warped version of Survivor, only it's for video game characters who want to get in Smash.
Yeah, I find it pretty neat to see a character disconfirmed. Though you could assume so, considering the thread I run

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
45 minutes are alot actually, just if you think about how much time each trailer and reveal will eat think about this
metroid if shown will take up to 4-8 minutes
Smash might eat away up to 10 if we have it throughout the entire directeach game reveal and mention durreng a fast rush takes 30 seconds adding to about 3-5 minutes of small things
also alot of talking niot just trailers, so i guess 7 minutes of just talking to us
and bam the direct is over

you can fit maybe 3-4 big trailers in this, 3-4 big announcements, then like 10 .15 small rusn announcements
and talking
I think at least, maybe somebody has a better idea about this
They are going to spend a good 5-10 minutes just showing off Fortnite for Nintendo Switch

That game is on every electronic system know to man but it still generates hype so I know Nintendo will make a long trailer for it.

I'm glad Fortnite is coming to switch but we don't need a long gameplay trailer for a game that is literally free on every other console. If you're watching E3 then you probably have the device to play Fortnite already.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Inb4 the 45 minutes is gameplay footage of Mario vs Link on Battlefield 3.0, a brief look of Inkling, and a special reveal at the end.......

Smash Tour Plus with McDonalds exclusive Amiibos.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They are going to spend a good 5-10 minutes just showing off Fortnite for Nintendo Switch

That game is on every electronic system know to man but it still generates hype so I know Nintendo will make a long trailer for it.

I'm glad Fortnite is coming to switch but we don't need a long gameplay trailer for a game that is literally free on every other console. If you're watching E3 then you probably have the device to play Fortnite already.
Unless you sold everything to be there in person.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Or they can just make it a 2-3 minute video and have all the noobs shut up and play it after E-3. Smash is more important than Fortnite

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even spanish gaming websites are reporting Vergeben's "leaks".
I think that makes sense. I believe Castlevania is very popular in Latin America. The Simon4Smash Facebook group has a lot of Hispanic/Latino fans from Brazil (#1), Mexico (#2), and other Latin American countries.

a brand new Animal Crossing
Yes. I need this. I want a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch. Bigger and better than New Leaf and Pocket Camp combined.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

I doubt Fortnite will take that long. My guess is there'll be a 30 second lead-up and introduction, one minute to sell people who aren't already on-board with the game, and possibly another minute if there's Switch exclusive content.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I doubt Fortnite will take that long. My guess is there'll be a 30 second lead-up and introduction, one minute to sell people who aren't already on-board with the game, and possibly another minute if there's Switch exclusive content.
And then another minute for the Smash x Fortnite Battle Royale trailer. ;)

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to break out of the summer blues of sleeping in so I can wake up early to watch the presentation.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well Frogger was a big deal in terms of video game history...what exactly could he do though since aside from a long tongue and high jumps(hi Yoshi and Greninja) I'm not sure what else Frogger has to work with?

INSPIRE PLEASE.
Sure, I can make a quick move-set and play-style:

Neutral-B: Tongue Lash: Frogger quickly whips out his tongue to paralyze the opponent for a very short period of time that allows Frogger to attack freely. The tongue automatically homes at the opponent within its area. Can be rapidly used to paralyze multiple opponents. If abused too much, Frogger tires out and is vulnerable to attack.

Side-B: Thrust Jump: Frogger leans charges for a horizontal spin jump attack. The longer you charge, the greater the distance. When the move is active, Frogger can dodge by pressing the special button, and pressing B again allows Frogger to do a quick, but weak counterattack. If abused too much, Frogger tires out and is vulnerable to attack.

Down-B: Vehicle: Frogger summons a vehicle, avoiding the vehicle by jumping from behind. These vehicles range from powerful to weak: trucks, cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles. The vehicle chosen is randomized. If Frogger is tired out when using this move, Frogger will end up being hit by the vehicle.

Up-B: High-Jump: Functions similarly Thrust Jump. You can jump a high vertical distance, spin-jump attack, be able to dodge in mid-air, and counter too. The special move does not have the weakness of tiring Frogger out, but if Frogger uses this move while in a tired state from using Neutral-B, the vertical distance travelled will be far lower.

Frogger would basically be an evading master in Smash, staying true to how Frogger plays in the arcade game. He can dodge-roll quickly, side-step quickly, a plethora of moves that help Frogger escape from the most tight situations. When Frogger successfully avoids an attack from an opponent, he is awarded stamina, which recovers his special moves back to its normal state. The weaknesses he would have is his weak attack power, being VERY lightweight, and being able to tire out if Frogger uses his special moves too much. In return, he is a character with masterful mobility. If I could name his play-style, he would be called the "Evasive Martial Artist".

This was surprisingly fun to construct. I actually want Frogger even more badly now.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I just rewatched the Super Mario Bros movie.
I just can't think on a clever thing to say about it, is so weird and have so little to do with the games that it totally could be it's own movie... but the actor that had the role of Mario did a good job, he really looked like a real life Mario.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hey, here's a Sakurai tweet. No jokes.

Translation: "Of course, I will introduce something. It's been a while..."

Apparently, this was yesterday, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it. I think Sakurai will be in the Smash reveal detailing the game for us.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Oh yeah, we've known that

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, if Simon AND Snake come in, that would make two third parties-
We always had two third parties join EXCEPT DLC
Brawl:Snake Sonic
Smash4 : Pac-man/Megaman
Switch: Simon/Snake?
THOUGH Not going to lie...I'm one of the few people who would love more third parties getting announced, but for me. Third parties are mostly Either E3 surprise, or Smash Direct surprise-
I mean, we've gotten two third parties all of two times. Not exactly a pattern yet.

There's every possibility of three or four third parties, even. No reason to assume we're stuck at two for base roster.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
I'm so hyped for E3 that I am literally hook my PC to my TV, get some popcorn (not really), sit back and relax so I can watch E3 in a better experience. :pikachu:

this game also could be just a super smash bros meele with all the new characters :D i mean maybe we get this game to be hardcore asf
<.< https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6rxg4zWutWU
this is going to be in my playlist for the 1 hours before the direct, LETS GOOOO
I expect it to be the same engine as Smash 4, just with Nintendo having more support for the esports scene, which would be perfect.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, if Simon AND Snake come in, that would make two third parties-
We always had two third parties join EXCEPT DLC
Brawl:Snake Sonic
Smash4 : Pac-man/Megaman
Switch: Simon/Snake?
THOUGH Not going to lie...I'm one of the few people who would love more third parties getting announced, but for me. Third parties are mostly Either E3 surprise, or Smash Direct surprise-
Wouldnt it make more sense for this “pattern” to involve two new 3rd party reveals instead of a new and returning character?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Apparently, this was yesterday, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it. I think Sakurai will be in the Smash reveal detailing the game for us.
Come on man I'm trying to be patient for Monday to end the vergeben rumor

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Well Frogger was a big deal in terms of video game history...what exactly could he do though since aside from a long tongue and high jumps(hi Yoshi and Greninja) I'm not sure what else Frogger has to work with?

INSPIRE PLEASE.
There was a 3D Frogger platformer, they could pull from there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
T-Hell T-Hell TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 Llort A. Ton Llort A. Ton Originality Originality

T-Hell: Sorry you thought I was being negative, it's just my humor. I would love if these characters got in the game. And like someone else pointed out, I'm making a bet that not all of them are getting in.

I'm not saying literally none of them are getting in.

I really really hope IC's at least are back!

For those that took me on: I lose the bet if ALL of those characters get in, not just one of them.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Originality Originality

T-Hell: Sorry you thought I was being negative, it's just my humor. I would love if these characters got in the game. And like someone else pointed out, I'm making a bet that not all of them are getting in.

I'm not saying literally none of them are getting in.

I really really hope IC's at least are back!

For those that took me on: I lose the bet if ALL of those characters get in, not just one of them.
Yes I understand, still taking the bet

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So who wants to bet we'll be up to 1500 pages by the weekend?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Ganondorf's kinda dead in TP anyway.
Are there any other characters in Smash that are confirmed dead in any way? (Like Marth and Ike in Awakening)
Sonic was totally dead for a couple of minutes in the BEST Sonic game, before being brought back to life when a human girl macked on him.

I could be wrong, by I think original Mega Man is considered to be dead in all the followup series (X, Legends and so on).

Not in Smash quite yet, but Ridley died for good in Super Metroid. There are only two Metroids after Super in the timeline. The Ridley in Other M is a clone, and Neo Ridley in Fusion is really just an X Parasite pretending to be Ridley.

Any given Link and Zelda are most likely dead during the events of any given game (Ocarina and Twilight Link aren't running around during Breath of the Wild).

Isn't Mother 3 set 100 years after EarthBound? It's possible, by I wouldn't bet on Ness being alive then.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I hope Sakurai gives us a Yoshi's Flipping Island stage like Wooly World had a stage before launch.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think that makes sense. I believe Castlevania is very popular in Latin America. The Simon4Smash Facebook group has a lot of Hispanic/Latino fans from Brazil (#1), Mexico (#2), and other Latin American countries.

Yes. I need this. I want a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch. Bigger and better than New Leaf and Pocket Camp combined.
I'm from Brazil and I don't see a special hype into Simon. Some friends around want him, but not nothing unusual.
Snake is really wanted.

E3 is finally near the corner.
45 minutes of presentation and nothing leaked yet.
Now that we're so close... I STILL WANT LEAKS. I'll watch hyped even if I learn beforehand that no wanted characters will appear.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok so i’m trying to keep my expectations in check (already lost out on a house my girlfriend and I were hoping to buy) but the thought of Snake coming back is just awesome.

Here’s my question though. If the game is retaining all of the Wii U roster (unless of course it pulls a Gematsu and gives outdated information or something) do they reveal that information at E3? At a later date?

I’ll be honest. I love Smash and would say it’s my favorite game series. But if it turns out that the whole Wii U roster is only being expanded upon, i’ll probably trade in either one of Wii U or 3DS for that extra money down.

Keep an eye out for Friday too. If that’s when the E3 crates will show up, there’s a chance this whole thing gets blown wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom