• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Rather than make both a prediction roster and dream roster, I thought I'd just go all out and make a 100 character roster with a mix of both.

My predictions are Captain Toad, Dixie, K. Rool, Waluigi, Impa, Ganon, Decidueye, Ridley, Isabelle, Bandana Dee, Wolf, Isabelle, a second splatoon rep, Elma, Rex, Lyn, Springman, Ice Climbers, Takamaru, Phoenix Wright, and Bomberman.
The rest is characters that I would add, I don't mind clones or characters with similar movesets so I added some of those.
I don't expect that many third party characters but these are the ones I think would make the most sense.

You can tell me how much you love it, how much it sucks, or just ignore and keep scrolling I see you :glare:
>Abe Licoln
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
She was still a popular Ballot request TBF
She had some vocal support, but she wasn't even competitive among her own series with Wolf. I'd Say Wolf and K Rool had an equal amount of support during the ballot, and were the main front runners of their series. Hell, I'd say even Dixie Kong had stronger support than Krystal. Her not being in Zero kinda pushed a lot of people off her train.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Characters that are more likely than you think: #3

Character: Mimikyu
Universe: Pokemon
Debut: Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon (2016)

Mimikyu's History:

Mimikyu was one of the first Pokemon revealed for Sun & Moon. The moment people saw him for the first time, he stood out from the rest.

One notable distinction Mimkyu has from other Pokemon, other than being a creepy decoy of the iconic mascot of the company, is his role as a Totem Pokemon in Sun & Moon.

He was definitely worthy of the spotlight, and it was a special introduction to the Pokemon and its personality, which is not something that every Pokemon gets.

Team Rocket:

Mimikyu debuted in the third episode of the Pokemon Anime, where he officially become a member of the Team Rocket family, as Meowth declared.

Mimikyu now continues to be a recurring character in the Anime. He could very well be described as Pikachu's revival. A very impressive title indeed.

What makes Mimikyu Unique?:
Mimikyu would be the game's very first Ghost Pokemon. Oooooo. One of his unique characteristics is not only that he has a decoy form that can shrug off damage, but his fabric can tear, revealing his true form or "essence."

Mimkyu fighting Pikachu:
Edit:Not sure who put this stupid music over it. I didn't have my headphones in.

And yes, Mimikyu has arms...

It's clear that Mimikyu is The Pokemon Company's pride and joy when it comes to Pokemon that are popular and promoted in the games and anime. And it's clear that he is a unique specimen.

Masahiro Sakurai:
“Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company,” explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. “What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

“For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

“But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.”

He is not a character to merely glance at. There couldn't be a more famous Pokemon this generation.

"Piiiiick meee?!?!?"

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Man whenever I see characters like Isaac and Krystal are mentioned, it makes me question how long people have been supporting them since the Brawl days, and it makes me question if the support will ever truly die off. To me it just sounds like a lost cause at this point, but what do I know.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Krystal’s time is up, she hasn’t been in any of the past few Star Fox games.
At this point, slippy makes more sense.
He’s been a core member in every single entry

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Man whenever I see characters like Isaac and Krystal are mentioned, it makes me question how long people have been supporting them since the Brawl days, and it makes me question if the support will ever truly die off. To me it just sounds like a lost cause at this point, but what do I know.
Part of the reason I'm not hyped for King K. Rool any more is that I can't take any more.

It's just non stop:
"King. K. Rool is the best character! He's the most deserving character! He's the most likely character! Any roster that doesn't have him is a flawed roster!"

I'm sick of seeing his name and face plastered everywhere. And in every clickbait video or article about Smash predictions and wishes. I wish Sakurai would add him, just so people will stop.

Why Slippy and not Peppy? How about Andross? Instead of adding every single Star Fox member. I mean I hate when people ***** about clones, but I don't think we need five of the same character.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's been like 10 years, right? I'm surprised they even get any mention at all within Smash speculation, considering their...less than favourable circumstances.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Part of the reason I'm not hyped for King K. Rool any more is that I can't take any more.

It's just non stop:
"King. K. Rool is the best character! He's the most deserving character! He's the most likely character! Any roster that doesn't have him is a flawed roster!"

I'm sick of seeing his name and face plastered everywhere. And in every clickbait video or article about Smash predictions and wishes. I wish Sakurai would add him, just so people will stop.

Why Slippy and not Peppy? How about Andross? Instead of adding every single Star Fox member. I mean I hate when people ***** about clones, but I don't think we need five of the same character.
Because peppy is old, Andross is a giant floating monkey head.

I don’t mind clones.
But slippy doesn’t have to be
He’s the “tails” of the star fox series, he can use his gadgets to fight

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's been like 10 years, right? I'm surprised they even get any mention at all within Smash speculation, considering their...less than favourable circumstances.
10 years give or take.

Though credit where it's due, I will say that the few that still support Isaac to this day are pretty genuine. It's not like some flavor of the month crap that is popular for like a few months and dies off, people still want to see Isaac playable due to being fans of Golden Sun and want to see the series "mature".

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Isaac's chances solely rely on the ballot, due to his series being dormant for a while now. Judging on his performance, we may at the least get to see him return as an Assist Trophy or perhaps a Mii costume. Granted, him being playable would be best, but something is better than nothing.

As for Krystal, her chances also mostly rely on the ballot. Fortunately for Krystal though, Star Fox may be struggling, but it isn't dead. A future installment with her being a part of the cast again would definitely boost her chances, but with Zero being so recent, I doubt she'll make it. As of now, I'd say Slippy probably holds the best chances of being a Star Fox newcomer. Recency and even having his own spin-off game definitely help. Been considering on making a moveset for him, too.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll take my shot on the Decidueye/Incineroar conversation:

https://www.nowgamer.com/pokemon-in-super-smash-bros-how-theyre-selected/

This is the interview I could find (linked from SourceGaming) regarding Sakurai's inclusion of Greninja.

“Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company,” explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. “What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

“For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

“But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.”

It seems to me that Sakurai finds both marketability and uniqueness as valuable. The problem is, however, that :4greninja: is significantly more pushed as a character than any Sun and Moon character. Thus, he is a character that is "central to conversations in Pokemon" as he is has a significant role. This is also true with :4lucario:, having a major role in his movie and then being one of the primary Mega Evolutions showed in X and Y.

I personally feel a Sun and Moon rep would be pushed more for the second category: their
uniqueness and fit for Smash. I have concerns with Incineroar and Mimikyu in the latter category specifically.

Incineroar would be a good representative (and has a good potential to be unique) but there's a good chance Sakurai might obt for Litten instead to represent Ash's Pokemon. Mimikyu (and by extention Bewear) is the definition of the dark horse pick, but it's also very likely to be a Pokeball Pokemon as I feel their design probably won't be well received in the west.

As for Decidueye, he might suffer a similar situation as Incineroar (with Rowlett being a Pokeball Pokemon), but is more fit for the Smash role and has a lot more potential moveset wise. Compare Decidueye to Greninja, where his fits a more popular archetype (Ninja and Robin Hood Archer) than Incineroar (Wrestler). That's why I feel many people advocate for him.

My thoughts on a Sun and Moon rep come down to either Incineroar, Decidueye a movie Pokemon (lol Zeraora, I would love him as a pick) or no Sun and Moon rep at all.

:kirby:
Greninja is only more pushed if you take into account his entire existence, if you look at him relative to when Smash was released, he was actually less prominent then some SM Pokémon. In his first year, the main anime didn't have him debut until after Smash released, even being beaten out by Delphox in that regard, in terms of the movie he had essentially a shared appearance with the other starters, and there's nothing huge in the TCG or merchandise if I recall. The only thing he really had was two signature moves vs. the other's one, and even then it was just a glorified Guard move.

Relatively, most of the SM Pokémon candidates are ahead of him. Mimikyu had early promotion for the games (including a rap), merchandise, a major role in the anime, and a new Z-Move, Bewear had the anime and merchandise, Incineroar had the movie to himself, a Z-Move in SM, and shared USUM promotion with the other starters, Lycanroc shared said movie, also had some early promotion, has a form majorly featured in the anime, an upcoming form for USUM and a Z-Move, and Decidueye also had a Z-Move and Pokken DX. Even if we were to restrict it to 2016 to April 2017, you still would have Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Bewear and maybe Incineroar (as his movie trailer was at the cusp) definitely ahead of Greninja at the time. Greninja was very reliant on his concept art being appealing to Sakurai, if not for that, Greninja likely wouldn't have been chosen as popularity and promotion weren't even factors as only the developers knew he existed.

As for the uniqueness thing, the only thing I'll say on that is that I feel that the other non-Decidueye Pokemon have more options then you're giving it credit for. It may come down a bit to subjectivity, but even if Sakurai were to just look at the concept art, Pokémon like Incineroar have concept art that shows a lot of options and characterization for the Pokémon that Sakurai can easily pick up on.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
May I ask what everyone is reffering to with ballot results??? I know of one image and as far as I know it wasn't reflective of votes globally (only America) and wasn't even in any real order.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
May I ask what everyone is reffering to with ballot results??? I know of one image and as far as I know it wasn't reflective of votes globally (only America) and wasn't even in any real order.
The Smash Ballot results are what we are talking about. We don't known the full results at this point.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
That's some weird "logic".

Again. Really weird logic. "Falco doesn't have to be a clone. Wolf doesn't have to be a clone."

Slippy is Fox's sidekick?
I mean it’s true, I could see them somehow making peppy and andross work but slippy makes more sense.

Well neither of them are, they’re different enough to not be clones. Semi-clones at best.

Slippy is the Star Fox team mechanic, the childish one, the smart one, the annoying one, the one who always screams for his buddy’s help. Yes i’d say they’re similar. With Falco being similar to knuckles.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know what the funny thing is? The one thing I want in the new Smash isn't even a character really

It's actually more SEGA cameos. I would love to see a stage that pays homage to SEGA's arcade titles in particular. Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, After Burner, Shinobi, Golden Axe, that sort of thing. Call the stage SEGA Ages, bam instant hype for me. Hell why settle for just that, have Capcom Generations and Namco Museum for similar concepts, but with Capcom and Namco arcade titles respectively.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know what the funny thing is? The one thing I want in the new Smash isn't even a character really

It's actually more SEGA cameos. I would love to see a stage that pays homage to SEGA's arcade titles in particular. Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, After Burner, Shinobi, Golden Axe, that sort of thing. Call the stage SEGA Ages, bam instant hype for me. Hell why settle for just that, have Capcom Generations and Namco Museum for similar concepts, but with Capcom and Namco arcade titles respectively.
I'd like to see some third party content outside of characters. Particularly stages. Harvest Moon, Space Invaders, Puyo Puyo, Tetris, Rabbids, etc.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I would murder for a Namco Museum. Pac-Man, Galaga, Mappy, Xevious, Rally-X...please.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm still wonder if Krystal will return someday in the future...

I found quite strange she only had managed to appear in a Star Fox book-thing in the last 10 years; at least Micaiah had made some appearance in several of the Fire Emblem's Spin Offs, and got a Cameo Character in Awakening.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's amazing to me how many characters Capcom has that are feasibly iconic enough for Smash.

Mega Man, Ryu, Chun-Li, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Morrigan, Dante, Chris Redfield.

Seriously, I don't think there's a single third party that has as many iconic characters as Capcom.
Which is why Nintendo vs. Capcom would be such a perfect crossover fighter, but alas.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm still wonder if Krystal will return someday in the future...

I found quite strange she only had managed to appear in a Star Fox book-thing in the last 10 years; at least Micaiah had made some appearance in several of the Fire Emblem's Spin Offs, and got a Cameo Character in Awakening.
I'm sure she will if star fox continues, especially if platinum stays at the helm, I can't remember who said it but someone at platinum said they'd like to include her in a sequel. Plus Sauria is mentioned in Zero at some point which I like to believe is a little hint she'll be returning as well.

Edit: aha found it
That's Star Fox Zero and Bayonetta 2's director btw.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So, uh, about that DECIDUEYE fellas

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
NOMINATION UPDATE

Top 7:
Geno x236
Ashley (WarioWare) x233
Micaiah x229
Blue Bowser x222
Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo) x221
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x214
Tethu (EverOasis) x208

Over 200:

Isabelle x205

199-150

Veteran: Lucas x192
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x181
Veteran: Mewtwo x180
Agumon x165
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x163
Ganon x161
Bomberman x155
Black Shadow x150

150-100

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x140
Lycanroc x136
Urban Champion x135
Impa x134
Sans (Undertale) x133
Travis Touchdown x130
Funky Kong x129
Kamek x128
Veteran: Greninja x126
Dark Samux x124
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x123
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x121
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x116
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x111
Spyro x108
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Ryu Hayabusa x95
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x95
Simon Belmont x90
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x88
Azura (Fire Emblem) x88
Masked Link x87
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Lip (Panel de Pon) x85
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x83
Excitebiker x82
Linkle x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Mipha x78
Concept: Skyrim representation x75
Octoling x75

74-50

Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x72
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x70
Labo related character x68
Cranky Kong x67
Sylux x66
Klonoa x60
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x57
Zeraora (Pokémon) x54
Parabo and Satebo x52
Gengar x52
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x51
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x50

49-30:

Veteran: Roy x48
Lara Croft x47
Thwomp x45
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x44
Lloyd Irving x42
Katrielle Layton x42
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x36
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Susie (Kirby) x35
Papyrus (Undertale) x35
Concept: Wars character x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x31
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x30

29-15

Snorlax x29
Dragonite x27
Ray (Custom Robo) x27
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Django (Boktai) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x24
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Sable Prince x21
9-Volt x21
Steve (Minecraft) x21
Mimikyu x21
Leo (FE Fates) x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Viridi x20
Stage: New Donk City x20
Tom Nook x18
Tails x18
Mach Rider x17
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Toon Zelda x17
Gooey (Kirby) x17
Endou Mamaru x16
Barbara The Bat x16
Primarina x15

14 and less:

Starfy x14
Veteran: Robin x 14
Petey Piranha x13
Sakura Shinguji x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x10
Ghirahim x10
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x10
Veteran: Dr. Mario x10
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Dragonborn x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Quote x5
Dr. Kawashima x5
Concept: Core Crystal Item (XC2) x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
King Boo x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Saki x3
Weavile x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1

Changes:

Tethu and Isabelle break through the 200 nominations barrier.
Black Shadow is now over 150 noms.
Mipha and Octoling are now in the 99-75 tier.
Zeroeroa, Gengar, Fawful and Paraba & Satebo are now over 50 noms.
Concept: FE Heroes Summoner is now over 30 noms.
Gooey, Endou Mamaru, and Barbara The Bat are no longer in the lowest tier (below 15 noms)
No new entries that day.
Did you um...mean to post that here? This isn't the rate a character thread. Good to know regardless. Hope next week we get to rate Ashley.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The ones I feel will get kicked for 5: :4corrin: :4darkpit: :4cloud: :4wiifit: :4ryu: :4feroy: :4lucario: :4drmario:

The ones that might return: :4bayonetta: :4lucina: :4lucas: :4mii: :4megaman: :4pacman: :wolf:
I don't understand the idea of adding DLC only to kick them from the roster a mere 2 years later, especially first party characters, third parties too tbh it doesn't make sense to let nintendo use their characters for one game and then randomly not let them in the next game. And Wii Fit trainer? Lucario? Dr. Mario? Dark Pit? what reason is there to cut them?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I don't understand the idea of adding DLC only to kick them from the roster a mere 2 years later, especially first party characters, third parties too tbh it doesn't make sense to let nintendo use their characters for one game and then randomly not let them in the next game. And Wii Fit trainer? Lucario? Dr. Mario? Dark Pit? what reason is there to cut them?
Well if Capcom doesn't want Nintendo to use Ryu in Smash 5, then Ryu ain't gonna be in and that's that.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Well for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, they're clones.As for Lucario, Gen 4 isn't important anymore. And for Wii Fit Trainer, not only she's a joke character, but also not relevant anymore.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I noticed the discussion in the previous pages and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants Bewear and thinks it has a decent chance.

My main Pokemon in Sun and Moon and my most wanted Pokemon newcomer.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I mean to be fair there could be legal issues regarding the characters for the next game.

If Capcom doesn't want Nintendo to use Ryu in Smash 5, then Ryu ain't gonna be in and that's that.
There could be, but they already let them use him in smash 4 less than 2 years ago, there's no reason to expect them to not let them tbh. And this game is likely essentially a port turned sequel, they wouldn't have to remake these characters or anything.

Well for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, they're clones.As for Lucario, Gen 4 isn't important anymore. And for Wii Fit Trainer, not only she's a joke character, but also not relevant anymore.
Them being clones only makes them more likely to return since they're so easy tbh. Gen 4 wasn't important in smash 4 either yet Lucario returned because he's one of the most popular pokemon in existence. Wii Fit Trainer isn't a joke character...she represents a major nintendo series which outsold 90% of the franchises in smash

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
There could be, but they already let them use him in smash 4 less than 2 years ago, there's no reason to expect them to not let them tbh. And this game is likely essentially a port turned sequel, they wouldn't have to remake these characters or anything.
True, but time and time again video game companies have made weird, out-of-left-field decisions before.

Not that I expect any of the third parties we have to get the boot, I don't, just saying it's entirely possible.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wii Fit wasn't a joke character. Relevancy has never been a reason for someone to be cut.

Just because a generation of Pokemon is old doesn't mean it isn't relevant anymore. And like I said above.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are clones. Doesn't mean they'll get cut though.

The others I'm not touching, because the third parties could get cut if their companies say no.

I just think people truly overreact about third parties in general, but especially their cuts and that's all to blame on Konami/Snake.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only reason to cut Wii Fit Trainer is "She's weird."

No other reason really. She's a lock unless the roster gets gutted.

People can say she isn't relevant, but the roster is filled with characters who are relevant.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucario may as well be Pokémon's secondary mascot. It's one of the few post-Kanto Pokémon to have lasting relevance. They made a big deal about Riolu being catchable in B2W2, and X and Y gave Lucario tons of attention in the story. Being the postermon for Pokken and having tons of merchandise just further solidifies it.

Lucario is far from unimportant. In fact, I'll say a bold statement: if for whatever reason the Pokémon roster got trimmed down to two characters, it would be Pikachu and Lucario. He's that big.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
They gave him a megaevolution in gen 6. Not to mention lucario appeared in last pokemon movie. So they are pushing him. And even if they weren't, Sakurai doesn't like cuts. And even if he has to make cuts, I really doubt Lucario would be one of them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, its kind of obvious that people who say Lucario is irrelevent don't pay attention to Pokemon anymore.

Not only is he used in advertising all the time, but he just showed up in the last movie.

Lucario is a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom