• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
@Cutie Gwen and Pakky Pakky

Okay, sure, but they put him in a wrestling ring and he suplexes people.

It'd be like making a pokemon a fighting type, but he has psychic powers purely for promotional purpos--

...goddammit. I'm going back to Gen 2 and staying there.
Nah, Lucario having energy balls and **** like that makes sense because his "aura" is based off the "ki" martial artist who use their "inner spiritual power" and all that.
Lucario's basically Goku.

Which is probably why they got Goku's voice actor.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai wanted a wrestler, Smash always gets a Pokemon, Conveniently a wrestler Pokemon had been made recently, and the rest is history.

The anime and popularity weren't involved this time.

D

Deleted member

Ash's Torracat won't evolve. The anime never has the same Pokemon owned by two different trainers (other than different forms) because the two battling would get confusing. Kukui already has an Incineroar.
We just gonna ignore that two Pokemon of the same species fighting is the most used episode plot structure after "Team Rocket tries to steal Pikachu"?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ash's Torracat won't evolve. The anime never has the same Pokemon owned by two different trainers (other than different forms) because the two battling would get confusing. Kukui already has an Incineroar.

Seems legit.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Other than Vergeben, Incineroar had nothing. The other 3 did.

Lycanroc: Ash's ace in the Anime
Mimikyu: Huge marketing push
Decidueye: Pokken
Uh....Incineroar had been featured in several episodes already, had more episodes coming,was seeming(still is tmk) to be Ash's fully evolved for this season to rival the other Incineroar, and even on its original sketches had evidence that it would be important to the anime.

To discard all that and then list Decidueye's appearance in Pokken as something that actually mattered is quite silly :/ Especially when a lot of Decidueye's push in the fandom had nothing to do with previous game appearances but with its typing and the "need" to make a type triangle.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah, Lucario having energy balls and **** like that makes sense because his "aura" is based off the "ki" martial artist who use their "inner spiritual power" and all that.
Lucario's basically Goku.

Which is probably why they got Goku's voice actor.
Yeah, but he can also speak telepathically--

**** it. I give up.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Seems legit.
That's what it is though. The two Pikachu have something to difrenciate themselves, so people know who's who. Kukui's Incineroar looks normal, and so does Ash's Torracat (so a hypothetical Incineroar would look normal too). In a battle between the two, they would look identical, which would get confusing.

D

Deleted member

I still would have gone with Decidueye if I had to decide between the starters. As much as I love Primarina, I've wanted a true archer in Smash since forever and Decidueye would have Unlimited Blade Works as his Final Smash.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That's what it is though. The two Pikachu have something to difrenciate themselves, so people know who's who. Kukui's Incineroar looks normal, and so does Ash's Torracat (so a hypothetical Incineroar would look normal too). In a battle between the two, they would look identical, which would get confusing.
ash's incineroar now has a pompadour

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wouldn't mind if Ash's Torracat stayed as a Torracat. I like it more than I do Incineroar.

I'm brave like that.
Dude, Litten might be the best starter ever. That name is pure gold.

But I picked Rowlet because Incineroar looked dumb.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
i mean its cute but her modern design with short hair and 60s fashion is way better

There's a weird hatred for her modern design recently i dont understand. Id rather have the modern take than the ms pac man "Hey lets put a bow/headband on the main character and make them a girly color and call it a new character" take
I feel like part of people's problem with Modern Amy is her constant upskirts. Which isn't so much a fault of her design, since Classic would probably have the same problem if she was ever brought to 3D, but I think some people just get turned off by association for obvious reasons. And this is coming from someone who does really like her design and even her as a character.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I feel like part of people's problem with Modern Amy is her constant upskirts. Which isn't so much a fault of her design, since Classic would probably have the same problem if she was ever brought to 3D, but I think some people just get turned off by that for obvious reasons. And this is coming from someone who does really like her design and even her as a character.
I just found that amusing...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's not brave that's basic.
Its brave because everyone's too much of a ***** to admit they like Torracat in general due to how toxic the Incineroar fanbase is about the matter. Nobody wants to deal with it. Not me though. We flex on those kids and stick with our cats.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm just weirded out by pokemon that are just dudes in costumes.

Or in even worse cases... just dudes.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Identical enemies fighting is not at all uncommon in media. It's as easily avoidable as Ash's Incineroar getting a noticeable scratch/scuff/dirt/something on him at the beginning of the fight. Or Ash's Incineroar wearing some small article of clothing wrapped around some part of his body for good luck from a character. Their similarity could even be used for comedy should the two duke it out without any changes made to their appearance.

There's nothing at all stopping them from having Incineroar vs. Incineroar if they wish it to be so.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Genuine question because I don't watch the anime and this has perplexed me since I first found out Incineroar was a thing.

Why is he not a fighting type.
Something, something, being a heel means he’s associated with bad and Dark is “Evil” in Japan.

He gives off a Fighting Type vibe though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just found that amusing...
To some, maybe. To others, they understandably don't appreciate a 12 year old pink animal's panties being flashed in their face every other moment. Hell, the design's debut in Adventure has Amy flashing it "accidentally" in her Character select/Zero boss victory animation.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Its brave because everyone's too much of a ***** to admit they like Torracat in general due to how toxic the Incineroar fanbase is about the matter. Nobody wants to deal with it. Not me though. We flex on those kids and stick with our cats.
I like your moxie

But **** having a regular ass cat pokemon you got enough of that **** already!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like Litten and Incineroar for different reasons.

Litten is legit one of the best designed Pokemon ever imo. On the other hand I like Incineroar cuz he's stupid.

I kinda wish they kept the cool slick cat look when it evolved. But i'm happy with what I got.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You sound like me in my "I love Delphox" Club because the pokemon fandom is the most toxic peice of trash ever when it comes to pokemon that dont meet their requirements

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the "you're gonna have a bad time" thing in toon link's tips was there since smash 4, well before undertale came out, and is most likely a reference to south park

so shut up about it ive heard it a lot and it actually means nothing

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When Litten was first revealed, it was immediately my most favorite starter. One of my most favorite animals are cats. Not just cats though- black cats. That'd why I have a poster of Black Panther on my wall. He's a good kitty. But anyways, when I learned Torracat evolved into Incineroar, I'll admit that I wasn't happy about it. But I've gotten over it. Just slap an Evolite on Torracat and you're good to go.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
All I want is a Let's Go version of Gen 2 with Sneasel on the cover.

Come at me, Pokemon nerds.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
the "you're gonna have a bad time" thing in toon link's tips was there since smash 4, well before undertale came out, and is most likely a reference to south park

Sakurai read into the future and confirmed Undertale's success before it was even a thought.

But you didn't think of that now did you?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
This....feels ironic to me considering that having actually been around for its reveal that people who liked/didn't hate Incineroar were the ones that received the toxicity, with a lot of the people being toxic towards them also talking about how much better its pre evos were than it. Your whole statement here feels like its backwards.

Noipoi

Howdy!

You're right, it means nothing.

He's still in though.
d5d924f7a1311d1fb1989f27b03ced33f1579d11_00.gif

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This....feels ironic to me considering that having actually been around for its reveal that people who liked/didn't hate Incineroar were the ones that received the toxicity, with a lot of the people being toxic towards them also talking about how much better its pre evos were than it. Your whole statement here feels like its backwards.
It goes both ways. There is no right way. Thaaat's fanbases for ya.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We just gonna ignore that two Pokemon of the same species fighting is the most used episode plot structure after "Team Rocket tries to steal Pikachu"?
Underdog battles (aka a Pokemon fighting it's evolution) are also pretty common. No reason that couldn't happen with Incineroar.

Also, by this point Ash's Greninja had already evolved. Time's ticking for Incineroar to suddenly steal the spotlight from Lycanroc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom