• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Confirmed, Ash's Incineroar will have a stupid hairdo to differentiate himself.
Then it will be given out as a limited time “Ash’s Incineroar” event for Gen 8, perhaps for pre-ordering or playing the demo.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Tbh, I've seen a lot more Incineroar fans/supporters who are pretty chill. Maybe it's just the 2-3 here that frequent this board, but I can think of way worse character fandoms who get off on other people's characters not being playable.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
anyway one of the reasons i like yokai watch more than pokemon is because no one in the fandom complains about the goofy designs i like unlike with pokemon. the pokemon fandom is incredibly toxic when it comes to which designs are "correct to like. lucario's steady decline in popularity is one of the few things that brings me joy

but yeah in yokai watch i can like the bear that eats poo and there are also other people who like the bear who eats poo, i can barely get away with liking garbodor in the pokemon fandom even though he is objectively the best pokemon

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why would I come at you that's a good idea.
Oh, are we not collectively hating on Let's Go anymore?

Because I actually really liked it. Maybe it should've been $40 like every other Pokemon game, but enjoying the aesthetics without the unnecessary grind was actually fantastic for an adult with too much **** to do in the day.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So a new stat revealed for the Brave character is that he's shorter than Luigi. No doubt it's Erdrick. He's going to use his classic chibi style for the game, unless it's slime.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Because I actually really liked it. Maybe it should've been $40 like every other Pokemon game, but enjoying the aesthetics without the unnecessary grind was actually fantastic for an adult with too much **** to do in the day.
I love the UI and quality of life stuff.

Battling wild guys may still need to be a thing but I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So a new stat revealed for the Brave character is that he's shorter than Luigi. No doubt it's Erdrick. He's going to use his classic chibi style for the game, unless it's slime.
Just to play devil's advocate:

Aren't all the Bravely Default characters also short?

Bionichute

Smash Champion

lets go has stuff going for it but it needs a lot of tweaking before i consider actively calling it good. like it needs to not be so handholdy and maybe not cut out bikes for no reason?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Let's Go was announced at the exact wrong time for me. It looked weird, I didn't like Pokemon Go, and my real life was spiraling out of control. I may have projected some of my anger at real life issues onto this game...

After playing it, it wasn't that bad. I had fun, it was cute. I'm way more excited for the actual new generation but I don't regret playing it.

So yeah, we're leaving Let's Go hate in 2018.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Either that, or...

The Bravely Default models are small and chibi, aren't they...
Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , your dreams are still (kinda) alive, by some miracle

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the "you're gonna have a bad time" thing in toon link's tips was there since smash 4, well before undertale came out, and is most likely a reference to south park

so shut up about it ive heard it a lot and it actually means nothing
'S a joke.

No one actually thinks it confirms anything.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pokemon Let's Go! Ditto

Let's Go! doesn't feel too hand-holdy imo, well other than nearly all of the beginning's trainers having one pokemon and you'll probably never run out of any pokeballs (other than the Master Ball of course :estatic:), but it's pretty good imo.

Come at me Gen 1 hatersssss.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Either that, or...

i mean they only look like that with the models in game and not in official art

bit of an inversion with erdrick where his original official art was chibi and then he was changed to be more adult. and also slime has always been short

Noipoi

Howdy!
That's good, the other Erdrick is...not my favorite...

'S a joke.

No one actually thinks it confirms anything.
I do.
99ff494051ee66a45aa4cf77bd9335d2.gif

Not really. Sans is still in though.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Y’all arguing about Gen 7, after Incineroar’s reveal? Lol.

Hot take, all of the arguements involving the anime (despite the points for Incineroar being flawed), concept art, etc. Didn’t matter in the end. The only reason why Incineroar is in Smash is because “I really wanted to work on a wrestler esque character”.

That’s it. You can’t bring up how more “detailed” the concept art was for the starters or other characters because Sakurai confirmed that he picked the Gen 7 character during S/M’s release. You can’t really bring up the anime or it’s appearance in the movies since in he didn’t end up looking for that in the end either, and even then Incineroar’s only main appearance was in the I Choose You Movie (I watched the whole anime and Incineroar only really has more major appearances in TWO episodes, and Ash hasn’t went back to his Torrocat 50 episodes back except for small appearances).

The thing that was tipping point was that Sakurai wanted to make a Wrestler character. We don’t really know if Sakurai didn’t end up wanting to go with the others, or if he actually did wanted to work on the other options available. But what we do know is that he saw Incineroar being a wrestler and took the opportunity.

Can’t really blame if that’s he wanted to do.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Finally finished this piece of **** that is my avatar.

Either that, or...

I'm gonna lose my mind if it's Slime. I honestly think Slime would be way more interesting than Erdrick, mostly because no other character in the game would play like him. Erdrick on the other hand would be a mix of Link and Robin at best. If it's Erdrick, I hope Sakurai uses his magic and makes him truly unique. Uniqueness is the theme of the DLC after all.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
But if it's indeed Erdrick's classic art style. Doesn't that damage that rumor of him having alt costumes of the Luminary and such. Because alt costumes are suppose to have the exact same proportions as the default character. Luminary from what I've seen in his design, is taller than Erdrick.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
But if it's indeed Erdrick's classic art style. Doesn't that damage that rumor of him having alt costumes of the Luminary and such. Because alt costumes are suppose to have the exact same proportions as the default character. Luminary from what I've seen in his design, is taller than Erdrick.
its either that or all the rumors about erdrick are false and its slime

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whenever I play Dr. Mario I find myself wondering who cooked this ****ing rice, and calling people "Egg Foo-Dumb".

Whoever gets this reference gets a cookie.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Honestly I feel the game has some good ideas but its still weird in some ways and feels...off to me. Like I get removing abilities and EVs(I think?) to make things less complicated but why then do we still have IVs and natures, both of which makes things more complicated while the former is also invisible to the player despite having a large effect on the pokemon themself.
Being able to customize your starter and pokemon following is great to have back but your start is made to be stupidly OP which makes players rely on it even more so than usual.
The removal of battles completely outside legends and trainers feels kind of bad to me as its something I enjoyed about the series. Gyms requiring you to fulfill a condition to fight in is weird too to me. I get the point of it but like with Brock the game specifically gives your OP start the ability to learn Double Kick before the gym which means you would be more than well enough equipped but still requires a water or grass type in the party to even compete in it.

Love pokemon appearing in the overworld though.

Overall the game is enjoyable imo but it seems a bit confused on what it should be. It being yet another run through Kanto doesn't help things considering how much lip service that region has been getting the last few gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom