• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So... I have no familiarity with Doomguy so it might be a weird question but what's his personality like? I tried to get a grip on the character from Eternal gameplay but all I got is he likes to shove dangerous objects into demons' oral cavity.
yeah i mean you get the gist
he's always described as someone that the demons themselves **** themselves when they see him haha
to the point where his enjoyment of killing them is fetishistic

Yeah, most dollars don't taste that good at all...

Though, the Singapore dollar actually doesn't taste too bad, if baked at just the right temperature! Same with the Trinidad and Tobago dollar!
American dollars taste like [REDACTED]

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's plenty of stuff to buy in the ToasterBrains gift shop.
T-shirts, mugs, deeds to various estates of rich people who were just recently alive, etc.
You have my attention
Yeah, most dollars don't taste that good at all...

Though, the Singapore dollar actually doesn't taste too bad, if baked at just the right temperature! Same with the Trinidad and Tobago dollar!
*quickly writes down this info*

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So... I have no familiarity with Doomguy so it might be a weird question but what's his personality like? I tried to get a grip on the character from Eternal gameplay but all I got is he likes to shove dangerous objects into demons' oral cavity.
doom is a horror game and doomguy is the horror

D

Deleted member

From what i’ve played of Doom 2016, i could say that...

>...Doomguy has apparently some sort of mission to destroy all the demons (someone tells him to do so at the start of the game).
>...He only teams up with other entities if they allow him to kill many demons (there’s a robot that he ignores at the start, but allies with in a later mission after seeing that it allows him to keep killing demons).
>...He enjoys killing demons in as many ways as possible (there are a lot of ways to kill demons, and most show Doomguy enjoying it in a way).
>He never talks (probably because he is focused on the action).
>The armour apparently has some connection with hell or the demons (when you wear it for the first time, you see Doomguy having visions or memories of hell).

Overall: he is a man that loves killing demons, enjoys his mission just for that and signs up to anything that allows him to kill more of them.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Watch that the Brave character turns out to be Agumon.

-He's from a game called Digimon: Brave Tamer.
-His evolution song is called "Brave Heart"
-Bandai Namco is working on the game.

The internet would explode and a certain someone who supports his inclusion will be happy.
Agumon is the Brave Digimon.
He has the Brave Crest
WarGreymon have the Brave Shield
WarGreymon use the Brave Tornado

D

Deleted member

Agumon is the Brave Digimon.
He has the Brave Crest
WarGreymon have the Brave Shield
WarGreymon use the Brave Tornado
Yeah, anything is possible.

I would love any of the three options in the same way (Erdrick, Eight/Hero and Agumon).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, I got some sleep and have gotten a chance to clear my head. Sorry for that bit of a breakdown yesterday - I was having a bit of a bad day so all of this news hit at exactly the worst time.

I'm #TeamReal for this leak. Even though it's a text leak, it's really convincing, the dates line up, it matches with our expectations of what Nintendo corporate might want to do, so I think it's legit. Yeah, grain of salt and everything, but Brawl's roster was first a text leak.

I'm curious about our first set of Mii costumes. We never got the third party ones back from Sm4sh, so I'd guess they're gonna end up being some of the first we get. I never really played the Miis though - they never really felt like full characters, and the fact that they can't be taken through classic isn't helping that.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I got some sleep and have gotten a chance to clear my head. Sorry for that bit of a breakdown yesterday - I was having a bit of a bad day so all of this news hit at exactly the worst time.

I'm #TeamReal for this leak. Even though it's a text leak, it's really convincing, the dates line up, it matches with our expectations of what Nintendo corporate might want to do, so I think it's legit. Yeah, grain of salt and everything, but Brawl's roster was first a text leak.

I'm curious about our first set of Mii costumes. We never got the third party ones back from Sm4sh, so I'd guess they're gonna end up being some of the first we get. I never really played the Miis though - they never really felt like full characters, and the fact that they can't be taken through classic isn't helping that.
Doomguy in Smash would make Dragonborn more likely too.

I would love to see him in, tbh.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
1.8m GSP with Marth and no Smash Elite. Why Nintendo do you continuetot deny me What more do I have to do?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Doomguy in Smash would make Dragonborn more likely too.

I would love to see him in, tbh.
I dunno - I'm not usually one for the whole "Company X has Y reps, so that means they can't get more" argument, but I'm never gonna pretend that Dovahkiin is some giant gaming icon on the level of Mario and Sonic. Bethesda getting even one character will be a miracle. Not to mention that I'm not expecting Sakurai to turn around and do more DLC, despite Sm4sh having a bit more content there. It's really sounded like they want to end Smash DLC and be done with it, unfortunately.

Buuuut...the chances of a Dragonborn Mii costume are really shooting up with that news. They like to grab costumes from the companies they have. Guess I need to learn how to play the Miis.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I wish Ryu Hayabusa wasn't on that list, because he alone makes me think it's more legitimate than most leaks.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing that matters if this leak is real is that

you can play Gourmet Race in World of Light as Doomguy.

Also Ryu Hayabusa would be cool, it took this leak bringing him up to make me realise how much sense he makes, dunno why I never thought of him as a DLC character before.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not gonna lie, that leaked roster going around, would be an instant purchase for me...

• Joker, of course, is a character I'm looking forward to already
  • Haven't played Dragon Quest, but after doing some research, I'm already up for Erdrick. The series is a Japanese icon, and just makes a lot of sense
  • Ryu Hayabusa is one of the last remaining NES All-stars, and he'd just be so fun to use
  • Steve is believe it or not, my second most wanted Smash character, only behind an RH rep... I just have fond memories of playing Minecraft when it first came out, and Steve would make for a very fun character
  • Doom Guy wasn't necessarily on my wants, but I feel his inclusion makes sense, just because how much of an icon Doom is...

This is an impressive list imo, and if it ends up being real, I'll happily give my $25 to Nintendo

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Lol thinking anything below 2mil is enough to get into Elite Smash
My friend got in with 400k day one...
If i played day 1 i would have been in but i wanted to unlock characters. I am better than my friend and he is in elite yet i am not

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, that leaked roster going around, would be an instant purchase for me...

• Joker, of course, is a character I'm looking forward to already
  • Haven't played Dragon Quest, but after doing some research, I'm already up for Erdrick
  • Ryu Hayabusa is one of the last remaining NES All-stars, and he'd just be so fun to use
  • Steve is believe it or not, my second most wanted Smash character, only behind an RH rep... I just have fond memories of playing Minecraft when it first came out, and Steve would make for a very fun character
  • Doom Guy wasn't necessarily on my wants, but I feel his inclusion makes sense, just because how much of an icon Doom is...

This is an impressive list imo, and if it ends up being real, I'll happily give my $25 to Nintendo
DQ8 on 3DS is a good game to start with, besides the Dragon Quest 3 remake on 3DS

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Is the GSP requitment the same for all regions? Im in a snall region where i vs the same people multiple times i heard 1.5m was the GSP requirment in Australia

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
So if the leak characters are real I am ok with this line up. Dragon Quest character sounds cool and makes sense. Ryu Hayabusa is exciting and a classic and I am excited for Doom Guy so that is awesome. Just really don't care for steve at all but I get why he would get in

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have absolutely no idea if this list is real or not, but if this is the final list of DLCs, then:

Joker (Persona 5): Completely uninterested.
Erdrick (Dragon Quest): Completely uninterested, though I like medieval fantasy themes more so I'd prefer this one over Joker.
Doomslayer (DOOM): I care even less than Joker.
Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): Not a big fan of the franchise, though I played the NES title and I enjoyed it a bit. Interested but not that much.
Steve (Minecraft): I played Minecraft a bit in the past, and I think that the concept of a world made of blocks that you can interact with is very cool. Though, the game becomes very repetitive early, and aside of liking the base concept, I'm not really into the gameplay. Though, Steve may come out as an unconventional fighter, depending on how they implement the crafting and the creation of blocks in his moveset, so I'm a bit interested (but still not that much).

At the end, Piranha Plant would be the DLC fighter I like the most; Since I won't get it for free because I don't even have a Switch yet, I think that I'll buy it when I will get the game (if I will get it), and I'll probably skip every other fighter since I'm not really that much interested in them... the only one I may consider is Steve, depending on how much creative and unique his gameplay turns out to be.

At the very end, the only characters I'm interested in playing as, including base roster, are the Inklings, mainly for the paint/ink gimmick; and Piranha Plant.
Well, at least they brought back Young Link (my favorite version of Link) even though he's still a clone, and they improved Zelda's design (she's not a dark witch from some fantasy movie inspired by the Lord of the Rings anymore, she's finally the actual Princess Zelda).
Still a pretty disappointing character selection overall, and the more they add 3rd parties, the more I lose interest in the Smash series completely.

D

Deleted member

I have absolutely no idea if this list is real or not, but if this is the final list of DLCs, then:

Joker (Persona 5): Completely uninterested.
Erdrick (Dragon Quest): Completely uninterested, though I like medieval fantasy themes more so I'd prefer this one over Joker.
Doomslayer (DOOM): I care even less than Joker.
Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): Not a big fan of the franchise, though I played the NES title and I enjoyed it a bit. Interested but not that much.
Steve (Minecraft): I played Minecraft a bit in the past, and I think that the concept of a world made of blocks that you can interact with is very cool. Though, the game becomes very repetitive early, and aside of liking the base concept, I'm not really into the gameplay. Though, Steve may come out as an unconventional fighter, depending on how they implement the crafting and the creation of blocks in his moveset, so I'm a bit interested (but still not that much).

At the end, Piranha Plant would be the DLC fighter I like the most; Since I won't get it for free because I don't even have a Switch yet, I think that I'll buy it when I will get the game (if I will get it), and I'll probably skip every other fighter since I'm not really that much interested in them... the only one I may consider is Steve, depending on how much creative and unique his gameplay turns out to be.

At the very end, the only characters I'm interested in playing as, including base roster, are the Inklings, mainly for the paint/ink gimmick; and Piranha Plant.
Well, at least they brought back Young Link (my favorite version of Link) even though he's still a clone, and they improved Zelda's design (she's not a dark witch from some fantasy movie inspired by the Lord of the Rings anymore, she's finally the actual Princess Zelda).
Still a pretty disappointing character selection overall, and the more they add 3rd parties, the more I lose interest in the Smash series completely.
Remember, this is a leak, and all hypothetical. Don’t become too salty. :)

D

Deleted member

Haven’t been here in a while. Noticed something about a datamine and a leak. Can someone fill me in?
The game’s code has the data of three characters. One is the Plant, another Joker and there’s a third one codenamed “Brave” or “Hero”, i think.

The clues points to the latter being a DQ rep, with most claiming it is Erdrick, and a few seeing the clues matching up with Eight/Hero from DQ8.

The datamine information also fits with an old text leak, which said the the DLC will be Erdrick, Steve, Doomguy, Joker and Ryu Hayabusa.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My friend got in with 400k day one...
If i played day 1 i would have been in but i wanted to unlock characters. I am better than my friend and he is in elite yet i am not
If your friend is still only 400k then he's not Elite anymore, you drop out of it if you don't keep your ranking up. Like, I got into Elite as Ridley on day one, but I dropped out of it after my one week's free Online trial expired, and having only gotten Online again recently I've had to try and get him up there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom