• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Seeing as I already threw down money on the Fighters Pass I don’t feel like complaining about this supposed “leak”, since I really don’t care for ANY of those characters. But at least the stages and music are more than likely to deliver regardless.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Go figure, huh. How happy will you be if it outright rots? Basically the case where she makes it in as the "Brave" fighter.
joker was honestly enough, but add edea/a BD character and the next three fighters could be spike, boom boom and dr luigi and the pass would still be worth the £22.49 i shelled out for it

the fact that there's data for a fighter called 'brave' sitting in the game right now, even if it's erdrick, is wild enough already

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is the GSP requitment the same for all regions? Im in a snall region where i vs the same people multiple times i heard 1.5m was the GSP requirment in Australia
It's the same everywhere, but the GSP threshold increases based on how many people play online.

Basically the longer the game is out, the higher the Elite Smash threshold gets. People got in at 400K at launch only because a handful of people were playing online at the time.

However, the rate at which you gain/lose GSP changes too. You gain and lose more GSP now than you did at launch. However the shift isn't fully proportionate with the shift for the Elite threshold and I believe it's also influenced by your amount of matches played with a specific character. I've noticed that I gain/lose the most GSP with characters I've barely used, and if I get a winning/losing streak with a particularly fresh character, my score rockets up or plummets down continuously. Meanwhile, with characters I've used a lot, I earn/lose a lot less points.

Basically don't give two ***** about Elite Smash it's dumb and you could wake up one day to find yourself in it because everyone else keeps losing anyway.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think the text leak is real, just because what they say about Steve.
I don't think any characters that are DLC were planned for base (Piranha Plant is an exception and proves this).

If there was always plans for 5 characters for DLC, moving Steve from base to DLC would have cut one of the pieces of DLC out, and if they're all third party this would look terribly on Nintendo.

I still do think all of these characters have a chance though, but it'll take more than Erdrick being confirmed to convince me of the leak. Personally I think a 30th anniversary thing announce for Ninja Gaiden would convince me as this was something that has never popped up before this leak.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
It's the same everywhere, but the GSP threshold increases based on how many people play online.

Basically the longer the game is out, the higher the Elite Smash threshold gets. People got in at 400K at launch only because a handful of people were playing online at the time.

However, the rate at which you gain/lose GSP changes too. You gain and lose more GSP now than you did at launch. However the shift isn't fully proportionate with the shift for the Elite threshold and I believe it's also influenced by your amount of matches played with a specific character. I've noticed that I gain/lose the most GSP with characters I've barely used, and if I get a winning/losing streak with a particularly fresh character, my score rockets up or plummets down continuously. Meanwhile, with characters I've used a lot, I earn/lose a lot less points.

Basically don't give two ***** about Elite Smash it's dumb and you could wake up one day to find yourself in it because everyone else keeps losing anyway.
Thank you! Great reply!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Joker (Persona 5): Love Persona 5. I was ecstatic when he was announced and I can't wait for him.
Erdrick (Dragon Quest): Never played a Dragon Quest game so this will be my first impression of him if he makes it. Let's see how it goes.
Doomslayer (DOOM): The new Doom was one of the better games of 2016 so it will be awesome seeing him here if he does make it.
Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): About damn time! One of the last remaining classic NES franchises yet to be represented here.
Steve (Minecraft): The only one I will be disappointed with if announced. Never liked Minecraft, never will and him being here won't change that (if anything it will make it worse). Will be the only one I won't buy if true and I hope it isn't true.
Here are my thoughts on the rumoured leak:

Joker: Persona 5 is probably what I considered as one of my favourite JRPGs that I have played when it came out a few years ago. Overall, happy he made it in.

Erdrick: The only Dragon Quest series that I have played so far is DQVIII on the 3DS. Will be interesting to see what sort of moves they can give to him.

Doomslayer: Can't say much about the DOOM series as I have yet to play the game, but I can understand its presence within the gaming culture.

Hayabusa: Only came across Hayabusa's character when he was one of the playable fighters as I had played Dead or Alive 2 back on the PS2 and I played my first Ninja Gaiden series on the Xbox version. Overall, his series did started off with the Nintendo Entertainment System which does make sense for him to be an all-star.

Steve: As with DOOM, I can't really say much about Steve or Minecraft as I have yet to play his games but I do acknowledge its popularity and presence. (Even though I did attempt to watch some of the cringeworthy Minecon events.) Anyways, will be interesting to see what sort of moves they could give him.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Can someone breaking the licensing hell differences of Dragon Quest v. Final Fantasy v. Kingdom Hearts?

I feel like all 3 are equally treacherous

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Hayabusa and Joker are all i care about

Ninja Gaiden black on xbox is simultaneously one of the best games of all time qnd one of the hardest.

Don't care about dragons quest never heard of it and i always preferred Duke Nukem over Doom marine.

Dont see Doom marine getting in tbh

I hope Steve doesn't get in as he is boring, and lastly Goku or Ezio for final DLC character and Master Chief for the 3rd. Thank you Sakurai

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Can someone breaking the licensing hell differences of Dragon Quest v. Final Fantasy v. Kingdom Hearts?

dragon quest has a ****ty composer who hates the west
final fantasy is square's golden baby so they won't let anyone touch it any more than absolutely necessary
kingdom hearts is disney

bravely default is a small dev team that's worked well with nintendo on 3 games including octopath and has previously given out music to final fantasy crossovers like theatrhythm with no problem

Untouch

Smash Master

Final Fantasy - Nomura and Uematsu.
Dragon Quest - Horii, Toriyama and Sugiyama (who is arguably worse than Uematsu).
Kingdom Hearts - Nomura and THE MOUSE.

I'd probably rank the hell (from best to worst) .
Final Fantasy > Dragon Quest > Kingdom hearts.

D

Deleted member

@ Doom and Ninja Gaiden fans:
Convince me on their music so I can make a ranking for the possible DLC tracks based on that leak because it currently looks like this
Minecraft>>>Persona 5>>>>>>>>>>>>Environmental Noises>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragon Quest

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Convince me on their music so I can make a ranking for the possible DLC tracks based on that leak because it currently looks like this
god if steve gets in i can't wait to see how they handle minecraft's music

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well I'm going to give my reaction to this I guess as I have some experience with some of theses guys

Joker: Okay I lied I don't know a thing about this stylish lad. However he has STANDS and his entourage of honeys are on point. I hope he gets a Futaba's guidance also :ultinkling: WOOMY

Erdrick: Never played 3 but I LOVE 8 and 9 11 looks good but I'm sorry Lyn just can't beat Jessica. So yeah I'm down mostly.

Ryu: YEA YEA YEA Ninja Gaiden is the ****!

Rip and tear: Characters like him and say Scorpion or even BJ and Master Chief make sense they are front runners of a genre just not in Smash. Also DOOM though.

Steve: I love Minecraft but what has me perplexed is that if he was say 'early' then there should be some code referencing him in the game already so... yeah odd. Otherwise well if you dislike Minecraft I'm sorry but this thing shook up everybody from Mario to Fallout. Everyone has to have for better or worse a 'building' game because of Minecraft. Just like say with games like FNAF or Undertale the hustle a single man has to go through with games without giving up or the thing not to just be hot garbage is monumental. So for Minecraft to even be a thing is amazing.

Now does it look bad? Oh yeah its poo, but like fam I don't know :ultgnw: is just a flat man so eh?

god if steve gets in i can't wait to see how they handle minecraft's music
There's some creppy ass track of a man running down a hall

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
There's some creppy *** track of a man running down a hall
this is vergeben infiltrating sakurai's offices late at night, then getting chased and caught by that ****ed-up steve model from 4chan

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
imagine yoshi and kirby fighting to this

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
This is possibly THE most disappointing DLC ever if this is true. Wow. VERY glad I didn't get the fighter pass.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Not a "fan" of either per se (haven't played them) but I'll pitch in a bit.

Here's the only Ninja Gaiden track I know. Albeit a remix (though also one of the most recent tracks associated with the series because it hasn't had much aside from re-releases this decade): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

D

Deleted member

dragon quest has a ****ty composer who hates the west
final fantasy is square's golden baby so they won't let anyone touch it any more than absolutely necessary
kingdom hearts is disney

bravely default is a small dev team that's worked well with nintendo on 3 games including octopath and has previously given out music to final fantasy crossovers like theatrhythm with no problem
Square has more stuff outside of those four, doh.

I would love to see someone from The World Ends With You, Tomb Raider or Nier. Also curious about the idea of Life Is Strange spirits or Assist trophies.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ninja gaiden at least the original on xbox is atmospheric because of its difficulty to get you into a zen mode

D

Deleted member

The one advantage to Doom being in Smash Bros is Mick Gordon tracks being in the game. Just... Take a moment to digest this.

D

Deleted member

If Doomguy happens that would be sick.

That said, I care just about as much about datamine leaks as I care for 4chan troll texts.

I'll await more news from Nintendo before I make any final judgments on the situation.

D

Deleted member

Doomguy needs to play fast.

Not like Sonic, but maybe like Marth or Captain Falcon.

Pakky

Smash Hero

MMmmmmm good and manly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom