• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What would everyone want to see included in a Smash 5 debut trailer? Not a Switch port but a whole new game.
Something like what 4 did. 10-15 veterans (OG 8,:4ness:,:4marth:,:4bowser:,:4pit:,:4olimar::4villager:,:4shulk:), a predictable first party (Inklings), a surprise 1st (Badge Bunny or something), and a huge third party (IDK, Crash or a Bethesda guy).While doing so, they casually reveal new stages and a solo veteran one.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Diddy Kong alone, obviously.
At this point, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Anyway, here's my list of first characters to be revealed in a debut trailer for Smash 5
:4mario::4link::4pikachu::4kirby::4samus::4dk::4marth::4olimar::4villager: Inkling. Maybe one or two other newcomers, probably a third party.

Maybe savvy stylist and Rayman

Maybe add :4fox:

D

Deleted member

What would everyone want to see included in a Smash 5 debut trailer? Not a Switch port but a whole new game.
I would want it to be like some kind of brawl or fighting method.

( :4mario:/:4luigi:/:4link: vs :4bowser:/:4ganondorf:)

( Newcomer vs :4bowserjr:)

( :4ness:/:4lucas:/:4mewtwo: vs either a boss or another villain )

( :4corrinf:/:4lucina:/:4myfriends:/:4marth:/:4feroy:/:4robinf:/:4metaknight: vs a boss )

Those are only a few examples on the potential debut trailer.
Many more would be interesting.

I would also want something hinting a Subspace like Tabuu's return or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So here is a topic I haven't seen discussed much.

Character redesigns.

Which characters will get design changes in a potential new Smash game?

And by design, I mean visual design. Not moveset design.

For example, in Brawl, Link got his Twighlight Princess look. :link2:

In Smash 4, Marth got his New Mystery of the Emblem look. :4marth:

So which characters will change visually. The changes don't have to be huge. Just name any changes you think could happen.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Something like a Dissidia opening. A free-for-all cinematic battle that has things like :4marth:vs:4link:, :4robinm:vs:4zelda:,:4peach:vs:4bowser:,:4mario:vs:4sonic:,:rosalina:vs:4palutena:,:4pikachu:vs:4diddy:, and other fights that would look super flashy.

Character redesigns.

So which characters will change visually. The changes don't have to be huge. Just name any changes you think could happen.
Well :4peach:always gets a new dress. I can see :4villager:get their New Leaf designs. The Zelda characters could get their BotW looks as default (with:4sheik:getting that gorgeous bun) though that's rather unlikely so they'd probably be alts at best.:4zss:might get the low ponytail since they seem to be sticking with that design. :4megaman:might be made slightly taller for that MegaMan 11 look.
Edit: Also :4corrinf: as default. I see that as being pretty likely too. I'm also pretty sure FCorrin was meant to be default in Smash 4 anyway due to a taunt and win animation being FCorrin's win animation from Fates while MCorrin's is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Character redesigns.

Personally, I want Lucina to be 'Promoted' to her Great Lord attire in Awakening/FEH. Makes the most sense to me, though I still hope that Lucina either gets a slight re-work with a lance or further decloning.

Link could either see his design updated to Breath of the Wild as a new costume or an alternate one so you can pick between Classic Link or BOTW Link. (Intro has to now be Link riding on the Master Cycle Zero if they do that)

Samus would probably get a design mirroring the Varia Suit in Samus Returns

Lastly I'd say Ryu could probably get an Evil Ryu, Ken or Akuma skin.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Character redesigns.

Big post coming through, I'm bored and I'm going to list every character and talk about the potential of redesign
:4mario: Nah, he's practically perfect. Just give him a smile.
:4luigi:He needs a personality overhaul but is otherwise fine
:4peach:I can see them changing her extra detailed dress. But it's possible
:4bowser: He needs his voice but visually Smash Wii U fixed him
:rosalina: Perfect, although she could get Lauras voice. But she is perfect
:4bowserjr: Can't see what they could change, same for koopalings except for possibly making their proportions look slightly better
:4drmario: Odyssey uses this design I think so doubtful
:4dk: I can see them refining his look, he's looked too goofy in Smash so the might go for something a bit better, especially the face.
:4diddy: Maybe he could get his backpack
:4yoshi: Perfect
:4wario: At most change the default but that's unlikely I reckon, although it has been a while since the last Wario Ware game
:4link: They could go Botw route, but I can't see them ditching the green tunic, he could also get composite design
:4zelda:See above, except replace green tunic with dress. I'd love to see some alts though on these two. If they do go botw, she does have a blue Royal dress she would look great in.
:4sheik: Actually has something from botw they could use, her turban with the sheikah armour
:4ganondorf: No botw design, but a lot of stuff to draw inspiration from for a new design. The Ganon bosses, Gerudo clothing, barbarian outfit, amber earrings. Other classic elements. Actually the above four could perhaps even revert back to our as that's what sheiks turban is based on, Dark Link uses Oot look plus recently phantom Ganon outfit. Maybe to work well alongside Skull Kid with Majora mask hint hint. Either way, fix his face.
:4tlink: Practically perfect
:4kirby: Hi
:4dedede: He's actually not as fat as he is in this game in the recent Kirby games, but I can't see them changing that.
:4metaknight: Unlikely to change.
:4samus:Definitely most likely for a design change. That Samus returns look is amazing and prime 4 is right around the corner
:4zss: See above
:4fox: Probably refined versions of the Star Fox Zero look
:4falco: See above
:4pikachu:All
:4jigglypuff: the
:4charizard: Pokemon
:4lucario: are
:4mewtwo: practically
:4greninja: perfect (especially this one)
:4falcon:can't think of any detail they could add.
:4ness: Maybe add the old blue to his eyes, but that's all I can see happening
:4lucas: See above
:4gaw: Doubtful, but possible. Smash Wii U actually did give him a redesign
:4marth:I think this is his current design being used in heroes and warriors. If not then update to those
:4myfriends:Is Heroes any different?
:4feroy:Heroes design is definitely and I could see that
:4robinm: Later designs have given him gloves, which he doesn't have in this
:4lucina: I think warriors and heroes are unchanged
:4corrin:Unchanged pretty sure
:4olimar: Can't see what they could change
:4pit: Fine
:4palutena: fine
:4darkpit: Fine
:4rob: They'll probably keep his default the grey now sadly, but who knows. Perfect design though
:4sonic: They'll probably keep this mix of modern and classic, it looks great
:4villager: I could see an update, buts it's hard to say. I hope they keep this though
:4wiifit: Could update to Wii fit u, but unlikely I reckon
:4littlemac: Fine as is
:4shulk:At most they could update him slightly to match the Xenoblade chronicles 2 artstyle look, which wouldn't be that big of a change anyway.
:4duckhunt: Maybe get rid of the sleepy eyes
:4megaman: Maybe the Mega Man 11 look
:4pacman: Can't see this one changing.
:4ryu: What could they change?
:4cloud:Nah, this is fine
:4bayonetta:A potential Bayonetta 3 look.

I hope I got every one

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They'll probably keep his default the grey now sadly, but who knows. Perfect design though
Well, yeah. He had that color when sold at international versions, so of course they'll reference that.

Japan, on the other hand, gets the Famicom colors as the default palette.

So yeah, I doubt they'll change that. It's just... accurate.

Maybe the Mega Man 11 look
So basically, no change at all.

At most change the default but that's unlikely I reckon, although it has been a while since the last Wario Ware game
It's been even longer since the last Wario Land game.

Actually has something from botw they could use, her turban with the sheikah armour
Um... She never wore a turban... nor appeared in BotW outside of a single mask from amiibo either.

Is Heroes any different?
Heroes actually has him use his Path of Radiance design, the same one used in Brawl.

Smash 4 uses the one from its sequel, Radiant Dawn.

Heroes design is definitely and I could see that
Heroes design is basically just his Melee design. Not saying it's wrong, just pointing it out.

Smash 4 changes it up by mixing that same design with a few of the things he has in his Awakening design.

Unchanged pretty sure
I could see one change for Corrin; make the female one the default gender. It happened with Warriors.

I could see an update, buts it's hard to say. I hope they keep this though
On one hand, I agree. On the other, the design used since New Leaf looks great.

Could update to Wii fit u, but unlikely I reckon
Wii Fit Trainer in general is unlikely to come back, let alone get a redesign.

At most they could update him slightly to match the Xenoblade chronicles 2 artstyle look, which wouldn't be that big of a change anyway.
Not really, since he's not even in that game.

Maybe get rid of the sleepy eyes
That's actually what he does in his sprites when walking around in Duck Hunt. I say keep it for the accuracy.

A potential Bayonetta 3 look.
As far as we know, Bayo's original design is the Bayo 3 design, so... it's technically already there.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wait what? How is she unlikely to come back? If your argument is lack of popularity then you're ignoring the literal reason to why she was added in the first place
It's not that. I know she's a "WTF" addition.

It's just that the Wii brand is kind of dead right now. She could still come back, but she's one of the characters I can see not making it in the next game because of that.

IronTed

Smash Ace
As for character redesigns, I think most of Smash 4's are generally adequate. Characters who have had new games since then should get redesigns (or rather, characters who will get new games then like Mega Man). Granted if we get an enhanced port I'm not sure if they would significantly rework any existing designs beyond minor things. Off the top of my head:

1. Mega Man getting a look more like his in 11 seems reasonable.
  2. Bayonetta getting a look to be in line with Bayonetta 3 seems likely.
  3. Samus getting a suit more like the one from Samus Returns (or Prime 4 if it comes out before).
  4. Zero Suit Samus same as above.
  5. Link make his design more like BoTW basically.
  6. Zelda same as above
  7. Ganondorf same as above ( I don't have BoTW so if Ganondorf didn't get a redesign then simply ignore this point).
Edit: I think WFT coming back is almost guaranteed. Yes, the Wi brand is dead, but it was dead well before Smash 4 came out as well, and it seems odd that would be a problem all of the sudden. Game and Watch is dead, NES is dead, yet Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., etc, are all still here.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
It's not that. I know she's a "WTF" addition.

It's just that the Wii brand is kind of dead right now. She could still come back, but she's one of the characters I can see not making it in the next game because of that.
It’s dead, but it was successful. The Wii and Wii Fit were very popular for Nintendo. That’s what she represents. The successful Wii era for Nintendo, and a successful franchise born from it. She’s also got a unique moveset. Wii Fit Trainer shouldn’t be going anywhere. I’d be surprised if she does.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For visual overhauls, I can see Villager, Link, Zelda, Fox, and Falco changing to match their more recent appearances, alongside possibly Mega Man, Samus, and Bayonetta.

In fact I'd be outright shocked if New Leaf!Villager and BotW!Link and Zelda weren't in in some form.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can see Link getting a new costume, but not a complete BOTW overhaul. Keeping the 4 Zelda characters with a consistent artstyle has been a focus for multiple games now. Ganondorf could get some based upon BOTW, as there's more than one type of costume to go with. Sheik doesn't really have any new easy costumes, unlike Zelda.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Smash logo cuts the screen.

We see :4mario::4kirby::4pikachu::4link::4samus::4pit::4wario::4metaknight: :4bowser::4olimar::4dk::4fox::4villager:fighting.

After a while a new character joins in: Inklings from Splatoon. They start shooting the other characters until the appareant end of the trailer. Until...

*beep beep*

"Kept you waiting uh!"

:snake: comes out of a box that has been in the background for the whole time and starts firing his explosives. Almost at the end of his portion, a giant bomb ecplodes near him.

The camera shifts and then

BOMBERMAN BOMBS THE BATTLEFIELD.

The End.

I can see Link getting a new costume, but not a complete BOTW overhaul. Keeping the 4 Zelda characters with a consistent artstyle has been a focus for multiple games now. Ganondorf could get some based upon BOTW, as there's more than one type of costume to go with. Sheik doesn't really have any new easy costumes, unlike Zelda.
Actually Sheik could use this

While Ganondorf could get a new design based on his Ganon appereance in BotW.

Last edited:

Eekum_bokum

Smash Cadet
I wanna see Cuphead somehow make it in the game as a guest character. I could see him being a clone of Mega Man with his attacks. If Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud could make it in (along with Snake in Brawl) there's no reason why this can't be a possibility.

Other characters I'd like to see added to the game:

-Yooka-Laylee
-Inkling
-Bomberman
-Knuckles
-At least 1 Overwatch character
-Paper Mario (still waiting -_________-)

Characters I don't expect to return:

-Rosalina & Luma (Galaxy is done and she's insignificant now. Plus she's another Ice Climbers that everyone hates)
-Little Mac (no Punch-Out games since the Wii & Nintendo devs pretty much don't care about him anymore)
-Cloud (just Smash 4's version of Snake)
-Dark Pit (I mean I really hope that doesn't happen ;_; but let's face it, unless another Kid Icarus game comes out before this and Pittoo is included in that, likely we'll just have regular Pit)
-Wii Fit Trainer (no reason for this character to still exist. Nuff said)
-Ike (was not included in Fire Emblem Warriors. That says a lot)
-Roy (also not included in Fire Emblem Warriors. On top of that, nobody seems to care about him)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-Rosalina & Luma (Galaxy is done and she's insignificant now. Plus she's another Ice Climbers that everyone hates)
:4sheik: is still here despite not having a main game role since Ocarina.

-Little Mac (no Punch-Out games since the Wii & Nintendo devs pretty much don't care about him anymore)
:4falcon:
Nothing since the Gamecube/GBA

-Roy (also not included in Fire Emblem Warriors. On top of that, nobody seems to care about him)
Warriors isn't going to dictate the Smash bros roster, additionally the developers said they'd focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. The only characters we got otherwise were the most recent and most popular characters in Celica and Lyn respectively as well as the token Warriors crossover OCs and Anna who is in almost every FE game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wanna see Cuphead somehow make it in the game as a guest character. I could see him being a clone of Mega Man with his attacks. If Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud could make it in (along with Snake in Brawl) there's no reason why this can't be a possibility.

-Yooka-Laylee
-Inkling
-Bomberman
-Knuckles

-Dark Pit (I mean I really hope that doesn't happen ;_; but let's face it, unless another Kid Icarus game comes out before this and Pittoo is included in that, likely we'll just have regular Pit)
Ryu and Cloud are the most well-known fighting game and JRPG characters, Bayonetta's the only real comparison and she got in due to a write-in ballot in which she got ranked as the most voted character worldwide. I doubt Cuphead would get such luck

Rosalina is still a very popular character to the point she was made playable in 3D World, she isn't going anywhere
Little Mac's western popularity got him in Smash in the first place, why cut him then?
I can somewhat agree with Cloud as Squeenix are known for being stingy with copyright
People want Dark Pit cut regardless because he's too similar. Only time can tell for that guy, personally I hope he gets reworked with other weapon classes
Wii Fit Trainer was literally put in the game because nobody asked for her
Ike's THE most popular Fire Emblem character and Koei said they'd put him in a Fire Emblem Warriors 2
Roy came back because of fan popularity, and see Ike for the Warriors treatment. Not to mention Intelligent Systems wants to make a remake of his game

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

-Yooka-Laylee
-Inkling
-Bomberman
-Knuckles

The logic behind some of the characters you don’t see returning seems just a wee bit bias. A lot of these characters are either unique or fan favorites of the Smash Community. To each their own, but that’s an awful lot of unnecessary cuts.

Eekum_bokum

Smash Cadet
:4sheik: is still here despite not having a main game role since Ocarina.

:4falcon:
Nothing since the Gamecube/GBA

Warriors isn't going to dictate the Smash bros roster, additionally the developers said they'd focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. The only characters we got otherwise were the most recent and most popular characters in Celica and Lyn respectively as well as the token Warriors crossover OCs and Anna who is in almost every FE game.

Sheik is popular and valued within Smash though, starting from the Melee days. I think people would legitimately be upset if she was removed, unlike Rosa.

As for Falcon, the only reason he'll continue to be in every single release is because he's an original Smash character. None of the original Smash characters are going anywhere, ever.

As for Ike and Roy, I hope Ike doesn't get removed but who really cares about Roy. If the devs really are concerned about those other games though I can only pray we don't get 10 more Fire Emblem characters. That's the last thing this game needs as it is.

Ryu and Cloud are the most well-known fighting game and JRPG characters, Bayonetta's the only real comparison and she got in due to a write-in ballot in which she got ranked as the most voted character worldwide. I doubt Cuphead would get such luck
True, but I can only hope. I guess you're right, the guest characters are usually extremely well-known and from AAA titles, not indie games. Bayonetta was hardly a surprise though considering that she's now basically a Nintendo character. I'd just like to see a new 2D character replace G&W, but that probably won't happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

-Yooka-Laylee
-Inkling
-Bomberman
-Knuckles
-Paper Mario (still waiting -_________-)

If irrelevance was as much of an issue as you're making it to be, Captain Falcon would get the boot before literally every character you just listed.

Eekum_bokum

Smash Cadet
The logic behind some of the characters you don’t see returning seems just a wee bit bias. A lot of these characters are either unique or fan favorites of the Smash Community. To each their own, but that’s an awful lot of unnecessary cuts.
I'm not trying to be biased, I don't want Dark Pit Little Mac or Ike cut from the game but it's just my opinion. (However I've been getting convinced in this thread that Ike won't be cut so I'm changing my mind on that one)

If irrelevance was as much of an issue as you're making it to be, Captain Falcon would get the boot before literally every character you just listed.
I stated above that the reason Falcon is and will be in every single Smash game is because he's an original Smash character, and they're not going anywhere.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sheik is popular and valued within Smash though, starting from the Melee days. I think people would legitimately be upset if she was removed, unlike Rosa.

As for Falcon, the only reason he'll continue to be in every single release is because he's an original Smash character. None of the original Smash characters are going anywhere, ever.

As for Ike and Roy, I hope Ike doesn't get removed but who really cares about Roy. If the devs really are concerned about those other games though I can only pray we don't get 10 more Fire Emblem characters. That's the last thing this game needs as it is.

True, but I can only hope. I guess you're right, the guest characters are usually extremely well-known and from AAA titles, not indie games. Bayonetta was hardly a surprise though considering that she's now basically a Nintendo character. I'd just like to see a new 2D character replace G&W, but that probably won't happen.
Again, Rosalina's an incredibly popular character to the point she became a playable character in a main Mario game before Daisy or Waluigi, she's THAT popular, Little Mac was added because of fan requests, not to rep a game. Hell, Mac's KO Punch is based off of his Super Punch Out incarnation instead of the Wii game too, And again, the people who make Fire Emblem games want to remake Roy's game. And ACTUALLY release it outside of Japan. Roy literally only got cut in Brawl due to time constraints. And Bayonetta was certainly a surprise due to the fact that she's... Well, Bayonetta, a sexy dominatrix who uses guns. And G&W is supposed to be a callback to Nintendo's G&W handhelds, why replace him?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Why is this thread official? I feel it might make more sense to flair it as Official once we get even a hint of confirmation from Nintendo.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I haven't go too deep into this thread so...

I don't think it is likely that a new Smash 5 will be release this year or two. 2020 will be fine though..

However, I certainly believe that it is likely that there is a Smash 4 port for the Switch and I am wondering about one thing...Patches!

Yes, patches were done but Sakaurai may leave patches here or there in the port. So I want to list few characters that needs to get buffs (Not going to list them all though).

*Jigglypuff (Everything, especially buffing her throws so that one is a kill throw while the other is used for combo. Her rest needs more damage and knockback.)
*Pac-Man (His grab sucks, plz Sakurai, fix it!)
*Ganondorf (Buff his recovery and remove some ending lag to his arieals and attacks. His running speed needs a buff.)
*Ness (Buff his recovery by tightening his PKThunder, increasing his PKT2 distance, not shortening the distance if he gets hit with a projectile, and recover twice if he got gimped; His speed needs to improve and increase his range by a good amount.)

I wanted to hear everyone of determining what character(s) needs a buff. No nerfs please!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I haven't go too deep into this thread so...

I don't think it is likely that a new Smash 5 will be release this year or two. 2020 will be fine though..

However, I certainly believe that it is likely that there is a Smash 4 port for the Switch and I am wondering about one thing...Patches!

Yes, patches were done but Sakaurai may leave patches here or there in the port. So I want to list few characters that needs to get buffs (Not going to list them all though).

*Jigglypuff (Everything, especially buffing her throws so that one is a kill throw while the other is used for combo. Her rest needs more damage and knockback.)
*Pac-Man (His grab sucks, plz Sakurai, fix it!)
*Ganondorf (Buff his recovery and remove some ending lag to his arieals and attacks. His running speed needs a buff.)
*Ness (Buff his recovery by tightening his PKThunder, increasing his PKT2 distance, not shortening the distance if he gets hit with a projectile, and recover twice if he got gimped; His speed needs to improve and increase his range by a good amount.)

I wanted to hear everyone of determining what character(s) needs a buff. No nerfs please!
I think Ganon's recovery should only receive a damage buff, for the longest time it did less than Falcon's iirc. Plus I'd say Dedede needs a lot of love and Zelda's still crying in Sakurai's basement, begging for buffs

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd be legitimately upset if Rosalina were to be removed. Her puppeteer style is something I've always wanted in Smash, and she's a breakout Mario character.

As for "who cares about Roy," a lot of people. He placed second out of the male characters in Fire Emblem on the Choose Your Legends poll, ahead of all other male characters despite Ike. Granted, I'm skeptical of Roy returning, but it has nothing to do with lack of popularity.

The thing you don't seemingly get is that literally no unique character in the history of Smash was cut for relevance issues. Not one.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As for Ike and Roy, I hope Ike doesn't get removed but who really cares about Roy.
Uhhh, I care. Along with a multitude of his fans who demanded he be in a future Smash game despite being a clone. Roy is incredibly popular and has been made into a legitimate semi clone unlike another Marth clone in Smash 4. He's unique, and popular, enough to stick around for a while.

Cuphead has a some problems for making it in. For one he hasn't been on a Nintendo console yet, and even if Microsoft somehow loosened their chokehold on the game it would be quite a while before it made it's way over, probably even after the release of the next Smash. On Game & Watch. He's never going to get replaced. Ever. He's just iconic in a way and if anyone ever came into the game that was similar to him he would still exist alongside them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ideally, I'd like to see some of the third party cast from Smash 4 confirmed to be returning; it was one of the things that I disliked about the wait for Smash 4. Even if it's just Sonic, Mega Man, and Bayonetta (I'm pretty sure that, at this point, all three are expected to return), it would be better than not getting any word on them at all.

Inkling pretty much seems like a given, as it's a new franchise to Smash, and an incredibly popular franchise for Nintendo. I'd like to see a character who hasn't gotten in so far despite a lot of support, like Ridley or K. Rool, getting announced as being part of the playable roster. Beyond that, some new stages and assist trophies, as well as returning characters.

I'd say that they could save an exciting new third party character for the end, but I'm not sure who. Rayman would be predictable, but Mega Man was also heavily expected, and his reveal was still exciting. On the other hand, someone out of left field could get people talking, but it would probably be divisive no matter who it is. (you still see people complaining about Snake and Cloud, after all)

Late, but Wii Fit Trainer isnt going anywhere for Smash Switch as long as Sakurai is still developing.

Wii Fit Trainer was chosen to be one of the characters for Smash's initial reveal along with legends like Villager and ****ing Mega Man. They are a big deal, at least to Sakurai, is them going anywhere is not something I would expect anytime soon.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't expect nor want to see Wii Fit Trainer or Rosalina getting cut - being "irrelevant" (which they really aren't anyway) has never been a reason for cuts, I think.

Someone mentioned Final Smashes so speaking of them, how would you feel if every character got two different range Final Smashes like Ryu?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Character redesigns.

I personally think that Link and Zelda should get their BOTW looks. Mario should look like himself from Mario Odyssey and they should try to estimate Luigi if he was in Mario Odyssey ( sadly he is not ).

I think Samus should look like her Metroid Prime self ( A little more corners and less round / smooth ).

Marth looks practically the same in every game so if he had his Mystery of the Emblem look he would look fine ( maybe change his outfit into his Fire Emblem Warriors outfit ).

I am basically trying to say most characters in Smash Switch should look like each other in the newer games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would like to see Link and Zelda get their Breath of the Wild looks (If not their most prominent appearances, they do have a traditional green tunic and royal dress they can wear instead) If we are forced to have their TP design's again, then at least give us their BOTW design's as (proper, as in, not a recolour) alternate costumes then.

The Mario cast should also act more like their actual selves from their canon games rather than what they have been doing with them since Melee and Brawl. That said, Peach is fine though, I kind of like what they have done with her.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I would like to see Link and Zelda get their Breath of the Wild looks (If not their most prominent appearances, they do have a traditional green tunic and royal dress they can wear instead) If we are forced to have their TP design's again, then at least give us their BOTW design's as (proper, as in, not a recolour) alternate costumes then.

The Mario cast should also act more like their actual selves from their canon games rather than what they have been doing with them since Melee and Brawl. That said, Peach is fine though, I kind of like what they have done with her.
Like What??

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Like What??
Like what what? The Mario cast?

For starters, Bowser should have his actual voice rather than the cheap movie monster voice that he's been stuck with ever since Melee, (Though back then I suppose it was understandable since he didn't really had an established voice yet) especially with the likes of Bowser jr and Koopalings being around now, his voice sticks out more so than usual now.

Mario should also smile more like he does in his games rather than having this grump expression they have given him since Brawl, I know they where going for a more mature and serious look then due to the art style and SSE and whatnot, but in Smash 4 where everyone was made more expressive and in line with their home games, if they want to keep him looking battle ready, then maybe they should give him a more confident "hit me with your best shot" like look instead then.

As for Luigi.... eh... I guess he's okay too, though I don't quite get the boat pose they seem to be so fixated on making him do more often as the series progresses...

Just my stance on that though as the Mario cast has kind of been bothering me a bit for a while. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom