• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Haha.. teased on PS4.
Switch not yet.
Well.. that proves 2 things. Doesn't matter if it's on Sony if it's coming to Switch.. and your DLCs are heavily related to new or upcoming projects.

Edit: Oh! Someone got there before me :p

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So here's something that's been bothering me...

According to all of my lists taken from the wiki, I'm only missing one song at this point: DK's Jungle Level (Tribal).

It's not showing up in the shop, It wasn't in any of the chests in WoL, and I haven't gotten songs as prizes from Classic in ages. Is there anything I can do to get this last song to drop?

LetterO

Smash Lord
So gone are the days of the laggy For Glory Link who spams projectiles and evasive rolls, and now are the days of the laggy quickplay Wolf who spams blaster and evasive jumps.

Online is fun.
Nah, FG Links still exist and they're still a pain if you're a close up fighter.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
What if you
Wanted to go to Elite Smash
But Quickplay said
"2 Stock on Skyworld"
Last night I fought a Cloud whose rule set was 6 minutes, 1 stock. And he accidentally SD'd trying to edge guard me.
At least it gave me a good laugh.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

According to all of my lists taken from the wiki, I'm only missing one song at this point: DK's Jungle Level (Tribal).

It's not showing up in the shop, It wasn't in any of the chests in WoL, and I haven't gotten songs as prizes from Classic in ages. Is there anything I can do to get this last song to drop?
I'm having this too but I'm not sure whats the music total count or what I'm missing.
You need to clear some challenges.. that's all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nah, FG Links still exist and they're still a pain if you're a close up fighter.
None of the Links I've fought so far just mindlessly spammed roll though, even if they weren't masterful they still put some thought into their moves. As opposed to the handful of laggy Wolves I fought who do nothing but jump away, shoot their blaster and occasionally fair or dash attack.

Though maybe my GSP is just isn't in the right range to fight spammy Links.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ironic, considering he and Master Chief are the only two to officially be deconfirmed.
Only Travis at best. The tweet about Master Chief makes little sense. The only implication of knowing Master Chief isn't in the game is because he downloaded Smash itself. No DLC character is complete(bar maybe PP). There is no way Master Chief could be remotely in a downloaded Smash game at this point.

He's literally not in the game at this time. So it's a literal truth. If he meant negotiations fell through, then the message is portrayed poorly. All the tweet proves is that MC is definitely not among the current games files at the time of it. The rest is too vague.

I have yet to see a good source of what the Travis tweet means, so I'm skeptical on the details. Did they mean that no negotiations have happened? That Suda51 or Nintendo said no? It's very weird and confusing. At least there's some clarify, even if it means Chief isn't really disconfirmed, among that tweet. It actually has some remote context.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
They also gave that colour to the killer in Persona 4 Ultimax. They love that reference.
Can't wait for Joker to have it in 5 Arena
FE has a bunch of antagonists that could work in Smash. The only candidates from games already represented would be pretty much Camus and Black Knight, none of the others reach the same level of popularity or iconicness. Black Knight is easily the most popular FE villain(technically, it's Reinhardt but uhm) while Camus can provide a character on horseback and a lance.
Gharnef would be cool considering we don't have a dark mage archetype as a character(even if I'd prefer Lyon, rip) and Medeus is uhm, too big.
No one cares about Zephiel or Idunn.
Don't think anyone is gonna root for Garon lol
And Grima would be a better stage. Or a Robin echo I guess

D

Deleted member

I heard people were posting about best Fates kid.

I'm disappointed none of y'all posted the true top tier picks:

Velouria_and_Selkie_Support_Art.png

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Really! When? May I have a link?
Your avatar look XD
There was a giant No More Heroes stream the other week where Suda and the team said that while they're happy he was getting the support, he isn't in. However, if TSA sells he wants to make NMH3 and get in the next Smash game. There was also an interview with Suda from the day before the stream where he talked about his dreams for how Travis would play in Smash along with his choice of Amiibo. All basically rounding up to "Not this time, guys".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There was a giant No More Heroes stream the other week where Suda and the team said that while they're happy he was getting the support, he isn't in. However, if TSA sells he wants to make NMH3 and get in the next Smash game. There was also an interview with Suda from the day before the stream where he talked about his dreams for how Travis would play in Smash along with his choice of Amiibo. All basically rounding up to "Not this time, guys".
Yeah, I thought the tweet was kind of vague. This is probably why. It's not full of context, but yeah, this is heavily implied there were no negotiations for him to be in, so while it's great you support it, it's not happening, sorry.

segillav

Smash Apprentice

It is in a WoL chest but apparently in a very well hidden one, since I didn't find it in my playthrough either. http://lightgungalaxy.com/2018/12/1...f-light-guide-every-chest-in-the-light-realm/

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We got multiple franchises from same genre. I don't want Digimon in Smash but it's not like there's a quota to be filled.

Cloud must be happy that you don't consider him a generic anime swordman.
It's simple really

He doesn't share special moves with four other characters from the same franchise

D

Deleted member

I was thinking Travis too until talking to others about it.

TBH I have no idea what DLC could be this go around, especially after Joker. I would like to see Steve, but do I think he's 100% in? Eh...I dunno. Could go either way.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oh! I didn't know about that, thanks O/
Hmm.. then who? :/ No one seems to fit what Nintendo hinted. Well at least we know the game has to have a new project. So that goes for Slime/Erdrick.
Hmm..

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
excuse me ****ing laharl?

the guy dressed in a diaper and a cape?
I like disgaea a lot
but also i agree with this sentiment
and i don't think it disqualifies him or anything

also people wanted toad

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
There's not a single trace of "bigsaltygamertears" existing on smashboards. I just tried making an account called bigsaltygamertears to see if it would say if the name was taken, and it wasn't taken, so it's not like it's privated or anything, either.
Uh oh, I think someone is using inspect element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom