• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Blegh. Knowing that, it probably would be for the best that Alucard becomes the main Castlevania rep..
I still think Simon would be the one chosen for several reasons, but the fact that the combined sales of his games only make up a couple million copies kind of hurts.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I didn’t even know that there were protagonists in Castlevania besides Simon. From the perspective of someone who’s never played the games, he’s easily the most recognizable character (minus Dracula)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Simon is the most popular request. Simon is the one with multiple starring roles. Simon is the one with the biggest Nintendo presence. Simon is the one Konami chose for their own crossover.

I think Simon is the one we'd get.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
God I loved those final days of base roster speculation.

They were so amazing.
I remember when everyone was trying to find "source" models for everyone on the CSS and someone made a full mock up render of Duck Hunt dog and used that render as proof that it was fake.

Hilarious stuff.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Palutena is safe. Kid Icarus is one of Sakurai's babies.

Anyways decided to make my roster.

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4drmario::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::substitute::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::substitute::4samus::4zss::substitute::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4ness::4lucas:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::popo::substitute:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::substitute::4shulk::substitute::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::substitute:
:substitute::substitute::4pacman::substitute::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4bayonetta::substitute::GCDpad:

CUTS

Surprising lax here compared to other people's list. But I do believe this will be a sequel akin to Splatoon 2/Xilla 2. Mostly recycling a bunch of assets while adding a bunch of new content. Personally I'm hoping there's no cuts but If I had to guess on them..(assuming the Switch doesn't get a time consuming story mode being developed like SSE)

MII FIGHTERS- They just didn't work. Custom Moves while a cool idea, just didn't work out in SSB4. They could revamp them for this game which makes this reason I think they will be cut not substantial. The main reason is that the Miis seem to be downplayed/phasing out. From what I heard the most prominent role Miis have in the Swith Era is in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a Wii U port.

CLOUD- He was a very fun character to play, despite being aggravating to fight. 3rd parties in general are at a higher risk at being at cut in general. We have 6 in SSB4 so I have a feeling not all of them will return(and Guest characters in general tend to be one term only in other fighting games), and the one I think is the likiest cut out of everyone is obviously Cloud. There's no greater evidence here than the general Final Fantasy content in the game. It's very lacking. The only trophies are just Cloud and his alts(while Ryu gets Ken, and Bayonetta gets Jeanne, Cereza, and Rodin). And the fact there's only two songs from it. Cloud definitely seemed much more difficult to get the rights for compared to the other 5.

On the Pro side he's easier to get compared to anyone from Konami(RIP Snake) or........ Disney(Sora is not happening with this copyright crazy company owning him)

RETURNING VETS

ICE CLIMBERS-
No Duh. They were intended to be in the game but couldn't because the 3DS couldn't handle 8 of them and possibly 8 player Smash on the Wii U version. There pretty much a lock...... unless 8 Player smash still can't handle them.

WOLF- Highly wanted to come back. He didn't for some reason. I'm guessing because in general Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy were much more requested compared to him as mentioned in the interview. And of course the DLC wanted to focus on new characters for DLC. Less likely to come back compared to Ice Climbers but still has a great shot.

NEWCOMERS

King K. Rool
- Still a highly requested character, and even was acknowledge with that distinctive Mii Costume. Also a want of mine.

Zelda Newcomer- I don't know who, but I find likely there will be someone new(going with Impa or Classic Ganon since they appeared more than once in a mainline game).

Ridley- Like King K. Rool, Very requested and his time might shine now.

Takamaru- The most likely retro rep. He was considered for SSB4 but because his game wasn't localized, he was scraped. Now now that his game is out globally that obstacle is now crossed.

Gen 7/8 Pokemon- Each Smash game has had a Pokemon newcomer from the latest gen before Smash is released. I'm leaning on Gen 7, but possibly gen 8 if it's revealed around E3 and was developed before the roster for Smash Switch was finalized.

Rex & Pyra- Probably the safest bet here. Xenoblade is growing in popularity and there's no doubt the game started development before the Smash Switch Roster was finalized.

Rhythm Heaven Character- There was an icon discovered from datamining, so it's one of the new IPs that will be added IMO.

Dillon- Another possible new IP. And there's a new game out right now. He was an assist trophy and we seen them become playable.

Inklings- Confirmed

Lloyd Irving- Oh boy I'm probably going to get stoned here(at least I didn't put Goku). My most wanted newcomer and my pick for 2nd rep from Namco. He was added as a DLC Mii Costume. The Tales Series is still the 3rd most popular RPG series and it's growing more popular globally too(Tales of Links and Tales of The Ray mobile games were localized).

Ryu Hayabusa/Kasumi- Koei Tecmo has a pretty good relationship with Nintendo so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a rep added.

67 Character Roster

As mentioned in my roster. No one seemed to mention Koei Tecmo for a possible character. They have a great relationship with Nintendo, so I think there one of the possible new companies to be added for Smash. I'm still unsure if a Western 3rd party character will be added.

As much as I doubt Koei Tecmo will get a character I would LOVE Kasumi to get in. I love the DOA franchise and grew up on DOA Dimensions and would love to see her. While Hayabusa would probs be the first choice they'd go with, I think Kasumi is far more interesting and cool. Would be neat to see her.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I remember when everyone was trying to find "source" models for everyone on the CSS and someone made a full mock up render of Duck Hunt dog and used that render as proof that it was fake.

Hilarious stuff.
Shulk is still a photoshopped Little Mac and nothing you say can change my mind! /s
As much as I doubt Koei Tecmo will get a character I would LOVE Kasumi to get in. I love the DOA franchise and grew up on DOA Dimensions and would love to see her. While Hayabusa would probs be the first choice they'd go with, I think Kasumi is far more interesting and cool. Would be neat to see her.
I prefer Hayabusa over Kasumi strictly because of the legacy he has with Nintendo and overall, especially over Kasumi. That said, I wouldn't be upset with Kasumi, just a little baffled since I'm almost positive Hayabusa is the number one pick in both Nintendo and Tecmo's mind.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
There was actually a rumor going around the other day that Yuri from Fatal Frame was going to be playable. As much as I doubt she'll be playable, Nintendo did publish all the recent Fatal Frame games, and even had trophies in Smash 4. So like Rayman getting trophies (Im 90% sure hes getting in this time), a Techmo rep also got some so its possible we may see a follow up this Smash.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
There was actually a rumor going around the other day that Yuri from Fatal Frame was going to be playable. As much as I doubt she'll be in the game, Nintendo did publish all the recent Fatal Frame games, and even had trophies in Smash 4. So like Rayman getting trophies (Im 90% sure hes getting in this time), a Techmo rep also got some so its possible we may see a follow up this Smash.
Would be interesting to see!
I just hope we get some information soon. The absolute and complete lack of any info is frustrating ugh
Its getting so much more difficult to just wait lol >~<

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Would be interesting to see!
I just hope we get some information soon. The absolute and complete lack of any info is frustrating ugh
Its getting so much more difficult to just wait lol >~<
I find it even rougher that they announced the game without a gameplay trailer (I'm fully expecting it to have the same gameplay and graphics as 4). I mean E3 is only 8 weeks away, and I doubt they are going to reveal Smash the day of the invitational. So I expect a Smash Direct something this month or next month.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
So which franchise do you guys think deserve more representation? DK and Metroid are obvious choices. But I also think Star Fox deserve more reps. What do you guys say?

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
I think the franchise that needs a representation boost most (pardon my bias) is Xenoblade. No other Nintendo franchise can claim to have tripled in size since the last Smash. It went from one niche Wii JRPG to having a hugely ambitious open world game for the Wii U, that was basically the system's last important exclusive aside from the critically mixed Star Fox Zero and Xenoblade 2 was the series' first game to hit 1 million copies, plus it was pushed heavily by Nintendo as one of their most important Switch releases. Additionally, the port of the original was placed as one of the major boons of the New 3DS over the original, as for a long time it was the only exclusive game that wasn't playable on the old 3DS models. Most people agree that Xenoblade will get a newcomer, but I think a lot of people underestimate the chances of 3 Xenoblade characters: Shulk, Elma and Rex to represent each game.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There was actually a rumor going around the other day that Yuri from Fatal Frame was going to be playable. As much as I doubt she'll be playable, Nintendo did publish all the recent Fatal Frame games, and even had trophies in Smash 4. So like Rayman getting trophies (Im 90% sure hes getting in this time), a Techmo rep also got some so its possible we may see a follow up this Smash.
They co-own the games, I could see it happening. I'm not too familiar with fatal frame, but I believe they're just normal humans in the games, so I'd be curious for what moveset they could have. I'm always interested in fighters from non action-based games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Some people went to church over the weekend. I got high in the park and then made a roster. We all celebrate in our own ways. ;P

It's not a prediction roster, and it's not an ideal roster. It's just any given roster.

No placeholders present because they're ugly.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
They co-own the games, I could see it happening. I'm not too familiar with fatal frame, but I believe they're just normal humans in the games, so I'd be curious for what moveset they could have. I'm always interested in fighters from non action-based games.
http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuri_(Smash_5)

She has a well though out moveset here. It appears she'd use her camera to attack which is weird but probably unique for a fighter. She'd also someone ghosts.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I will never in my life understand why Geno is such a popular choice. He makes no sense as a Mario character and he makes no sense as a third party character

He makes no sense period

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I will never in my life understand why Geno is such a popular choice. He makes no sense as a Mario character and he makes no sense as a third party character

He makes no sense period
Ikr.

Mallow is the better character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

He makes no sense period
Because he'd be cool, sometimes that's enough for people to support a character. Doesn't really matter whether it makes sense either, most of the time Sakurai destroys all of these arbitrary rules the community lays down anyways.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

He makes no sense period
Geno has a unique design and concept. He's a being from space who takes the form of a childrens' toys. Neat design? Check.

Through the journey in Super Mario RPG. He's hella rearing to go during most of the quest and is bold and heroic. He comes across as if he might be Mario's equal from where he's from. So as bold and heroic as the lead hero despite being a side-kick? Check.

He's an extremely powerful ally with neat attacks and a gun for a hand. So moveset potential to pull from in just one game? Check.

Also nostalgia is a hell of a *****. Especially when you have a cool designed character with neat attacks and is pretty much equal to Mario in his one story.

THIS is why people still remember Geno after all this time and clamor for more of him.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Some people went to church over the weekend. I got high in the park and then made a roster. We all celebrate in our own ways. ;P

It's not a prediction roster, and it's not an ideal roster. It's just any given roster.

This roster features Ridley, K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Mipha, and Wolf. Basically, nearly every character I really want to see in Smash. The cuts are fair, although I think Lucas should stay over Roy. EarthBound may never get another character again, whereas FE has plenty of room to grow.

He makes no sense period
I've played Mario RPG before. Not sure why Geno stuck out to so many people, especially when Mallow and Bowser get way more character development than him.

Regardless, even if I don't understand why they want him, I can't disregard their opinions as being weird or pointless. Geno is a popular choice, so clearly there's a notable appeal there.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's a discussion point, although a hyperbolic one. What character's inclusion could make you consider skipping this Smash game, or at the least feel like this Smash game has gone too far?

The rules are:
1. No clones. We know some people dislike them for various reasons, but that is not really the point of this question.
2. It can not be a character that has already been in a Smash game (e.g. "I would consider not getting the game because Wii Fit Trainer returns").
3. Please do not insult / flame / troll people for their contributions.

As a bonus part, maybe suggest a character that you would like in Smash but it could stop others from liking the game?

Personally, the obviously one would be a character like Goku, who would just be taking things too far (plus Sakurai's rule). But one who would be more specific to me would be for someone like Doom Guy or Leon Kennedy to rock up. Yes they are video game characters and there is a connection to Nintendo, but I just really feel that they do not belong in Smash.

The character that I would like that I suspect some would be unhappy with though would be Shovel Knight. I have seen quite few people mentioning that Indies do not really have a space in Smash, but I feel that they have (especially Shovel Knight) reached a point where they deserve in.

Best of luck and happy discussion!

Edit: Should specify that I am buying the next Smash game regardless :)
Hm.... this is a tough one...maybe if this new Smash game has many veteran cuts... I might skip, or even worse, cut my favorite characters like Cloud, Ike, and Shulk...

For your bonus part, I think this one you will either get annoyed or astonished... I think that character will get people stop liking the game will be well... Pyra...

Hold your horses and put down your pitchforks... by just look at how much ruckus here and debacle made when discussing this single character in Smash... there's just be some one who might boycott the game just because another anime character gets in... or simply adding this kind of character (regardless what role she's in will make people flame at Sakurai character choosing decision...)

Also... again hold your pitchforks.. another Fire Emblem rep, if you look at a bigger scope adding another Fire Emlem will surely cause uproars... but then again we know this will happen so I hope this series for the best.

Or this may just me being pessimistic lol.
If Shulk ever made it in Smash Bros, he'd just be a photoshop of Little Mac anyways.
And I believe it was back in the day (I wasn't a Xenoblade fan at the time by the way)
My experience with Shulk in Smash shows that...
- Leaks are bad...
- It is possible for you to like a video game series that you used to ignore...once you actually tried it
- JRPGs are actually pretty good
- Shulk is awesome
- Xenoblade is awesome

They were so amazing.
Not really, I remember I was super salty that Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt were in the roster...

I hope I can find the posts I made about those long time ago lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

He makes no sense period
It's a combination of factors, all amplified by the terrifying landscape of Brawl Speculation's echo chamber.

1. Super Mario RPG was old enough for people to be nostalgic about it.
  2. Geno recently had a cameo in Mario & Luigi
  3. Not everyone was aware that Square owned him
  4. Those that were aware assumed he'd be in anyway as after Snake, anything was possible.
  5. Geno's special moves all neatly fit into specials and a Final Smash
  6. He was just cool, is all.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mallow was cool.

But he just...he looks like any old normal thing that'd be in the Mushroom Kingdom to be honest.

Plus he starts off the story very very very annoying.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Here's a discussion point, although a hyperbolic one. What character's inclusion could make you consider skipping this Smash game, or at the least feel like this Smash game has gone too far?

The rules are:
1. No clones. We know some people dislike them for various reasons, but that is not really the point of this question.
2. It can not be a character that has already been in a Smash game (e.g. "I would consider not getting the game because Wii Fit Trainer returns").
3. Please do not insult / flame / troll people for their contributions.

As a bonus part, maybe suggest a character that you would like in Smash but it could stop others from liking the game?

Personally, the obviously one would be a character like Goku, who would just be taking things too far (plus Sakurai's rule). But one who would be more specific to me would be for someone like Doom Guy or Leon Kennedy to rock up. Yes they are video game characters and there is a connection to Nintendo, but I just really feel that they do not belong in Smash.

The character that I would like that I suspect some would be unhappy with though would be Shovel Knight. I have seen quite few people mentioning that Indies do not really have a space in Smash, but I feel that they have (especially Shovel Knight) reached a point where they deserve in.

Best of luck and happy discussion!

Edit: Should specify that I am buying the next Smash game regardless :)
A character that will make a not buy a game is Steve from Minecraft. I don't want his ugly ass in smash. The only way to make me buy the game with him in it if all the characters from smash 4 return, Shulk get two new outfits and every smash game comes with a bottle of Pepto-Bismol so I can drink to be able to stomach him is smash.

The character I want in smash that will make be people mad is Barista

He's from rhythm heaven, he's the dog that you talk to in the bar in rhythm heaven for the ds, Wii, and Megamix. He also appears in the ds and Wii credits mini-games and helps you clear a mini-game that you have a hard time completing. I feel that he will be a good rhythm Heaven rep.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Talking about the stage builder, I think they should give us the one from brawl back. I mean, the ability to draw the stage shouldn't be scraped at all, but the assets we had before were much better, and they should be brought back.

I remember being quite hyped about the new stage builder but when I finally used it it was really lame. I used brawl's all the time, but I mostly ignored wii u's.
Honestly, the only reason I ever found to use the "stage creation" tool was for making it easier to beat up Sandbag for CD's in Brawl. Other than that, I never saw the appeal.

Anyone added after Hades.
Medusa says hi.

No, seriously. I do not get the hype for Hades. Medusa is where it's at.
Female villain, recurring (if any), plus the perfect rival to Palutena.

Phoenix Wright is the only feasible third Capcom character in my book. Unless you start adding reps from third party series also represented. Then you could throw in a supporting character from the numerous Mega Man series or Chun Li. They'd be possible.

No one else seems likely however.
I'll just pick out this one as it seems as good as any for my point.
Could anyone tell me the appeal of Phoenix Wright?

I understand the series might be unique solving cases and being that truth, doubt type of lawyer stuff, but as a fighter? I played MVC3/UMVC3 and I felt his character were rubbish, and felt very out of place, so how would it be different in Smash? (I know Smash is not a traditional fighter, but still, I think of Project M Waluigi where he runs around with that WAAAAH, being the "Objection" type of move? No... I do not see it appealing in an official game.)

Morrigan Aensland, the queen of crossovers.
If we ever got a third Capcom, Morrigan would be my pick.
Dante / RE = Realistic guns issue.
Viewtiful Joe = Wonder Red please.
Amaterasu = Would be ok, but RIP Ivysaur.

They were so amazing.
Yes, had the exact same feeling. I thought it was fun how the roster got actually leaked, and people were still doubting it. Like; Wario with one eye, wrong placement of characters, Shulk is Little Mac just photoshopped and the inclusion of the Duck Hunt Dog. People were scouting Google for potential renders to disprove the actual roster. Those were the days of the salty kids who did not get Ridzzy, Krull and Woff.

So which franchise do you guys think deserve more representation? DK and Metroid are obvious choices. But I also think Star Fox deserve more reps. What do you guys say?
Hard to say, but I agree on DK, Metroid and Star Fox, other than that I would say that Animal Crossing deserves a second character. Kirby could do with another one as well.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I personally do feel that this is a new game otherwise they would have shown game play by now. It really doesn't make sense that they haven't shown us anything and expect us to believe it's a port.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

They were so amazing.

never forget that roughly 60% of Smashboards condemned the entire leak based off this “indisputable proof”

And I was totally in agreement

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are there any super obscure characters you'd like to see in a Smash game? Even as an assist trophy?

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I don't get why everyone thinks Decidueye is a sure to be in, if Sakurai is going to add another Pokemon, why would he pick one from a generation that is to be outdated by around the time the game releases. Sakurai would rather represent the next Generation with one of theirs. Beyond that, if he didn't want the Gen 8 Pokémon, he can easily go to the smash ballot and pick one of the most popular there (like sceptile), which is pretty likely.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Between Donkey Kong, Kirby and Xenoblade, I could see all 3 franchises getting 2 new characters, although I don't think they all will. Which one of these franchises do you guys think would be likeliest to get 2 new characters?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I have but one request for Smash Switch.

Let us obnoxiously tilt the menus around with the C-Stick.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
Between Donkey Kong, Kirby and Xenoblade, I could see all 3 franchises getting 2 new characters, although I don't think they all will. Which one of these franchises do you guys think would be likeliest to get 2 new characters?
I'll say DK and Xenoblade, simply because Sakurai bias could be an insurmountable obstacle for a darling of modern Kirby like Bandanna Waddle Dee. However I'd prefer the Dee over any DK character, personally.

EDIT: misread the question, I thought it asked which 2 franchises of those 3 would get new characters, not what one could get 2. In that case, I'd say Xenoblade for the base roster, but assuming it doesn't get that, then one of the other two would be more likely to achieve 2 new characters by the end of Smash 5's inevitable DLC.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

That certainly is a roster.

I’d only swap Elma for Rex, Geno for Toad, and Mipha for some other Zelda character (Skull Kid, Tingle, Classic Ganon, I don’t care).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I dunno if those series are gonna get two each. But chances are either XCX or XC2 will get a character. And, if the ballot even slightly mirrors various fan sites, not just here, Donkey Kong will probably get either Dixie or K. Rool. I don't know if it'll happen for sure, but people do want to see them, and they've tried their best to makes their voices heard.

These blokes:

View attachment 140548
Brute force, nimble movement and defensive stout, have Baleog, Eric and Olaf switch with each other as required.

What could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 140549
Interesting choice. Don't know too much about them myself.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I assume if we get a Xenoblade X character in the base roster, we will get Rex as DLC.

I honestly think Kirby will be the likeliest to get 2 new characters, since I feel like sakurai might want to put in a creation of his own in Marx in the game after Bandana Waddle Dee

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can only really see Donkey Kong and just MAYBE Kirby.

DK with Dixie and K. Rool both being obvious and popular additions.

I just can’t see Xenoblade, a relatively niche series, getting both Elma AND Rex, and I think Rex will certainly get in over Elma.

Kirby is weird. It’s Sakurai’s baby, but he’s said he doesn’t like over-representing it, and he’s also kinda biased to his own works.
I think Bandana Dee is likely since he’s become a main character at this point, but there’s also the chance that Sakurai ignores him because he isn’t his character (although he did create Waddle Dees in general so that might help him).

I’ve also heard Dark Matter requested frequently, but Sakurai didn’t work on DL2, DL3, or 64. I’ve heard Magalor tossed around but he didn’t work on RtDL. Marx is a kinda niche request, and he’s from Sakurai’s Super Star, but is a one-off villain, and Zelda’s representation has shown as that Sakurai doesn’t like adding those.

For Kirby it really depends on whether or not Sakurai is too afraid of over-representing his series and whether or not he’s too afraid of representating the Kirby games he didn’t make in the role of full playable characters.

I assume if we get a Xenoblade X character in the base roster, we will get Rex as DLC.

I honestly think Kirby will be the likeliest to get 2 new characters, since I feel like sakurai might want to put in a creation of his own in Marx in the game after Bandana Waddle Dee
I can only really see Marx as DLC, with Sakurai looking back to him due to his warm reception in Star Allies. I’d absolutely love him regardless.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think they'll probably get one each, but if any of them gets two I'd say DKC, just because it has the two most obvious additions in Dixie Kong and K. Rool. How the series didn't get a newcomer in Smash 4 is still beyond me.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Are there any super obscure characters you'd like to see in a Smash game? Even as an assist trophy?
The Arcade Rabbit from the 3DS Badge Arcade.

Between the Overwhelming popularity of Bandana Dee, the return of Sakurai's Creation Marx, and the incredibly easy clone Galacta Knight, I can definitely see 2 Kirby Characters getting in. The other two are less likely, but I see two DK characters happening first because I think both K. Rool and Dixie did well on the ballot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since I did bring up the topic of obscure characters in the first place, I'd be pretty okay if Weavel from Metroid Prime Hunters was playable. Not my number one choice for a Metroid character, and he wasn't set up in sequels like Sylux, but I just thought the guy was cool as hell(granted, I did mainly run with Spire and Samus in Multiplayer, I used him too). I know Sylux has more going for him, but hey, everyone's allowed a couple of weirdos to root for.

I probably find him cool because he looks kind of like Fulgore from Killer Instinct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom