• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y'know what's stupid about Fates?

:ultcorrin:We can't bone, we're related. That's forbidden love!

Sister: Actually you were adopted, and i'm only here because my cousin's uncle's dog left me here for a sleepover and never came back.

:ultcorrin: Incest time!

It's really stupid.
"b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they're not related???!?"

Like the stupid-ass trope of sibling incest that isn't actually incest because they aren't blood related is stupid af bc like even though they aren't blood related doesn't ****ing mean it isn't ****ing incest

Like if you grow up with somebody who acts like your sister, talks like your sister, and is, for all intents and purposes, your sister in EVERY ****ING WAY besides genetically, then it's weird if you ****ing bone her. Even if you aren't blood related. It's weird and bad and really gross and I hate it.

Like so much weird media goes "oh it's not incest because they aren't blood related" but that's just a paper thin excuse to pretend that they aren't making some gross incest ****, because they ****ing are. It's definitely based on the idea and desire of nailing a relative, even if they aren't blood related. If somebody gets off to someone ****ing their stepsister, then they're getting off to the idea of someone ****ing their sister. Full stop.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I ****ing swear if Edalgard can marry her teacher Byleth, I am done with this franchise.

Or something stupid like children happens again.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Wtf? When did this happen? I never heard about this...!
Yeah, the original Lucky’s Tale came out in 2016 and, unlike Super Lucky’s Tale, was designed specifically for VR and comes included with the Oculus Rift. It’s still a basic 3D platformer with a third person camera, but you can look around in any direction, lean in if you want to look at things up close or look behind things, ect. If you squat IRL, the camera clips into the ground, ahaha...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
"b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they're not related???!?"

Like the stupid-*** trope of sibling incest that isn't actually incest because they aren't blood related is stupid af bc like even though they aren't blood related doesn't ****ing mean it isn't ****ing incest

Like if you grow up with somebody who acts like your sister, talks like your sister, and is, for all intents and purposes, your sister in EVERY ****ING WAY besides genetically, then it's weird if you ****ing bone her. Even if you aren't blood related. It's weird and bad and really gross and I hate it.

Like so much weird media goes "oh it's not incest because they aren't blood related" but that's just a paper thin excuse to pretend that they aren't making some gross incest ****, because they ****ing are. It's definitely based on the idea and desire of nailing a relative, even if they aren't blood related. If somebody gets off to someone ****ing their stepsister, then they're getting off to the idea of someone ****ing their sister. Full stop.
Well... The incest only happens because the player chooses to follow that path. I can tell you that in many cases, the dialogue shows the characters Feel Awkward too.
Yes, it's a dumb thing to allow in the game, although it technically not being incest means it makes sense to put the option in the game.
I'm not saying the devs are not at fault. I'm Just saying that they're not the sick ****s in this scenario. The players who choose that particular romancing route out of the many, many options are the sick ****s.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If somebody gets off to someone ****ing their stepsister, then they're getting off to the idea of someone ****ing their sister. Full stop.
well certain video companies kinda cause that to happen fakely
Well... The incest only happens because the player chooses to follow that path. I can tell you that in many cases, the dialogue shows the characters Feel Awkward too.
Yes, it's a dumb thing to allow in the game, although it technically not being incest means it makes sense to put the option in the game.
I'm not saying the devs are not at fault. I'm Just saying that they're not the sick ****s in this scenario. The players who choose that particular romancing route out of the many, many options are the sick ****s.
guess I ****ed up for marrying Camilla only cause of her bewbies one time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

nah man idk about fe or w/e im just commenting on the ******** trope as a whole

KingBroly

Smash Lord
That's really weird... That's not how cloning works, right?
It also means the Ridley from Fusion wasn't Ridley, either.

So now you all hate Fusion just as much as I do, because Sakamoto is that reckless and stupid and dangerous.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
nah man idk about fe or w/e im just commenting on the ******** trope as a whole
Oh okay, then it's fine.
I was blinded by people hating on Fire Emblem (again) so I kinda assumed this was about that too.
I completely agree with you.

D

Deleted member

That's really weird... That's not how cloning works, right?
Technically, cloning doesn't work how it does in ANY sort of fiction.
In this case, the common interpretation is that Ridley's memories were genetic.

Something happened like this before with Ghostfreak in Ben 10, though that's sort of a unique case in itself.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Something happened like this before with Ghostfreak in Ben 10, though that's sort of a unique case in itself.
"Genetic memories"............................
My BS meter is going through the roof on this one.

D

Deleted member

"Genetic memories"............................
My BS meter is going through the roof on this one.
Again, cloning in general is BS.

Not one is more "true" than the other. Especially when we're talking about literal alien creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just checked the list.

No DKC Trilogy? Not even the first one? I am disappoint.
No Mega Man X - X3 and MM7 from what I saw either. Collections or not, those games are classics.

But Demon's Crest was on that list, so it ain't all bad.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Oh God, I just remembered that was a thing. Ghostfreak, the star of about 100 of my nightmares as a kid.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sweeeeet home Alabamaaaa

Anyway, quick question, did Zelda's reflective veil always have invincibility frames on startup?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just wait for the best FE Fates ship of all time to finally become canon
The more I find out about Corrin the more I want to kick them into a ravine.

I was pretty neutral to them thinking people must be overreacting to how bad Corrin was until I played Warriors and I've yet to dip into the hot mess that is Fates. I swear Robin was semi competently written comparitively, but that could just be my nostalgia for a simpler pre-Corrin time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I ****ing swear if Edalgard can marry her teacher Byleth, I am done with this franchise.

Or something stupid like children happens again.
I mean, as gross as it is to me, it wouldn't be the first time the series has dealt with teacher/student ships.
:ultroy:
At least Edelgard and Byleth look like they're similar ages...can't say the same for Roy/Cecilia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom