• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Since I did bring up the topic of obscure characters in the first place, I'd be pretty okay if Weavel from Metroid Prime Hunters was playable. Not my number one choice for a Metroid character, and he wasn't set up in sequels like Sylux, but I just thought the guy was cool as hell(granted, I did mainly run with Spire and Samus in Multiplayer, I used him too). I know Sylux has more going for him, but hey, everyone's allowed a couple of weirdos to root for.

I probably find him cool because he looks kind of like Fulgore from Killer Instinct.
To add to this, Weavel's main gimmick is dividing his body into two parts. One of his specials could be devoted to changing between one and two parts, which would influence his other attacks. Basically he'd by a hybrid Ice Climber.

Of course Weavel hasn't the slightest of chances of getting in, but if I had to choose a hunter, he would definitely be it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't get why everyone thinks Decidueye is a sure to be in, if Sakurai is going to add another Pokemon, why would he pick one from a generation that is to be outdated by around the time the game releases. Sakurai would rather represent the next Generation with one of theirs. Beyond that, if he didn't want the Gen 8 Pokémon, he can easily go to the smash ballot and pick one of the most popular there (like sceptile), which is pretty likely.
While I am a little skeptical that Decidueye is the shoo-in Pokemon newcomer Smashboards makes him out to be, a Gen VII Pokemon is the likeliest at the moment. Gen VIII hasn't even been revealed yet, so there's nothing that guarantees Sakurai will add a Pokemon from that game. Picking a Pokemon from the Smash ballot really isn't the best idea, since the popularity of Pokemon constantly fluctuates (notice how Sceptile has little to no support now?).

Between Donkey Kong, Kirby and Xenoblade, I could see all 3 franchises getting 2 new characters, although I don't think they all will. Which one of these franchises do you guys think would be likeliest to get 2 new characters?
Not to be a pessimist or anything, but I can't see any of these franchises getting two newcomers.

Donkey Kong still hasn't done anything since Tropical Freeze. I doubt Sakurai knew about the port in early development, so really the 2014 Wii U version is the only thing influencing him. Tropical Freeze died off pretty fast, so I'm still a little cautious about how much attention the DK franchise will get in this Smash.

People are paying way too much attention to Star Allies. Bandana Dee and Marx were DLC characters, meaning they were probably made later in the game's development. I don't think Sakurai took much inspiration from Star Allies when he was deciding characters. Triple Deluxe and Robobot were probably the two games he really looked at, and between Marx and Bandana Dee, only one of those characters was making regular appearances in the game (aside from small cameos on keychains and stickers).

Honestly, the only way I could see Xenoblade getting two newcomers at once is if Sakurai could find a reasonable clone character, and that seems unlikely due to how specific the attacks/abilities of the characters are. The only franchises to have gotten two unique newcomers on the base game is Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, and Kirby. In other words, the really big franchises with extremely iconic characters.

That certainly is a roster.

I’d only swap Elma for Rex, Geno for Toad, and Mipha for some other Zelda character (Skull Kid, Tingle, Classic Ganon, I don’t care).
Mipha is fantastic, ya hear me!? We shall swap her for no one.

(But seriously, most of those characters have had multiple chances to get in Smash, and I don't think anything transpired in the last three to four years that improved their chances from what they had back in the days of Brawl and Smash 4.)

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Not really, I remember I was super salty that Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt were in the roster...

I hope I can find the posts I made about those long time ago lol.
I never understood the backlash against Bowser Jr and duck hunt, other than the koopalings having the wrong models.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't get why everyone thinks Decidueye is a sure to be in, if Sakurai is going to add another Pokemon, why would he pick one from a generation that is to be outdated by around the time the game releases. Sakurai would rather represent the next Generation with one of theirs. Beyond that, if he didn't want the Gen 8 Pokémon, he can easily go to the smash ballot and pick one of the most popular there (like sceptile), which is pretty likely.
Because the roster for the new Smash was likely decided back before Sun and Moon even came out. I doubt there was any substantial information on gen 8 Pokémon at the time, and we probably won't even see this new Pokémon game until next year, after Smash comes out. It's just too new. If anything we'll get a gen 8 Pokémon as DLC.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Considering how this forum treats pyra costumes morrigan will cause all sorts of anger at her costume
Even though she and Bayo are about the same.

Never understood prudes, its not like these women are topless.

So, what if Pyra has big o'l K cups she's cool and covered up.

I mean look over there at Sonic he's just wearing shoes and gloves:4sonic::troll:.

Also Bandanna Dee has been in a lot of stuff

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I never understood the backlash against Bowser Jr and duck hunt, other than the koopalings having the wrong models.
Same. Honestly they were my two favourite Nintendo additions last game and both far more creative than anyone here was predicting.

Jr in a Clown Car mecha >Jr with a paintbrush easily. Fans of Sunshine still got that in the final Smash anyway.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To add to this, Weavel's main gimmick is dividing his body into two parts. One of his specials could be devoted to changing between one and two parts, which would influence his other attacks. Basically he'd by a hybrid Ice Climber.

Of course Weavel hasn't the slightest of chances of getting in, but if I had to choose a hunter, he would definitely be it.
Yeah, the HalfTurret mode would be a big gimmick for him. Basically having a weapon out on the field at all times. It could take damage while he's fighting, but have no knockback. While his upper half would fight "normally" but be twice as light, making him easier to K.O. Add in his arm blade, the Battle Hammer and potentially the other Prime Hunter guns to fill in his moveset. Weavel might not have much of a chance, but like Sylux(who at least has a slight chance)his alt-form could bring up some interesting moves to mess around with.

Though with Sylux, it'd likely be about setting traps with his electric mines when in Lockjaw mode, and stealing health with the Shock Coil. Again, if any one Hunter got in, they also should use the other guns like you could in multiplayer, since getting more than one of them is a little too much wishful thinking.

Prime Hunters is fairly obscure, but it was always a game I really liked, so obviously, I like the character in it too.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Sceptile? For he does not represent a generation lost in time and outdated?
It's not like Sakurai is the one who usually pick out the Pokémon.

Like with Lucario and Greninja, Sakurai tends to go to GameFreak HQ and ask them what's going to be the popular one this time around, and they hand him a name, Sakurai then either accept or decline. Unless there is one he just REALLY want inn, but knowing both Nintendo and GameFreak it is more than often the mon's that are heavily pushed that they want inn.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm really hoping we get some secret characters that don't get revealed on the internet first.

I haven't had the experience of discovering a secret character since Melee. I really enjoyed that experience.

I would have to stay away from the internet until I unlock them all though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Considering how this forum treats pyra costumes morrigan will cause all sorts of anger at her costume
I wouldn't want Morrigan too much myself, since Capcom has a lot to choose from. Still want a Nintendo vs Capcom game in some fashion, but Mega Man and Ryu in Smash is damn good too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm really hoping we get some secret characters that don't get revealed on the internet first.

I haven't had the experience of discovering a secret character since Melee. I really enjoyed that experience.

Unless the game gets a simultaneous worldwide release and doesn't get leaked like Smash 3DS did, any secret characters in the base game are definitely going to be spoiled.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Its going to be an eight gen guy, that's always made the most sense to me.

The only way I could see Decidueye getting in is if he gets a new ability that's like Battle Bond in the upcoming games. Even then the grass guy in the 8th gen might still be a better choice. This is also why :4lucario::4greninja: seem suspect because being unique doesn't seem to matter :ivysaur: :squirtle: are good examples Game direct and relevance seems to matter the most.

X&Y

:4greninja: Cool starter of the then current gen

:4lucario: was in the game already and gets a mega, which was a new concept at the time. Was the first pokemon on record to ever Mega Evolve in Kalos's lore.

Was a 6th gen Gym leader's ace.

:4mewtwo: Poster boy for Megas and was the star of another movie and the final boss of a special. And gets two megas

:4charizard: Second poster child for Megas gets a special showing it off. Gets two megas

---------

Current climate

:4charizard: Ride Pokemon for Fly

:4greninja: Has Battle Bond which is like if a mega evolution was an ability that could both buff your stats and your signature move on top of being able to use an item.

:4mewtwo: Giovanni's ace

:4lucario: Is on the rival's team but is not his ace, and is in a movie as a side character.

In both cases :4lucario: is an extra in the current climate.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Good luck with that, basically every game has elements of it leaked nowadays, we're too hungry for news I guess.

Especially with Fighting games. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's roster, Dragon Ball FighterZ with Adult Gohan, Kid Buu and most of the DLC. Even Tekken 7 had a little bit leaked regarding Geese Howard(his unique super meter and cancelling with Max Mode), though at first people thought he might be Sol Badguy.

Not that I don't feel what you're saying. I remember having my mind blown that you could play Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur 2 on PS2, or that Goku's dad Bardock was in Budokai 3(I hadn't seen the movie at that point I don't think.)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Unless the game gets a simultaneous worldwide release and doesn't get leaked like Smash 3DS did, any secret characters in the base game are definitely going to be spoiled.
Obviously.
Good luck with that, basically every game has elements of it leaked nowadays, we're too hungry for news I guess.

Especially with Fighting games. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's roster, Dragon Ball FighterZ with Adult Gohan, Kid Buu and most of the DLC. Even Tekken 7 had a little bit leaked regarding Geese Howard(his unique super meter and cancelling with Max Mode), though at first people thought he might be Sol Badguy.

Not that I don't feel what you're saying. I remember having my mind blown that you could play Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur 2 on PS2, or that Goku's dad Bardock was in Budokai 3(I hadn't seen the movie at that point I don't think.)
Just let me dream ok :sadeyes:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I hope that Nintendo uses all the power they can to finally stop tauntmatches online for this game. I am extremely sick and tired of them, and I can't even have fun on For Fun anymore because FFA is swamped with "tauntgoers." I know For Fun is "casual", but "casual" and "pacifist" are not related words, and I expect more challenge online, or at least something better than "hey kid taunt with us or we 3v1 you."

Unfortunately I feel that the only way to get rid of tauntmatches for good is if they make all the modes online use Stock instead of Time.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

I may disappear a month before the release date to try and maintain some surprise. If I have enough willpower that is...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What’s interesting about Pokémon and Smash is that, at least I believe this is the case, the anime is also taken into consideration.

Remember, Lucario was a big deal in the anime and some of the anime voices are used in-game as well.

Greninja and Ash-Greninja were a big deal to the anime, and Greninja was a breakout favorite of Gen VI.

If we look at starters for Ash in the current anime, I believe (based on limited research) that Ash has a Rowlet and Torracat. As someone who doesn’t really watch it, I assume one of these two will fully evolve. Could that lead to one being chosen because of the anime? I’m not too sure, but it could happen.

Coincidentally, Charizard was also this Pokémon in the original anime and is in Smash. Not saying that has anything to do with anything, but I find it interesting is all.

I personally like Decidueye for the design, the typing, and for what I think the character could bring to Smash (with the added but not necessary bonus of being a grass starter). However, if Incineroar is pushed like Greninja was, it might be our newcomer.

At this point I think it’s very unlikely that we get a Gen VIII starter because of how far out we are. We haven’t even seen anything about it, and at this point it may not be out until late 2019. I think if we see nothing about it at E3 our chances of getting anything Gen 8 on the base roster are quite slim. They won’t reveal a Gen 8 Pokémon in Smash before revealing the game it comes from. At least, I don’t think they would.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bowser Jr is a waste of slot for me because Mario series already has many characters... and Duck Hunt nuff said, not much people ask for that character...

To this day, I'm okay with Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr though.. eh... still....

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What’s interesting about Pokémon and Smash is that, at least I believe this is the case, the anime is also taken into consideration.

Remember, Lucario was a big deal in the anime and some of the anime voices are used in-game as well.

Greninja and Ash-Greninja were a big deal to the anime, and Greninja was a breakout favorite of Gen VI.

If we look at starters for Ash in the current anime, I believe (based on limited research) that Ash has a Rowlet and Torracat. As someone who doesn’t really watch it, I assume one of these two will fully evolve. Could that lead to one being chosen because of the anime? I’m not too sure, but it could happen.

Coincidentally, Charizard was also this Pokémon in the original anime and is in Smash. Not saying that has anything to do with anything, but I find it interesting is all.

I personally like Decidueye for the design, the typing, and for what I think the character could bring to Smash (with the added but not necessary bonus of being a grass starter). However, if Incineroar is pushed like Greninja was, it might be our newcomer.

At this point I think it’s very unlikely that we get a Gen VIII starter because of how far out we are. We haven’t even seen anything about it, and at this point it may not be out until late 2019. I think if we see nothing about it at E3 our chances of getting anything Gen 8 on the base roster are quite slim. They won’t reveal a Gen 8 Pokémon in Smash before revealing the game it comes from. At least, I don’t think they would.
It's impossible for the anime to have influenced Sakurai's decision with Greninja, especially since the XY anime didn't even exist when Greninja was chosen. If anything, Smash influenced the anime in this case.

Anyway, which Pokemon gets chosen depends on when the roster was finalized and what part of the anime was airing at the time. If Sakurai made up his mind in late 2016, then any of the Gen VII Pokemon could have gotten chosen since the Sun and Moon anime had just begun. If Sakurai was still deciding characters in summer 2017, then it's possible that Incenaroar or Dusk Lycanroc got chosen. Incenaroar was featured in the Pokemon movie at the time, and Ash's Rockruff evolved into Dusk Lycanroc in August. If Sakurai decided on the Pokemon newcomer just this year (unlikely, but just go with my logic here) then Incenaroar was probably the most likeliest choice, as Ash's Litten evolved into Torracat and developed a rivalry with Kukui's (Masked Royal's) Incenaroar. As far as I'm aware, there isn't really much in the anime that would single out Decidueye as a newcomer, and based on Ash's Rowlet's status as the "comedic relief" Pokemon, there's not much to support it evolving.

No matter what the end result is, it'll be interesting to see what Pokemon we get. Literally anything and everything could happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of Castlevania, while I agree that Simon is the frontrunner, it is true that he wasn't the star of the highest selling Castlevania game (Lords of Shadow, as divisive as that game was among fans) or the most beloved and influential (Symphony of the Night, which was also the highest selling entry for over a decade), both of which Simon only had obscure cameos in.

On the other hand, Simon seems to be more popular with the Nintendo crowd, whereas someone like Alucard of Symphony of the Night fame is definitely more popular with PlayStation gamers. Simon is generally known for his NES and SNES outings, whereas the one game where Alucard made a name for himself hasn't gotten a Nintendo release, even with all the ports it's received over the years.

Then again, I say this despite Cloud getting in Smash due to him being the most highly requested Final Fantasy character. And while FFVII was the game that brought the series into the mainstream (at least in the west), Cloud had only made minor cameo and spin-off appearances on Nintendo platforms prior to Smash.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't overthink this. It's not like I'm expecting any Castlevania character in Smash, to be frank.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr is a waste of slot for me because Mario series already has many characters... and Duck Hunt nuff said, not much people ask for that character...

To this day, I'm okay with Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr though.. eh... still....
Those were two of my favorite newcomers. Duck Hunt is the first video game I owned, so it was supremely nostalgic for me having them in the game. Also my roommate mained Bowser Jr.

I mean, Mario is by far the biggest Nintendo series (alongside Pokemon I suppose), so it makes sense that it gets newcomers each time.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Because the roster for the new Smash was likely decided back before Sun and Moon even came out. I doubt there was any substantial information on gen 8 Pokémon at the time, and we probably won't even see this new Pokémon game until next year, after Smash comes out. It's just too new. If anything we'll get a gen 8 Pokémon as DLC.
Pretty much. Saying a Sun and Moon character would be outdated would be like saying Path of Radiance Ike would have been outdated in Brawl due to the fact FE10 was upcoming and set to release in the same year Brawl was originally intended to.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here's a discussion point, although a hyperbolic one. What character's inclusion could make you consider skipping this Smash game, or at the least feel like this Smash game has gone too far?

The rules are:
1. No clones. We know some people dislike them for various reasons, but that is not really the point of this question.
2. It can not be a character that has already been in a Smash game (e.g. "I would consider not getting the game because Wii Fit Trainer returns").
3. Please do not insult / flame / troll people for their contributions.

As a bonus part, maybe suggest a character that you would like in Smash but it could stop others from liking the game?

Personally, the obviously one would be a character like Goku, who would just be taking things too far (plus Sakurai's rule). But one who would be more specific to me would be for someone like Doom Guy or Leon Kennedy to rock up. Yes they are video game characters and there is a connection to Nintendo, but I just really feel that they do not belong in Smash.

The character that I would like that I suspect some would be unhappy with though would be Shovel Knight. I have seen quite few people mentioning that Indies do not really have a space in Smash, but I feel that they have (especially Shovel Knight) reached a point where they deserve in.

Best of luck and happy discussion!

Edit: Should specify that I am buying the next Smash game regardless :)
In terms of characters that would make me not buy the next Smash game, I'd say almost none.

I get that some people have set specific standards and expectations for what characters they'd like to appear in Smash, but personally, I'm in it for the fun of the gameplay and playing with characters I like. The fact that I main Luigi basically means that I'm guaranteed to have fun with any Smash game, as they will always contain a character I like.

In terms of standards of character inclusion, sure, if something stupid like Goku or Reggie were to be added, yeah, I'd call it out for being stupid. But I'd still buy the game anyway, because if Goku were hypothetically added into Smash, he'd probably have a pretty fun moveset, all things considered. Smash is really good at giving characters fun movesets. Smash is just a really fun game overall, so they'd have to do something outrageously offensive from a moral standpoint to keep me away.

As for a character I'd like in Smash, I've recently been enamored with the Trails and Danganronpa series, so a character from those games would be loved by me, but disliked by many others. That said, characters from those games don't really have a realistic chance of getting into Smash, so when it comes to characters that actually might be able to get in, I'd say my only desire is Phoenix Wright.

Meta Knight should definitely get his Zorro-esque accent from the anime in Smash5 :p

Also, I agree that, while not necessary, a name would go a long way towards “legitimizing” Bandana Waddle Dee
But isn't Bandana Waddle Dee's name, "Bandana Waddle Dee"?

That's what he's called in the Kirby games, so isn't that his name?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
We T for Teen now, boys

On the topic of Castlevania, while I agree that Simon is the frontrunner, it is true that he wasn't the star of the highest selling Castlevania game (Lords of Shadow, as divisive as that game was among fans) or the most beloved and influential (Symphony of the Night, which was also the highest selling entry for over a decade), both of which Simon only had obscure cameos in.

On the other hand, Simon seems to be more popular with the Nintendo crowd, whereas someone like Alucard of Symphony of the Night fame is definitely more popular with PlayStation gamers. Simon is generally known for his NES and SNES outings, whereas the one game where Alucard made a name for himself hasn't gotten a Nintendo release, even with all the ports it's received over the years.

Then again, I say this despite Cloud getting in Smash due to him being the most highly requested Final Fantasy character. And while FFVII was the game that brought the series into the mainstream (at least in the west), Cloud had only made minor cameo and spin-off appearances on Nintendo platforms prior to Smash.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't overthink this. It's not like I'm expecting any Castlevania character in Smash, to be frank.
I don't want Simon because he's a huge gaming icon, or because Castlevania is really that popular of an IP, because neither is particularly true. I want Simon because he's one of the classic Nintendo characters that unfortunately isn't a Nintendo character at all.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The only franchises to have gotten two unique newcomers on the base game is Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda, and Kirby. In other words, the really big franchises with iconic characters.
I'm sorry to call you out, but what in the world made you think Kirby is bigger or more iconic than Donkey Kong.
"It's on like Donkey Kong"

Giant portion of people just recognize Meta Knigth as the "OP character from Smash".

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ve said it once and i’ll say it again. It amazes me that people are more concerned with how many “reps” or what’s “represented” rather than focusing on how the characters are different. Wanting a character cut because there are “too many characters” for a given series is interesting, considering that logic would lend itself to not focusing on gameplay, which is what we really do...we play the game.

I don’t know, i’m probably annoying with this. I get wanting characters everybody likes (I typically agree with that), but there’s also the clamoring for characters simply for existing. How would they play? Why should I want to play as them when I like playing Shulk, Greninja, Ike, or Mario? Sales are cool to talk about, but sales don’t tell me what type of fighter they would be.

Obviously sales or popularity are important, and when trying to tell others your favorite should be playable, I get that. But I really think the gameplay is what is truly convincing to fans, not the sales.

For example, I wasn’t totally on board with the idea of Dillon. I thought he wasn’t a great idea because I figured, “eh, it’s an eshop game and isn’t as big as others”. But then I thought about the highly defensive gameplay, turret creation similar to Torbjorn (Overwatch) and the Spin Dash like attacks, and now i’m hooked on the idea. I still haven’t played a ton of the games, but as a playstyle, Dillon seems like he would be super fun.

@Opossum has done an awesome job with his movesets for Waluigi and Celica, convincing me that two characters I was unsure about would be incredible. Give it a try, and I’m sure more people will be convinced!

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
During character speculation for the last Smash Bros. I felt people put too much stock in popularity and not enough stock in recency/relevancy.

Now I feel like it the other way around.

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
F-Zero and Star Fox should get more represented and if we talk slots-saving I think they should go for James Mcleod (Fox Mcleods father) and have his design from F-zero GX. I really think it would be neat if Fox has a, what we would call in medical terms, "a human father".

D

Deleted member

Now there's no way he's getting in without what's objectively the best Simon design:

There's just so much going on with this look.
PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME.

I still think Simon would be the one chosen for several reasons, but the fact that the combined sales of his games only make up a couple million copies kind of hurts.
Actually the Castlevania series has had more sales than the Bomberman series, so i don't think it's fair to consider his chances "hurt" when Bomberman's franchise is actually below Simon's sales-wise.

Castlevania: 20 Million.

Bomberman: 10 Million.

Also Mega Man's best selling game (this is the best selling game in the entire Mega Man franchise, not just the Classic series) is Mega Man 2, which sold only 1.510.000 copies. Mega Man's 32 Million sales come from the fact that there are so many games in franchise as a whole, but when you look at the sales of the games individually, barely any of them amount to 1 Million.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but any character from a 3rd Party that already has a character in Smash, is extremely unlikely. So sorry anyone who wants Zero, Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, Shadow, Ken, Guile, M. Bison/Balrog (In Japan, M Bison is Vega, Balrog is M Bison , and Vega is Balrog, confusing I know), you are likely SOL this year.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I see a lot of rosters going 60-70, and some with even 70+ characters. Do you think they will go so further the already giant Smash4 roster?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
F-Zero and Star Fox should get more represented and if we talk slots-saving I think they should go for James Mcleod (Fox Mcleods father) and have his design from F-zero GX. I really think it would be neat if Fox has a, what we would call in medical terms, "a human father".
I think the melee fanboys would scream if there was a character that had the properties of both falcon and fox.

Falcon with lasers and a shine? Fox with Knee? They'd go wild.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's also disturbing how only one person can use Bowser Jr., while everyone else has to use the seven Koopalings. The developers could've at least made seven additional Bowser Jr. palette swaps for the players who don't want to be forced to use a Koopaling in a Bowser Jr. mirror match.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Even if he didn't have the most financially sucessful titles, Simon, as far as I'm aware, showed up in the most titles as a playable character. Don't forget that Simon also had the 3DS game as well.

Alucard did show up in Castlevania 3 as a playable character, and in Judgement too, for what its worth. I can see Alucard being the other main contender for the series getting a playable character outside of Simon himself.

Gameplay wise, Simon would obviously use the tools he had at his disposal in Castleviana 1,2,4 ect. But I think having him use some of the other Belmont moves could flesh out his moveset more as well as reference more of the series. Same with his color swaps, they could be based on other Belmonts/heroes from Castlevania.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
But isn't Bandana Waddle Dee's name, "Bandana Waddle Dee"?

That's what he's called in the Kirby games, so isn't that his name?
I mean, I could legally change my name to "Pants-Wearing Human", and that'd be a real name. That doesn't mean it's not going to get weird looks.

All I'm saying is a real name would make him stand out a little more. He's not teaming up with "Hammer Penguin" and "Swordy Mask Guy"

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I mean, I could legally change my name to "Pants-Wearing Human", and that'd be a real name. That doesn't mean it's not going to get weird looks.

All I'm saying is a real name would make him stand out a little more. He's not teaming up with "Hammer Penguin" and "Swordy Mask Guy"
To be fair though. What kind of name is meta knight? That doesn't sound like an actually name either. Not to mention there are other characters in the kirby series with a "knight" last name like Blade Knight and Sword Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom