• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What are the chances of third party companies getting to double dip? Like Rabbids and rayman or sonic and tails, hell maybe even banjo and Conker etc . Many third party companies have good character choices but I’m wondering if we ever get multiple third party characters from the same some companies......
Tails is another Sonic character, not his own series. So... that could matter, depending upon how Sakurai views it. He has made notes of representation mattering when it comes to series, but also the fact 3rd parties are guests. So that may or may not be relevant.

Of course, Rabbids are basically their own series now, so they have a decent chance of getting in. I'd say they're probably more likely than Rayman, but that's due to the fact Nintendo allowed them with their biggest series as a crossover, with no Rayman in sight and treated as an unrelated series for the purpose of character appearances. This is kind of important and shows how much they trust in the idea of using them, so them getting into Smash would be relatively easy. Sakurai is another factor however, and he may not find them interesting as playable(though Mii Costumes I could see them being otherwise, as they'd fit any style and already have multiple weapon options).

As for the Microsoft options, Conker is nowhere near as big as Banjo & Kazooie(who aren't really that iconic as is, outside of n64 fans), and then you have actual big series like Killer Instinct(which has two potential options, respectively), Halo(with maybe up to 3 notable characters, but Master Chief is the most well known), and Minecraft(with Steve? being the main character and all). I don't think we'd get two Microsoft characters, unless it was a unique package deal, like Jago and Fulgore, who are the big guns of Killer Instinct. Though see up above why I don't think any 3rd party series is likely to get two characters.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner was Azura of the remaining Fates character. Overall, it was a bit once sided since she is a main character compared to a bunch of side characters. But at least Niles and Oboro has more supporters than Rinkah.

Next would be the first of two Kirby Icarus polls, focusing more on the classic games. Your choices are Medusa, orcas, Pandora, and Thanatos.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

D

Deleted member

The winner was Azura of the remaining Fates character. Overall, it was a bit once sided since she is a main character compared to a bunch of side characters. But at least Niles and Oboro has more supporters than Rinkah.

Next would be the first of two Kirby Icarus polls, focusing more on the classic games. Your choices are Medusa, orcas, Pandora, and Thanatos.

Begin.
Sad this does not have Viridi. Viridi should be in the next Kid Icarus one if you are making it. :p

Am I the only one besides Zeb who wants Viridi as a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Switch?

Morbi

Scavenger

Begin.
This poll reminds me of... Smash speculation as a whole. Your options are Ridley, Wrinkly Kong, Dr. Kawashima, and Doshin the Giant. Everyone knows that Ridley is the only choice; however, everyone pretends that all are worthy and on the same level and that there are actually plenty beyond that, while not as popular as Dr. Kawashima, are still recognizable to a majority of the Nintendo fan-base.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Here's a topic. Do you think the AI will be improved by any margin in the new Smash game... or will Luigi still be able to beat all the max level CPU bots by doing absolutely nothing?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nasty thought:

People will end up disappointed with Smash Switch's roster as it'll never have everyone's choice of 3rd parties as the percived effective selection has increased so much since 4.

This is what happens when you put Cloud in Smash...

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Nasty thought:

People will end up disappointed with Smash Switch's roster as it'll never have everyone's choice of 3rd parties as the percived effective selection has increased so much since 4.

This is what happens when you put Cloud in Smash...
2B in Smash or riot

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This poll reminds me of... Smash speculation as a whole. Your options are Ridley, Wrinkly Kong, Dr. Kawashima, and Doshin the Giant. Everyone knows that Ridley is the only choice; however, everyone pretends that all are worthy and on the same level and that there are actually plenty beyond that, while not as popular as Dr. Kawashima, are still recognizable to a majority of the Nintendo fan-base.
You make me sick. :mad088:

<3

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I don't really like any of the Gen 7 Pokémon with any chance to get in. Decidueye might be interesting, but I'd still rather have a Gen 8 Pokémon. It'd be our first look into the next region.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really like any of the Gen 7 Pokémon with any chance to get in. Decidueye might be interesting, but I'd still rather have a Gen 8 Pokémon. It'd be our first look into the next region.
I am obviously going to need to wait and actually see if any of the Gen 8 Pokemon are interesting. Because, as of right now, I sort of like most of the Gen 7 choices despite not enjoying the game too much and, well, you never know, we could get another Gen 5. I would rather have Vegeta in Smash than a Gen 5 (or 8 assuming it is as gut wrenchingly terrible) Pokemon.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

New rumor circulating around. The dude claims in the replies that he'll go into more detail soon.

Morbi

Scavenger

New rumor circulating around. The dude claims in the replies that he'll go into more detail soon.
Such bold claims, while they are at it, they should have stated that a lot of returning characters, and stages would make their way to the game and it is going to launch with the online service. Oh, and one of the third-party characters will be revealed at e3 with Ridley and Gamecube functionality will be there for launch and that Zero would be invited to the invitational. I bet that would light the internet on fire.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Interesting. Well, kind of interesting since this is just an unconfirmed rumor at the moment. But I'd like to see where this goes.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I am obviously going to need to wait and actually see if any of the Gen 8 Pokemon are interesting. Because, as of right now, I sort of like most of the Gen 7 choices despite not enjoying the game too much and, well, you never know, we could get another Gen 5. I would rather have Vegeta in Smash than a Gen 5 (or 8 assuming it is as gut wrenchingly terrible) Pokemon.
I did end up liking :4greninja:, so I feel like I could get into a Gen 8 choice. I don't think another Gen 5 will happen; Gen 7 seemed like a complete step in the other direction. Regardless of which Gen 8 mon we would get, I'll likely favor them over our Gen 7 choices.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Marcus Sellars is very unreliable, don't bother listening to him.

His initial claim to fame was a supposed Namco event that was to occur last December. Ever since then he's gotten a lot of attention.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is sad when a character is more known for their buttocks than their actual character development. That being said, what can you do BUT add her to Smash? Ha ha ha... Get it?
Very funny, wise guy! I must admit, that was a good one.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Butt she is just so much more than that! Not that I actually know more than her butt, butt that's ok. It's left 2B desired.

D

Deleted member

2B is one of the least likely guests, honestly.

Her game wasn't even out when Smash Switch had been planned out in early 2016, and she still has yet to actually show up on something like the Switch.

There's literally no reason to assume she'd even be considered.

EDIT: OMFG SMASHBOARDS CENSORS THE WORD WHEN YOU PUT EMPHASIS ON IT IN A DIFFERENT WORD
:joyful:

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Butt she is just so much more than that! Not that I actually know more than her butt, butt that's ok. It's left 2B desired.
Well, with that said, I guess I can't say I don't give 2Butts about seeing her in Smash. Ha, see what I did there?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post

Her game wasn't even out when Smash Switch had been planned out in early 2016, and she still has yet to actually show up on something like the Switch.

There's literally no reason to ***ume she'd even be considered.

EDIT: OMFG SMASHBOARDS CENSORS THE WORD WHEN YOU PUT EMPHASIS ON IT IN A DIFFERENT WORD
you must be fun at parties

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Here's a topic. Do you think the AI will be improved by any margin in the new Smash game... or will Luigi still be able to beat all the max level CPU bots by doing absolutely nothing?
I'm sure the AI will be improved by some amount.

But Luigi will still find ways to win by doing absolutely nothing.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

There's literally no reason to ***ume she'd even be considered.

I have the right to dream.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel personally the only way we'll ever get tons of 3rd party reps is DLC. That just seems easier to negotiate for Sakurai sense DLC is less stressful to a release date. This is most likely why we had 3 third parties back to back for Wii U/3DS's DLC.

When you're trying to make the base game, planning the whole Nintendo roster but also trying to jump through hoops to get third parties secured is hard. Brawl had two third party newcomers on it's base roster.

Mega Man and Pac Man were the only 2 new third parties on the base roster for 3DS/Wii U.

At most I can only see us getting another two added to the ones we have already from Wii U/3DS's base roster/DLC roster.

Last edited:

AVQuasar

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking we'll get two versions of Smash on NX the first will be the port. The second will be Smash 5 but that'll be years later. We'll hopefully get a Melee like Adventure Mode and maybe Break The Targets, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and hopefully Inklings please Bandai Namco. Anyway I look forward to it.
People thought that that was going to happen to MK8D, but no signs show that a true sequel will ever happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel personally the only way we'll ever get tons of 3rd party reps is DLC. That just seems easier to negotiate for Sakurai sense DLC is less stressful to a release date. This is most likely why we had 3 third parties back to back for Wii U/3DS's DLC.

When you're trying to make the base game, planning the whole Nintendo roster but also trying to jump through hoops to get third parties secured is hard. Brawl had two third party newcomers on it's base roster.

Mega Man and Pac Man were the only third parties on the base roster for 3DS/Wii U.

At most I can only see us getting another two added to the ones we have already from Wii U/3DS's base roster/DLC roster.
If you ask me, we are going to get a lot for both the base roster AND DLC. Honestly, two more in the base game on top of what we already have is quite a bit. Add another 2-4 on top of that, and a huge portion of the roster would be third-party; however, that is really the only way I see it happening with the lackluster first-party choices.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Select your character from an ever-expanding roster that began as a Nintendo Hall of Fame, then grew to include third-party stars, and now showcases the absolute bottom of the barrel. Raise your hand if you knew who Shulk was before Smash. Congratulations, you're now Japanese!"
Yep...
And the Shulk part is racist :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Personally feel as if third party has far more lack luster choices than first party, but go on.

Outside of people like Crash, Lara Croft, etc. The most iconic of iconic is in Smash now. All that's really really really missing is someone to rep FPSes and there's really not anyone who I can think of that's iconic enough to do that outside of Master Chief and that will happen when hell freezes over.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Personally feel as if third party has far more lack luster choices than first party, but go on.

Outside of people like Crash, Lara Croft, etc. The most iconic of iconic is in Smash now. All that's really really really missing is someone to rep FPSes and there's really not anyone who I can think of that's iconic enough to do that outside of Master Chief and that will happen when hell freezes over.
Clearly we need CoD Soldier.

Marcus Sellars is very unreliable, don't bother listening to him.

His initial claim to fame was a supposed Namco event that was to occur last December. Ever since then he's gotten a lot of attention.
It's a wait and see, like with the majority of Smash rumours.

Many of these "in the know" people on Twitter operate by the mantra that If you throw enough crap at a wall some of it is bound to stick. And also piggybacking off other rumours/sources and stretching claims to fill gaps. There are little consequences if they are wrong, they cover their tracks and then move onto something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom