• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why are there moves that you simply can't B-Reverse? This **** is stupid.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't get it.

I liked it better when we were talking about things I know about.

Like how TP Zelda is the best Zelda.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The leak itself isn't what I annoys me, it's the fact that we don't know who made it.

It honestly doesn't feel right having no solid confirmation on who made such a big rumor.
So back in the Grinch days there'd be some evidence proving the whole damn thing as fake and we'd still go

"well

we just gotta wait until the direct

because really both sides make sense so i dont think you can ever deconfirm this"

Same thing I see with who made it.
it's MtP, folks, I don't know how this isn't obvious.

D

Deleted member

Spider-Verse deserves an academy award.

It is a masterpiece, and i dare to say that i enjoyed it more than Infinity War.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I think all this Zelda talk has pushed me over the edge.

I'mma be a Zelda main.
She's fantastic in Ultimate, so that gets a thumbs up from me!

...Seriously, she actually feels playable now. Down-B is super fun!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm pleasantly surprised with Zelda this time too. I didn't bother in Wii U, even though I like the TP design. But now I play her consistently.

I'm considering putting her in the official secondary pocket.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The day Leonardo DiCaprio wins an academy award is the day I find a billion dollars just lying on the ground.

...I'm Waiting, Universe.
Didn't he win his first one like two years ago?

Edit: Looked it up yes he did Best Actor 2016 for The Revenant. Which i dont even remember but i am certain its a retroactive award.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I know. She's my current highest GSP and the one I've used most locally (mainly because I played a ton of doubles against a K. Rool/Ganon team and had kicks for days).

I've been prolonging the inevitable trying to learn Daisy. I know I can, I just don't think I can put forth the effort to relearn how to play the game to really use her right. I've already played Zelda since Brawl and she's finally GOOD. I just now decided to bite the bullet and say "**** it I'm maining Zelda". :ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultyounglink: are my secondaries.

Apparently Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda are my favorite things.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
We’ll just stick with Marthio (like how a majority preferred Bowsette over the other names)
Bowsette is lame, in both concept and name. Koopa-hime is an objectively better nickname, but that's about it. The original Shy Gal is where it's at.
Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.50.40 PM.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know. She's my current highest GSP and the one I've used most locally (mainly because I played a ton of doubles against a K. Rool/Ganon team and had kicks for days).

I've been prolonging the inevitable trying to learn Daisy. I know I can, I just don't think I can put forth the effort to relearn how to play the game to really use her right. I've already played Zelda since Brawl and she's finally GOOD. I just now decided to bite the bullet and say "**** it I'm maining Zelda". :ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultrobin::ultyounglink: are my secondaries.

Male Corrin, or no?

D

Deleted member

What if we got a Pokémon rep on the Fighter Pass, and the stage is Poké Floats 2?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Zelda feels really tight in this game. I played her occasionally back in the Brawl and Smash 4 days as well and never picked her up too seriously due to the problems she had. In this game, however, I could see myself playing a lot of Zelda. Her whole kit feels super good now and from what I've heard her combo game is pretty fun, so she's definitely someone I wanna try out more.

TBH, I have waaaay too many characters I enjoy, lol. I know everyone says the less characters you play and focus on the better, but I struggle with that so much, lol. There's at least 15 characters on this roster I really enjoy playing, and picking only just a few of them is really hard for me. It's why my sig is constantly changing; I can't settle on anything past Inklings and K. Rool being the two I enjoy the most, and even then I like to mix it up from time to time with another new/old favorite. The amount of characters I play will probably do nothing but hold me back in the end, but I honestly can't help it, too many of these characters are simply too much fun to play! :p

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Both are dead and still hot...also Koopa-Hime is a low tier name for Bowsette
Shy Gal suffers from Sturgeon's Law, that's for certain. I still love the concept though.

Also, Koopa-Hime is indeed superior. Bowsette doesn't even make any sense. The "-ette" comes from Toadette. The Super Crown makes Bowser resemble Peach, not the pink mushroom. The actual name would be Peachser, or Peacher, or what have you. The names stink though, while Koopa-Hime rolls off the tongue.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shy Gal suffers from Sturgeon's Law, that's for certain. I still love the concept though.

Also, Koopa-Hime is indeed superior. Bowsette doesn't even make any sense. The "-ette" comes from Toadette. The Super Crown makes Bowser resemble Peach, not the pink mushroom. The actual name would be Peachser, or Peacher, or what have you. The names stink though, while Koopa-Hime rolls off the tongue.
Since the crown is meant to be used for Toadette, and Bowser “borrowed” her crown to gain years of research, the term Bowsette makes a lot of sense (and is also a better sounding name than the rest (especially with an accent)
Bowsette is a low tier waifu so it fits.
She’s Bottom Tier thank you very much
Female Corrin gets the Toothless color swap so I stick with her.
Female/Superior Corrin also has the better lines

Iridium

Smash Hero
Female for me.

Just like the design better. Although I'm kind of sad that male Corrin is the one that gets the blue color swap... :/
To be honest, male Corrin has the better alt choices to me (red especially does it) and he seems cooler in some way. And I love having some unpopular opinions once in a while.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would lick the female's foot...
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I've now dropped Corrin from my secondaries.

And replaced her with anyone with shoes. Doesn't matter who. The shoes are what's important.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD And I have to admit, when I heard her utterly cheery laugh she does in one of her taunts...I d'awwed. It's rather adorable, specially comparing it to the silent wave OoT and TP Zelda had.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would lick the female's foot...

I'm not gross You're GROSS!

Don't kink shame me >.<
It's really weird how foot fetishists consider their fetish completely normal when it's not. :bobomb:inb4 "b-b-but i said jk!" yeah no **** i'm not dumb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom