• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In reality, I expect Mulan to be an action flick with none of the charm of the original.

Kind of like how the Beauty and the Beast was the original version but.... less charming.

It's a shame because the Jungle Book reboot was actually great, and it was great because they took it in a different direction.
I just read my post...

Goodness I contradict myself cause I explained myself badly.

D

Deleted member

I prefer Captain Syrup, despite knowing she has only been in three games only.
A9B53C47-DB85-43CC-B171-C88DDE4B9483.png

“Now now listen here CannonStreak CannonStreak do you see that syrup lady anywhere as of now? NO because she’s not around anymore because she’s broke after spending all dat money in the last warioland game and can’t afford to get in any warioware games and 3 games you say? I’ve been in four and my recent one, risky boots half pirate hero just ended it’s kickstarter 4 months ago I’m still around and everyone knows me I’m gonna be the pirate rep for smash ultimate altho I already have a spirit in this game but they can use my pirates curse design and BOOM I’m in! now if you excuse me I’m gonna have a word with this :ultdaisy: person. Ta ta!”
One could be an echo fighter of the other?

Also no Connor, Risky will not get in over Shantae.
D15AC793-C581-43F4-96FB-1CD2313CE9CC.jpeg

“Now Wademan94 Wademan94 here’s where you wanna rethink what you said
After smash released wayforward and my creator Matt bozon said this
And here’s the catch the said shantae just shantae. the villain in my game series, risky boots and that means she’s not gonna be a fighter she’ll be a spirit for the rest of her life but what about me? Why haven’t they mentioned about me? Because that’s kinda fishy right there and this could mean that i risky boots savior of sequin land will become a dlc character for the ssbu fighters pass just me!!! No goku no blocky roblox guy no master chief echo and not even that ninja who’s name is actually from a street fighter character.:ultryu: And as I said on top they can use my pirates curse design. If you were wanting that half genie brat then too bad because you’re getting me instead! Bye now.”

“Oh and btw that’s not Connor that’s actually my echo fighter PLANTY BOOTS!!!”
53423EE8-EBE3-47E6-A1EC-C72703DF2E3F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly can't wait to see the comparisons between Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Jump Force when the latter comes out because lets admit it. It will be happening.

Even then I'd still imagine Ultimate edging out by a landslide in terms of what people prefers.

LetterO

Smash Lord
So anyone here getting Jump Force aka Weekly Shonen Jump's Super Smash Bros?

I sure definitely am! That'll definitely help my patience for the March Direct. :grin:
I honestly don't care about it. I recognize the big stuff and some others, but then there's alot of whos to me. Also do not know why there's still no Jojo characters announced.

Oh yeah, and it isn't coming on Switch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pretty certain they'll be coming. JoJo is too big to leave out.

Only expecting Jotaro and Dio. Maybe Joseph or Josuke but I only expect the former two.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Only expecting Jotaro and Dio. Maybe Joseph or Josuke but I only expect the former two.
>no gio
Giorno is the most popular Joj in Japan ever since the kid got drawn.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I think they're definitely going to put in Giorno.
He's more relevant than he's ever been and it's a well-known fact he's bar none Japan's big favorite.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
>no gio
Giorno is the most popular Joj in Japan ever since the kid got drawn.
And if its anything like J Stars, the current anime Jojo(s) will be picked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think they're definitely going to put in Giorno.
He's more relevant than he's ever been and it's a well-known fact he's bar none Japan's big favorite.
Apologies my knowledge of JoJo really isn't that good other then from what I recalled Jotaro and Dio being the most recognizable protagonist and antagonist.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways on the topic of Jump Force. My most current wants for the game are Bakugou, Hiei, Kenpachi Zaraki, Kurama (This one is for you Zinith) and Meruem.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apologies my knowledge of JoJo really isn't that good other then from what I recalled Jotaro and Dio being the most recognizable protagonist and antagonist.
Jotaro's the most recognizable but not the favorite of the world.

America likes Americans so it's either Joseph for the anime boys or Johnny for the manga boys.
And Giorno is just Giorno

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd be more open to Jojo if it wasn't shoved down my throat so much by my friends.

Like... gosh guys, let me discover it on my own.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jotaro's the most recognizable but not the favorite of the world.

America likes Americans so it's either Joseph for the anime boys or Johnny for the manga boys.
And Giorno is just Giorno
Okay gotcha.

Looks like I'll have to add Giorno onto my Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars roster then...

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just got put into a match with a Lucas that only spammed PK Fire, PK Freeze, and smash attacks.

Items were on, stages had hazards on.

It was Elite Smash, he had 3.2 mil GSP.

Nintendo thought this was okay.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Though even with Giorno's popularity in Japan, relevancy might still be the thing to get him in.

Jump Ultimate Stars only had Jotario and Dio as the playable Jojo characters.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
They're removing the music from Mulan.

It's already worthless.
Not only are they doing an unneeded live action version but they are taking the awesome music out? That's less than worthless. That just ruins everything.
Disney you are supposed to be the bastion of animation. You are the ones that pushed animation further and further for so long, stop ruining all your timeless animated classics with live action crap that will become outdated long before your animated movies. >_<

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you ask me I think Giorno's a **** character and low-tier Joj, Bruno is what makes Part 5 so good IMO.

bruno 2.png

Look at this strapping Italian boi

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 187146
“Now now listen here CannonStreak CannonStreak do you see that syrup lady anywhere as of now? NO because she’s not around anymore because she’s broke after spending all dat money in the last warioland game and can’t afford to get in any warioware games and 3 games you say? I’ve been in four and my recent one, risky boots half pirate hero just ended it’s kickstarter 4 months ago I’m still around and everyone knows me I’m gonna be the pirate rep for smash ultimate altho I already have a spirit in this game but they can use my pirates curse design and BOOM I’m in! now if you excuse me I’m gonna have a word with this :ultdaisy: person. Ta ta!”

View attachment 187148
“Now Wademan94 Wademan94 here’s where you wanna rethink what you said
After smash released wayforward and my creator Matt bozon said this
And here’s the catch the said shantae just shantae. the villain in my game series, risky boots and that means she’s not gonna be a fighter she’ll be a spirit for the rest of her life but what about me? Why haven’t they mentioned about me? Because that’s kinda fishy right there and this could mean that i risky boots savior of sequin land will become a dlc character for the ssbu fighters pass just me!!! No goku no blocky roblox guy no master chief echo and not even that ninja who’s name is actually from a street fighter character.:ultryu: And as I said on top they can use my pirates curse design. If you were wanting that half genie brat then too bad because you’re getting me instead! Bye now.”

“Oh and btw that’s not Connor that’s actually my echo fighter PLANTY BOOTS!!!”
View attachment 187152
Or you’re reading way too much into a single tweet and trying way too hard to be edgy.

B68CA61F-F35E-4001-816C-F225A66C4143.png

“Wow, sure showed me.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see we are already in the spirit of the successor to this thread which is going to be Nintenzone on steroids

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember that in the manga Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was introduced to us by crucifixion

No joke!!! :yoshi:
Remember that in the manga Guts was introduced by banging a succubus and then busting both a load and her head with a cannon.

I think that was supposed to be a joke but Miura's too busy marathoning touhou to tell me. :4pacman:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That design is trying so hard, that it's actually working against itself...
tbf, this was the uncensored design she had (her *** is covered in the final)
To be perfectly honest...

Medusa's only advantage is that she's historical and that she's an easy echo. She has no other real qualification other than that.

Hades is the KI villain everyone actually likes. Like, you don't hear people claiming to love Medusa, but you hear nothing but praise for Hades.

Then again, this is assuming KI needs any more characters. To be honest, it feels like people pushing villains for the sake of more villains without understanding why the villains in Smash, made it in Smash.

Like, Michael, honest question, how much experience with Kid Icarus do you have?
yes

Shout out to Noipoi Noipoi @Smashing Ramen @Tougon @GoldenYuiitusin @BKupa666 TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Zinith Zinith Opossum Opossum @Scoliosis Jones @KirbyWorshipper2465 @Luigifan18 @Yoshisaurus Rex @Lampy @Guynamednelson @ToasterBrains Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @KMDP @Rie Sonomura @Dyllybirdy @P.Kat @staindgrey @faygoshill @osby @Masked Marshmallow @GothFluttershy @Jovahexeon Joranvexeon @Pacack @Imadethistoseealeak CannonStreak CannonStreak Idon Idon @Cutie Gwen @Indecisive Fisher @Legendary Spirit Tamer Will Will @Luigi The President @Iridium Wademan94 Wademan94 @JaiTheGuy

Thank you and many others (If I forgot you sorry :( ) for being groovy cats during this thread, thank you for flying my icons in your banners (means more than you know) thank you for rallying with me (or against me...) in debates. And thank you for sharing your passions with me. I've NEVER stayed around this long during smash cycle nor have I been this involved in fanarty things (found them kinda meh personally) but you all and Smash changed that. Hope to see you in the new thread!

Oh about the girl up top she's Kalypso I'm using her for my new work portfolio to broaden my horizons. The idea is to do her up like :ultkrool:'s model but with a different outfit. She's only whew like 6% done at this point but I wanted to show off what I had.

@Legendary Spirit Tamer

...I'm too fast you can't can't me COPPER! *Throws plastic boobie and runs away*

Okay

I'm done.
you don’t have to tag me...cause you’ll just be held hostage by me in the NintenZone or Nintendo Dungeon
Not much honestly but I do want to get a 3DS just for Uprising alone because I'm especially a mythology buff especially towards Greek which Kid Icarus is based upon.

Also I feel Medusa earns it more because though Hades maybe more well liked she on the other hand appeared in more games having also starred in the original which I feel is more then a good enough reason to warrant her spot.

That and we need a female villain which she fits perfectly as.

Alternate costumes don't count.:4wendy:
Medusa shows up in 2/3 Kid Icarus games...same as Pandora and Hewdraw...and also Thatanos...so that doesn’t mean much

Also...Dark Samus and Isabelle are still here

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Something something Persona Q2 rated by Australian Classifications Board.

Direct when?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Reminder that having your ruleset be 3 Stocks on a 3 Minute timer is a crime punishable by 30 years in prison.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something something Persona Q2 rated by Australian Classifications Board.

Direct when?
I'll never forget the time the Australian ratings board leaked Wario for Smash 4 because it said one character attacked by farting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom