• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait, since when were Ryu & Ken American-designed characters?
Not sure, but Street Fighter's been treated as a separate Capcom US trademark since it was added in 4. I guess the western offices handle the bulk of marketing and esports?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not sure, but Street Fighter's been treated as a separate Capcom US trademark since it was added in 4. I guess the western offices handle the bulk of marketing and esports?
It's just strange to place them in that section. It's like saying Activision 100% owns Spider-Man, even though he's originally from Marvel comics.

D

Deleted member

Question for you Persona fans, does the word "jack" have anything to do with Joker in Persona 5?

D

Deleted member

With the information from the Square Enix thread, some Discords servers and this thread, i feel like any of these will be the “Brave” character:
>Erdrick
>Eight
>DQ Heroes (Erdrick or Eight with alts of other heroes in the same way that Bowsy has the Koopalings).
>Bravely Default rep.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Question for you Persona fans, does the word "jack" have anything to do with Joker in Persona 5?
It's either a reference to Jack Frost, a usable Persona in the games + the de facto SMT mascot, or him being the 'jack of all trades' of the party with his wildcard ability (being able to use more than one Persona).

D

Deleted member

Well on a personal level, I would be hyped beyond all reason if the color swaps would go like so:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...oaro-ed207db9-4a5d-4814-9927-ed2690eb5506.png

But since this may not sit well with the majority, then maybe have 4 tops, and 4 female versions as well. (Although I can't think of more than 3 female heroes unless de count 9's, but they'd have to tweak her proportions to make her taller).
If it goes this way, i would be completely fine.

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily a Persona reference, honestly.
"Joker" is also the "Wild Card", the "Jack of All Trades".

....also "Jacks" are part of a deck of cards too. :V

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Jack Frost. Mascot of the Megami Tensei franchise. Appears as a Persona in every game since the first one. Also is part of Jack of All Trades or a reference to Joker himself in the deck of cards.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Assuming this Joker/Erdrick/Steve/Hayabusa/Doomslayer leak is real, the copyright portion at the bottom of the title screen is about to look stuffed.

Nintendo, HAL, Pokemon Company, Creatures Inc., Game Freak, Shigesato Itoi, APE, Intelligent Systems, Konami, Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Monolith, Capcom U.S.A., Square Enix, Atlus, and potentially Microsoft, Koei Tecmo, and id Software.

Nintendo: Anybody not listed below
HAL: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
TPCi, Creatures, Game Freak: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
Itoi, APE: :ultness::ultlucas:
Intellgent Systems: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:
Konami: :ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Sega: :ultsonic::ultbayonetta: (maybe Joker here too, not sure)
Capcom: :ultmegaman:
Bamco: :ultpacman:
Monolith: :ultshulk:
Capcom U.S.: :ultryu::ultken:
Square: :ultcloud:, Erdrick
Atlus: Joker
Microsoft: Steve
Koei Tecmo: Hayabusa
id: Doomslayer

Holy moly.
Needs Mojang and Bethesda

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Joker"

"Deck of cards"

"cards"

Or, if we're taking "jack" literally, then since this kid's design is based off of a design for a Jack of Spades card...

(quote me to see the images because the website hates me)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Joker"

"Deck of cards"

"cards"

Or, if we're taking "jack" literally, then since this kid's design is based off of a design for a Jack of Spades card...

(quote me to see the images because the website hates me)
No idea who are these but I'm glad I looked at it.

Do you think it is possible we could get free echo DLC?
Mii costumes= not free
Echo fighters=

Fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Do you think it is possible we could get free echo DLC?
Pretty unlikely at this point. Echoes aren't much work compared to most fighters but they still require new animations and whatnot. Besides, Piranha Plant is already our free DLC bonus in a way.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
normal people: Brave's 8 skins will probably be eight different DQ heroes, or at least colours based on each
me, an intellectual:

website hates images right now, quote to view

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Probably answered already just The Jack Personas. Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, Jack Ripper( who wasnt in P5). Plus all the card stuff everyone said
normal people: Brave's 8 skins will probably be eight different DQ heroes, or at least colours based on each
me, an intellectual:

yes yes, this is delicious

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

me, an intellectual:

I mean, that is also possible and acceptable.

Who has said that BD shouldn’t be in Smash, anyway? It is a good franchise, with a lot of titles exclusive to Nintendo consoles and with a great reception worldwide.

Anyone against BD doesn’t know how close to Nintendo the franchise is.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So, I have news. Well, sorta. The whole "Brave was added in 1.1" is false. Brave was added in 1.0. Not going to share the proof publically because it's kind of personal, but miners found it as early as Dec 5th. For reference, Jack was in 0.9, before even the launch patch 1.0. So, for clarification, Brave was added on Dec 5th.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So, I have news. Well, sorta. The whole "Brave was added in 1.1" is false. Brave was added in 1.0. Not going to share the proof publically because it's kind of personal, but miners found it as early as Dec 5th. For reference, Jack was in 0.9, before even the launch patch 1.0. So, for clarification, Brave was added on Dec 5th.
wasn't december 5th 1.1?

Graizen

Smash Champion
That explains why Vergeben got info about Erdrick long time ago.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
me, an intellectual:

That honestly seems perfect.

And you can have their final smash be the special move and have each of their own themes play depending on the character.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
wasn't december 5th 1.1?
hmmm, you're right. I was under the impression that was 1.0 and prelaunch was 0.9. My b. However, I've seen a lot of people confused and assumed 1.1 was the recent patch and THAT was when Brave was added. This is incorrect, he was added Dec 4th or 5th depending your timezone, when the 1.1 update was officially added. Just some clarification.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
hmmm, you're right. I was under the impression that was 1.0 and prelaunch was 0.9. My b. However, I've seen a lot of people confused and assumed 1.1 was the recent patch and THAT was when Brave was added. This is incorrect, he was added Dec 4th or 5th depending your timezone, when the 1.1 update was officially added. Just some clarification.
We're on 1.2.1 right now. 1.2.0 was a week after launch that fixed some bugs, notably with the Links.

Still not sure why Isabelle is left unfixed. My guess is a big patch by month's end to fix her and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom