• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
My only gripe with the new Link is that he doesn't have the hylian hood on, not even hanging off him showing his hair.

If he had that, I actually might've seriously considered maining him.
I'll never get that. If he can go with a hat or without it, why not give the hood as well? It would probably work well with his red alt, given how close it is to the Hylian Tunic. Or maybe the original even, given the artwork.

Of course DLC costumes wouldn't be considered for fighters, but this would be at the top of my list.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think that'll depend on who you ask.
I know for me, when I think "dragon" my mind doesn't go to Yoshi.
I mean, he doesn't cross my mind either, unlike say, Ridley, Rayquaza, Reshiram, etc. But I saw one time that someone counted Yoshi as one saying that Ridley was...the fourth? Alongside Corrin, Charizard (I know the typing issue) and then Yoshi, which got me scratching my head.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright, since you are the Yoshi expert, I have to ask...does Yoshi really counts as a dragon or simply a dinosaur? I know he has the past FS called "Super Dragon", but it was temporary? It honestly gets me so confused.
It depends on who you ask. The original designers said that he was supposed to be a dragon (even based his design around the dragon protagonist of Devil World) and Japan pretty much labels him as such. Hell, early designs even gave him a slimmer snout

Plus, the abilities he got from the Koopa shells, the fire-breathing, the flying, the ground pound, just speak "dragon" to me. The western localization was responsible for the dinosaur classification, not that it really matters...

Edit: Oh, and in Super Mario Galaxy 2, he's referred to 'Space Dragon" in his... um, "space residence"

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It depends on who you ask. The original designers said that he was supposed to be a dragon (even based his design around the dragon protagonist of Devil World) and Japan pretty much labels him as such. Hell, early designs even gave him a slimmer snout

Plus, the abilities he got from the Koopa shells, the fire-breathing, the flying, the ground pound, just speak "dragon" to me. The western localization was responsible for the dinosaur classification, not that it really matters...
That's a funky lookin' Yoshi.

I can't say I dislike it, but I like the design we got more.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Rumor: A New Nintendo Direct Coming Up on January 10th.

Keep an eye for next week!
Woah, where's this from? That's real neat looking.

I like the final Yoshi better as well, but beta designs are always fascinating.
Woah! Where'd you guys come from!

Are my friends returning now that the holidays are over? :nifty:

D

Deleted member

My only gripe with the new Link is that he doesn't have the hylian hood on, not even hanging off him showing his hair.

If he had that, I actually might've seriously considered maining him.
Game: "These headwears grant great additional defense or bonuses to certain stats."
Me: "hnngh hood cool"

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Gold/Silver beta leak was a trip. Seeing old stuff like this is really cool.

Where's my baby Meowth Gamefreak?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, since you are the Yoshi expert, I have to ask...does Yoshi really count as a dragon or simply a dinosaur? I know he has the past FS called "Super Dragon", but it was temporary? It honestly gets me so confused.
Being mythical creators makes the term "dragon" poorly defined but Yoshi's probably compatible with the TMs for Dragon Pulse and Dragon Tail at the very least.

D

Deleted member

Keep an eye for next week!
The game's out and you guys are still looking out for Direct rumors? Nothing ever changes...

Woah! Where'd you guys come from!

Are my friends returning now that the holidays are over? :nifty:
I'm just stopping by for a little while. I'm not going to be regularly active again, sorry if I got your hopes up. I've been enjoying Ultimate though. Shulk's changes are really nice even if he does look a little odd. My favorite of the new guys is definitely Ridley.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

o-o Wow, I learned something new about this scaly guy today! Thanks for the info, Zinith!

Edit: Oh, and in Super Mario Galaxy 2, he's referred to 'Space Dragon" in his... um, "space residence"
he's referred to 'Space Dragon"
Oh God, REALLY? We have been expecting Ridley to be referred as such for a long time, and it took YEARS for that until Ultimate...and yet Yoshi got it WAY before? xD I cannot believe it.

D

Deleted member

Being mythical creators makes the term "dragon" poorly defined but Yoshi's probably compatible with the TMs for Dragon Pulse and Dragon Tail at the very least.
Of course he's compatible with those moves!

hidden-yoshi-or-other-marionintendo-characters.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just stopping by for a little while. I'm not going to be regularly active again, sorry if I got your hopes up. I've been enjoying Ultimate though. Shulk's changes are really nice even if he does look a little odd. My favorite of the new guys is definitely Ridley.
Well it's good to see ya either way! :happysheep:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The game's out and you guys are still looking out for Direct rumors? Nothing ever changes...
Well, I'm not expecting any Smash news so early post launch and post Joker...

Other Nintendo games would be nice though.
Also SMTV which I've had over a year of radio silence on.
At this point, I don't even expect it to be good, I just want to be disappointed earlier instead of teased for 2 years and smacked with TMS#FE.

D

Deleted member

My wishlist for the possible Direct:

-Sequel to Tropical Freeze.
-MK8D update that adds Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool.
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer.
-First look at Dark Samus’s amiibo.
-Cool indie games.
-Atlus stuff on Switch.
-Old Dragon Quest games on Switch.
-New Three Houses trailer.

Iridium

Smash Hero
An alt based on this would have been cool for me.

Probably one of the alt costumes I've wanted the most for Link, for reasons.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We always get a direct in January, so it wouldn't be a surprise. I expect only Piranha Plant in when it comes to Smash stuff. maybe Joker.

I also don't expect any new Pokemon stuff, which makes me a sad lad.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
D

Deleted member

My wishlist for the possible Direct:

-Sequel to Tropical Freeze.
-MK8D update that adds Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool.
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer.
-First look at Dark Samus’s amiibo.
-Cool indie games.
-Atlus stuff on Switch.
-Old Dragon Quest games on Switch.
-New Three Houses trailer.
B A Y O N E T T A 3

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just witnesssed a Double Belmont Team...I’m so glad I didn’t fight them...cause **** all that noise

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
ZSS does look kimda creepy, but I don’t think that’s in every stage though.
How a character looks seems to depend on the stage/lighting, depending on the character. Mario looks terrible on Battlefield, for instance, but looks fine on some other stages. The lighting system in Ultimate isn't the best.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
In the next Direct, I just want them to show something related to Mario Kart. Isn't Mario Kart tour supposed to be happening, whatever that is? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Smash is exciting and all, but I am looking forward to other things besides that.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Keep an eye for next week guys for possible Smash info!
Makes sense. Piranha Plant is already on a deadline given the Amiibo has a hard release date and that's it's been four months since the last general Direct. :ultpiranha:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want them to show something related to Mario Kart. Isn't Mario Kart tour supposed to be happening, whatever that is? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm honestly expecting them to skip this generation with MK8D being the de facto "Switch Mario Kart"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
o-o Wow, I learned something new about this scaly guy today! Thanks for the info, Zinith!

Oh God, REALLY? We have been expecting Ridley to be referred as such for a long time, and it took YEARS for that until Ultimate...and yet Yoshi got it WAY before? xD I cannot believe it.
I think even some fanart of Yoshi mixed with Ridley happened due to that...

I ain't looking it up though :yoshi:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That map was easily the most fun I had while playing the entirety of Fates. Very memorable. lol
You're not wrong.

The Vanguard Dawn DLC was also pretty fun.
Yes, I'm aware Vanguard Dawn is just Elincia's Gambit from Radiant Dawn.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom