• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Cuphead’s copyright is owned by Studio MDHR. Microsoft just has a contract of exclusivity. He’s no more out of reach than Joker. Then again, with Banjo and Steve on the table, he might be even if he was.
Oh I thought I missed something there. My bad, didn't bother to check.
If it wasn't for those Blast Corps and Jet Force spirits I'd say Banjo's chances are slim. According to leaks the best case scenario would be (if Microsoft ever joins) having Banjo and a Minecraft stage. Personally, I'd rather Zits.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Ryu_-_Stars.png
So how would y’all feel if we got Ryu Hayabusa as a potential DLC character?

He’s a classic video game character that debuted in the 1988 Ninja Gaiden, a beat em up that pioneered the use of cutscene storytelling in games. Even though the Ninja Gaiden series is now largely dormant even after its revival in the 2000s, he lives on through the Dead or Alive series (which has a new game in 2019). He’s pretty much the mascot for Koei-tecmo who also have a cool guest assist trophy with Fatal Frame.

His name wouldn’t be a problem, and they could just say his full name if they didn’t want to get mixed up with Street Fighter Ryu. Im not really well versed with either NG or DoA, but interested to see what others think about him.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 184737

He’s a classic video game character that debuted in the 1988 Ninja Gaiden, a beat em up that pioneered the use of cutscene storytelling in games. Even though the Ninja Gaiden series is now largely dormant even after its revival in the 2000s, he lives on through the Dead or Alive series (which has a new game in 2019). He’s pretty much the mascot for Koei-tecmo who also have a cool guest assist trophy with Fatal Frame.

His name wouldn’t be a problem, and they could just say his full name if they didn’t want to get mixed up with Street Fighter Ryu. Im not really well versed with either NG or DoA, but interested to see what others think about him.
i like ryu

Iridium

Smash Hero
View attachment 184737

Yes. Yes, thank you.

He's basically one of the last few iconic characters from the NES era who isn't in yet. The bosses, the music, the [potential] spirits, the everything. And I am a big fan of ninjas too, so I'll take that.

Also, Ryu vs. Ryu. Give me that.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Cuphead's owned by Studio MDHR, not Microsoft.
I've been corrected.
In my post, I quoted yours. read the quote. I changed a little
You want me to go all the way back there.. you could've just said it and saved me the effort :/

*goes back 8 pages.. jumping through many posts*

IT'S THE SAME!!.. you mean that little waits?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New nominee for the worst character supporter cathegory.

Should we make a poll thread for each cathegory?
E3569713-7333-4B5B-A925-9CBFEA879BBA.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 184737

He would be great,
He'd finish the third party NES all-stars trifecta alongside :ultmegaman: and:ultsimon:. And I think Koei Tecmo is overdue for a character is Smash. Especially since they have a nice, long history with Nintendo. Not only Ninja Gaiden, but also Fatal Frame, the Warriors games, and even an obscure crossover between Pokemon and Nobunaga's ambition, known in the west, as Pokemon Conquest.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, when it comes to Cuphead, Sakurai has praised the game in the past. So if by some means Nintendo chose Cuphead, I think Sakurai would be pretty up to it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 184737

I've been pushing him since NG3 came out.
Nobody listens though because nobody here plays the damn game.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
not like that’s a bad thing
Yeah, it kinda is. When you wanna check in and see if there's been any news or anything and it's just 4 pages of:
"Oh man, I can't believe I lost that one."
"I'm changing the ruleset."
"I'm having connection issues."
And so on...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I thought I missed something there. My bad, didn't bother to check.
If it wasn't for those Blast Corps and Jet Force spirits I'd say Banjo's chances are slim. According to leaks the best case scenario would be (if Microsoft ever joins) having Banjo and a Minecraft stage. Personally, I'd rather Zits.
I’d love that. Banjo Character. Minecraft stage. Xbox Series Symbol. Music from tons of Microsoft and Rare Games. Best of both worlds IMO.

Side note, who else wants a “LEGO Super Smash Bros” game. Not just Smash with a LEGO skin, but a LEGO game featuring Nintendo characters

D

Deleted member

I’d love that. Banjo Character. Minecraft stage. Xbox Series Symbol. Music from tons of Microsoft and Rare Games. Best of both worlds IMO.

Side note, who else wants a “LEGO Super Smash Bros” game. Not just Smash with a LEGO skin, but a LEGO game featuring Nintendo characters
Me.

At least if i get Metroid sets that way, while also adding Chase McCain to the roster.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
New nominee for the worst character supporter cathegory.

Should we make a poll thread for each cathegory?
View attachment 184754
I don’t know why I didn’t think you’d do it...

View attachment 184737

Before Joker came out, I believed he was the only notable Japanese third party left they could add in this game, I was proven wrong but I still think he has a pretty good shot regardless and I definitely know I want to see him in. I wonder how well his NES incarnation would translate into Smash’s gameplay.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The only good LEGO was LEGO City tbh. Hmm, why not.. an excuse to have Smash characters in a Lego form :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only good LEGO was LEGO City tbh. Hmm, why not.. an excuse to have Smash characters in a Lego form :p
I LOVED LEGO Dimensions and have been having a blast with DC Super-Villains. When there is a LEGO game using your favorite characters, the game just hooks you.

The most fun I’ve ever had in any game ever was in LEGO Dimensions using Sonic and running around the hubworlss. And I get the same exhilaration in DC Villains using the Speed characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, and you’re a lock for Best Artist unless you shockingly get defeated by Noipoi, Noipoi, Noipoi, or Noipoi.
Nominees can be updated if there are requests.

If you want another user for that cathegory, ask me.

I LOVED LEGO Dimensions and have been having a blast with DC Super-Villains. When there is a LEGO game using your favorite characters, the game just hooks you.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the second best Fantastic Four game behind Ultimate Alliance 1, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Wait, we're doing nominations now?
Oh boy, time to feel left out again. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the shadows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(don't mind me, I just want attention.)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, and you’re a lock for Best Artist unless you shockingly get defeated by Noipoi, Noipoi, Noipoi, or Noipoi.
Looks like I’m gonna have step my game and give Noi some competition by posting some more of my art here in the future...

I’d be interesting seeing some of the Nintendo cast as LEGO minifigures, some characters I can see translating better than others.

Oh boy, time to feel left out again. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the shadows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(don't mind me, I just want attention. q:)
I mean I nominated myself as a joke and JD took it, so...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
(don't mind me, I just want attention. :p)
don't take it seriously

honestly it's just JD being silly

if it was me i'd probably win all of them

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hm, guys, if I get Ultimate tomorrow, what would be the best thing to try out first? Asking for me here.

Pakky

Smash Hero
~List of Smashboards Awards nominees~

>Best Smashboards user in 2018<
-Noipoi
-Smashing Ramen
-Osby
-Serebii

>Worst Smashboards user<
-JDCabrera
-NessIsChad
-NessIsChad
-JDCabrera

>Best Artist<
-Noipoi
-Noipoi
-Noipoi
-Noipoi

>Best guest<
-ScottTheWoz
-Serebii

>Best ****poster<
-Onereasonanddone
-ToasterBrains

>Most Inspiring Character supporter<
-Captain America
-Osby
-SGoW
-Zinnith

>Least Inspiring Character supporter<
-JDCabrera
Well poo not even nominated I'll just smoke in the parking lot...

Hm, guys, if I get Ultimate tomorrow, what would be the best thing to try out first? Asking for me here.
Register your game if its a physical copy

Then maybe try out World of Light or classic mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that we are talking about LEGO Smash Bros, i feel like it is a good time to share these two videos made by a popular LEGO Youtuber called Just2Good.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Looks like I’m gonna have step my game and give Noi some competition by posting some more of my art here in the future...

I’d be interesting seeing some of the Nintendo cast as LEGO minifigures, some characters I can see translating better than others
Kirby Characters and PAC-Man characters come vividly to mind. Most of the others would work pretty well even if it would look weird for a sec. Translating a lot of the Smash characters would work about as well as The Incredibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom