• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I was primarily talking about the Mario side-series...

Heck, maybe a Wrecking Crew track as well?

Yes, that's a Mario side-series
I would like Warioland getting some love.
We get content from the Donkey Kong Country series, why not stuff from Warioland?
Mario Kart 64 had a track on Sherbet Land, though the Wario reference (if it was even ever intended) has been lost with the time.
What about a track on Syrup's Castle, or on the SS Teacup? or even better, playable Cpt. Syrup in a pirate ship kart?

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Wild to me that we're at a point where nostalgia for Mario Kart Wii is becoming more and more prevalent. The main takeaway from that game for years was its completely nightmarish item balancing. Also Funky Kong on the Flame Rider. And the fact it looked worse than Double Dash from half a decade earlier, for some reason. And I mean hey, not knocking people who're fond of MKWii, because lord knows I love 64 in spite of the fact it's clunky as all get-out.

Anyway, Mario Kart 8 stands heads and shoulders above the rest of its series and it's not even close. While I'm chomping at the bit for new tracks I'm nervous that the bar has been set too high, if anything. Mario Kart 9 is going to have a lot to prove.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Wild to me that we're at a point where nostalgia for Mario Kart Wii is becoming more and more prevalent. The main takeaway from that game for years was its completely nightmarish item balancing. Also Funky Kong on the Flame Rider. And the fact it looked worse than Double Dash from half a decade earlier, for some reason. And I mean hey, not knocking people who're fond of MKWii, because lord knows I love 64 in spite of the fact it's clunky as all get-out.
I love the trash item balancing. Aggressive items + 32 tracks + Hard CPUs + 150cc = a whole lot of fun.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I love the trash item balancing. Aggressive items + 32 tracks + Hard CPUs + 150cc = a whole lot of fun.
More like self abuse.

Basically being forced to sit and watch as you get gang ***** by shells and the other racers as you go from 1st to last is why I gave up on the game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Whatever, like you could seriously see those four driving around in go-karts.
Simon would look pretty stupid in a go-kart, but I'll forgive it if he shouts "I vanquished the darkness!" every time he gets 1st.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Whatever, like you could seriously see those four driving around in go-karts.
Yes.

Now just imagine Snake in a cardboard box with wheels.

Also bring Cloud with the Fenrir and Hardy Daytona.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I've said it before, but Nintendo need to stop being cowards and do Nintendo Kart. Just basically the Super Smash cast, but in Mario Kart. Let Ridley drive around in a little go-kart throwing banana peels at people.

andree123

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that the January direct in 2019 will just be a smash bros one?
I may expect info about the DLC Mii costumes, Joker and the P5 stage, the dates and the unknown SE fighter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've said it before, but Nintendo need to stop being cowards and do Nintendo Kart. Just basically the Super Smash cast, but in Mario Kart. Let Ridley drive around in a little go-kart throwing banana peels at people.
What sells better to the soccer mom with a 7 year old? Mario Kart? or Super Smash Kart?

Does anyone think that the January direct in 2019 will just be a smash bros one?
lol no

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We already have Cloud in Chocobo Racing. Mario Kart wouldn't be too far off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think you can still call it Mario Kart, just bring in more crossover stuff. Kinda like how Sega had "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing".

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Simon would look pretty stupid in a go-kart, but I'll forgive it if he shouts "I vanquish the darkness!" every time he gets 1st.
Actually, this, plus him (or Richter) only using Blade Dash as transportation.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I may expect info about the DLC Mii costumes, Joker and the P5 stage, the dates and the unknown SE fighter.
Absolutely not. A direct that has some Smash stuff? Sure, but we're not getting a Smash exclusive direct for a long while.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
What sells better to the soccer mom with a 7 year old? Mario Kart? or Super Smash Kart?

lol no
Brand recognition is important, but I think that the crossover appeal will offset the difference. After all, a game with a title as stupid and vague as "Super Smash Bros." sold millions of copies because it was a game where you could have Mario, Link, Samus, and Kirby fight each other.

I think you can still call it Mario Kart, just bring in more crossover stuff. Kinda like how Sega had "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing".
Yeah, maybe call it "Mario Kart All-Stars" or something to retain the brand name but still differentiate and explain it. That would work.

D

Deleted member

Anything new happen as of late; I haven't been on in awhile. No gaming site has said anything regarding new DLC, so I know nothing's been announced, but have there been any interesting rumors or leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom