• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The TP designs are generally great, but really didn't look good in Smash 4 imo, once they get saturated like that they lose that nitty gritty look that made them look cool to begin with. Like, TP Ganondorf is easily my favorite Dorf, but for Smash I far prefer the OoT one, and unless we go back to something akin to Brawl's artstyle I'd prefer our current designs going forward (maybe with Link being the one who gets updated along the way, although I'm fine with him staying as BotW too as TL and YL have the classic Link look down).

ALttP/ALBW Zelda is the best Zelda all around though, it's just classic and was one of this game's many pleasant surprises for me.
Or they just make a new Zelda game which uses all , or at least most of the Smash Zelda cast? It's quite long overdue that we saw Ganondorf in a mainline Zelda game.

This is why I wanted all the Zelda characters based on Hyrule Warriors, and have Impa as a newcomer because why not.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Your opinion has been taken into consideration and discarded before being reported to the OCD. The Opinion Crimes Department has evaluated this opinion and deemed it wrong and of "****taste". All future expressions of your opinion will be invalidated.
Is it alright if I copy-paste this text, rip it out of context and abuse it for personal reasons?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why not though?
I don't like him, it's not that deep. Also I don't get why some people think he needs to be in Wario or Luigi games just because of his name.

No she didn't. Her debut was on a Mario Gameboy game, Mario and the 6 Golden Coins. Daisy was the princess Mario had to resque in that game.
/s

Happy?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
What if Waluigi colluded with spookies?

Which was the reason why he can do weird toon force stuff like swimming in air?

And was also the reason why he has such a defeatist attitude?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I saw we were talking about Links and princesses in Smash in here. Can I join?

I totally qualify for both of those things.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"I don't like him, so don't let him branch out anywhere so I can keep on ****ting on him for being nothing but filler."
You're right, I hope they let Baby Rosalina to show her full potential in new Yoshi's Island games so people would no longer have an excuse to hate her.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gameplay wise? No question the new one is superior in every way.

Otherwise, I guess I'm just more fond of her TP design no matter what. I do think her new design is just a bit overrated (not like crazy, at least), but that's just me. Maybe I just prefer a more serious look compared to most other people.
Thank you.

Gameplay-wise, the new one is incredible. I'm so glad I don't secondary bottom-tier trash anymore.

The thing I like best about TP Zelda though was that she was different than the other princesses. The new one shares too much with Peach's "Blonde cheerful bubbly princess" instead of giving her the gravitas of a queen.
Basically the difference between this:

and this:

and besides, she does smile in Brawl...

...though I don't know why "She has *****y resting face" is an argument against her. She doesn't have to always be bubbly, and Mario in Smash also goes around pissy all day.

Honestly, since the Zelda series is the only one that does have such drastic differences in the characters' designs, I think all of them should pull the Link/Ike/Wario two-different-costumes thing. Link's TP look was great, and I'd have taken that anyday over the Tunic of the Wild, Zelda should have gotten the TP gown or the BotW gown (so underused in the game...), Ganondorf's got his great TP and HW looks...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I like Waluigi as a character, mostly because of his goof, but the anoying way his fans behave made me and many others despise him, which is sad, because it hurts his chances.
To all Waluigi fans: act normal, like the other character-supporters

Pakky

Smash Hero
Thank you.

Gameplay-wise, the new one is incredible. I'm so glad I don't secondary bottom-tier trash anymore.

The thing I like best about TP Zelda though was that she was different than the other princesses. The new one shares too much with Peach's "Blonde cheerful bubbly princess" instead of giving her the gravitas of a queen.

and this:

...though I don't know why "She has *****y resting face" is an argument against her. She doesn't have to always be bubbly, and Mario in Smash also goes around pissy all day.

Honestly, since the Zelda series is the only one that does have such drastic differences in the characters' designs, I think all of them should pull the Link/Ike/Wario two-different-costumes thing. Link's TP look was great, and I'd have taken that anyday over the Tunic of the Wild, Zelda should have gotten the TP gown or the BotW gown (so underused in the game...), Ganondorf's got his great TP and HW looks...
:4zelda:Twili Zelda is a ugo!

BOOO

:ultzelda:is a nice person that you can have a conversation with.

D

Deleted member

Wanna talk about Mario characters exclusive to spin off titles?

Just have a look at Mini Bowser from Mario Party.

More rare than Waluigi, and never left the Mario Party series outside of some rare exceptions.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Thank you.

and this:

Don't you know

Women are ONLY allowed to have bubbly personalities. Men would never like a serious woman in their life.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but the anoying way his fans behave
I don't care one way or the other if Waluigi does or doesn't get in, but it was only a tiny amount of fans that harassed Sakurai. And most of them apologized. Now I just see more people ****ting on annoying Waluigi fans than the aforementioned annoying Waluigi fans.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I like Waluigi as a character, mostly because of his goof, but the anoying way his fans behave made me and many others despise him, which is sad, because it hurts his chances.
Not all of them but I felt the same.

D

Deleted member

I know a good number of Waluigi fans who act great online.

Some websites just made clickbaity articles that made them look worse for nothing.

It has been a long time since the Sakurai thing, and they haven't done bad stuff in a long time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're right, I hope they let Baby Rosalina to show her full potential in new Yoshi's Island games so people would no longer have an excuse to hate her.
There we go with that purposefully contrarian attitude of yours again.

Just say you hate popular things. It's incredibly transparent when you go out of your way to **** on characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Waluigi.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Waluigi isn't a bad character and he deserves his own game. His meme popularity has brought a handful of unsavory fans (and as always, everyone is treating a vocal minority as if it's a huge crowd) but he's otherwise my favorite of the Charles Martinet characters. Sorry, Paarthurnax.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Best Zelda will always be HW Zelda.

She's essentially TP Zelda, but with a sick light rapier.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I like her old look better too, but her new design works better with livelier animations. I think old design was a bit bland in things like throw animations and such, I have no problems with serious Zelda.
Honestly, all they needed to do was just give TP Zelda more lively animations. Could've solved the problem without making such a sad sacrifice.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

Just say you hate popular things. It's incredibly transparent when you go out of your way to **** on characters like Ridley, K. Rool, and Waluigi.
RIDLEY IS SO COOL IN THIS GAME! I love the way he plays.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How his fans behave doesn't really affect his chances, though.

Can you give me a list of things I'm allowed to like and dislike, so I can continue not giving a ****?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember when Link to the Past Zelda sacrificed her very being to keep another princess alive?

thats because she just stood there and got kidnapped like a little 10 year old girl would

That has literally nothing to do with Waluigi's chances.

:ultridley: it never has for any character :ultkrool:

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thank you.

and this:

I'm in the same camp as you. (We've agreed plenty on the topic before.)

TP Zelda is drastically different and actually matches the visual of a ruler. The new Zelda-- while absolutely adorable and wonderful-- is basically Zeldafied Peach. We now have Peach, Daisy, Zelda and arguably Palutena all more or less matching the same mold of girl-in-charge-but-still-totally-a-girly-girl. Which isn't a bad thing to be; it's simply derivative to have so many of them. I appreciated TP Zelda's contrast, and the TP designs in general for being a more realistic/gritty take on the Zelda mythos.

I agree with an earlier point that the TP designs didn't quite match the Smash 4 design, and might not have fit in Ultimate either. But I can still lament losing my favorite Zelda design all the same, even if the one that replaced it is fantastic.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Don't you know

Women are ONLY allowed to have bubbly personalities. Men would never like a serious woman in their life.
Meme denied

:ultzss: Very good.

:ultbayonetta: Also good.

:ultpalutena:Is a big fat nerd but also good.

Women can be serious and still have a spectrum of emotions

Just like how you have

:ultsimon: and :ultpit:(Who can't read...)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Best Zelda will always be HW Zelda.

She's essentially TP Zelda, but with a sick light rapier.
I need BOTW2: Breath of the Wilder to star Zelda. Give her outfits. Give her weapons. Her "Master Sword" is the badass light rapier.
Easily would be my favorite Zelda game.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I don't care one way or the other if Waluigi does or doesn't get in, but it was only a tiny amount of fans that harassed Sakurai. And most of them apologized. Now I just see more people ****ting on annoying Waluigi fans than the aforementioned annoying Waluigi fans.
He was mentioned in Washington Post. That, wasn't normal.
I'll say though, don't let anyone kid ya they didn't annoy Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom