• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You just reminded me.

Way way back in the far off time known as August 2018, the original idea behind my "Noipoi" persona was that he was a legendary deity of sexiness and waffles. I was totally gonna run with that theme until I decided to be a normal person.

View attachment 187175
ok but why the mustache

Noipoi

Howdy!
ok but why the mustache
It's not a mustache, those are his glasses.

Yay! Noipoi lore!
Here's some more deep lore for you.

The original design wan't even supposed to be an avatar first. Sometimes I draw my plans and my schedule because i'm a nerd, and this is where I came up with this loose interpretation of myself.

Rest of the year.png

This was made to remind myself of my plans for the year, like certain games or a trip to Chicago (which never happened). It was a stroke of luck that I crafted an "avatar" right when I needed a Smashboards avatar.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I dunno, how muscular and/or "fashion model fit" are you?
So, interesting thing happened to me with my last girlfriend. Since anyone would care to hear this.

Apparently I was too fit. Mind you, I'm not incredibly fit. I have a good metabolism, work in a warehouse and play rec sports on occasion. But I didn't have enough of a "dad bod" and she was steadily encouraging me to gain some weight and not... groom as much.

It was basically the exact opposite of anything I'd ever thought I'd hear from a significant other in my life.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What defines ‘manliness’?
Being secure in who you are, and defending what's important to you.

Having a waifu pillow.

It's super manly to respect women and minorities. I literally wouldn't even consider dating any guys if they didn't have that at the very least
Guess who respects women and minorities? This guy!

...wait

Your my mom! Eww...

D

Deleted member

It's super manly to respect women and minorities. I literally wouldn't even consider dating any guys if they didn't have that at the very least
I don’t care for being ‘manly’, but for being a nice dude; like you said, gender equality, racial diversity, and someone who doesn’t ostracise homosexuals.
Respecting morals, etc.
Does anyone else consider it wrong for some of my peers, who are 12-13 yrs like me, to be dating? It feels wrong.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does anyone else consider it wrong for some of my peers, who are 12-13 yrs like me, to be dating? It feels wrong.
It's not wrong at all. It's just not going to last. Getting experience as you age is an important part of learning how to do relationships right when you're older. Everyone has failed attempts at dating. May as well start when your parents are still driving you to the date.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dating?

Nah you're cool.

Needs to stay there though.

At 12 or 13, anything past a kiss makes me worry.

D

Deleted member

It's not wrong at all. It's just not going to last. Getting experience as you age is an important part of learning how to do relationships right when you're older. Everyone has failed attempts at dating. May as well start when your parents are still driving you to the date.
Regardless of getting experience, the kids oversexualise it to the point that it’s disconcerting.
I feel attracted to people, but whereas I seem to realise that it’s just hormones, the other kids don’t.
Get what I mean? :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Go home, Dipper.
I mean I'm not saying Dipper is a pokemon trainer, but like....

Vest, backpack and baseball cap? Check.
A desire to seek out, study, and capture monsters and ghosts? Check.
An encyclopedia on monsters received from an elderly researcher named after a type of tree? Check.
Recklessly attempted to punch an all-powerful psychic entity in the face, only to be deflected by a blue barrier? Check.

And have we ever seen Dipper, Red and Ash in the same room before?

Man I'm not even on a sugar high this night, I guess I'm just excited for the new social thread.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What defines ‘manliness’?
Respect other people. Be willing to admit mistakes and learn from them. Show at least a willingness on a base level to try new things & ideas.

Also to be able to give a proper nod of agreement with other men.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Men men men men, manly men men men!
Men men men men, manly men, oo hoo hoo, hoo hoo, oo
Men...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why did I have to suffer the default costume glitch five times in a row online

Why can't I just play as guts ike????

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Manliness is pretty simple to define.

It's about being as swift as a coursing river,
having the force of a great typhoon,
having the strength of a raging fire,
and being as mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooooon.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Manliness is pretty simple to define.

It's about being as swift as a coursing river,
having the force of a great typhoon,
having the strength of a raging fire,
and being as mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooooon.
GAH, that's just a grim reminder that the live-action Mulan isn't gonna have songs!!!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What, dudes can't wear cute dresses now?
Freud is probably out in his grave laughing right now, but the bottom-half of that dress seriously looks like a god damn ****.

Well I now have five friends who prefer to go by "they" and it's very hard to keep track of. So.

I guess moral of the story is move to Portland and you don't have to pick one.
What do the words "pronoun" and "problem" have in common? They both start with "pro", as in "protect" your own sanity by using their name. Shortening it to substitute the pronoun bits seems like an ideal way not to resort to repetition.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like for Max's crazy MK in Smash theory today to be true, there's just no way that's happening because 1. I seriously doubt an MK character is getting into Smash just because a new MK game is coming to Switch. 2. A Warner Bros. Rep seems incredibly unlikely to me, 3. going by the datamine, the second fighters pass character is already in the code and most likely the next to be announced. 4. While stranger things have happened, I also seriously doubt Reggie is coming to an MK event to announce this, it would be on their own terms. Mortal Kombat being an M Rated game wouldn't even be the problem, considering we already have Joker and Bayonetta in there, and there have been more toned down MK games where the characters could be based off of, it's everything else that makes it unlikely.

If it did happen though. It would be absolutely be Scorpion. He's the most popular and most iconic character in the entire franchise. He's the sole character on the Mortal Kombat X and 11 boxart for a reason. This is coming from a huge Sub-Zero fan, by the way.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
As much as I'd like for Max's crazy MK in Smash theory today to be true, there's just no way that's happening because 1. I seriously doubt an MK character is getting into Smash just because a new MK game is coming to Switch. 2. A Warner Bros. Rep seems incredibly unlikely to me, 3. going by the datamine, the second fighters pass character is already in the code and most likely the next to be announced. 4. While stranger things have happened, I also seriously doubt Reggie is coming to an MK event to announce this, it would be on their own terms. Mortal Kombat being an M Rated game wouldn't even be the problem, considering we already have Joker and Bayonetta in there, and there have been more toned down MK games where the characters could be based off of, it's everything else that makes it unlikely.

If it did happen though. It would be absolutely be Scorpion. He's the most popular and most iconic character in the entire franchise. He's the sole character on the Mortal Kombat X and 11 boxart for a reason. This is coming from a huge Sub-Zero fan, by the way.
You have good points. I would still laugh if Max ends up getting an MK character anyway. He and Simmons sorta wanted/predicted characters like Little Mac, Cloud, and Bayonetta, and ended up getting them. He also really wanted Strider (though if my memory serves correctly, he only likely brought it up as an alt costume idea for Greninja). Some counter-points to your argument, however:
1. While true, nothing states it can't happen anyway. I'd say that if we do get an MK rep, it isn't necessarily due to MK11's release on the Switch.

2. I feel like Sora's in a similar position, being an alleged Disney character and whatnot. Even if we factor in those companies, we're talking about game characters, not cartoon characters who happen to star in their own games. Gigantic corporations they may be, I doubt the answer would be a hard "NO" without negotiations being heard first.

3. While yes, that's certainly what it looks to be right now, we don't know #3, 4, or 5 yet. Just because Erdrick/Slime/Sora/Bravely/What-have-you is implied to be next in line doesn't mean an MK rep isn't in the Fighter's Pass for that reason alone. We just need to wait and see.

4. I can see NetherRealm show off their game at E3 with Ed Boon teasing toward something. Whether it's MK-level guest character shenanigans, or foreshadowing into a Smash trailer without referencing it in the Microsoft/Sony panel, fact is that MK content will be shown on some level some time post-launch. If, hypothetically-speaking, we get Scorpion or Sub-Zero, I can see the announcement take place in Nintendo's panel.

Either way, it's easy to imagine what route they'd go with either of the Ninjas. It could be 2 alts (modern and classic) with the recolors based on the classic Ninja "rainbow" (i.e. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Ermac), or go the full spectrum (i.e. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke, Noob, and Tremor).

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Need a good definition of "manliness"?
This guy :ultfalcon:
Eh he's a bit of a boring dad in F-Zero (and he isn't even a dad!). Courageous and determined, sure, but otherwise dull. The other pilots have more vibrant personalities.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, forgot what I was going to say already. I have tests in a few hours, so I'll be back after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom