• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Another black mark on this rumor is that it almost implies that all the reveals will happen by E3. Which I think is ludicrous. Maybe we'll have 4 out of the 5 characters revealed at best but all 5 is stretching it big time.
Joker showed they don't need any gameplay to get people hyped. But that definitely is the big thing against the rumor for me, personally.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope Doom Slayer makes it in, but they give him a Master Falchion and his final smash is Critical Triforce Slash

D

Deleted member

True enough, but it's kind of why I mentioned March in particular. It feels like the earliest we might get considering Piranha Plant, a bonus fighter, comes out in February (or was it this month? I can't remember). E3 feels like the right event to announced 3 of the 5 characters, with the final one being teased somewhere in Fall (much like with Cloud). Assuming this list is real, it'd be ideal to announce Doomguy and Steve in E3 given its strong Western presence.
I could see there only being one at E3 due to Nintendo's Directs. Ever since the Switch came out, they've been doing them far more often than they were during the Wii U era, and they're treated as a fairly big deal. Nintendo's dropped E3-grade announcements in random Directs a lot lately.

For me personally, I feel like they'll pull a Ryu again and have DLC #2 purposely take a long while to be revealed because it will be Nintendo's typical "And you can buy it now!" reveal they like doing at E3, with the last 3 characters being spaced over their Directs.

Basically, I'm predicting release dates are gonna work like this:

Joker: March-April
DLC #2: E3
DLC #3: August
DLC #4: November-December
DLC #5: February 2020

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Joker showed they don't need any gameplay to get people hyped. But that definitely is the big thing against the rumor for me, personally.
Sakurai made it sound that the animated trailer thingy's aren't going to happen often which is why I don't think it'll happen again.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
So my question is, why is this leak getting popularity over the Rayman-Steve-Heihachi leak? They both had Erdrick, but the latter also supposedly predicted the Arc Sys Granblue game (not sure if it was certifiably the same guy though)

I vastly prefer the Ryu-Steve-Doomguy leak in terms of characters, but the other one seems to have more going for it.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Geez, despite me not wanting Steve. I just imagine a reveal trailer where Steve is just casually placing blocks before Doom Guy suddenly busting it all down and start tearing Steve to pieces.

D

Deleted member

Was it confirmed that one character on the list made by Square (not the Vergeben one) was the real addition?

I know about Square spreading the list to prevent leakers from knowing the character, but was it official that the real deal is part of it?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Geez, despite me not wanting Steve. I just imagine a reveal trailer where Steve is just casually placing blocks before Doom Guy suddenly busting it all down and start tearing Steve to pieces.
I would like to see the opposite happen (Steve ripping and tearing Doomdoom) because I would eat up the confused outrage like chocolates

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So my question is, why is this leak getting popularity over the Rayman-Steve-Heihachi leak? They both had Erdrick, but the latter also supposedly predicted the Arc Sys Granblue game (not sure if it was certifiably the same guy though)

I vastly prefer the Ryu-Steve-Doomguy leak in terms of characters, but the other one seems to have more going for it.
I would prefer that first group of characters but to me it seems their both piggybacking off Erdrick and Steve.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Joker got the animated Trailer because:

1. He wasn't in a playable state yet, like when Mewtwo was first shown.
and,
2. The whole point of the trailer was to be a huge, flashy reveal hours before the game launched to drum up some of that good 'ol marketing hype.

I could very easily see the rest of the DLC being just straight up gameplay reveals like Smash 4's DLC was, due to the fact that since they'll be working on most of the characters at the same time, they'll have them in more finished states as the year goes on.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

A Granblue fighting game has been rumored even before Joker was revealed.

So that does NOT give much credibility to that leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A raging demon slayer isn’t worth spending money on?
While i don’t find Doom 2016 as a bad game, it is something that never struck on me.

Sure, the music is dope and the game runs great on Switch. But i just don’t see it as the coming of Christ that everyone claims it is.

But we can all agree that Doom is better than any CoD, tbh.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are we getting Steve?

Please tell me we're getting Steve.

I want Minceraft and Bear & Bird with instrument names.

Also, have y'all seen that ResetEra guy who said we're getting a trilogy and a 2D game? If not, https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-new-year-new-mii.90098/page-14#post-16501242

Apparently /v/ is paying attention to him (I haven't been there to check, though, just basing this off of someone's post in a character thread), but idk who he is.

Mother/EarthBound Trilogy ftw.

minecraft stage music like

**** me this is nearly 8 years old?
I need Fallen Kingdom for the SiIvaGunner memes.

And also the nostalgia so include TNT.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
While i don’t find Doom 2016 as a bad game, it is something that never struck on me.

Sure, the music is dope and the game runs great on Switch. But i just don’t see it as the coming of Christ that everyone claims it is.

But we can all agree that Doom is better than any CoD, tbh.
Same tbh. I was just being sassy.

D

Deleted member

Are we getting Steve?

Please tell me we're getting Steve.

I want Minceraft and Bear & Bird with instrument names.

Also, have y'all seen that ResetEra guy who said we're getting a trilogy and a 2D game? If not, https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-new-year-new-mii.90098/page-14#post-16501242

Apparently /v/ is paying attention to him (I haven't been there to check, though, just basing this off of someone's post in a character thread), but idk who he is.

Mother/EarthBound Trilogy ftw.

I need Fallen Kingdom for the SiIvaGunner memes.

And also the nostalgia so include TNT.
Every time Nintendo announces a new 2D game that isn't a new Wario one, I feel sadness. Please be Wah; it's been so long. :ultwario:

Also, MP Trilogy or Zelda HD Trilogy. Mother Trilogy would make me weep tears of extreme happiness, which is why it isn't happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I just noticed something: Page 9689...
Legends say that if this thread reaches page 9999 before all the DLC characters will be announced or leaked, Geno will finally happen.

D

Deleted member

Everytime Nintendo announces a new 2D game that isn't a new Wario one, I feel sadness. Please be Wah; it's been so long. :ultwario:

Also, MP Trilogy or Zelda HD Trilogy. Mother Trilogy would make me weep tears of extreme happiness, which is why it isn't happening.
Warioland got stuff in Ultimate (spirits, the shoulder bash returning in Wario’s moveset and music from The Shake Dimension).

Could these be pointing at something like Luigi’s new grab?

D

Deleted member

Warioland got stuff in Ultimate (spirits, the shoulder bash returning in Wario’s moveset and music from The Shake Dimension).

Could these be pointing at something like Luigi’s new grab?
I hope so. Although, the Wario Land music wasn't new; Wii U had Stonecarving City in it.

Speaking of which, words cannot describe how happy it makes me that song is in the game still. It's the best song to play while chilling and just labbing some stuff against the CPU.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
How is Brave a DQ character, it could mean bravely default? too vague to me.
Brave translates to 'Yuusha', which in turn is apparently the DQ protagonist class in Japanese. What isn't clear is why 'Brave' is coded as an English word when Piranha Plant is in Japanese, or why they decided to make the codename an inverse-translated English class name.

D

Deleted member

Totally Steve's trailer if he gets revealed:

TBH what's even the point of revealing him if his trailer doesn't capture such majesty as this?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Brave translates to 'Yuusha', which in turn is apparently the DQ protagonist class in Japanese. What isn't clear is why 'Brave' is coded as an English word when Piranha Plant is in Japanese, or why they decided to make the codename an inverse-translated English class name.
inb4 brave = triforce of courage = fourth link = wolf link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom