• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To these day, I genuinely have no Idea why we didn't get Spyro, Crash, Cloud/Lightning/Or any FF character and Snake back in PS All Stars.
Anyone know why?
PS All Stars was a brand new game by a brand new dev with no name for themselves, so bigger companies were more wary of letting their characters in it. Smash is super popular and Sakurai is a well known developer, so third parties are lining up for it instead.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My vague hope is that the burning Smash ball is actually part of a story mode, perhaps being a portal that brings all the fighters together. They then join forces to find the cause of it all.

You could have a trailer of each Smash Universe finding it and touching it, only to be transported to the same realm. Mario and the gang fighting Bowser only to be interrupted by the burning orb, Fire Emblem heroes from across the centuries stumbling upon it, Kirby and friends venturing towards it, etc. Anyways, just my fever dream :laugh:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
My vague hope is that the burning Smash ball is actually part of a story mode, perhaps being a portal that brings all the fighters together. They then join forces to find the cause of it all.

You could have a trailer of each Smash Universe finding it and touching it, only to be transported to the same realm. Mario and the gang fighting Bowser only to be interrupted by the burning orb, Fire Emblem heroes from across the centuries stumbling upon it, Kirby and friends venturing towards it, etc. Anyways, just my fever dream :laugh:
Actually its going to be an adaption of 'The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest', the second longest piece of fiction ever.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I WANT LEAKS. LEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAKS.
Come on Vergeben, Emily, say something!!! I can't handle your strongest wait, E3.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Imagine after Ridley is announced, Sakurai appears and says "There, he's in smash, now will you all shut up about him?"
:troll:
To be fair, part of the reason I want Ridley in is so we can finally shut up about him. Having to discuss about him at every instance is just as tiring for Ridley fans as for everyone else.

I mean, that, and I really like the guy, so him being playable would be rad, but...

?????????????

Smash Master
To be fair, part of the reason I want Ridley in is so we can finally shut up about him. Having to discuss about him at every instance is just as tiring for Ridley fans as for everyone else.

I mean, that, and I really like the guy, so him being playable would be rad, but...
I always thought it was funny; based on comments I got, I felt like people saw me as a “Ridley guy.”

And, yeah, I think it makes sense for him to be in Smash Bros...but he was never one of my favorite characters, unlike Little Mac.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To these day, I genuinely have no Idea why we didn't get Spyro, Crash, Cloud/Lightning/Or any FF character and Snake back in PS All Stars.
Anyone know why?
Maybe they didn’t want to be mistaken to be Smash Bros by fools

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This might sound weird, but does anyone find it thrilling when you find out more and more characters get deconfirmed for Smash? Some characters you might have really wanted. Some you might have not cared about at all. Either way, it always has me on the edge of my seat. It's like a warped version of Survivor, only it's for video game characters who want to get in Smash.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What Fire Emblem is she from? She looks like Valentia, but I don't ever remember seeing her.
She's actually from Fire Emblem Cipher, the Japan-only card game. Shadows of Valentia added her (alongside other Cipher characters Shade, Yuzu, and Randall) as part of a set of DLC characters.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
You know you're getting close to E3 when I just had to skip 20 pages. There is no way I'm gonna be able to catch up with this :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't believe the rumors about Snake getting back in AT ALL. But... I want to believe. I'd love to hear him say "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know you're getting close to E3 when I just had to skip 20 pages. There is no way I'm gonna be able to catch up with this :p
Indeed

I mean vergeben getting something correct about his leak can cause a lot of pages to pop up.
(He guessed a compilation game and another game for the switch from konami to be shown at E3 way before it was revealed)
And the castlevania collection suposivly one makes. A lot more sense for Simon as playable he would promote that collection

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So it seems like vergeben might be true after all? It's weird. It makes me think Ridley is likely in it, but at the same time I still can't see it at all. Maybe it just feels too good to be true since Ridley has been my most wanted first party newcomer forever. It's like I'm expecting to see Ridley and expecting not to at the same time. Even if vergeben is proven 100% correct I will still be surprised to see Ridley. And incredibly hyped.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
This might sound weird, but does anyone find it thrilling when you find out more and more characters get deconfirmed for Smash? Some characters you might have really wanted. Some you might have not cared about at all. Either way, it always has me on the edge of my seat. It's like a warped version of Survivor, only it's for video game characters who want to get in Smash.
I think its the reality show-esque eliminations combined with the fact that your favourite character just got a tiny tiny tiny bit more likely.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So it seems like vergeben might be true after all? It's weird. It makes me think Ridley is likely in it, but at the same time I still can't see it at all. Maybe it just feels too good to be true since Ridley has been my most wanted first party newcomer forever. It's like I'm expecting to see Ridley and expecting not to at the same time. Even if vergeben is proven 100% correct I will still be surprised to see Ridley. And incredibly hyped.
Well reminder of two thing

1 Ridley is not the most requested in the world Ridley is the most request in the west

2 this leak could end up like the gematsu leak which Is he got everything right but they secretly change them to wrong later in development (chrom and chorus kids incorrect they were likely taken out of development and he didn't know it.)

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Even spanish gaming websites are reporting Vergeben's "leaks". Man, if everything ends up being false but he didn't actually mean to troll, he's gonna have a hard time.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I believe the 4chan icy mountain trailer leak for some reason, it seems really believable to me for some inexplicable reason. I also really want Ridley in, and it seems to match up with Vergeben's leak at least partially (IC and Riddles), and the trailer sounds cool with a throwback to the original Ice Climbers game.

Only thing is it sounds a little close to a Mortal Kombat intro, forget what game, but they were climbing a pyramid

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's okay not to like it, but this comparison just little to no sense.
I mean
Both are boring protagonists who have unpleasant designs, ALL the cool girls want them and he goes for the redhead. Only thing left is for 'glop glop glop' to be added in a future update and boom! Also someone I know who blindly defends the game and gets upset if you make a joke at it's expense agreed on that actually

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
The next trailer is going to be a continuation of the Inklings trailer. They're going to show all the silhouettes and everyone is going to be hype. But then the giant ball of fire is actually from Ridley. It then incinerates everyone, leaving them as a pile of ash. Ridley is all that's left. Ridley is the only character in Smash. Super Ridley Bros.

Sakurai then walks out and says "THIS IS WHAT YOU ANIMALS WANTED, SO YOU GOT IT!"
this... super smash ridley, switch edition, and ridley is every character and has every moveset, as a different version of himself, mario ridley has a mustache and wario ridley farts you to death, becoming ridleyman with final smash.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Just saying that while the Vergeben leak could be real. It doesn't mean that all the characters he said will be shown at E3. The only one he said that about was Ridley.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the exact same boat. Even if you ignore Vergeben, there have been rumors all over the place that imply Ridley might finally be playable...But you can't help but keep that possibility in the back of your mind, that it's all going to be false.
This really feels like a once in a lifetime " stars align" type thing.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
this... super smash ridley, switch edition, and ridley is every character and has every moveset, as a different version of himself, mario ridley has a mustache and wario ridley farts you to death, becoming ridleyman with final smash.
This wouldn't be a bad thing...

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Well reminder of two thing

1 Ridley is not the most requested in the world Ridley is the most request in the west

2 this leak could end up like the gematsu leak which Is he got everything right but they secretly change them to wrong later in development (chrom and chorus kids incorrect they were likely taken out of development and he didn't know it.)
On point 1, to be fair the Western fanbase has made such a big deal about Ridley that there's no doubt he's on Sakurai's radar. He was even interviewed once or twice on Ridley, and from what I understand he has considered trying to make him a playable character before.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
When it comes to Assist Trophies being upgraded to playable characters I feel like Ashley and Isabelle have the best chances. Well..probably Waluigi too but I still think Toad gets in before he does.
I think Lyn, Saki Amamiya, Phosphora, and Skull Kid have a good chance as well too to promote from Assist Trophies too playable characters too.

As a bonus, I also think Gardevoir has a good chance to promote from Pokéball and become a playable character too.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can see it now.

Sakuria comes on stage.
"So you want purple Dragons?"
Here's Spyro (fighting Gen 2 Shiny Charizard to boot.)
"Never ask me for anything ever again."

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After watching a couple of videos of some of my favorite retro games like For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon, I made a Smash newcomer wishlist that I would personally love to see:

I went all out on expressing my deepest personal wants.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
After watching a couple of videos of some of my favorite retro games like For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon, I made a Smash newcomer wishlist that I would personally love to see:

I went all out on expressing my deepest personal wants.
Thank you being so brave

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It gets me excited as well. Makes it easier for predicting characters

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Another statement claiming Ridley is getting unveiled at E3.
Vergeben is going in a damn rampage with info now. Still, it's nice to know that there's more than one of his sources backing up those 4 characters + Wii U Roster, makes it a little more likely. There were also a lot of rumors about ReBirth be rereleased somehow and if that Compilation is indeed Castlevania then it does make sense. I want to believe but I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Vergeben is going in a damn rampage with info now. Still, it's nice to know that there's more than one of his sources backing up those 4 characters + Wii U Roster, makes it a little more likely. There were also a lot of rumors about ReBirth be rereleased somehow and if that Compilation is indeed Castlevania then it does make sense. I want to believe but I'm gonna stay cautiously optimistic.
Same.
That being said, It would amazing if it were to be the truth, but I'm not going to go in thinking the leak is certainly real. I'll just go in thinking it's a possibility... A good one, at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom