• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh **** I almost forgot
ULTIMATE IS ABSOLUTELY ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the perfect game!!! :3

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I gotta know: How're are people feelin' about 'ol Loogi lately? :ultluigi:

Everyone assumed he was gonna be really bad due to Down-B nerfs and people thought his new grab was gonna be bad, but...I honestly think he feels better in this game than Smash 4 Luigi? His grab feels way better than expected, and Super Jump Punch feels very deadly in this game. Fireballs and Dash Attack feel really good too.

D

Deleted member

So um I'm a Yoshi main hands down now
HE'S SUCH A FUN CHARACTER TO PLAY AS! :3

Pakky

Smash Hero
So I've been playing sexual innuendo:ultsnake: lately and um...

Why is he so god damn good? Like I really like him a lot.

My Woomy is bad though :ultinkling::(:(

Pakky

Smash Hero
I play Woomy! What're you struggling with?
I can't find a good way to kill confirm.

I don't want to spam Roller also can you bomb juggle?

I play a LOT of :ultkrool: so I'm having trouble adjusting to being so small and fast.

D

Deleted member

I play a LOT of :ultkrool: so I'm having trouble adjusting to being so small and fast.
As a former :ultkingdedede: main turned :ultyoshi: main, I can assure you that you'll get used to it eventually. :3

Edit: Okay, I gotta go now. I'm over my computer time limit as is, and I don't wanna get in trouble...

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Dash-cancel Smashes and gimps/kills with aerials.

That's the general plan

D

Deleted member

Inkling relies on set-ups for kills. Edge guarding, aerials, and certain combos are gonna be how you'll get the job done outside of Roller. Speaking of Roller, I would definitely encourage you not to spam it; it's incredibly punishable when seen coming. The proper utilities for Roller are using it as a punish move and as an extra jump off-stage (Roller-cancel gives Inkling a triple jump!). Smash attacks have a hard time KOing raw, but can be done near the edge of the stage on high percents. Make sure to keep inking your opponents for the damage buffs; it's a big reason they're as good as they are!

I actually made a post about this yesterday about Roller's strengths and weaknesses, so you can go ahead and give that a read if you want some more in-depth thoughts from me on Roller.

One kill confirm you're gonna want to practise is Inkling's Up-Throw > Up-Air. Works on I believe the whole roster, but with varying percents and windows. There's a thread that has some data on it if you're interested.

Inkling's aerials are all fantastic off-stage and can get kills fairly easily. Fair can actually kill at high percents when sweet-spotted.

As for juggling with Splat Bombs, I don't think that would be possible, as they eat up a ton of ink and take a decent amount of time to become available again. They're amazing for zoning and edge-guarding, though.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if there's music pieces in the online challenges board?
Also, will finishing New Game+ give or reveal anything new?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Enter to small spaces where your opponent can't follow you.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I kind of wish Link at least have a unique parry mechanic where it stuns your opponent for a second when doing it up-close, similar to the mechanic in BOTW.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Fix? Infinite AT Glitch is the best thing ever happened to Smash!
The infinite AT glitch you’d have to go out of your way to activate. It’s fun and it’s not hurting anyone.

That pocket glitch? Legit game breaking. That’s the one you wanna get rid of.

Double K

Smash Lord
Tired: "No Fly Me To the Moon or vocals on the Bayonetta battle theme for Smash Ultimate sucks"

Wired: No Moon River or Bayonetta 2 battle theme

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can't even see your icon. Unless it is intentional and you like using broke images as avatars, I won't judge
Lol, yeah, I tried changing it to a Zelda one earlier and forgot images were breaking today.

I've been in a Zelda mood recently. Probably because I plan on doing another MM3D run next month after I finish a few backlog games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Does anyone know if there's music pieces in the online challenges board?
Also, will finishing New Game+ give or reveal anything new?
No music on challenge board and new game plus will only help you fill out the skill tree.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw that GameXplain video that was uploaded yesterday. It'd be pretty sick if Ryu Hayabusa actually showed up. Doom Slayer and Erdrick could be okay. Can't say I'd care for the rest though. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Anyway, I've really been liking the Spirit Board mode. There's a lot of creative fights in it. I'm still trying to finish All-Star mode. Furthest I got was 43 K.O.s with Mega Man, made it to the N64 era characters. Link and Palutena are constant annoyances though, compared to other zoning characters like Mega Man/Samus/Simon. Though sometimes Mega Man will give me issues too when I'm dealing with someone else.

D

Deleted member

This has been haunting me for weeks now, but where the **** does the artwork for Mother Brain’s Second Form spirit come from? I looked all over but I can’t find a source for it. The most is the wiki saying it comes from super metroid, but I checked the manual and it isn’t in there so where is it from?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
This has been haunting me for weeks now, but where the **** does the artwork for Mother Brain’s Second Form spirit come from? I looked all over but I can’t find a source for it. The most is the wiki saying it comes from super metroid, but I checked the manual and it isn’t in there so where is it from?
the same place nightmare's artwork comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom