• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I suppose I'm either really good or just insanely lucky, because I got the "Do the Final Boss without KOs" challenge on my first "attempt" (I had already beaten the boss normally). #Humblebrag

I got the challenge by doing it as Ganondorf on Easy, I got "close" to dying a couple of times, but only in terms of my damage getting a bit too high for comfort, I was never really in any danger.

Here's some advice though, not sure if you need it or know this stuff already, but I'll hedge my bets:
  • During the final phase, there's no real rush; Galeem and Dharkon will hurt each other, try to focus more on evading and blocking their attacks, only attacking when the opportunity presents itself.
  • On Easy Mode during the First Phase; Warlock Punch can stop the part where Galeem and Dharkon gradually take up more and more of the screen in one hit (not sure if this applies to other modes).
  • During the second phase, a Maxim Tomato will spawn after every two bosses you defeat (again, on Easy, not sure about other modes), these Tomatos will stick around between Boss fights.
I had zero problems with the Ganondorf one because I used Celebi who is busted lmao

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Actually when I went to pre-order Crafted World, the GameStop employee said that they were also gonna get "Yoshi lights" which she said was shaped like a Yoshi Egg. I have no idea what that is, but I ordered that too :yoshi:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually when I went to pre-order Crafted World, the GameStop employee said that they were also gonna get "Yoshi lights" which she said was shaped like a Yoshi Egg. I have no idea what that is, but I ordered that too :yoshi:
Yoshi "lights"? Plural? I wonder if she meant that they were a single lamp that they were getting multiple of, or if they were multiple in a chain, like fairy lights (that they were getting multiple of).

The hard-hitting questions.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi "lights"? Plural? I wonder if she meant that they were a single lamp that they were getting multiple of, or if they were multiple in a chain, like fairy lights (that they were getting multiple of).

The hard-hitting questions.
Oh sorry, I made it plural because it's a whole STOCK of them. No, I'm pretty sure it's like a neon light but I have no idea what it looks like...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh sorry, I made it plural because it's a whole STOCK of them. No, I'm pretty sure it's like a neon light but I have no idea what it looks like...
From that description, I think I have an idea what it might be.

Something like an Egg on a Pedestal that has a bulb in it, that you can turn on to light up.

To be honest, I think a string of LED bulbs with Yoshi Head Shaped shrouds would be fun, especially if they were different colours.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
From that description, I think I have an idea what it might be.

Something like an Egg on a Pedestal that has a bulb in it, that you can turn on to light up.

To be honest, I think a string of LED bulbs with Yoshi Head Shaped shrouds would be fun, especially if they were different colours.
That'd be cool for next Christmas

Write this down GameStop and credit KMDP :yoshi:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I would literally laugh-out-loud if the yoshi lights end up staying true to their name and look amazing, unlike a certain special edition item from a certain company.
20170918_193607-258c42e6-762b-4d0f-9ca4-2bab1f1c245b.jpg

... [cough]

KMDP

Smash Legend
That'd be cool for next Christmas

Write this down GameStop and credit KMDP :yoshi:
Gimme mah paycheck Nitnendo!
I would literally laugh-out-loud if the yoshi lights end up staying true to their name and look amazing, unlike a certain special edition item from a certain company.
View attachment 187174
... [cough]
Such majesty.
The Infinity Stones were Easter Eggs the whole time.
...Well... Thanos did kind of go on a Hunt for them.

An... Easter Egg Hunt, if you will.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Woah slow down there buddy. I'm cool and all (you can tell because my avatar has sunglasses in it) but I'm not someone you'd wanna date. Just trust me on this one.
Aw, man. I thought we could cap this thread off right by finding love and riding off into the sunset while the other users toss flower petals behind us.

Guess I'll just go with plan B now and play some Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw, man. I thought we could cap this thread off right by finding love and riding off into the sunset while the other users toss flower petals behind us.

Guess I'll just go with plan B now and play some Smash.
Damn, I had my finest flower girl outfit picked out too. What am I gonna do with it now?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Damn, I had my finest flower girl outfit picked out too. What am I gonna do with it now?
Well I'm still single and ready to mingle. So.

Cute dress. Come here often?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ay dude thats a dude
I'm allowed to like dudes in flower girl dresses dude. It's a free forum.

Oh boy. I guess we are in "Smash"boards now.
Eyyyyyyyyyy. I get it.

Off-topic, Broly was ****ing great. I havent had that much fun in a theater in a long time.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I suppose I'm either really good or just insanely lucky, because I got the "Do the Final Boss without KOs" challenge on my first "attempt" (I had already beaten the boss normally). #Humblebrag

I got the challenge by doing it as Ganondorf on Easy, I got "close" to dying a couple of times, but only in terms of my damage getting a bit too high for comfort, I was never really in any danger.

Here's some advice though, not sure if you need it or know this stuff already, but I'll hedge my bets:
  • During the final phase, there's no real rush; Galeem and Dharkon will hurt each other, try to focus more on evading and blocking their attacks, only attacking when the opportunity presents itself.
  • On Easy Mode during the First Phase; Warlock Punch can stop the part where Galeem and Dharkon gradually take up more and more of the screen in one hit (not sure if this applies to other modes).
  • During the second phase, a Maxim Tomato will spawn after every two bosses you defeat (again, on Easy, not sure about other modes), these Tomatos will stick around between Boss fights.
Yeah, Ganondorf would probably work well, too. I'm playing on Normal, though, which is part of the challenge (can't imagine doing it on Hard).

I'm not having trouble with the first or second phases. The only problem I have with them is that you have to go through them all over again to attempt the third phase, which is where I have trouble.

Part of the trouble is also the bizarre way boss health bars are handled. The rate at which it drains decreases the more it depletes. That is to say, it's like the first 50% of the health bar represents more like 30% of the boss's total health, and the last 25% represents more like 50% of the boss's total health. It makes it difficult to get a grasp of the pace of the fight, and it throws me off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What, dudes can't wear cute dresses now?
No.

They're only exclusive to black leather on every article of clothing. Leather jacket, leather shirt, leather pants, leather shoes, leather biker boots.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, Ganondorf would probably work well, too. I'm playing on Normal, though, which is part of the challenge (can't imagine doing it on Hard).

I'm not having trouble with the first or second phases. The only problem I have with them is that you have to go through them all over again to attempt the third phase, which is where I have trouble.

Part of the trouble is also the bizarre way boss health bars are handled. The rate at which it drains decreases the more it depletes. That is to say, it's like the first 50% of the health bar represents more like 30% of the boss's total health, and the last 25% represents more like 50% of the boss's total health. It makes it difficult to get a grasp of the pace of the fight, and it throws me off.
For me, doing it on Easy was incredibly cathartic, after the incredible amount of difficulty I had completing it on Hard Mode. :laugh:

I just let Ganondorf tear through all of Galeem and Dharkon's forces, while Sonic and Young Link (the two I picked for the second and third slots), sat back and watched.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I need to wait till the 1st of february here to watch it. I am so hyped!
Legitimately fantastic. It's so much spectacle and laugh out loud humor and the art style is so good. The theater was sold out with a bunch of nerds all equally as into it too. We were clapping and hollering and having a good time.

At one point an unexpected fight happens and the guy sitting behind me shouted "KICK HIS ASS!!!" while the rest of the audience clapped and cheered. It was so much fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Off-topic, Broly was ****ing great. I havent had that much fun in a theater in a long time.
Hell yeah.
****in love Broly.

No.

They're only exclusive to black leather on every article of clothing. Leather jacket, leather shirt, leather pants, leather shoes, leather biker boots.
I don't wear dresses, so i'm not a woman. But I don't wear leather jackets, so i'm not a man.

W-What am I?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't wear dresses, so i'm not a woman. But I don't wear leather jackets, so i'm not a man.

W-What am I?
Well I now have five friends who prefer to go by "they" and it's very hard to keep track of. So.

I guess moral of the story is move to Portland and you don't have to pick one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No.

If you have a moustache, you are allowed to wear jeans.

W-What am I?
You're the Legendary Figure known as... the Noipoi.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're the Legendary Figure known as... the Noipoi.
You just reminded me.

Way way back in the far off time known as August 2018, the original idea behind my "Noipoi" persona was that he was a legendary deity of sexiness and waffles. I was totally gonna run with that theme until I decided to be a normal person.

Sexy Noipoi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom