• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Women can be serious and still have a spectrum of emotions

Just like how you have

:ultsimon: and :ultpit:(Who can't read...)
Simon's only emotions in Smash are manly grunting and vanquishing darkness.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I don't care one way or the other if Waluigi does or doesn't get in, but it was only a tiny amount of fans that harassed Sakurai. And most of them apologized. Now I just see more people ****ting on annoying Waluigi fans than the aforementioned annoying Waluigi fans.
I don't even necesserily mean the harrassing.

The way he turned into this unkillable meme and the way you constantly hear the "why did x- character get in before Waluigi? What the heck?"

They seem to act like Waluigi has more right than anyone to be in the game and when you're on the internet you can't escape him anywhere.

One might say the fandom is oversaturated on support for Waluigi

osby

Smash Obsessed
Meme denied

:ultzss: Very good.

:ultbayonetta: Also good.

:ultpalutena:Is a big fat nerd but also good.

Women can be serious and still have a spectrum of emotions

Just like how you have

:ultsimon: and :ultpit:(Who can't read...)
Since when Palutena and Bayonetta are remotely serious? Also I wouldn't say ZSS in Smash has varied emotions, as cool as she is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How his fans behave doesn't really affect his chances, though.

Can you give me a list of things I'm allowed to like and dislike, so I can continue not giving a ****?
Dude, you literally went out of your way to compare Waluigi to Baby Rosalina, a character who is immensely disliked because her mere existence throws away what little established canon Mario has.

You don't present your opinions in good faith. That was apparent ever since you called K. Rool and Ridley TERFs in the headcanon thread as a bafflingly stupid insult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, I liked that they threw ALttP/ALBW a bone, they deserved it.
Also, TP Zelda is kinda the only Zelda with an actual 3D model who doesn't show much emotion in her home game. In every 3D game Zelda is more alike the current Smash Zelda rather then the ice queen that TP Zelda is. I feel like this change reps Zelda better and also wouldn't mess with TP Zelda as I don't think she would fit well with the current liveliness of ALTTP/ALBW Zelda.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I just hate the meme of Waluigi. NOT him, or his fans, like really. i love his dance moves.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Eh, I liked that they threw ALttP/ALBW a bone, they deserved it.
One has to wonder why they couldn't do both though. It sucks really, having been a Zelda main, and now that she's finally more viable, they outright remove the best look for her, in a game that already reuses so much.

And Link's tunic in this game really doesn't do him the justice that his TP outfit did. Don't know why the hell they cut that. Ugh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dude, you literally went out of your way to compare Waluigi to Baby Rosalina, a character who is immensely disliked because her mere existence throws away what little established canon Mario has.

You don't present your opinions in good faith. That was apparent ever since you called K. Room and Ridley TERFs in the headcanon thread as a bafflingly stupid insult.
osby osby ngl he's got a point

i mean i have contrarian moments as well (The bulk of the smash fandom tends to influence what I want depending on what would make 'em unnecessarily salty) but i usually own it lmao

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All these Zelda design talks kinda make me wish Zelda was styled after Breath of the Wild as well. Kinda weird that she isn't honestly. In canon, she's probably even the strongest of all Zelda incarnations outside of Hylia herself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I need BOTW2: Breath of the Wilder to star Zelda. Give her outfits. Give her weapons. Her "Master Sword" is the badass light rapier.
Easily would be my favorite Zelda game.

I'd preorder it right now based on that description alone.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
All these Zelda design talks kinda make me wish Zelda was styled after Breath of the Wild as well. Kinda weird that she isn't honestly. In canon, she's probably even the strongest of all Zelda incarnations outside of Hylia herself.
It would look kind of odd to see leggings zelda in combat

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
All these Zelda design talks kinda make me wish Zelda was styled after Breath of the Wild as well. Kinda weird that she isn't honestly.
Sakurai said no because she was a researcher, not a fighter.

:ultisabelle: does that make him a hypocrite? :ultisabelle:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Since when Palutena and Bayonetta are remotely serious? Also I wouldn't say ZSS in Smash has varied emotions, as cool as she is.
They have the compacity to be serious, while they aren't super silly I wouldn't call them stoic either.

They're like a soup.

:ultwiifittrainer: Is straightedge but so much so that its ironic.

D

Deleted member

It's also honestly my favorite Zelda design of them all, the dress is cute but it kinda looks a little ridiculous when she fights in it

I mean the entirety of Smash looks ridiculous when you consider a giant fire-breathing space dragon can fight a tiny grabby monkey but still

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's also honestly my favorite Zelda design of them all, the dress is cute but it kinda looks a little ridiculous when she fights in it

I mean the entirety of Smash looks ridiculous when you consider a giant fire-breathing space dragon can fight a tiny grabby monkey but still
try going back in time and telling someone that you've seen Cloud fight Ridley

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys, guys.

Can't we all just get along? And agree that TP Zelda is clearly the best one in this picture?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Yes. Also, I would take Guardian blasting, Calamity sealing, 100 year surviving without aging Zelda to protect my life over Zelda with telepathic abilities and who needs to be safeguarded through the earliest dungeon without ever doing anything.

That's just me though.

I get ALTTP Zelda looks cute and all, and very princess-like, but yeah, weird choice still.

D

Deleted member

I don't even necesserily mean the harrassing.

The way he turned into this unkillable meme and the way you constantly hear the "why did x- character get in before Waluigi? What the heck?"

They seem to act like Waluigi has more right than anyone to be in the game and when you're on the internet you can't escape him anywhere.

One might say the fandom is oversaturated on support for Waluigi
Tbh, Daisy fans kind of acted the same way before she got a costume in Mario Maker.

I still remember the days i watched the Gamexplain videos about the new costumes added to the game, and how each one had many comments saying how the character got in before Daisy.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I need BOTW2: Breath of the Wilder to star Zelda. Give her outfits. Give her weapons. Her "Master Sword" is the badass light rapier.
Easily would be my favorite Zelda game.
I think they should go this way for the next Zelda game - character choice at the beginning, and the one you don't choose ends up being the prince/ss of Hyrule. Pokémon's done that with the rivals for ages.

And I'd love to see Zelda kicking ass with her rapier and light magic. But I also still want to be able to play Link.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Maybe if enough people play the contrarian with whichever Zelda design they prefer best, I will eventually be the lone guy who likes ALBW!Zelda the most.

Irony is tragic, beautiful, and hilarious all in one.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Man, no offense, I hate this argument. Isabelle is a cartoony dog who is allowed to do things like pull turnips out of nowhere, summon a stop sign at will, and kill opponents with those weird party things. She's like Phoenix Wright in MvC:3, who fights by accident basically. Contrast that with BotW Zelda, who for one has to fit over the current Zelda moveset, and isn't really allowed to be as loose with her fighting given the nature of her character. Her and Isabelle aren't comparable.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And agree that TP Zelda is clearly the best one in this picture?
:V...Funny, I cannot stand TP Zelda (mostly because she gets in the way of my Link/Midna shippin'), and I like OoT Zelda, since I used her in Melee (landing that flying kick of her was great). :3

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well unlike your Zeldas, mine looks like she'll actually declare a war.

Bring it.

touche

I think they should go this way for the next Zelda game - character choice at the beginning, and the one you don't choose ends up being the prince/ss of Hyrule. Pokémon's done that with the rivals for ages.

And I'd love to see Zelda kicking *** with her rapier and light magic. But I also still want to be able to play Link.
I don't think Link necessarily needs to end up being part of the royal line. He could still be a knight and be in the "oops i've been ganon'd" role. At least, that's what I'd like.

Not that the game's Link incarnation being a member of the Hyrule royal line wouldn't be cool, but I think Zelda by lore requirement has to be descendant of the royal family. Link can be just some dude with the Soul of the Hero.

I mean that's just me and my interpretation though, i would play it regardless and it's not really that important

i'm not a hyrule historian so

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Man, no offense, I hate this argument. Isabelle is a cartoony dog who is allowed to do things like pull turnips out of nowhere, summon a stop sign at will, and kill opponents with those weird party things. She's like Phoenix Wright in MvC:3, who fights by accident basically. Contrast that with BotW Zelda, who for one has to fit over the current Zelda moveset, and isn't really allowed to be as loose with her fighting given the nature of her character. Her and Isabelle aren't comparable.
You're not wrong.

But it's also a stupid argument.

If Sakurai had wanted BotW Zelda in, there's absolutely nothing stopping him from putting her in. He chose not to. Any arbitrary reason given for that decision is just that. Arbitrary. There's nothing about Zelda's current moveset that can't be replicated in pants.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And I'd love to see Zelda kicking *** with her rapier and light magic. But I also still want to be able to play Link.
What about a LoZ game that allows Link and Zelda to travel and fight together and you can switch between the two anytime you want? (No Spirit Tracks doesn’t count)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
BotW Zelda is my favorite Zelda. Wish she would've been playable.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's definitely within the context of the Zelda universe, whereas the silliness and campiness of the Animal Crossing series makes Isabelle an exception to the rule.

It's just genderbending

the internet has been doing it for years. It's not really that bad
More like a poor man's genderbending. I don't find it particularly offensive so much as it's "Baby's First Rule 63". It also comes with a load of Fridge Logic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom